Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Soooo...there really is no way to get rid of those numbers? =(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
:lol: someone on the offical forums are so angry about the XP glitch that:

quote:

Well...it's done. Sold the game for 48$ on Ebay. Now just waiting on the strategy guide to sell.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Greenplastic posted:

It's a pretty big glitch. I haven't gotten any quest completion XP in about 10 hours of questing in Novigrad (story and secondary quests). I can't help but feel I'm falling behind. Hopefully the patch hits soon.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tirranek posted:

Soooo...there really is no way to get rid of those numbers? =(

You mean the ones that pop up when you hit an enemy? That's the only HUD thing you can't disable. I'd expect there to be a mod for it though.

sauer kraut posted:

Heh why is there a lvl 6/7 area in the very bottom right corner of Velen? (Nifgaar Army Camp)
You need to go through some crazy poo poo to get there, too. The area levels are all over the map, literally :smith:

I tried to do some lvl 10 side thing with restoring shrines and there is a village full of angry skull tier mobs in the way.
You need a guide in front of you to play this 'right'

"Oh you wanna restore the last shrine for that level 10 quest? Well ride past this level 25 Griffin and this village full of level 25 ghouls then!"

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I was in the same situation and I just lied to Radovid and kept it for myself. I thought it was rather obvious that I could do something with it later, even if Triss wasn't available at the moment.

Can you do anything with the crystal after doing that? I tried talking to Yen in Skellinge after her djinn quest about the crystal and the figurine you find in the hidden museum , but I didn't have any options for it.

sauer kraut posted:

Heh why is there a lvl 6/7 area in the very bottom right corner of Velen? (Nifgaar Army Camp)
You need to go through some crazy poo poo to get there, too. The area levels are all over the map, literally :smith:

I tried to do some lvl 10 side thing with restoring shrines and there is a village full of angry skull tier mobs in the way.
You need a guide in front of you to play this 'right'

Just run through or around the difficult enemies. I didn't have any problems restoring the shrines at that lvl.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Chickpea Roar posted:

Can you do anything with the crystal after doing that? I tried talking to Yen in Skellinge after her djinn quest about the crystal and the figurine you find in the hidden museum , but I didn't have any options for it.

After? Don't think so. During the quest you can talk to Yen or Triss about it and they'll tell you what you already know from exploring the ruins. The option probably goes away once the quest is complete.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I've decided to replay Witcher 1 and 2 with trying to actually finish 1 - after wrangling with the bugs I think it's running more or less stable now and hair seems to be under control but the color scheme is just so depressing with seemingly no bright colors at all... Are there any texture mods that improve on that?
Also, for Witcher 2, there's a mod that replaces the roll animation with a pirouette, anyone familiar with it and whether it changes anything or is it a purely cosmetic change? It's not super important, but I'd prefer the pirouette.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Great I triggered some grey lvl 7 contract while looking for upgrade schematics and I think I have the XP AIDS now.
Don't touch or click anything the game doesn't tell you to. Oh and riding through ^^ that lvl 25 gently caress you village also triggers a contract if you havent visited the lvl 25 shantytown questboard yet. Which one is it? Who knows.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Greenplastic posted:

What? He doesn't seem angry at all. He sold a product he wasn't happy with and got a pretty decent price too. :confused:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Levantine posted:

It's a pretty big glitch. I haven't gotten any quest completion XP in about 10 hours of questing in Novigrad (story and secondary quests). I can't help but feel I'm falling behind. Hopefully the patch hits soon.

One thing you can try though is to go to Vivaldi's bank in Novigrad, take a loan of 100cr and pay it back immediately. You'll lose 30cr in the process, but gain 13exp (each time by the way, so if you're close to a level up and money is not an issue, you can get a couple of xp quickly this way).

Supposedly this may or may not get you out of the xp glitch (until you finish the next low level quest that triggers it).

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fewd posted:

What? He doesn't seem angry at all. He sold a product he wasn't happy with and got a pretty decent price too. :confused:

Listen man if he can't act smug and superior over this calm dude who sold a video game then what else does he have in life

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

mcbexx posted:

One thing you can try though is to go to Vivaldi's bank in Novigrad, take a loan of 100cr and pay it back immediately. You'll lose 30cr in the process, but gain 13exp (each time by the way, so if you're close to a level up and money is not an issue, you can get a couple of xp quickly this way).

Supposedly this may or may not get you out of the xp glitch (until you finish the next low level quest that triggers it).

Honestly I'll just use Cheat Engine or something if it gets to the point of being underpowered. Supposedly the patch is today so it's not critical though. I do Axii/Pay people off in dialogs as much as possible so it's not like I'm getting zero exp across the board.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Palladium posted:

This may be a minority view but between spending $60 to try out the combat and gameplay to enjoy the story versus watching a sample of the gameplay and all the story cutscenes for free I don't think I missing a lot with the latter because IMO the star of the Witcher series isn't the gameplay but the storytelling.

I don't think it's a minority view. Story, atmosphere and characters in this game are incredible. The fact that such a bad combat system isn't a deal breaker in any way is a testament to how stellar everything else is.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Wouldn't it be way faster to find some monsters above your level and kill them? Or does the bug affect monster XP as well?

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
During last(?) part of the quest "Count Sigi Reuven's Treasure", is there really no alternative way to infiltrate the Witch Hunter oupost? I keep putting it off because it feels really lovely for Triss to risk her life like that :(

Burns
May 10, 2008

It seems that the DLCs are no longer listed on my Witcher 3 gog account. Do I now have to install GoG Galaxy to be able to get them??

