Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

bronin posted:

Gott trägt Lederhosen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW6P_crgp8M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Death to Bavaria - Tod allen Bayern

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Oh hey one more of the Neonazis who tried to storm the Dortmund city hall last year and decked a leftist Vaterlandsverräterin might get charged due to better video surfacing after all :toot:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Wow, someone must have hidden it from the police

k stone
Aug 30, 2009
Als Amerikaner, der ein ganzes Jahr in Bayern gewohnt hat, war der Bemerkenswerteste der völlige Mangel an Selbsterkenntnis

e: and I say this as an American

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
I don't get why "violently attempting to storm city hall" doesn't by itself fall under some sort of charge.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

k stone posted:

Als Amerikaner, der ein ganzes Jahr in Bayern gewohnt hat, war der Bemerkenswerteste der völlige Mangel an Selbsterkenntnis

Der Schwabing-Kruger-Effekt

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

blowfish posted:

I don't get why "violently attempting to storm city hall" doesn't by itself fall under some sort of charge.

Only counts if it's a Bierhall.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
In case someone has forgotten about this/never seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqqQ_cSUTCY

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
jesus christ

eidt in a similar vein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVQ4vIlYUk

niethan fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 30, 2015

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

http://www.zeit.de/2015/20/gleichberechtigung-politik-aussehen-schoenheit

Am I dreaming or does this article make literally no sense? :psyduck: Also "Rassismus gegen attraktive Politikerinnen", wtf

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

System Metternich posted:

Am I dreaming or does this article make literally no sense? :psyduck: Also "Rassismus gegen attraktive Politikerinnen", wtf

You're not dreaming. It's stunningly incoherent to the point that I want to believe that someone somewhere made a bet that they could get this published.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
My girlfriend is Geisteswissenschaftlerin, she claims because of that she understands it completely.

I worry.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Simply Simon posted:

My girlfriend is Geisteswissenschaftlerin, she claims because of that she understands it completely.

I worry.

Durchtrenne

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

I worry.

I'm too, and I kinda get what it's trying to say, but it still reads more like “forgot to take my meds“ than anything else to me. And I still don't see how looking at a woman's legs is racist :v:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I guess I get the basic point because there has been a surprisingly loud tenor along the lines of "FDP only made its recent gains because they put up pretty female candidates and sex sells :smug:" but goddamn that is one incoherent article.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm too, and I kinda get what it's trying to say, but it still reads more like “forgot to take my meds“ than anything else to me. And I still don't see how looking at a woman's legs is racist :v:

I agree that it's a mess and should not have been published, but it's not THAT bad. I had to look it up, but apparently Duden has a broader definition of "Rassismus"

quote:

Ras­sis­mus, der

Bedeutung 2: dem Rassismus entsprechende Einstellung, Denk- und Handlungsweise gegenüber Menschen bzw. Bevölkerungsgruppen mit bestimmten biologischen Merkmalen

so you could squeeze discrimination against woman in there if you tried really, really hard.

Also, stuff like "Ist das jetzt also das Erfolgsrezept? Dass man junge, erfolgreiche Frauen nach vorne stellt?" could be, maybe, interpreted as an accusation that parties put eye-candy woman into leadership position to get some novelty votes ... or something? Dude was probably just sleep deprived and/or drunk.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

selbe

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Of all people it's the prime minister of the Saarland who warns against "marriage between close relatives". :chloe:

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2015-06/homo-ehe-kramp-karrenbauer

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Honj Steak posted:

Of all people it's the prime minister of the Saarland who warns against "marriage between close relatives". :chloe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40wF_sh5YaI

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Honj Steak posted:

Well the Eifel doesn't have one of its own!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

quote:

"Der Bundesrat bittet die Bundesregierung, die verfassungswidrige Diskriminierung eingetragener Lebenspartnerschaften zu beenden", heißt es in dem Antrag. "Dies umfasst die Öffnung der Ehe und die Schaffung eines vollen gemeinschaftlichen Adoptionsrechts für gleichgeschlechtliche Paare."

From one of the linked articles. I have to admit it takes some balls to call the "Ehe" being limited to one man and one woman part of "verfassungswidrige Diskriminierung" when "die Verschiedengeschlechtlichkeit der Ehe" has long been accepted as a necessary structural element of the constitutional term "Ehe". Really hope they somehow manage to get the majority to make a change to the BGB allowing same-sex partners to "marry"-marry and then get slapped down by Karlsruhe. :allears:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Randler posted:

Durchtrenne
Wir genossen

Randler posted:

From one of the linked articles. I have to admit it takes some balls to call the "Ehe" being limited to one man and one woman part of "verfassungswidrige Diskriminierung" when "die Verschiedengeschlechtlichkeit der Ehe" has long been accepted as a necessary structural element of the constitutional term "Ehe". Really hope they somehow manage to get the majority to make a change to the BGB allowing same-sex partners to "marry"-marry and then get slapped down by Karlsruhe. :allears:
This, however, is why I can't imagine you joking about being insufferable.

