Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Testekill posted:

I want to slap the poo poo out of whoever decided that you can't turn off chain grappling in mycareer mode. The only thing more infuriating then that is the kickout system since that doesn't seem to work quite right.

The chain grappling doesn't bother me too much, but maybe that's cause I'm playing a heel who starts off every match by tossing his opponent outside and brawling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the deal with these funny-looking cards in the SuperCard catalogue? Thick frame with a starfield background, and they show up from Ultra tier onward. Another fusion-esque gimmick? Or just new cards available for drawing?

I want a Bob Backlund really bad.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Minidust posted:

What's the deal with these funny-looking cards in the SuperCard catalogue? Thick frame with a starfield background, and they show up from Ultra tier onward. Another fusion-esque gimmick? Or just new cards available for drawing?

I want a Bob Backlund really bad.

I think they're cards in buy-only packs, not available to pull

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

I think they're cards in buy-only packs, not available to pull

Really? I somehow missed that announcement, and I play this every day. Weird.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Really? I somehow missed that announcement, and I play this every day. Weird.

I don't think there was an announcement; they just showed up in the store one day. Which is pretty weird, since you'd think they'd heavily promote pay-only stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Immortals has Cyborg Brock for the challenge again. One requires Paige to be on your team, but it doesn't register Evolved Paige. Nice work.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Because it's really Nattie!!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I believe they're doing some kind of Twitter vote to decide which event gets run this weekend, PCC or RTG.

I hope it's PCC, because I'm moving on Friday.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

DoctorDelaware posted:

I believe they're doing some kind of Twitter vote to decide which event gets run this weekend, PCC or RTG.

I hope it's PCC, because I'm moving on Friday.

Same, I'm gonna be out all weekend

The throwback stuff looks cool in a beat to poo poo old trading card way, but the prices are insane and there's no way to get it other than buying so it might as well not exist - there's no good reason to buy unless you want to spend 1500 credits on a vanity champion avatar, as the chances of getting a pair are laughable. I don't like that they seem to be better than regular cards up to WM tier as its straight up pay 2 win, but luckily the prices are so high that noone is trying it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I don't even see the option to buy them anywhere. Do you just have to buy a pack in that tier and hope you get lucky?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's funny how stingy they are with the currency in Supercard. I don't think I've played a F2P game that only gives out currency when they gently caress up something.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Minidust posted:

I don't even see the option to buy them anywhere. Do you just have to buy a pack in that tier and hope you get lucky?

Seems throwback packs were limited time and are no longer in the store, another weird mystery of their monetisation strategy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Seems throwback packs were limited time and are no longer in the store, another weird mystery of their monetisation strategy.

Business-wise it's actually a great idea to put out limited edition timed packs, that way you get people whaling hard trying to get the cards they want before they "go away forever" or whatever. It's a pretty standard move.

But I don't remember seeing a single popup or anything about them, so that's just about the worst implementation you could do.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Looks like RtG won. Luckily for me, Neville is 'just' a right arrow. can't figure out the theme of this one.

E: damnit they made him a down arrow, now it's marginally more annoying

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 26, 2015

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Looks like RtG won. Luckily for me, Neville is 'just' a right arrow. can't figure out the theme of this one.

E: damnit they made him a down arrow, now it's marginally more annoying

I can't puzzle out the theme either. I'm happy that Barrett is the standard WM card, because I got him off a board pull a while back, so I'll have my first WM pro.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

triplexpac posted:

Business-wise it's actually a great idea to put out limited edition timed packs, that way you get people whaling hard trying to get the cards they want before they "go away forever" or whatever. It's a pretty standard move.

But I don't remember seeing a single popup or anything about them, so that's just about the worst implementation you could do.

They tweeted about it :effort:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Testekill posted:

I want to slap the poo poo out of whoever decided that you can't turn off chain grappling in mycareer mode. The only thing more infuriating then that is the kickout system since that doesn't seem to work quite right.
can't you though? in the sliders there's an option to turn down chain grappling length and it specifically says that if you put it at 0 it disables chain wrestling

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

cams posted:

can't you though? in the sliders there's an option to turn down chain grappling length and it specifically says that if you put it at 0 it disables chain wrestling

MyCareer ignores that. Because

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Thats no where near as obnoxious as MyCareer ignoring my reversal indicator settings. Which you can turn off, mid match... every single match.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
My Career ignoring camera cut & hud settings is the most obnoxious. Every single match, got to bring the options up and switch them. It just screams "we only did the most basic level of bug testing". The lack of effort is palpable.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

ZDar Fan posted:

I can't puzzle out the theme either. I'm happy that Barrett is the standard WM card, because I got him off a board pull a while back, so I'll have my first WM pro.

