Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Regy Rusty posted:

The final boss with the Roller is ridiculously hard. :stare:

I'm dreading all of these
I feel like the Gannondorf part must be horrible - I had enough trouble dodging the Killer Wails with the hero shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

There's no voice chat but I like to think of the echolocator grenades and even the super as position-calling. If you see a Charger on a ledge you can toss one of those wallhack bombs up there and then it draws a line from all of your teammates to the guy you're calling.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm dreading all of these
I feel like the Gannondorf part must be horrible - I had enough trouble dodging the Killer Wails with the hero shot

It is. With the Charger it's actually easier than the normal version because you have so much range you don't even need to get into a good position to bounce it back. But with the roller you have to get right up in its face and time your attack just right. I made it up to the penultimate Ganondorf part and lost my last life because you're in such a small area and it's so hectic.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So charger players are either savants that shred entire teams or hopeless idiots that contribute absolutely nothing. There does not seem to be any middle ground.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

So charger players are either savants that shred entire teams or hopeless idiots that contribute absolutely nothing. There does not seem to be any middle ground.

Given there's now a mode that's not dependant on covering large areas for exp (something that chargers are kinda poo poo at doing and largely relied on the Death'splosion to make it worth the bother) I think chargers will have their time in the sun.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 2, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

That is pretty much the skill ceiling yeah

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Regy Rusty posted:

This and one of the limited ink challenges are the only amiibo challenges I didn't beat on my first try. The ink one I got second try and this one, I said "gently caress this" after 4 tries since I don't really like playing roller anyway, so the skin unlock isn't important to me.

I will come back and beat it, though. For dignity.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm pretty good at ranked. Using it to level up my glasses/goggles things.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm dreading doing the final boss with the roller, it looks like it'll be difficult.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I got splatted by the first boss. I wonder how many times I'll have to restart the final one... :allears:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I just had a Turf war match where all of the opposite team and two of my team disconnected. My buddy and I spent the entire time just inking every part of the map we could reach.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Regy Rusty posted:

Not if you're gud :smug:

No really, I had very little trouble with it. You really need to get quite good with the shotgun and your timing needs to be tighter, but the fists will go back in one close-ish range shot and the missile is the same way. But maybe I just like the Roller too much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got some awesome rounds with at least 4 goons in earlier. I could probably play the port for hours and not get sick of it. Which is good cause that's basically what's been happening today

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The little seeker mine buddies seem pretty good on the new port map. Set em up and they will just paint a whole lane for you.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

The little seeker mine buddies seem pretty good on the new port map. Set em up and they will just paint a whole lane for you.

Inkzooka seems pretty good too since it's so easy to line up a shot

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I just had the Spyke/Judd glitch work. Work up a winning streak and before you cash it in buy an item from Spyke and then return to Judd. He will pay back your winnings and what you spent on Spyke. Saved 30k.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The rapid blaster/ink mine/bubbler is now my main weapon until further notice. Thanks for reading.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Every splatzone match I've had so far has been one hundred percent decided by one team being retarded and trying to do the spawn jump into a zone where every single enemy is guaranteed to be over and over and getting lit the gently caress up. I guess people don't realize the enemy can see where you land.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mabels big day posted:

The rapid blaster/ink mine/bubbler is now my main weapon until further notice. Thanks for reading.
use the custom blaster instead, it also has the bubbler but it kills in one direct hit and the splash is better

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I will be a custom blaster evangelist until I see one in every ranked game I play

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

use the custom blaster instead, it also has the bubbler but it kills in one direct hit and the splash is better

whats the subweapon, and what lvl do you get it

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

The roller missions are easy once you learn to spam paint flicks at everything, it kills every enemy in one hit and can reflect all the boss shots. You should never be actually trying to roll into anything with the roller.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mabels big day posted:

whats the subweapon, and what lvl do you get it

subweapon is the sensor bombs, which rule bc they're great for knowing where people are when they're hiding in ink and one-shotting them with the blaster and they don't cost much ink so you can spam them

you get it at 17 because if you're not at least 17 it will be too powerful for you mortal hands.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Being stuck in a part-full lobby when the map switchover hits and then having to wait for the full 3 minute timer to get out suuucks :argh:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
With regards to the perks for the equipment does the main perk have more of an effect than the sub-perks for any item? Thinking if I should try and get the perks I want the most in the main slots.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

mabels big day posted:

Do you stack damage bonus with it to make the splash good, or doesn't that part matter?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Icedude posted:

Being stuck in a part-full lobby when the map switchover hits and then having to wait for the full 3 minute timer to get out suuucks :argh:

yea that happened to me last night and it wasnt cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The final boss with the kraken however is hilarious. It's nice to be able to just breeze through everything.

Overall I'm really satisfied with what the Amiibos add. The challenges were a lot of fun and really taught you to use the other weapons in new ways. Hopefully I can carry that over to the multiplayer. I even kinda liked the limited ink ones. They clearly very carefully chose which stages to do that for as they're ones with minimal fighting and you can use your ink carefully. And of course all the kraken stages are a blast.

Tengames posted:

The roller missions are easy once you learn to spam paint flicks at everything, it kills every enemy in one hit and can reflect all the boss shots. You should never be actually trying to roll into anything with the roller.

Oh of course that's what I was doing wrong by trying to roll into the missiles. Thanks for the tip!!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bown posted:

With regards to the perks for the equipment does the main perk have more of an effect than the sub-perks for any item? Thinking if I should try and get the perks I want the most in the main slots.

pretty sure it says that in the manual yes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

Do you stack damage bonus with it to make the splash good, or doesn't that part matter?

i haven't even bothered optimizing equipment yet. I just wear new stuff all the time to unlock the perks.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Every splatzone match I've had so far has been one hundred percent decided by one team being retarded and trying to do the spawn jump into a zone where every single enemy is guaranteed to be over and over and getting lit the gently caress up. I guess people don't realize the enemy can see where you land.

They can't see where I land :pcgaming:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Regarding perks and stats, I haven't cracked the game open or can provide solid facts and figures, but I'm pretty sure their effects are negligable and don't have a real in game effect. I dicked around in the testing area and while the defense perk does reduce damage in a numerical sense, it doesn't amount to taking more/less shots. Similarly, running/squiding wall to wall, I timed it (wearing my three lots of faster in ink perk shoes) and there was less than a tenth of a second difference.

So I dunno, wear what you want.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

subweapon is the sensor bombs, which rule bc they're great for knowing where people are when they're hiding in ink and one-shotting them with the blaster and they don't cost much ink so you can spam them

you get it at 17 because if you're not at least 17 it will be too powerful for you mortal hands.

I'll give it a try when i get to level 17 but the rapid blaster looks cooler.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

IronicDongz posted:

I will be a custom blaster evangelist until I see one in every ranked game I play

I love the custom blaster too. Do teammates get sight of enemies you tag with point sensors like with the echolocator? That would make it even better.

Too bad all the blasters still kind of suck in turf war because they can't spread large amounts of ink well. Good for rushing forward but not racking up points.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Szmitten posted:

So I dunno, wear what you want.
good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Donald Duck don't fuckin play. :krakken:

These are all defensive kills as well. Was on skatepark and never really left middle. Guy who DC'd did so in the last 30 seconds.
Krak-on is a defensive weapon. If you don't over extend yourself and remember to retreat a bit you can do wonderous wonderous murder with it.

As I'm sure the lads in #splagoons can assure you :dukedog:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm definitely going to give some ninja jump gear a whirl in my next session. It's boneheaded to visibly jump back into the fray in Splat Zones, but it's also agitating to take the long route while the timer is ticking down, so we'll see how good that perk is at solving the problem.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

The 56Gal works surprisingly well in Ranked, especially on Skatepark as simply splatting one person in the zone is enough to flip it :getin: Just unlocked the 96Gal too so I'm gonna have to get the cash to take that for a whirl in Ranked later.

I think the reason I was sucking so bad all weekend was because I was connecting to a slow connection by wifi. Plugging in a network cable on an actually fast connection has turned me into a killing machine :clint:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think .56 gal deco is one of the best guns for ranked. Solid base weapon with one of the best sub weapons in the game. The ink strike special is also good for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Chill Penguin posted:

It may be ovvious, but I see you didn't mention it, so I'll ask: did you try restarting your router and/or modem? I was frequently disconnecting at first, but after restarting my router have been fine...

Thank you good goon sir. That was the issue and its alot more stable. Not perfect but not kicking me every game. I cant beleive I didn't think of that. Now that I have a good portion of playable games I can say this game is fantastic fun!

My fave weapon is the charger because nothings quite as fun as sniping squids from afar and seeing straight runs of ink on the map.

• Locked thread