Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
championship is now a noun :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
loving died at dave's smurf line

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do we know for certain whether Kevin Owens is NOT a hologram?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dsriggs posted:

That is a trademarked name!

oh god what was that from again

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ICHIBAHN posted:

oh god what was that from again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojsAuls038

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yes! thanks

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I vaguely remember it, but what was the joke about Mark Henry carrying everyone to good matches in 2006? Dave & Bryan were getting all snarky about it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I vaguely remember it, but what was the joke about Mark Henry carrying everyone to good matches in 2006? Dave & Bryan were getting all snarky about it

He was getting a lot of hype in places like DVDVR in 2006 because he took some leaps forward as a worker and the opinion kinda caught on. I assume that's what they're referring to. I personally think he's still sorta limited as the elimination chamber proved, but he has improved a great deal from his time in the NOD.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Henry is at his best when he's talking hot mess and looking scary as gently caress.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bryan's obsession with win-loss records is gonna get on my nerves really soon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wins and losses matter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

epitasis posted:

wins and losses matter

WHAT IS THIS. WHAT IS THIS.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
In WWE, a win probably won't help, but a loss usually hurts.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Bryan is so annoying he made me pee straight up into the air.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

watch evolve Bryan

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

ICHIBAHN posted:

The funniest part is that I'm pretty sure he's given Barrett the same Win/Loss record since he started his rant about it.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Muddy Burphy posted:

The funniest part is that I'm pretty sure he's given Barrett the same Win/Loss record since he started his rant about it.

3-8, 3-8, 3-8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Harley Race on WOL and Figure Four Daily is a tough slog to listen to, but in a kind of amusing way. Harley answers questions succinctly and doesn't elaborate at all, so Bryan throws out a long question (that branches off into more questions) and then Harley responds with something like,"Yes, that was good," and then there's a couple seconds dead air before Bryan moves on to the next question.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasn't there an infamous Ole Anderson interview that was like that

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

Harley Race on WOL and Figure Four Daily is a tough slog to listen to, but in a kind of amusing way. Harley answers questions succinctly and doesn't elaborate at all, so Bryan throws out a long question (that branches off into more questions) and then Harley responds with something like,"Yes, that was good," and then there's a couple seconds dead air before Bryan moves on to the next question.

If you don't want to talk why do an interview??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

If you don't want to talk why do an interview??

He wasn't being standoffish or gruff or anything, he just seemed to be one of those guys who gets asked a question and gives a short and simple answer and is content to leave it at that. I'd say the onus was really on Bryan to push him to expand or draw him out further, but he seemed happy to just move on to the next question on his list instead.

As to why he did the interview, it was purely to advertise his training camp, I don't think he was really itching to do much else, but by the end of the Figure Four Daily interview he seemed to be warming up, especially when they asked him about the guys he looked up while growing up, and that's when the interview pretty much ended. Honestly I'm a little surprised that Dave wasn't on the show, I'd have thought he would have loved to talk Harley's ear off.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was getting a lot of hype in places like DVDVR in 2006 because he took some leaps forward as a worker and the opinion kinda caught on. I assume that's what they're referring to. I personally think he's still sorta limited as the elimination chamber proved, but he has improved a great deal from his time in the NOD.

I think they also made fun of the propensity of those communities to really hate Kurt Angle's style.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a bit on the latest B&V Show where the Raw recap goes so far off the rails that Vinny just offhand quips,"Is Wade still hiring?" :xd:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
When Craig is on they do go off the rails quite often.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

edit: eh nvm

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 3, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah this B&V&C is if not at then very close to peak 40 year old men acting like schoolkids. Also Bryan took the Network whining to a point where even I wanted to punch him in the face. There was a burial of Babinsack though.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 3, 2015

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

njsykora posted:

Yeah this B&V&C is if not at then very close to peak 40 year old men acting like schoolkids. Also Bryan took the Network whining to a point where even I wanted to punch him in the face. There was a burial of Babinsack though.

Tell me of the Babby burial!

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
When's the next time WOL is accepting call ins, I'm want to tell him no one cares about the network being free or not

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

duyarvish posted:

When's the next time WOL is accepting call ins, I'm want to tell him no one cares about the network being free or not

do a Baba Booey call and start talking about whatever is on topic then randomly say "Chris Benoit Killed His Family"

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
For all of Austin's complaints about the DDT, I was watching Hollywood Blondes vs. Flair and Arn last night from Clash 23 and the move is used as a transition where even though Austin takes the DDT, he still beats Arn in the hot tag race to their respective partners. Cracked me up.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

njsykora posted:

You didn't like that drop after the Raw review?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh hahaha the Voices of Wrestling takedown of TNA (the second one, I guess) is amazing.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Tell me of the Babby burial!

Bryan was complaining about Triple H bringing out Bad News Barrett to take out Reigns even though he loses all the time. Bryan said it would be like if he was so mad at Vinny that he brought in Joe Babinsack to fill his position as writer.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
"Is Wade still hiring?" is the line of the century

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
My voice is too shot to call in right now so I sent Bryan a really strongly worded email asking him to shut up about the network being free. If he gives me a response i'll post here

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Bryan please don't ever threaten me with the prospect of hearing Craig talk about Caitlyn Jenner again, tyia

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hey both songs they played on b&v were made by my friend :)

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Bryan please don't ever threaten me with the prospect of hearing Craig talk about Caitlyn Jenner again, tyia

yeah i really don't need to know just how bigoted craig is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really, really enjoyed the Jim Ross/Bret Hart interview, I feel his shows have been a hell of a lot better recently.

Absolute highlight of the interview was (paraphrased):

Bret Hart: Teddy Hart is killing professional wrestling!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 3, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Yeah, that was a major "PULL UP! ABORT ABORT!" moment. Thankfully they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

I really, really enjoyed the Jim Ross/Bret Hart interview, I feel his shows have been a hell of a lot better recently.

Absolute highlight of the interview was (paraphrased):

Bret Hart: Teddy Hart is killing professional wrestling!

I also really enjoyed it. Bret is way off base in comparing Neville to Dynamite though. The steroid game has changed way too much since the 80s so it is like those two are from different worlds.

• Locked thread