Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Joementum posted:

Drudge posting shirtless O'Malley status: still funny.

O'Malley needs to make his campaign gimmick re-enacting as many Putin photos as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

comes along bort posted:

Well yeah because Hillary's inauguration will have already happened like a week or two prior.

:thejoke:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feather posted:

It's pure fantasy that Hillary's rhetoric is any indication of future intent. Lots of very gullible or very stupid democrats all put their Hillary-tinted glasses on hoping or believing otherwise. The partisans know it's bullshit but are too invested in Party Uber Alles to give a poo poo. It's worth noting that the sets of partisan, gullible and stupid democrats have an intersection that is not the empty set.

All the talk about the Overton Window is partially correct, but it didn't seem to last long after Obama was sworn in, so I'm not sure it would take hold this time, either.

Hillary doesn't have to play nice or give gifts to her opponents, she can play hard and mean. I give it 6 months before someone sends Reince Preibus a gift of Ted Cruz's favorite toy.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

The young minority ideologue vs crusty old white Senator.

Hey, do you remember the last time the Republicans tried to field a young minority ideologue thinking it would work as well for them as it did for the left with Obama?

You betcha!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Joementum posted:

Drudge posting shirtless O'Malley status: still funny.

The guy just happens to enjoy using pictures of fit men that show how fit they are. Clearly Matt Drudge is just a fitness-focused kinda guy. :colbert:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So who else here is hopping on the Bernie Bus? I figure this thread is mostly just here to make fun of the clownshoes GOP field but just wondering!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Go Sanders go!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Philip Rivers posted:

So who else here is hopping on the Bernie Bus? I figure this thread is mostly just here to make fun of the clownshoes GOP field but just wondering!

You fool! You know not what you have done.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh gently caress yeah there's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTvs7HhGJgc

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Philip Rivers posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

From ages ago, but:

FAUXTON posted:

That would be an amazing ticket just for the speechifyin' because if there's anyone I think would give Luther a run for his money it's Granholm.

(She's the one who went on stage at the DNC like she'd snorted a rail of coke and dropped three jagerbombs immediately prior and started yelling about how the GOP are all shitters, right?)

Only downside: Jennifer Granholm is Canadian. :eng99:

I'd love to see her on the Supreme Court, though.

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
Bobby Jindal is announcing on June 24.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

site posted:

Seriously, that looks really weird.

The rule for buttons goes: Sometimes, Always, Never
He buttoned the sometimes and left the always hanging. :argh:That's why it's the always!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

More White Noise posted:

They're gonna need a bigger primary.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

The rule for buttons goes: Sometimes, Always, Never
He buttoned the sometimes and left the always hanging. :argh:That's why it's the always!

Louis XIV has been dead for 400 years, I think we can go back to using the last button without fear of offending the fat Sun King.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

sullat posted:

Louis XIV has been dead for 400 years, I think we can go back to using the last button without fear of offending the fat Sun King.

Suit jackets aren't designed for that button to be buttoned.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

More White Noise posted:

There is no way he actually thinks he can run right? He literally ran Louisiana into a sinkhole.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ramadu posted:

There is no way he actually thinks he can run right? He literally ran Louisiana into a sinkhole.

Do you mean in the primary or in the general? The actual effects of his governing don't matter much in the primary as long as the actions he took can't be characterized as liberal. In the general his lovely record would hurt him some though.

The real reason he won't matter in the primary is that he looks and talks like a dweeb

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

This is getting huge play in The Lamestream Media today, especially with networks contrasting it with Caitlyn Jenner's story.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So what is general consensus in this thread on who will be the GOP nominee (granted a lot could happen prior to nomination)

I believe it will be Jeb Bush as nominee

He's got the best chance on paper, with a titanic war chest. But once the rubber hits the road on his campaign, it won't take long for bloodthirsty primary voters to see him for the phony he is.

I don't know who will be the eventual nominee, but my prediction (don't Toxx me, but I'm predicting it nonetheless) is that Ted Cruz will win the Iowa caucus.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Good Citizen posted:

Do you mean in the primary or in the general? The actual effects of his governing don't matter much in the primary as long as the actions he took can't be characterized as liberal. In the general his lovely record would hurt him some though.

The real reason he won't matter in the primary is that he looks and talks like a dweeb

I count 4 people in the primary, announced or not, who DON'T talk like dweebs. And I'm including Trump in that.

The field is presently a who's who of people who rightly got mocked at school every day for being an obnoxious dork and swore they'd make them pay, they'd make them all pay. Every single time I see Walker, this is all I hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnrFkUMWnHc

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

He's got the best chance on paper, with a titanic war chest. But once the rubber hits the road on his campaign, it won't take long for bloodthirsty primary voters to see him for the phony he is.

