Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech A-Back Dennis Andrews has been dismissed from the team, probably for drugs. His stats don't look all that impressive, but he was a great blocker and seemed set to be a starter next year. This leaves GT, a team that rushes 80% of the time, with a grand total of one (1) running back who's touched the ball for us outside of garbage time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

I'll admit it looks better with the new upper deck, but Nebraska's Memorial Stadium is the definition of designing yourself into a corner.

Great sight lines! For about 40 people!

It looks like a wok.

Korranus posted:

American conference, stay away from me

But this is art.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When the Kibbie Dome isn't the ugliest thing in your state, Idaho, you have some ugly rear end stadiums.

You have this view and play your football indoors in something that seems more apt for Saturday barn dances.

With a beautiful interior that looks like a 1980s Denver Nuggets reject.

Clearly worried about an overflow on pres credentials.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know he topic is ugly stadiums but the Walkup Skydome is boss as hell

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

When the Kibbie Dome isn't the ugliest thing in your state, Idaho, you have some ugly rear end stadiums.

The Kibbie Dome is the most beautiful stadium in the Free World.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Alouicious posted:

Hell yeah it's boss as all hell.

They were bad when I was there, but since it was free and I lived within spitting distance my junior and senior years I went to their home games.

It is one of the largest wooden domed buildings in the world.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So when does it take off to carry all the True Believers, along with their leader Methuzalophsteron, to their new home on Blisstonia?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

Georgia Tech A-Back Dennis Andrews has been dismissed from the team, probably for drugs. His stats don't look all that impressive, but he was a great blocker and seemed set to be a starter next year. This leaves GT, a team that rushes 80% of the time, with a grand total of one (1) running back who's touched the ball for us outside of garbage time.

This is honestly why I don't buy into GT this year. Your schedule includes ND, UGA, FSU, Clemson, and VT(including because it's going to be the best D you face) and while Thomas seems poised for greatness, you have drat near nothing to support him. Eventually you're going to face defenses that shut him down or he's going to have bad games and there's not going to be anyone there to pick up the slack, which is something GT has always had when they have good seasons.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

This is honestly why I don't buy into GT this year. Your schedule includes ND, UGA, FSU, Clemson, and VT(including because it's going to be the best D you face) and while Thomas seems poised for greatness, you have drat near nothing to support him. Eventually you're going to face defenses that shut him down or he's going to have bad games and there's not going to be anyone there to pick up the slack, which is something GT has always had when they have good seasons.

in those situations GT will unleash its secret weapon... the forward pass

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

But then you look at where it's at:

That vista is :swoon:

Thermos H Christ posted:

Not really that difficult...

You serious? The Swamp is the poo poo.

It's pretty outdated, but it's nearly vertical with almost no sideline and it's insanely loud when it's cranking.

My vote for ugliest is Williams-Brice. Looks like a dead cockroach and it is quiet as gently caress.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The stadium is on Tatooine?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm pretty certain the best looking stadium is Jordan Hare

on fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SsdtPCgCYk

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Alouicious posted:

Would attend a game here.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crotch Bat posted:

That bad game will be against Tulane until turnover machine Tanner Lee ends up giving GT the game.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The funny thing is A&M's numbers are still probably historically low for us, we picked up a fair amount of bandwagoners when the Manziel years intersected with Mack's final swoon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hell yeah, Chicago's Big Ten Team rolling with its massive non-alumni fan base of people just walking around yelling Trevor Siemian and everyone being like gently caress yeah, it's Wildcat Touchdown Time gonna get some sweet tix right next to the tarp.

Every other Big Ten fansbase just yelling hey you loving walmart wildcats with your Motor City Bowl sweatshirts, I bet you didn't even have a class with Napoleon Harris.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 3, 2015

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

The bull in the ring drills have gotten all weird

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KKKLIP ART posted:

Look at those dad sandals. All that booster money and he can't even get good footware

motherfucker I know you did not just talk poo poo about the birks, much less on someone residing in Olde Austin-towne

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

My vote for ugliest is Williams-Brice. Looks like a dead cockroach and it is quiet as gently caress.

I can understand the cockroach comparison because the shape is pretty unusual, but quiet? No way.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

motherfucker I know you did not just talk poo poo about the birks, much less on someone residing in Olde Austin-towne

Heads up, this won't be a popular opinion. Because ya know loving birks man

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

I can understand the cockroach comparison because the shape is pretty unusual, but quiet? No way.

I have seen probably 10-12 really big games there over the past 20 yrs. It is quieter than it has any right being.

The only one that was remotely loud was the win v #1 Bama in 10

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I have seen probably 10-12 really big games there over the past 20 yrs. It is quieter than it has any right being.

The only one that was remotely loud was the win v #1 Bama in 10

It's never gonna get as loud as a bowl stadium because of its more open design, but man, I just can't see how it could be considered straight up quiet. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
I hate everything about Pro Player Whatever-the-gently caress-it's-actually-called-now Stadium.

Also, I'm convinced if you go back 10+ years, Miami would rival for the highest percentage of non-alum fans.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

It's never gonna get as loud as a bowl stadium because of its more open design, but man, I just can't see how it could be considered straight up quiet. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Well, it's not as quiet as a Charleston Southern game, but it isn't nearly as loud as Clemson or UF. I've seen lots of games at all three.

It's 65k+ right? Quiet for the size of the crowd.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

That's a nice sunset, shame about that loving field.

LeeMajors posted:

That vista is :swoon:

You serious? The Swamp is the poo poo.

