Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
It's why Two Worlds is so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The gently caress is this stupid poo poo? June is end boss month. Close this dumb thread, nerds.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Endboss Month is a depressing time of the year, when you realize that there aren't very many good ones now and most games just throw more enemies at you and pretend its the same.

Thank god for P* :japan:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

what is endboss month anyway? i thought it was some dumb 4chan thing

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
June is FF V JOB FIESTA MONTH

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Donkey Kong 64 has a good endboss

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

DK64 is actually a perfect example of why they don't make good endbosses anymore. Why put so much effort in making a good one, if only a fraction of people who buy the game will see it?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Why make endings to games at all? Most people won't see them.

makes u think...

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Chomp8645 posted:

Why make endings to games at all? Most people won't see them.

makes u think...

Did you enjoy working on Deus Ex?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Only twenty percent of the people that bought Mass Effect 3 finished the game and saw the ending. How do we know of it needed a new one if 80% of the people playing the game didn't experience it yet?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
At >3million units sold, that's still 600,000 people, or roughly 1/10 holocausts

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Reminder, this was posted from the lead Wildstar raid developer when after a year someone beat his raid after having to exploit it (it was unwinnable for months) and only 2 guilds have beat it to this day.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Superman 64 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be

It's even worse. You have to actually play it to comprehend how awful it is.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

theultimo posted:

Reminder, this was posted from the lead Wildstar raid developer when after a year someone beat his raid after having to exploit it (it was unwinnable for months) and only 2 guilds have beat it to this day.

I want to play the Duck Hunt one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Parker Lewis posted:

Is there a least worst 'gaming news' site that I can throw in my RSS reader or are they all terrible and I should just stick with forums/IRC for my gaming news?

I used to like Joystiq alright before they folded, http://www.vg247.com seems to be the best I've come across lately, but the bar seems pretty low.

Blues News is good if you're mainly PC.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

theultimo posted:

What was the exploit? Also was the raid as bad as that FF thing where a large amount of people took shifts wailing on a boss with millions of HP for more than 30 hours and when they were finally about to win a developer logged in and gave it a full restore?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

post a video of the raid people had to exploit after spending months of their lives not being able to beat it

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
MMOs are a warcrime. There's a dude that literally died trying to do a ff raid isn't there?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
at least two chinese dudes died playing diablo

diablo ONE. not even diablo 2. :stare:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Nasgate posted:

MMOs are a warcrime. There's a dude that literally died trying to do a ff raid isn't there?

a korean girl died at her desk playing WoW. she just forgot to eat or poo poo or do anything but WoW and then eventually keeled over

they had an in-game funeral for her

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There was that chinese guy who died from a heart attack playing wow in a cyber cafe and no one noticed for a while

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
http://www.spike.com/articles/id98jf/the-top-10-deaths-caused-by-video-games

Xiao Yi was 13 when he jumped from the top of a 24-story building.  The note he left behind for his parents was written from the point of view of a video game character.  Further, the note detailed his wish to meet three of his gaming friends in the afterlife.  His parents asked him, at one point, about his addiction.  He replied that he “had been poisoned by games and could no longer control himself.”

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
How come that poo poo only happens in Asia? Are they just more dedicated than us lazy fat westerners?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Adam Bowen posted:

How come that poo poo only happens in Asia? Are they just more dedicated than us lazy fat westerners?

Well, Starcraft is practically currency in Korea...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

American suicide is usually because we're a horribly racist/sexist/anti-lgbt society. That or we go out guns blazing. Clearly we just have more Duke Nukem fans.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

theultimo posted:

Well, Starcraft is practically currency in Korea...

It's their national loving sport. No, seriously

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

How many people died over DNF?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what am i looking at here besides a guy with a gun

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

thats columbine footage

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

what am i looking at here besides a guy with a gun

H

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

RoanHorse posted:

How many people died over DNF?

probably a lot of people died in the 14 years it took to be released.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Wasn't there a goon here who held on to the pre-order receipt for like a decade?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Excels posted:

thats columbine footage

oh. i see.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Level Slide posted:

Wasn't there a goon here who held on to the pre-order receipt for like a decade?

It wasn't Axemaniac, but I should have been.

E: is there still anyone Forever Banned?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111166-10-Year-Old-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Preorder-Honored-With-Swag

theultimo fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 2, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

video games are... bad?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

video games are... bad?
Gamers are bad, video games are good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Accordion Man posted:

Gamers are bad, video games are good.

So what you're saying is...

*ahem*

:smugdog: "Hate the player, not the game"?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Awesome! posted:

oh. i see.

Only 90s kids will get this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RoanHorse posted:

Only twenty percent of the people that bought Mass Effect 3 finished the game and saw the ending. How do we know of it needed a new one if 80% of the people playing the game didn't experience it yet?

That's pretty average for games actually.

Adam Bowen posted:

One guy in the UK died after doing a Call of Duty marathon but it was literally because he sat on his rear end for too long.

• Locked thread