Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

This episode was really good and had great character moments: Yuya desperately trying to keep his team together, Gongenzaka being far too honorable for what he has to deal with, Kurosaki still a presumptuos piece of poo poo (I prefer his Raid Raptors when drawn in a more traditional style rather than CGI), Dennis who is basically a GoT character, just wonderful.

Which Raid Raptor card are you referring to when you say that it's horribly overpowered?

Devil Eagle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Really? It is good, don't get me wrong, but aren't most Raid Raptors capable of unspeakably punishing the opponent for daring to Special Summon monsters? Maybe I am undervaluing it but it doesn't seem much worse than Rise Falcon.

On the other hand, that card requires 3 monsters... I don't know.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

Really? It is good, don't get me wrong, but aren't most Raid Raptors capable of unspeakably punishing the opponent for daring to Special Summon monsters? Maybe I am undervaluing it but it doesn't seem much worse than Rise Falcon.

Well, if it goes with the anime effect, it's a point and inflict damage.
You can also target your opponent's monster.

Imagine it's Gagaga Cowboy, but much better.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well, if it goes with the anime effect, it's a point and inflict damage.
You can also target your opponent's monster.

Imagine it's Gagaga Cowboy, but much better.

Well, all Raid Raptors have required Winged Beasts for their Xyx Material up until now, meaning that it will not be quite as ubiquitous.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

Well, all Raid Raptors have required Winged Beasts for their Xyx Material up until now, meaning that it will not be quite as ubiquitous.

Well yeah It's a RR exclusive Gagaga Cowboy, but a much better nonetheless.
Also you can actually Rank-up into force strix and keep the RR train going, which is always good.

If it calls for Winged Beasts that means it can run in Blackwing. And since a lot of the blackwing bosses are great beatsticks...
Yeah you get my drift.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 2, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

It is much better than Rise Falcon. The ability to burn first on your turn and then immediately after when your opponent start his turn too would result in some wicked come-back plays if the card sees release.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just love Shun going "He is sorta good.... ARE YOU EVEN FROM LDS YOU EVIL SONOF A BITCH?!!!" while we as an audience saw way more suspicious things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would say that the ending to the second Aporia fight was dumb, but holy poo poo did that dude have enough stupid cards that I do not at all care how they beat him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

I would say that the ending to the second Aporia fight was dumb, but holy poo poo did that dude have enough stupid cards that I do not at all care how they beat him.

Now imagine you were waiting three goddamn years for them to make Rua a Signer and THAT'S the effect they gave his dragon. So weak.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It also feels pretty lame that they had to make it the heart. It looks like it just got tacked on to the sign which it probably was.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Beef Waifu posted:

It also feels pretty lame that they had to make it the heart. It looks like it just got tacked on to the sign which it probably was.

It was. Leo was intended to be a Signer waaay before the end of the series, and there were only intended to be five Signers.

Crow ruined everything. :argh:

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

The Heart wasn't tacked on. You can see it in the WC2009 DS game. I cannot provide quotes, but I recall Maruyama being somewhat disdainful that he had to design multiple iterations of the full Crimson Dragon mark.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mistressminako posted:

The Heart wasn't tacked on. You can see it in the WC2009 DS game. I cannot provide quotes, but I recall Maruyama being somewhat disdainful that he had to design multiple iterations of the full Crimson Dragon mark.

Yup yup.

I like the heart, personally, the way Ruka's mark holds on to it is nice. I just don't like how lame Lifestream Dragon is. It doesn't even have its level-reducing effect it had in the anime.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The stuff you can do in one turn with Gem-Knights will never stop being impressive for me. I mean seriously, look at this.

I got Brilliant, Absorb and Gem-Knight Fusion in the first hand. The rest just happened on its own.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait for Absorb, Brilliant Fusion, and Lady Brilliant Diamond to become actual cards in the TCG. This and Raidraptors need their ocg support like right now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

The stuff you can do in one turn with Gem-Knights will never stop being impressive for me. I mean seriously, look at this.

I got Brilliant, Absorb and Gem-Knight Fusion in the first hand. The rest just happened on its own.

Spellcasters are my favorite monster type, but Gem-Knights will always be my favorite archetype. The things they can do are just insane.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

Mind posting a deck list for your Gem Knight deck? Been trying to get something together but not exactly getting anywhere.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Mind posting a deck list for your Gem Knight deck?
Mind uploading the save file instead?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BksiZQzWWZs

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Impressive cardgaming.
But the guy's choice of skins and BG...urgh :catstare:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Mind posting a deck list for your Gem Knight deck? Been trying to get something together but not exactly getting anywhere.

I just copied Onmi's Gem-Knight deck from two pages earlier in the thread, but here it is again:

Nyaa posted:

Mind uploading the save file instead?

I guess you mean the file for the deck, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nrcrc55d56i54o0/Gem-Knight.ydk

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So one Gem-Knight Combo I've grown to love.

