Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Gotta say the Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim LP by the Time Warriors just gets better and better. They've even gotten the guy who voices the royal advisor in on a few of the videos. Basically a fantasy RTS where you don't control your units. You just plop down "quests" and try to get your dumbass heroes to do missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Gotta say the Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim LP by the Time Warriors just gets better and better. They've even gotten the guy who voices the royal advisor in on a few of the videos. Basically a fantasy RTS where you don't control your units. You just plop down "quests" and try to get your dumbass heroes to do missions.

You make money by adventurers buying swords and stuff from you (and they get their money from killing monsters) and the closest you can do to control who they target is to put a bounty on something. It's a nice reverse-RPG where you're every NPC instead of the hero.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

You need to be watching this Super Mario World LP. Ground floor here, people.

This is... I don't know what the gently caress it is, but it's beautiful.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
You should check out Fiendly's LP of The Punisher. It's really good, Fiendly shows some skill in the game and with the interrogations, there's videos of the uncensored interrogations, and he has Kaboom Dragoon along, who's talking about Punisher history and lore like he's a Punisherologist.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Speaking of Didja Redo, has he started anything since Avalon Code? I caught that as it was ongoing, read his past work, and yearn for more.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
IIRC he was doing a parody LP of Fire Emblem but I have no idea what happened to it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i haven't seem him post in well over a year

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

EDIT: nevermind

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 29, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Any good LP's of Max Payne 1 or 2? Especially something humorous?

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Skwirl posted:

Any good LP's of Max Payne 1 or 2? Especially something humorous?

Baldurk did both and they're really good!

http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/30 - Max Payne
http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/53 - Max Payne 2

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

I'm biased and people were just talking about it on the last page but I don't care. Please watch the new GOD HAND videos by mkob:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720944

He is very informative and skillful.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Are there any LPs where the LPer heroically dies at the end? I'm talking about like Bruce Willis in Armageddon or those two pilots from Prometheus.

imagine an LPer is LPing Sonic Adventure 2 during a gigantic flood or something, he is so close to finishing the let's play as his house floods with water. He slowly says goodbye to his co-commentators as he and shadow the hedgehog heroically meet their ends together

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Putty posted:

Are there any LPs where the LPer heroically dies at the end? I'm talking about like Bruce Willis in Armageddon or those two pilots from Prometheus.

imagine an LPer is LPing Sonic Adventure 2 during a gigantic flood or something, he is so close to finishing the let's play as his house floods with water. He slowly says goodbye to his co-commentators as he and shadow the hedgehog heroically meet their ends together

Doug Walker's LP of Bart's Nightmare.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Putty posted:

Yeah so, I think probably the most prolific and well-liked LPer of our time, Pins, recently passed away during his Flywrench thread. There were some really shady circumstances, and I think it's basically common knowledge he died due to an LP feud with another LPer. In the later videos you actually hear him being captive and his interaction with his killer. Definitely a must watch if that's what you're looking for.

RIP

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3694079&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

edit: And I think there was some video somewhere in the thread of some guy eating 10 bux:10bux: which considering how dirty money is probably killed him also if you're just looking for snuff stuff

I810BUX fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 31, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Putty posted:

Nope, there are not. All LP'ers live forever.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Doug Walker's LP of Bart's Nightmare.

That video was a night mare!!!!!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Niggurath posted:

Nope, there are not. All LP'ers live forever.

You either go out LPing a hero or live long enough to see yourself become DeceasedCrab.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Putty posted:

I'm going to commit a tragic LP suicide after I do my LP of Spec-Ops The Line so I guess you have that to look forward to.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'm pretty sure only computers tragically die after LPs.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

OneDeadman posted:

I'm pretty sure only computers tragically die after LPs.

