Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Machinegunboyo posted:

**pulls out the goon references handbook**

so yeah, looks like blatter is just going to fill the Palpatine role and the next dude will be Vader. gently caress the ocean

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
As long as the World Cup doesn't take place in Qatar, I'm fine with today's events. I don't mind Russia hosting 2018. They're patriotic, Christian and wanted to give us Lwów back.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well I could pull the "I know more about this than you" because I was the irrigation designer for the winning pilot project that led to AB 1881 that mandates a 40% reduction for all landscape water usage on new projects by this year back in 2006, or that WUCOLS (Water Use Classification of Landscape Species) is now the bible for landscape architects in CA instead of Sunset, or that I loving made 1/2 the god drat water efficiency use forums on http://www.water.ca.gov/wateruseefficiency/landscapeordinance/.

Or I could just say that Palm Springs is using almost 3-4 times the water that they should be using because all the old retired idiots think that Marathon II or Bermuda loving turf should make up 90% of there yards is a good idea in the middle of the loving desert, to say nothing about how most golf course use a bioswale/retention system in combination with reclaimed water for their turf.

Also this.

Every time someone quotes this I read it again and laugh even more so thanks OP

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Brony Car posted:

Blatter liked Messi more than Cristiano Ronaldo. I hope Messi ends up in jail.

It would be funny if they uncovered the obvious bribe adidas paid fifa to give the golden ball to one of their sponsored players in Brazil.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

It would be funny if they uncovered the obvious bribe adidas paid fifa to give the golden ball to one of their sponsored players in Brazil.

Wesley Sneijder will finally get his justice for not winning the Ballon in 2010

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Put IFAB in charge of world football

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Sperg
Jul 20, 2008

Theoretically, it is possible...
Gary Lineker:
"Blatter has resigned. Can't quite believe it. FIFA always appeared to be such a fine upstanding organization."

lol

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Blatter Evacuation

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Blatter should just spend the rest of his days in a white suit and fedora asking people around town to just let him "wet his beak a little."

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Blatter is good, baseball av posters are not

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

SeaTard posted:

Good, gently caress Blatter. It'll probably be Platini though as his replacement, which isn't exactly much better.

platini is worse than blatter

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry for discussing the biggest news in sports :shobon:

this dude pulled out the "shobon" smiley, the gayest one possible and i dont even know what shobon means.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

tbp posted:

this dude pulled out the "shobon" smiley, the gayest one possible and i dont even know what shobon means.

He's a human being

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
thank g-d i can both hear the great news of sepp getting blattered as well as getting unsolicited opinions from d&d/tff posters about water tables or nfl stadiums

what an age to be alive

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I work in miami and was talking with cubans at lunch and one of our white coworkers was like whats fifa....oh soccer? Who gives a gently caress, we dont care so much we call it something different than the rest of the world. gently caress soccer.

I lold and than posted on the internet

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Waroduce posted:

I work in miami and was talking with cubans at lunch and one of our white coworkers was like whats fifa....oh soccer? Who gives a gently caress, we dont care so much we call it something different than the rest of the world. gently caress soccer.

tyftp

(thank you for this post)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Blatter is still there you know guys, and will be until some as yet not precisely specified point in the future

Barbershop
Aug 14, 2008

Waroduce posted:

kill all whites imho (including blatter)

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Been out and about all day but I just wanted to chime in and say today is a good day.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Machinegunboyo posted:

**pulls out the goon references handbook**

so yeah, looks like blatter is just going to fill the Palpatine role and the next dude will be Vader. gently caress the ocean

lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

advanced statsman posted:

Blatter is good, baseball av posters are not

Second half of this is very true

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

The announcement today by President Blatter represents an exceptional and immediate opportunity for positive change within FIFA. I commend him for making a decision that puts FIFA and the sport we love above all other interests. This is the first of many steps towards real and meaningful reform within FIFA. Today is an occasion for optimism and belief for everyone who shares a passion for our game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
This Sprinkler Installing Goon Just Looked Up How Little Rain Qatar Gets. You'll Be Shocked What Happens Next.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

What's with all these new American posters caring about football all of a sudden? Or are you all just feeling patriotic because you liberated us from a tyrannical despot?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/blatters-resignation-threatens-qatars-2022-world-cup?utm_term=.lnqzPeDj0Y#.pxlBoa6njp

quote:

Insiders say the leaders of Qatar’s 2022 Supreme Committee have now been told not to set foot on U.S. soil for fear of being arrested by the FBI in its investigation into allegations that FIFA officials turned football into a “criminal enterprise” and presided over a “World Cup of fraud.”

Should have let us have the drat soccer tournament.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Personally, the idea of having a the World Cup final in Bryant-Denny is loving hilarious.
Award the next five World Cups to America, divide them among the college football power conferences. I want old Michigan fans to get mad at foreigners for doing something other than jingling keys.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'm suddenly hating America a whole lot more than I used to.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
What if Lebron James was president of FIFA?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Barbershop posted:

kill all whites imho (including blatter)

Whoa - watch the racism. We don't talk like that here, buddy.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

mackintosh posted:

I'm suddenly hating America a whole lot more than I used to.

Blatter was actualy pretty good for lots of the poor African associations imho.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

quote:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter is being investigated by US officials as part of their inquiry into corruption at the world football body, US media say.
The news came hours after Mr Blatter announced that he was stepping down from his role.

US prosecutors launched a criminal inquiry last week, with seven Fifa officials arrested in Switzerland, part of a group of 14 people indicted.
Two days after the arrests, Mr Blatter was re-elected president of Fifa.

However, he said on Tuesday that it appeared the mandate he had been given "does not seem to be supported by everyone in the world".
Mr Blatter said: "Fifa needs profound restructuring."

Mr Blatter just needs an anarchist to burn down FIFA to re-engage dictatorial powers

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

This guy will be the new leader of FIFA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Fat swiss man puts on a dutch accent and goes into hiding.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

igtr

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

serious gaylord posted:

FBI agents track him down and find him hiding in the Dutch language megathread

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Clarence Seedorf as Special Agent Luther

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

track day bro! posted:

Blatter was actualy pretty good for lots of the poor African associations imho.

There'd never have been an African world cup without him

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

serious gaylord posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Jose posted:

There'd never have been an African world cup without him

That's why everyone who is against Blatter is actually a racist and tries to hide it by attacking Louie Suarez for a cultural misunderstanding.