It's pretty outdated, but it's nearly vertical with almost no sideline and it's insanely loud when it's cranking.

Is it like, physically impossible for you to accept that UF has shortcomings?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Double post, but...

Part of me wishes we'd kept our downtown campus stadium.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Williams-Brice always had this grungy dirty industrial feel to it when I was going to games as a kid, which is basically how all of Columbia feels to me. But, when we won, it was kind of a cool feeling. The opposing fans could make themselves feel better by saying how quiet the stadium is or lovely Columbia is or whatever, but their team still lost and now they get to walk past a bunch of creepy warehouses to get back to their car. It visually reminded the opposing team that we're just South Carolina, we had a no-win season a couple of decades ago, how the hell did you lose to us with your fancy stadiums and storied history and top 10 recruiting classes and all that bullshit going for you?

I have no idea what the stadium feels like now, since I haven't been to a game in years, but it certainly sounds nicer.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Well, it's not as quiet as a Charleston Southern game, but it isn't nearly as loud as Clemson or UF. I've seen lots of games at all three.

It's 65k+ right? Quiet for the size of the crowd.

But think of all the Darude Sandstorm you get to experience at Williams Brice

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Is it like, physically impossible for you to accept that UF has shortcomings?

There are plenty. The Swamp isn't one of them.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Williams Brice is terrifying. Not because of the noise, or the crowd... But because you can feel the entire upperdeck swaying due to it sitting on lovely concrete pillars.

Clemson pre-expansion:

Post-expansion:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Williams Brice is terrifying. Not because of the noise, or the crowd... But because you can feel the entire upperdeck swaying due to it sitting on lovely concrete pillars.

Yeah, that too. Feels like it is made of popsicle sticks during sandstorm.

I guess I'm not really being fair to W-B. It's fairly loud objectively--but like it doesn't compare to most SEC venues and the speakers end up adding a lot to it (Sandstorm). And the PA guy really has to get the crowd up during defensive downs and stuff. It's bizarre because UF, UGA and Clemson are not like that at all and are pretty loud all the time (DIAA games excepted).

Scarf posted:

Clemson pre-expansion:

Post-expansion:

I haven't been since they closed in the W endzone, but I hear it's even louder now. I've seen some great football there--awesome venue. I need to go back soon, hopefully this fall.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

There are plenty. The Swamp isn't one of them.

You always get really defensive when anyone mentions that the Swamp and your facilities are dumps. Despite that being well known.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, that too. Feels like it is made of popsicle sticks during sandstorm.

I guess I'm not really being fair to W-B. It's fairly loud objectively--but like it doesn't compare to most SEC venues and the speakers end up adding a lot to it (Sandstorm). And the PA guy really has to get the crowd up during defensive downs and stuff. It's bizarre because UF, UGA and Clemson are not like that at all and are pretty loud all the time (DIAA games excepted).
Admittedly I have a bit of a soft spot for WB. I grew up a gamecock fan and my first memories of football are of going to games there, tailgating in the old farmer's market, walking up the spiral ramps (and dreaming of riding my skateboard down them), etc.

But looking back, yeah, not a great venue. But in all fairness I haven't been there for a game since the 63-17 game.

quote:

I haven't been since they closed in the W endzone, but I hear it's even louder now. I've seen some great football there--awesome venue. I need to go back soon, hopefully this fall.

Not sure how many games I'm making it to this year, but I'm going to try my damnedest to make it to the Notre Dame game on Oct 3. And it sounds like most everyone is. So I'd highly recommend planning a trip for that. The UGA and FSU games in 2013 were the most crowded I've ever seen Clemson... I expect the ND game to blow those out of the water.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You always get really defensive when anyone mentions that the Swamp and your facilities are dumps. Despite that being well known.

You're an idiot.

Our practice facilities were kind of lovely but that's getting resolved soon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:shrug:

BHG is a really nice, huge and loud stadium with a great gameday experience. I'm a spectator not a reporter. I don't give a poo poo if the pressbox is nice or not.

Legion Field is a 'dump.' The Swamp is not.

Scarf posted:

Admittedly I have a bit of a soft spot for WB. I grew up a gamecock fan and my first memories of football are of going to games there, tailgating in the old farmer's market, walking up the spiral ramps (and dreaming of riding my skateboard down them), etc.

But looking back, yeah, not a great venue. But in all fairness I haven't been there for a game since the 63-17 game.

The tailgate scene around the stadium is pretty good, in spite of my supportive ex-girlfriends repeatedly being called "GATOR WHORE" on the way in by drunk pastel-wearing douchebags.

I've never hated my experience there--just always surprised how quickly the crowd is taken out of the game. I guess years of crushing defeat will do that though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

vyst posted:

You're an idiot.

Our practice facilities were kind of lovely but that's getting resolved soon.

you're an idiot! everything you said was true but it makes me mad!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

don't know why it double posted

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TipTow posted:

OU's stadium has always been a moderate embarrassment to me. Asymmetrical with open corners in the south endzone, and a parking garage for the west facade:

OU's stadium looks like the "U" in the OU logo.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Greyson Lambert is a Bulldog.

I miss Hutson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Double post, but...

Part of me wishes we'd kept our downtown campus stadium.

That is a pretty sweet stadium. Looks like mostly earthen berm? Always loved berm stadiums. Great location too.

I'm guessing they moved it because it was land-locked by other historic buildings and they would not be able to expand ever?

• Locked thread