In what way but "the letter of the law" is that in any way necessary?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Simply Simon posted:

Wir genossen

This, however, is why I can't imagine you joking about being insufferable.

In what way but "the letter of the law" is that in any way necessary?

I dislike politicians who try to hide between false pretenses like "Sachzwänge", "Alternativlos" or "Verfassungswidrige Diskriminierung". They should man up and say that they want to change constitution. It's not like it's some magical document that is immune to change. This isn't America after all.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's always the lovely parts of Christianity people love clinging to. How about the pretty central message of gently caress the rich and help the poor?

CDU and CSU are pretty much the least Christian German parties if you think about it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
^^e: Remember, Jesus was basically a communist.

Randler posted:

There is no need to change the constitution since there is no paragraph that limits marriage to one man and one woman. Opposite-sex marriages are afforded special protections according to the Verfassungsgericht, but considering that it's actually the Verfassungsgericht itself that has been the main driver to equalize Eingetragene Lebenspartnerschaften with marriage, I find it very unlikely that they would hold same-sex marriage unconstitutional.

On the other hand, you may be right that limiting marriage to opposite-sex couples isn't actually unconstitutional.

It's still a bad policy, and actually hoping for same-sex marriage to be passed only to be declared unconstitutional is pretty scummy.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Torrannor posted:

There is no need to change the constitution since there is no paragraph that limits marriage to one man and one woman.

Majority consensus regarding Art. 6 GG is that it does exactly that.

Edit:

- 1 BvL 10/05 - posted:

Bei der Ausformung der Ehe muss er [der Gesetzgeber] die wesentlichen Strukturprinzipien beachten, die sich aus der Anknüpfung des Art. 6 Abs. 1 GG, der die Ehe unter besonderen Schutz der staatlichen Ordnung stellt, an die vorgefundene Lebensform in Verbindung mit dem Freiheitscharakter des verbürgten Grundrechts und anderen Verfassungsnormen ergeben (vgl. BVerfGE 31, 58 <69>; 105, 313 <345>). Zum Gehalt der Ehe, wie er sich ungeachtet des gesellschaftlichen Wandels und der damit einhergehenden Änderungen ihrer rechtlichen Gestaltung bewahrt und durch das Grundgesetz seine Prägung bekommen hat, gehört, dass sie die Vereinigung eines Mannes mit einer Frau zu einer auf Dauer angelegten Lebensgemeinschaft ist, begründet auf freiem Entschluss unter Mitwirkung des Staates (vgl. BVerfGE 10, 59 <66>; 29, 166 <176>; 62, 323 <330>; 105, 313 <345>).

Randler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 3, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

What about this decision I found on Wikipedia?

quote:

Das Bundesverfassungsgericht hat in seiner Entscheidung vom 19. Februar 2013 geurteilt, dass eingetragene Lebenspartner, die mit dem leiblichen oder angenommenen Kind eines Lebenspartners in sozial-familiärer Gemeinschaft leben, eine durch Artikel 6 Abs. 1 GG geschützte Familie im Sinne des Grundgesetzes bilden.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

What about this decision I found on Wikipedia?

Familie <> Ehe

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Randler posted:

It's not clear at all that the Verfassungsgericht will actually hold same-sex marriage unconstitutional when it comes that far. It's not as if it is unable to discard it's own previous decisions. You also left out bits that were a bit more ambiguous.

And independent of everything else, hoping for the BVGG to take away same-sex marriages is still a lovely thing to do.

Of course, all this would be moot if the fuckers from the Union could actually join the 21st century and accept that same-sex marriage is a good and necessary addition to Ehge und Familie in Germany.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Torrannor posted:

You also left out bits that were a bit more ambiguous.

Which bits do you consider ambiguous?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Edit:

So if I understand this correctly the state must offer special protection for traditional marriages, but is there something in the gg to keep it from offering the same deal to untraditional marriages also?

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
No, there isn't. There is also no prohibition calling it marriage as well. That form of marriage wouldn't have the protection of Art. 6 and could theoreticaly be changed, abolished and what have you, but thats it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
bavaria.txt:
http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/2015-06/bayerisches-fernsehen-ramadan-logo-protest

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

gently caress Bavaria and Bavarians.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I don't know, they chafe a lot.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Ein Zuschauer kommentierte: "Wir leben in DEUTSCHLAND oder besser gesagt in BAYERN .... zefix noamoi."

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Der feiste bajuwarische Landesverräter ist ein vaterlandloser Gesell, der von Fastenzeiten in einen tierischen Zorn versetzt wird.

Hier in Preußen gibt es so ein Geschmeiß zum Glück nicht.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

gently caress you too