Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

wtb dual character training certs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
I have been advised to think carefully before making such statements in a public forum but I find the new icons rather nice. The only thing that I would change is to give the cyno its own separate icon - right now it uses a generic beacon icon which does not properly reflect its importance.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

EssOEss posted:

I have been advised to think carefully before making such statements in a public forum but I find the new icons rather nice. The only thing that I would change is to give the cyno its own separate icon - right now it uses a generic beacon icon which does not properly reflect its importance.

someone whip up a goatse-lookin' overview icon for cynos

Fox_bat
Mar 6, 2010
I hate to interrupt food, blue-shooting, and goatse icon talk but apparently seekers will kill entosis equipped ships per :reddit:

If this is really true then kudos to CCP for creating a flood of tears.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
Hot drat, got me 21200 AUR for $9.21 after tax. Makes me feel better about being too slow for the PLEX cock-up last year. Or was it 2013?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Fox_bat posted:

I hate to interrupt food, blue-shooting, and goatse icon talk but apparently seekers will kill entosis equipped ships per :reddit:

If this is really true then kudos to CCP for creating a flood of tears.

e: Found it. Confirmed by Fozzie.

"Seekers and Drifters disapprove of nasty capsuleers stealing their tech."

Also from the mouth of Fozzie, regarding the new overview icons:

quote:

Pointy goes dakka-dakka. Flat doesn't go dakka-dakka. Pointy with line goes dakka-dakka-pew-pew-BANG!

This is all you need to know.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 2, 2015

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

$150.00 in aurum for 13ish bucks. Should I just buy skins and sell them?

No, because everyone will try to do that and it will make it pointless for everyone.

i totally don't have a vested interest in this nooooope

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Libluini posted:

gently caress, why do I always come just too late when something like this happens? And that with the new SoE-skins coming over the next weeks. :sigh:

You guys who loaded up on Aurum are really loving lucky.

Thanks for the 30k aurum CCP

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

vyst posted:

Thanks for the 30k120k aurum CCP

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

vyst posted:

Thanks for the 60k aurum CCP

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Some of us have jobs to go to. :mad:

But not for much longer :(

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Ynglaur posted:

What do you and Mikey and other smart PVPers think CCP should do with non-DPS drones? Are they salvagable? The only thing I can think of it don't apply stacking penalties, but that seems like it would be overpowered in large fleets. Perhaps have a smaller stacking penalty? I.e. a different logarithmic curve?
The simplest fix would be to Geckoify them. Double the sizes and bandwidth of each EW drone, and increase effect accordingly.

So for web drones, a 50mbit ship could only deploy two 20mbit mediums at ~45% each, and maybe one light at ~35%, and you end up with the same slowing effect as a 55% and 50% web, with fewer drones to target and kill. 50mbit heavies could be 55%, since you can't ever use more than two, and you're sacrificing all your drone bandwidth on what's likely a drone-centric ship for the effect of two mobile mid-tier webs.

Ahahaha, this is great. As nasty as Drifters are, it might actually somewhat offset the ease of offensive link spam.

chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
Evening guys, I've been thinking of ideas for a Series that I can put together for Youtube I've started making videos and was trying to think of something that's useful for the eve players. so after a few days of wracking my brains and looking round. I've come up with the idea of making a log of my attempts to run every DED site there is in eve.

This will be a on going series starting with highsec sites then looking in to lowsec and then moving on to nullsec.
I'm looking at two options as to do I start a brand new character and document his progression as i train his skills and gear him towards being able to run the sites. the next option is to use my current character and document his attempts.

I've played eve for a long time and am fairly experienced. But I'm looking for something that's never been done. sure there is loads of videos of other people running sites and lets but I don't know of any one that's ever made a total series dedicated to the whole pve experience of eve. I know there are other youtube directors that's dedicated channels to exploration ie johnny pew but not sure if he as attempted to run every site in eve.

Any why its only an idea and any feed back would be fantastic thanks for taking the time to read it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The new icons remind me of playing space battles in Master of Orion.

Also the new caracal design is tits.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 2, 2015

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
The aurum gaff happened just as marauder skins were released. I now own a :siren: Police Kronos :siren: for the equivalent of about 50 cents.

I only got about 16k aurum unlike you other enterprising goons.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
lol if you haul freighters or bowheads through highsec while at war

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Boney Is Retarded

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
it's his second one

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
was my post not clear or something

Swit
Sep 6, 2013

by Cowcaster
Any quotes lesser than 100m per hour to scout?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

HAHAHA I spent $13 on aurum and bought a Jump Freighter.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
It's kind of funny. I took a look today at how my war is going. Looks like it's kind of one-sided. On my side some guys went on a killing spree, destroying 13 ships worth 1 billion ISK in total, on the other side my enemies got some dumbass. His pod was worth 120+ million. Not bad for some random corps I randomly accepted as allies.