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Magical Zero posted:

During last(?) part of the quest "Count Sigi Reuven's Treasure", is there really no alternative way to infiltrate the Witch Hunter oupost? I keep putting it off because it feels really lovely for Triss to risk her life like that :(

If you don't want to risk her at all, you can just murder everyone as soon as you get in and then she's not in risk, but I don't believe there's a plan outside that one.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Magical Zero posted:

It's her idea. Why not trust her?

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

Levantine posted:

Looks like not today:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/45118-CDPR-trust-poll-do-you-believe-we-ll-have-the-patch-today?p=1742151#post1742151

Or this week

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Burns posted:

It seems that the DLCs are no longer listed on my Witcher 3 gog account. Do I now have to install GoG Galaxy to be able to get them??

They're still listed on gog.com for me, so that can't be the reason.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man, I wasn't ready for the scene where you give Uma The Trial of the Grasses. And apparently neither were the Witchers. I think it's a really great touch that none of the Witchers want anyone to go through that ever again.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Chickpea Roar posted:

I'm not actually that far yet, and I hope it comes up later, but the option of giving it to Radovid and his rear end in a top hat witch hunters without knowing what it contains seemed like a bad idea anyway. Sure Philippa is a baddie, but gently caress Radovid and his racist anti-magic Eternal Fire bullshit.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

Broken Cog posted:

It's her idea. Why not trust her?
Because it feels wrong to let your friend risk torture/rape/death in a risky rescue mission before at least evaluating every possible alternative.

Aurain posted:

If you don't want to risk her at all, you can just murder everyone as soon as you get in and then she's not in risk, but I don't believe there's a plan outside that one.
Guess I'll just do it that way then, it's not like they didn't have it coming. Thanks.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Fewd posted:

Well, if I remember his posts correctly, he stopped playing after hearing about the bug, without even testing to see if he was affected, and basically sold it on principle based on how long they were taking to patch it. I might have confused usernames. I don't know.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 3, 2015

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haha, pimped out heavy attack kills a lvl 24 griffin in 3 hits when jacked up on some potions and using the proper oil (and I wasn't even wearing Ursine gear).

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

Great I triggered some grey lvl 7 contract while looking for upgrade schematics and I think I have the XP AIDS now.
Don't touch or click anything the game doesn't tell you to. Oh and riding through ^^ that lvl 25 gently caress you village also triggers a contract if you havent visited the lvl 25 shantytown questboard yet. Which one is it? Who knows.

If you stumble across contracts before you read the message board for them, you can just pursue the investigation right away. Once you figure what the monster is, the quest will update with Geralt wondering if perhaps there is a reward for the monster he found, and point you to the right notice board. At least it did for The White Lady, although her being a noonwraith meant I needed a thing, so perhaps that one is special.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There ain't no party like a Skellige party, because a Skellige party don't stop UNTIL 3 loving BEARS BURST INTO THE MEAD HALL HOLY WOLF BALLS

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Why aren't Drowners dropping Drowner brains. Seems like that'd be the place to get them.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Dan Didio posted:

Why aren't Drowners dropping Drowner brains. Seems like that'd be the place to get them.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. This is true with most monster part loot.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Ummm they do? Drowner brains and Drowner tongues are the most common drop from Drowners in Velen (the Pontar river banks are a good place to look). Sounds like you just hit a streak of bad RNG luck.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

GhostBoy posted:

If you stumble across contracts before you read the message board for them, you can just pursue the investigation right away. Once you figure what the monster is, the quest will update with Geralt wondering if perhaps there is a reward for the monster he found, and point you to the right notice board. At least it did for The White Lady, although her being a noonwraith meant I needed a thing, so perhaps that one is special.

That happened to me with the WO Griffin. The entire part with trying to find the monster nest didn't happen (and got marked as failed :negative:) because I already found it while exploring. Same for getting buckthorn.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

GhostBoy posted:

Ummm they do? Drowner brains and Drowner tongues are the most common drop from Drowners in Velen (the Pontar river banks are a good place to look). Sounds like you just hit a streak of bad RNG luck.

I've killed like twenty. Kind of lame.

It's also cool that they made a game with a protagonist with a severe motor-neuron disease. CD really knocks it out of the park with making sure the game controls like the protagonist moves.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fewd posted:

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Listen man if he can't act smug and superior over this calm dude who sold a video game then what else does he have in life

Being soiled on the entire game because of a glitch that is already set to be patched out to the point where you're bragging online about selling it is stupid and unreasonable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm at the part where I have to recruit allies to fight the Wild Hunt before going to Skellige to find Ciri. Except there appears to be no indication of where these allies are? There's no map markers showing them in any of the zones. Is there some way in game to find out where these allies are? I also imagine Triss is out of the picture forever for this too?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what I forgot about? The downgrade stuff. Is anyone still claiming this to be the case?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Macaluso posted:

I'm at the part where I have to recruit allies to fight the Wild Hunt before going to Skellige to find Ciri. Except there appears to be no indication of where these allies are? There's no map markers showing them in any of the zones. Is there some way in game to find out where these allies are? I also imagine Triss is out of the picture forever for this too?

Don't you have 3 quests named "Brothers in Arms:", one for every area?
No, she'll be back in picture soon.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kawabata posted:

I don't think it's a minority view. Story, atmosphere and characters in this game are incredible. The fact that such a bad combat system isn't a deal breaker in any way is a testament to how stellar everything else is.

What's bad about the combat system though?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I bought formulas for enhanced Moon Dust and Northern Wind and I can't actually make them, they're not in my alchemy list. The druid ripped me off.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

What's bad about the combat system though?

Too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have no strong feelings about the combat system one way or another. But I always play games on easier difficulties because I'm not interested in trying to prove myself to no one in particular. Besides, throwing a bomb that turns into 6 other bombs into a crowd and watching the chunks go flying is too satisfying to stop.