Brilliant Fusion into Lady Diamond, Dump Normal, Lazuli and Other (Another Lazuli if you have another normal in Grave)
Summon Normal, Use Lady Diamond's effect to Summon another Lady Diamond. Use that Lady Diamonds effect to tribute the 0 attack Lady Diamond to summon a Master Diamond. Depending on your field state, you can chain this to 3 Lady Diamonds and another Gem Knight. Usually Master Diamond because you've filled the grave.

But yeah, Gem-Knights are loving Bonkers from going to "I have no field" to "I have 2 3k+ monsters on field" And that's just a 1 card combo, Brilliant Fusion.

EDIT: Wait drat you can't do that because of Lady Diamonds conditions. drat.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 3, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I guess you mean the file for the deck, here it is: [
Thank you. I wish it can exported easier with password script or something instead.

In hindsight, I should had ask for your whole file folder instead. :worship:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I just copied Onmi's Gem-Knight deck from two pages earlier in the thread, but here it is again:

I guess you mean the file for the deck, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nrcrc55d56i54o0/Gem-Knight.ydk

How well is this build working for you? How well is it working without any traps?

Personally, I'm really not fond of running modern Gem-Knights without using Call of the Haunted to really abuse Lady Diamond's effect.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

On a vaguely YGO related note, watching AznEyes playing Splatoon and totally not understand the game is kind of hilarious.

EDIT: CAN WE GET PTOLEMAIOS BANNED YET?

This is my first turn. Can you guess why I don't have any cards?

Vandar fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 4, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
he used some sort of "shuffle hand into deck" card and chained graveyard special summoning card on protector of the sanctuary.

EDIT: I forgot durendal had that sort of effect. so yeah, durendal.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like the old Protector of the Sanctuary and disturbance strategy combo. Just have him in grave and activate disturance strategy and chain something to summon protector as chain link 2.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Close enough. He used a combination of Ptolemaios and Noden to get that bullshit onto the field. I had the perfect opening hand, too. :argh:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
just ban protector of the sanctuary then. the fact that the card still is able to do that in some way/shape/form is very stupid.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Koguma posted:

just ban protector of the sanctuary then. the fact that the card still is able to do that in some way/shape/form is very stupid.

Not consistently.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Not consistently.

Let me tell you the tale of mighty Slur, destroyer of all that is interesting and protector of all that is tedious!

The only positive thing I can say about Protector of the sanctuary FTK is that it at least isn't Royal Magical Library FTK. Watching your opponent play solitaire for 1 minute to then rage quit or win instantly is much preferable to watching your opponent do the same but in 10 minutes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't know about Protector of the Sanctuary, but I do agree Ptolemaios needs to get banned hard. It gives every deck a super easy way to go into Infinity, which is really, really not fun. There's basically no reason at all to not run Ptolemaios, Nova and Infinity in your Extra Deck at any time, beyond playing Cyber Dragon where you only need two out of three. Not to mention how it can lead into anything else, Nova/Infinity just seems to be the most popular use and it's very easy to see why.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That was one thing that confused me about the Clownblade decks that were linked earlier. Most of them ran Pleiades instead of Infinity.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So I'm taking a break from Gem-Knights and Clownblade to mess around with Sibyl Shaddolls.

Ahahahahahahaha oh my god this is so much FUN.

Xoidanor posted:

That was one thing that confused me about the Clownblade decks that were linked earlier. Most of them ran Pleiades instead of Infinity.

I'd assume that some of them aren't using Infinity because that frees up another Extra Deck slot, since they won't have to run Nova. Extra Deck space is tight as hell for Clownblade, so any chance we can take to make room, we're going to take.

Either that or they just don't HAVE Infinity. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This is on my second turn with Sibyl Shaddolls:

He had a facedown Masked HERO Koga. I was fusing my facedown Beast and Falco for Winda.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dexie posted:

This is on my second turn with Sibyl Shaddolls:

He had a facedown Masked HERO Koga. I was fusing my facedown Beast and Falco for Winda.

Bahaha...you got a decklist for this?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Bahaha...you got a decklist for this?

I admittedly took the decklist from a Yugituber I stumbled onto, so I can't claim credit for the build. It's not perfect either, there's already a few changes I want to make to it (clean up that extra deck for one, and drop the Cores for Solemn/Bottomless/Compulse), but I'm having a blast playing it. Once you get the right setup it just blows up and your opponent can't do anything about it.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm keeping the Cores. I'm a dumbass that forgot they were level 9. Instant material for Tarotray's Ritual.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 5, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H80LxCjxbvQ

A good duel, and I very much appreciate editing in the anime clips for the big summons.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

A good duel, and I very much appreciate editing in the anime clips for the big summons.

I'm gonna play the poo poo out of that stupid game when I get my hands on a computer that isn't running OSX in two weeks.

EDIT: The Kaiba AI is loving amazing, found a duel with most anime of anime comebacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobuOwla1g4

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dabir posted:

I love that this game simulates those clutch draws that always save the characters' hide in the anime. :allears: