Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Just saw the news. It better not be Platini who takes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

This thread is corrupt

Guess you need some American Mods to come clean it up :911:

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I don't really care about water consumption but I think I would like a world cup in a place that isn't Qatar, so I hope that happens.

e: also another USA cup would be pretty bad, so I hope that doesn't happen either

troofs fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 2, 2015

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Alaska for WC22

Seven more years of climate change means nice July temps and you can have the games whenever UEFA wants and it'll still be daylight :)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Honestly cannot tell if you are being serious or not.

wasn't that the japan korea one? if so then a lot of the games were hinky

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CyberPingu posted:

Honestly cannot tell if you are being serious or not.

It was the most fixed world cup of all time.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Really??????? I had no idea that the last time they hosted it was an awful shitfest.

Nice opinion, Glenn.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

serious gaylord posted:

It was the most fixed world cup of all time.

It was

Bad Moon posted:

Guess you need some American Mods to come clean it up :911:

I have a US passport bitch :troll:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Nice opinion, Glenn.

I mean, does Italy even having running water?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I mean, does Italy even having running water?

mod!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gas

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Another Italian World Cup would be ownage as hell, you could swear and smoke cigarettes and belittle women. Hell, you could probably get away with misgendering the referee.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Barbershop posted:

I lurk in this forum constantly so you can't fool me. I've seen threadfuls of racisms here in TRP and now that we are all coming out of the woodwork I want in
:lol: 'i've seen threadfuls' followed by 'coming out of the woodwork' you got me busting up over here :lol:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gigi Galli posted:

Another Italian World Cup would be ownage as hell, you could swear and smoke cigarettes and belittle women. Hell, you could probably get away with misgendering the referee.

I'd like one in Italy that i'm old enough to go to imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mexico is 2/2 in good WCs so they could hold it there and do a lot of police brutalities to clean it up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gigi Galli posted:

I would like another Italian World Cup to be novelized by Hemmingway though.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad Blatter is resigning

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

serious gaylord posted:

I'd like one in Italy that i'm old enough to go to imo.

Hell I wasn't even alive for the last one. Italy is a good country in a proper timezone. I bet they even have plenty of water. Get 32 teams on the plane.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Soylent Green posted:

Hell I wasn't even alive for the last one. Italy is a good country in a proper timezone. I bet they even have plenty of water. Get 32 teams on the plane.

They do but it's got a higher body count than Qatar.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
this thread is for doing racism and talking about water...and were in a drought bitch

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

vyelkin posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Nice, drat nice

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

especially the italians got hosed over, spanish too. what a farce that was, and maldini's lucky not to be a paraplegic after getting straight kicked in the back of the head (with no whistle)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Have the WC in Greece, every European tourist gets a free night at a reasonably priced hotel, call the whole thing even.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Goetta posted:

Have the WC in Greece, every European tourist gets a free night at a reasonably priced hotel, call the whole thing even.

I support this.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

straight up brolic posted:

someone buy blatter an account

don't, it doesn't end well. Unless feeding Lowtax's coke habit is your thing

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Joke is on us because Platini is going to win the replacement election.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

In a shocking twist the CAF is awarded zero spots for the Nuovo Italia World Cup

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So I am trying to trace the data from this past week.

1. Feds got Jack Warner. At a five star hotel in Zurich that the non-profit paid for.

2. Jack Warner rolls on Valcke with confirmation about the truth of the letter (addressed to Valcke)detailing $10 million dollars from the South African World Cup committee.

3. Valcke says he didn't have the power to authorize such a transaction, which effectively puts that at the shoes of Sepp Blatter.

Seem accurate?

And then some banking regulations from the Patriot Act were involved, which could give some credit to Osama Bin Laden for taking down Blatter?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

It'll be 2030 at the earliest when CAF's in the running again, don't get your hopes up.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Warner was not in Zurich, he has been out of FIFA/CONCACAF for some time. He was caught in T&T and then released to a hospital due to fatigue and health concerns. Later on he had a dance party where he accused America of corruption using a Onion article as proof.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Can't wait for USA 2026 to see what sick tifos the Portland Timbers army comes up with

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Koesj posted:

It'll be 2030 at the earliest when CAF's in the running again, don't get your hopes up.

you son of a bitch

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Koesj posted:

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Koesj posted:

Really knocking your posts "out of the park" (baseball term).

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I watch a lot of soccer but never post here. Sep Blatter is human excrement and I hope he gets sentenced to work on Qatari stadiums. Namaste.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The 2022 World Cup should be hosted entirely in the state of Delaware. We are already one of the shadiest tax shelters in the world, just ask Luxembourg. Beat the RICO heat at some of our fine beaches!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

troofs posted:

I don't really care about water consumption but I think I would like a world cup in a place that isn't Qatar, so I hope that happens.

e: also another USA cup would be pretty bad, so I hope that doesn't happen either

I'd like to attend a World Cup in my lifetime, but the next decade looks pretty hosed.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
2018 should stay in russia - hell, they paid their bribe money they should keep it. Plus I want to see what sort of 3-way communal toilet + elevator type contraptions they build this time.

2022 would be nice in Australia, we're bad at doing bribes but dammit we tried. Also we're great at spending shitloads of money when it comes to sport for some reason. But really it should go to the US, with Loretta Lynch reffing the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
As someone who was not fully sentient at the time, what was the problem with the '94 World Cup that makes it so America can never host it ever again