I still have to wonder how long he can continue spewing retarded poo poo every time he talks and still have the support of backers. It seems they picked him as the serious candidate for serious businessmen without roadtesting him at all, and I wonder if anyone will change their minds on him and realise they took the Bush out of Florida, but there's still a lot of Florida in that Bush.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

The guy just happens to enjoy using pictures of fit men that show how fit they are. Clearly Matt Drudge is just a fitness-focused kinda guy. :colbert:

Wait what are you trying to imply that Drudge is some kind of out of shape person or something?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Iowa Snow King posted:

Wait what are you trying to imply that Drudge is some kind of out of shape person or something?

I'd say he's egg-shaped.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

sullat posted:

I would love to see pols getting sartorially ambitious. You'd need to re-cut the jacket entirely to make a single-breasted work while buttoning three.

Relatedly, who do you think could best rock a Nehru jacket?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fulchrum posted:

I still have to wonder how long he can continue spewing retarded poo poo every time he talks and still have the support of backers. It seems they picked him as the serious candidate for serious businessmen without roadtesting him at all, and I wonder if anyone will change their minds on him and realise they took the Bush out of Florida, but there's still a lot of Florida in that Bush.

It doesn't matter. Romney was just as bad if not worse at retail campaigning, but having the real money people in your corner is all that matters.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chantilly Say posted:

I would love to see pols getting sartorially ambitious. You'd need to re-cut the jacket entirely to make a single-breasted work while buttoning three.

O'M of course. He's got experience with unusual/anachronistic jackets.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chantilly Say posted:

Obama.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

The field is presently a who's who of people who rightly got mocked at school every day for being an obnoxious dork and swore they'd make them pay, they'd make them all pay. Every single time I see Walker, this is all I hear.

But we put up a documented bully last time and you gave us poo poo for that too. There's no pleasing you guys!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TheDisreputableDog posted:

But we put up a documented bully last time and you gave us poo poo for that too. There's no pleasing you guys!

Yeah, because you and your whole party are pieces of poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The only thing I can imagine him saying at this moment is "I've got my big boy suit on."

You don't have to understand fashion, but you should have people who do who look you over before you go on stage to give a thumbs up.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 3, 2015

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

messagemode1 posted:

This is getting huge play in The Lamestream Media today, especially with networks contrasting it with Caitlyn Jenner's story.

I can't believe people think that this is some sort of slam dunk against Huckabee. I don't like him anymore than the next person, but this whole thing is a huge disconnect between the MSM and regular people. I would be shocked if a significant number of Americans gave a poo poo about what Bruce Jenner is doing.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It is boxy, does not flatter the body nor fit him, the color becomes duller because he's wearing it with a blue shirt and red tie, and overall looks like he's wearing some kind of raincoat-blazer hybrid. Not only that the bottom two buttons are left open when normally you only leave the bottommost one.

Dude can't dress himself for poo poo. This is basic suit-wearing 101.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Rich politicians should probably hire staffers who know how to check on clothing but listening to populists who argue to help the poor get super pissy about fashion sense and tailored suits is such a loving bore. I'm glad my job has a manual and uniforms so I don't have to worry about not looking trendy enough.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mlmp08 posted:

Rich politicians should probably hire staffers who know how to check on clothing but listening to populists who argue to help the poor get super pissy about fashion sense and tailored suits is such a loving bore. I'm glad my job has a manual and uniforms so I don't have to worry about not looking trendy enough.

You don't have to be Tim Gunn to know that suit looks loving ridiculous.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

I will acknowledge that the photo of Walker in particular looks funny. As did space admiral Bachmann.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Chantilly Say posted:

Obama, Jindal, and O'Malley are really the only ones with a chance. Though either Trump or Huck would be hilarious.

mlmp08 posted:

I will acknowledge that the photo of Walker in particular looks funny. As did space admiral Bachmann.

The Space Admiral look was fashionably sound though. Not a good idea and optically silly, but it wasn't a crime against fashion.

2016 Presidential Primary: Fashion Chat

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

It's not really the suit...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Move aside, Scott Walker.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mlmp08 posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if anything Walker wears is tailored, and it obviously doesn't need to be because dressing well is not his job. The basic rules of professional dress, though, act as a filter, a sort of warning system: if he can't remember which buttons to fasten on a jacket, what else can't he remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RevKrule posted:

The only thing I can imagine him saying at this moment is "I've got my big boy suit on."

You don't have to understand fashion, but you should have people who do who look you over before you go on stage to give a thumbs up.

Somehow I think it may be hard for the party thats rabidly anti-gay to attract people who understand mens fashion.

• Locked thread