Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah,

2>1>3>6>5>4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That was a good finale. If it makes sense to do a movie, great. But, if the show gets on a boat with LeVar Burton and never comes back, that's okay, too.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
3>2>6>5>1>4

Echoing season 4 just being mildly pleasant rather than vomit-inducing funny.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I wonder if Jeff and Annie post in CD.

Also, for anyone wondering, yes, that was Justin Roiland voicing the ice cube.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Annie asking why the audience wasn't sad for her in Jeff's static version of season 7 was great, and that tag was probably the best of the season, which is really saying a lot. Overall it was a good finale that succeeded for me by acknowledging the flaws of the show in its later seasons (even explicitly saying it's okay to phone it in sometimes). I won't be mad if there's a movie, but that finale seemed conclusive enough that it seems entirely superfluous.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
OK, done with the final.

Why is it the best TV series finale wasn't on TV? I've seen far too many sad and depressing finales that weren't sad and depressing in the way the writers intended. Roseanne, Seinfeld... those two spring immediately to mind. But this one is right up there with Parks & Recreation. Hilarious where it needed to be, bittersweet, and just open-ended enough that while it's clear there probably won't be any more Community, if there is, they won't have to cheat the ending to make it happen.

Good stuff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked it. Good end to the season and possibly the entire show.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Still kinda holding out hope for 'AndAMovie'. Just as a last hurrah, and one last proper goodbye for those in the study group who left without a proper send off, those who only just hit the ground running, and goddamnit, I just wanna have one more joke from Troy.

Another season of rotating cast members would be fine, but it would be nice just to have it end on an even higher note.

P.S. 2>3>Second half of 6>First Half of 5>First of 6>Second of 5>1>4

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Guyyys... I'm really sad.

That was exceptional. It wasn't the ending the show wanted, but it was the ending the show deserved.

In my heart of hearts I was hoping the finale had something wrapping up the hole in Abed's life that was Troy, but that was about the only thing missing.

A movie would be awesome.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I just wanna have one more joke from Troy.

Holy poo poo, Donald Glover is never, ever coming back. Not for a seventh season. Not for a movie. Not for anything.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Irish Joe posted:

Holy poo poo, Donald Glover is never, ever coming back. Not for a seventh season. Not for a movie. Not for anything.

Toxx for it.

I'm hoping for all of the former cast members to return for the grand movie, even if it's for a moment.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Irish Joe posted:

Did not know Irish Joe was also Donald Glover's agent.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ETB posted:

Toxx for it.

I'm hoping for all of the former cast members to return for the grand movie, even if it's for a moment.

He already did.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's cool how the finale went out of its way to show that an inability to let go is a bad thing but fans of the show still refuse to let go.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I kinda suspect the "third black character" in the background of that one scene was going to be Troy if Glover wanted to come back for a cameo in this episode.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes me too.

That was pretty devastating.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I unironically would have loved Britta's season 7.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Frankly, I think it would be easier and more fair for me to rank episodes rather than seasons. With the exception of season 4, which was some real bush league paint-by-numbers bullshit, every season had its moments and exceptional episodes, and should be seen more as a continuum than as a season vs season game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

hcreight posted:

I kinda suspect the "third black character" in the background of that one scene was going to be Troy if Glover wanted to come back for a cameo in this episode.

I liked that the Dean didn't think either of the two extra characters could sit in the empty seat next to Jeff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

He already did.

Just how many Toxx's does Joe have out there now? I know he has one for the Winds of Winter being released before either next season or the end of the show.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just how many Toxx's does Joe have out there now? I know he has one for the Winds of Winter being released before either next season or the end of the show.

A whole bunch because I never lose.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ETB posted:

Toxx for it.

Toxx for him coming back

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

MrAristocrates posted:

It turned closed captioning back on every time I paused.

It turned it on every time a commercial break ended and by the way gently caress that Firefox commercial it's so dumb.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

It turned it on every time a commercial break ended and by the way gently caress that Firefox commercial it's so dumb.

Every time a commercial ended it would freeze and then restart the ep with captions on, so double (triple?) threat for me.

Also, I would pay for Yahoo screen if it meant I wouldn't have to see that loving Sin City Saints commercial with that smug douchebag saying "I love the way I think" again. Maybe that is their business plan.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Irish Joe posted:

A whole bunch because I never lose.

I got to admit this makes you better than at least one person.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Guy A. Person posted:

Every time a commercial ended it would freeze and then restart the ep with captions on, so double (triple?) threat for me.

Also, I would pay for Yahoo screen if it meant I wouldn't have to see that loving Sin City Saints commercial with that smug douchebag saying "I love the way I think" again. Maybe that is their business plan.

I've somehow figured out how to break commercials with chromecast... If you start chromecast before your device starts its first commercial, then the entire episode will run commercial free. Though that might just be yahoo's terrible chromecast implementation choking while trying to show commercials.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Adblock works well enough for me in stopping commercials.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Steve Vader posted:

I liked that the Dean didn't think either of the two extra characters could sit in the empty seat next to Jeff.

That's the Dean's seat. Dressed as Father Time for some reason? :confused:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Guy A. Person posted:

Toxx for him coming back

I'm okay with saving $10 on TV show wagers.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I liked the S5 finale more than this. They're both obviously comments on the show's production but I felt like the S5 one made more of an effort to turn it into a story whereas this just had the characters say everything out loud. Not to say I disliked it of course. It had shades of the S4 finale as well, with the extremely conceptual parts turning out to represent Jeff's struggle instead of Abed's. Pretty good season overall.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Jeff and Annie kissing, shaking your fist at the confines of network television, ending the season on a hashtag again: stupid, boring, lame.

Everything else: pretty good. And now it's gone, probably for good, maybe.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Chang confirmed as GBS poster.

That was all really good, I think it's fine if it ends there or carries on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Honestly, I wouldn't bet against this show coming back.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Harmon has said he can't talk about viewership numbers, but man Nielsen was horrifically wrong if "tens of millions" isn't an exaggeration.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Episode was good. Really good in fact!

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I liked Chang farting during the gas leak year's "cool"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Capntastic posted:

I liked Chang farting during the gas leak year's "cool"

That fart was the best gas leak of the series.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

PostNouveau posted:

Harmon has said he can't talk about viewership numbers, but man Nielsen was horrifically wrong if "tens of millions" isn't an exaggeration.

I got a bit annoyed about that, because he's still ignoring non-american viewers who are blocked from watching through yahoo for some nonsensical reason.

Great episode. It's weird to slowly, from the start of the season, hearing Dan Harmon's voice grow louder and louder through his characters and story, until the very end when it was finally just him speaking directly to the camera.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I don't really want the movie. That finale was great. That was enough. If a movie comes, I'm sure I'll enjoy it too, but if it doesn't, that's fine.

So overall, "Community" was a good television show, mostly, and I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Quick everyone buy a Honda and mail the company your receipt thanking them for supporting your favorite show.

• Locked thread