Since I'm an rear end in a top hat, I've send a EVE-Mail to the guy responsible for diplo on the enemies' side and demanded the same sum of money for accepting their surrender they normally demand for dropping the war dec. In it I also told them I would just continue to decline surrender offers until my demand is met.

War decs can be fun, if you find other people to fight for you. :v:

Now back to playing more Elite: Dangerous

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

HAHAHA I spent $13 on aurum and bought a Jump Freighter.

Goddammit I jumped on that Amazon link as soon as it was posted

quote:

Game Downloads are only available to US customers

:argh: :australia:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Goddammit I jumped on that Amazon link as soon as it was posted

:argh: :australia:

Sometimes you can get around this by putting in an American address. I'm pretty sure I've had invoices sent to Wrigley field for digital purchases in the past.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even get the chance to put in a US address. They knew where I was through some internet black magic :(:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I didn't even get the chance to put in a US address. They knew where I was through some internet black magic :(:

I'm thinking VPN.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll try that next time. The last time I needed to use a VPN was to unlock XCOM 18 hours earlier back in 2012.

Amazon jumped on that mistake pretty quickly today anyway

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

EssOEss posted:

I have been advised to think carefully before making such statements in a public forum but I find the new icons rather nice.
I'm very split.

I like the icons well enough on their own, but when you have the whole overview column full they're kinda meh. I don't think they did enough to make things distinct (there could be a lot more done with solid fill vs all the outlining). And I don't like how they made all the shapes fit in the same square shape (the ship shapes all feel really fat, when they could vary width a bit to emphasize small from large).

However, it's great that icons show ship types and objects that had useless icons now have distinct ones. Hopefully they'll do another pass at some point with more artistry.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I don't think Amazon checks IPs for that. You just need to have a second browser or use incognito mode so they aren't picking up the cookies from your normal amazon account.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

As a reminder: Today's patch changed the fitting for armor plates, shield extenders, and MWDs. Many fits may have to be revised. If you have a fleet that you intend to attend tonight, consider logging in early to see if you need to update your fit/implants for your intended ship. Grab me on Jabber if you need help tweaking your fit.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Boney Is Retarded

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

Klyith posted:

I don't think Amazon checks IPs for that. You just need to have a second browser or use incognito mode so they aren't picking up the cookies from your normal amazon account.

I'd advise you to blah blah blah buttes

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 3, 2015

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ullerrm posted:

As a reminder: Today's patch changed the fitting for armor plates, shield extenders, and MWDs. Many fits may have to be revised. If you have a fleet that you intend to attend tonight, consider logging in early to see if you need to update your fit/implants for your intended ship. Grab me on Jabber if you need help tweaking your fit.

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

I'd advise you to blah blah blah buttes

:patriot:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It's funny because the Australian government has pretty much officially endorsed using those sorts of methods to stop us getting shafted on prices for digital distribution software.

Eg there is no reason why a game for sale on Steam for $10 USD on the American Steam client costs $25 USD on the Australian one.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Our Government has shown that they barely know how the internet works on so many occasions by acting as if over half of them have ever been on the internet before

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
So anyone got an idea how drifters attacking entios link fit ships is going to shake things up?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Never once claimed I wasn't bad at this game or that I wasn't retarded.

Fake edit: We killed the intended target. It dropped 200m in fuel blocks. OP Success.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

vodkat posted:

So anyone got an idea how drifters attacking entios link fit ships is going to shake things up?

Less entositrolling and possibly every fleet will require to have a few more entosis fitted ships in case the normal one gets unlucky. Having your cap interrupted because rats managed to kill your last capper will be bad.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Haquer, you are freed.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Any details on drifter space? I probed around some in MXX earlier because there's a tower, but didn't seem to find much of anything - only had a few minutes.

I'm a horrible casual who mostly does exploring so it's kind of exciting to have new things!

Poopsocks
Feb 22, 2009
The MMO scene is stale for me right now and I keep gravitating to come try EVE out. I will admit I have tried the free trial several times but just could never get the hang of the game. I never joined up with goons, so I am considering giving it a try grouping up with you lot.

I love reading about stuff that happens in EVE, I just want to get involved with it, but don't know how.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Poopsocks posted:

The MMO scene is stale for me right now and I keep gravitating to come try EVE out. I will admit I have tried the free trial several times but just could never get the hang of the game. I never joined up with goons, so I am considering giving it a try grouping up with you lot.

I love reading about stuff that happens in EVE, I just want to get involved with it, but don't know how.

Karmafleet dude. Karmafleet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/karmafleet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

Ok, I did, and I stand by my statement :colbert:

• Locked thread