I'm annoyed at Bo Dallas being the Survivor, because I don't want the two I already have.

The closest I can figure is that NXT is the theme--Barrett, Fandango, and O'Neil were on the "competition" version; Dallas, Neville, and Harper were part of the "proper wrestling show" version; Kidd and Cesaro had high-profile stints down there. Not quite sure where RVD and Cena fit in...but I think Rob had a match, and maybe Cena's presence is due to his feud with Owens. Or something.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

cams posted:

Nope. You can't turn it off in mycareer because clearly I don't realise how good and fun it is.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Testekill posted:

Nope. You can't turn it off in mycareer because clearly I don't realise how good and fun it is.

Just trade it in and get like four games off the $3 rack at Gamestop.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

so modded no mercy is still better than modded wwe 2k15?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Jim Cornette just became the head booker of WWF in my TEW 99 game. I hope this means he is going to turn it into a modern day Smokey Mountain

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wow so after all this time I just realized that you only get the daily log in rewards in Supercard if you actually click on the cards.

I had mine maxed out for ages just sitting there wasting time :smith:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Wow so after all this time I just realized that you only get the daily log in rewards in Supercard if you actually click on the cards.

I had mine maxed out for ages just sitting there wasting time :smith:

Ha, I had the same realization only when I got to Bryan last month and didn't notice him in my collection, since I didn't care about the others.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

WWE 2k15 patch on steam now!

Game Updated ALL DLC IS NOW AVAILABLE
Major Updates:
The following DLC is now available for WWE 2K15:
WCW Character Pack
NXT Arrival Character Pack
New Moves Pack
Accelerator
Showcase: One More Match
Showcase: Hall of Pain
Showcase: Path of the Warrior
Increased the number of save slots from 25 to 50

Performance:
Increased performance on minimum specs machines
Fixed Vsync issues with chain wrestling

Controls:
Fixed some issues when unplugging or plugging in a controller after the title is boot
Fixed a discrepancy between keys binding for taunt actions in Input Settings and Move Set menu
Online:
Fixed soft crash issues when loading leaderboards
Fixed a multiplayer desync issue related to breaking out of a pin
Addressed some issues with bringing up the on-screen keyboard while in the Online lobby
Tweaked submission timing between mininum and high specs machines
General:
In-game manual should now be visible when selecting manual from the Options menu
Fixed stability on the Wrestlemania 12 and 29 arenas
Fixed mask & glasses & hair textures

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

cams posted:

Increased performance on minimum specs machines

I really hope it means they made it work with DX10, other wise I'll still have to play on my lovely loving work laptop... :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Yeah I'm hoping they magically made the game not run like poo poo, guess I'll test it out later!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cams posted:

New Moves Pack

Boma Ye :dance:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Yessss, I can dress Macho Mandow in proper Macho King attire to go with Axelmania!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

are there mods yet that allow for custom theme music/trons/arena modification

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

minoru suzuki posted:

are there mods yet that allow for custom theme music/trons/arena modification

Yes, but at least for now they have to replace existing assets and some require third-party tools to install.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
In news regarding Immortals, Stephanie McMahon is out and a new Big Show, whose a monk. Dean Ambrose is said to be also included but I didn't see him in the store so I assume he's gonna be the new challenge character.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

GenericMartini posted:

In news regarding Immortals, Stephanie McMahon is out and a new Big Show, whose a monk. Dean Ambrose is said to be also included but I didn't see him in the store so I assume he's gonna be the new challenge character.

Dammit. What's a good way to farm up challenge tokens?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ShootaBoy posted:

Dammit. What's a good way to farm up challenge tokens?

I replay battle 22 over and over again. If you can beat higher battles than that consistently, then do that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is the Accelerator DLC in today's 2k15 patch just on by default, or do I turn it on somewhere?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Should just be on. Check and see if you can change stats in Universe mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Is there a good replacement pack out for WWE 2k15 assets yet or do I have to download a few thousand things to get it up to what's happening last year?