I find that computers more tragically die during LPs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheMcD posted:

I find that computers more tragically die during LPs.
It's true, several LPers' computers died during my Pokemon LP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Funniest (off-site) LP I've watched today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSktFSnr2mM

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Blind Sally posted:

Funniest (off-site) LP I've watched today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSktFSnr2mM
This guy's videos are absolutely mesmerising. I very highly recommend his Pacifist GTA series.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Blind Sally posted:

nine gear sally i know you are my friend and i often take your reccomendations for granted but why should I watch this video as opposed to these other three in the related vidz:

i have touch choices to make

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That bottom one has a girl in the thumbnail so you know it's good

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CJacobs posted:

That bottom one has a girl in the thumbnail so you know it's good
It's obvious from the channel title that her cat is the one playing.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Mr Phillby posted:

This guy's videos are absolutely mesmerising. I very highly recommend his Pacifist GTA series.

HOLY poo poo you were not kidding. These are great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDRKbYNjRic

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i actually played the circle game and got eaten by a giant doge orb

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kjetting posted:

The last minute of the final video is truly the best part. This guy's great.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
I've been really enjoying CannibalK9's LP of The Talos Principle and am just about through with it so I came here hoping you guys might be able to point me toward something similar. I enjoyed it because it's fairly slow paced and Cannibal really takes time to talk through the various points the game raises while showing off all the easter eggs and various puzzle solutions.

I just like the dry humor and the 'thinking' quality of the LP material I guess, that and he keeps the videos full of fairly interesting voice commentary without ever really sounding boring or repetitive.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Watch all of Geop's history based AC LPs and also Bobbin Threadbare's Deys Ex LP, as well as his ongoing Bioshock Infinite LP. They all handle important historical and sociopolitical points, plus they are good games to watch, and have that same dry humor

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If you are even vaguely interested in game design and Dark Souls, I suggest you check out Extra Credits' take on them, because these people really know their stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0F-1dMBEGY

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

kjetting posted:

this is pretty good

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you are even vaguely interested in game design and Dark Souls, I suggest you check out Extra Credits' take on them, because these people really know their stuff:

isn't this the guy that said the pathing bugs for monsters was an intentional part of the game's difficulty

no thanks

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Putty posted:

isn't this the guy that said the pathing bugs for monsters was an intentional part of the game's difficulty

no thanks

They're stupid and I hate them

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Putty posted:

Actually it was intentional. There is a prebeta version of dark souls 1 with 100% proper pathing. The play testers actually asked for some of the fixes to be turned off, especially in blight town, because it took certain positioning for the enemies to kill them selves. Sorry, My google-fu is a bit off tonight so I don't have a link to the interview that where the lead programer said that right now.

Edit: I am not saying that it is smart of fromsoft I am just saying what I remember reading of interviews reposted on SA threads.

Major_JF fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 5, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
no proof ok, I watched that dude's Hatred video and now I'm convinced his goal is to miss the point of videogames by not playing them

skyrim has horrible lovely pathing on every difficulty

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

paradoxGentleman posted:

I second this! This is a very good series so far!

For those familiar with Extra Credits, you can think of this as a Design Club episode expanded into a Lets Play with Dan playing and being mostly unfamiliar with the game, while James commentates and makes most of the discussion.

For those unfamiliar with Extra Credits, this is an informative Lets Play where a commentator is focused on examining the design elements of Dark Souls, but the player is (relatively) new to the series.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 6, 2015

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
I'm gonna recommend Darth Numbers' Tales of Innocence LP. The game is underappreciated by never getting a non-Japanese release but through the powers of fan translation projects was made playable for those of us who can't into moonspeak. It's sad, because it's a really interesting take on the Tales series, story-wise, with a story taking loads of concepts from Vedism/Brahmanism/Hinduism and applying them in a somewhat intriguing manner. The game needs more attention, especially from people more versed in the underlying religious concepts than me. If you like stories about reincarnation, the game's probably up your alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Can anyone recommend a nice relaxing FTL LP? I watched Psychedelic Eyeball's stream and it was super calming watching him play the game and I want to experience more of that.