Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

If Liverpool get Walcott and money for Sterling they will be getting the better deal imo

It would have to be a considerable amount of money. Walcott is decent but is six years older and is pretty injury prone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ewar Woowar posted:

It would have to be a considerable amount of money. Walcott is decent but is six years older and is pretty injury prone.

Walcott is 26, in his prime, and is basically the best case scenario for future Sterling. Get him out of Arsenal's diseased homopathic physio room and the injuries will clear up.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ewar Woowar posted:

On the flip side, Walcott is 'proven' while Sterling just has 'potential'

Blue Star Error posted:

Walcott is 26, in his prime, and is basically the best case scenario for future Sterling. Get him out of Arsenal's diseased homopathic physio room and the injuries will clear up.

Basically this

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

He'll be a great pick up if we can manage it. I'm surprised none of the bigger teams are in for him given that he's free, English, versatile as gently caress, actually good, and isn't a complete gently caress up.

City supporters, I'm guessing he was offered another deal on good money right? He wants to leave because he wants to play more games and play in central midfield?

Lacazette won't sign for us. Champions League clubs will surely be in for him and Lyon are usually pretty difficult to buy from. Big Benteke might be an option, although United and Chelsea are probably going to want another striker and Benteke probably fits the profile.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has pretty much said for months it won't happen. Lyon only gives bargains when they're trying to reduce wages and that doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Milner is the most overrated player here since Joe Cole and Chris Samba

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

He's heavily reliant on his pace and that's only going to diminish with age and injuries. In saying that I would be happy to have Walcott as I think he's a good player but I'd rather that was independent of any Sterling deal. Ideal scenario would be selling him to an overseas club or to City (who have the resources to offer more than Arsenal and are going to be a lot harder to replace in the top four too due to spending power).

Are Norwich going to be spending much? They obviously have a bit of money and they were pretty ambitious last time around.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ewar Woowar posted:

Are Norwich going to be spending much? They obviously have a bit of money and they were pretty ambitious last time around.

Haven' t the foggiest. We churn through more chief scouts than managers, I'm not even sure Neil has had the chance to appoint his yet so we might just be going off his knowledge of Scotland.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

He's heavily reliant on his pace and that's only going to diminish with age and injuries.

We said the same thing about Robben... Walcott should move to Bayern and let their doctors work their magic.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Didn't that doctor quit

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
At Bayern the individual players are free to visit whichever doctor they like. Müller-Wohlfahrt, Ferrari, Fuentes, it's all good.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

knowledge of Scotland.

Oh dear

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Rafa Benitez is now the actual manager of Real Madrid.

https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/606007618394562561

He has been given a three year contract but he will still be fired next summer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leon Britton has had a cry in the local papers and said he's open to any offers.

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004

MrBling posted:

Rafa Benitez is now the actual manager of Real Madrid.

https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/606007618394562561

He has been given a three year contract but he will still be fired next summer.

Next Summer? My bet is on October.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Milner was great when they let him unleash the flair at Villa and Newcastle, looking forward to him doing the same again at a similar level club

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
If AS are to be believed, Pirlo is leaving Juve for NYCFC after the CL final.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

trem_two posted:

If AS are to be believed, Pirlo is leaving Juve for NYCFC after the CL final.

What is the obsession with MLS teams buying 35+ year old players?

Maybe you'll get a year out of him, but is it really worth it considering the wages these players get. I mean gently caress, Lampard is 36 himself and now Drogba is going there

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Maybe you'll get a year out of him, but is it really worth it considering the wages these players get. I mean gently caress, Lampard is 36 himself and now Drogba is going there

They'll still be better than all the other garbage MLS players tbf.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

it sells tix

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
No way he goes to MLS if he wants to play in the Euros next year. He's still good enough, but I don't know if he was planning on it.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Maybe Jozy will finally get the service he deserves

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Maybe Jozy will finally get the service he deserves

He does in Maccas

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

euroboy posted:

Milner is the most overrated player here since Joe Cole and Chris Samba

Big Chris Samba was good. the only thing keeping arsenal from winning a title in recent times has been the lack of a big strong black motherf*cker in their defense. brap was right

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Lacazette is the most overrated player in the past 10 years

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Yeah, It's really weird how retiring players tend to be older than the ones who still play professionally.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lacazette is the most overrated player in the past 10 years

Lacazette is the player I wish I'd been - Paul Scholes

Strawman fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 3, 2015

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

MLS can't compete for big name players which draw people in to fill up seats so signing them when they're past it but can still demolish MLS is what they do

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I haven't watched Serie A at all but I'm sure Pirlo's skillset means he literally doesn't need to run to do his thing. No reason why he should head to retirementland so soon.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Lol a 39 year old was this seasons top scorer in Italy and your wondering why the MLS buys players who are old?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lmao Rafa wants to sign Sterling

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lol a 39 year old was this seasons top scorer in Italy and your wondering why the MLS buys players who are old?

Yes, old top players do well in poo poo leagues with low median talent levels, this is not surprising.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

It's good because it was both Toni and Icardi, a 39 and 22 year old.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Parody Threads posted:

Yes, old top players do well in poo poo leagues with low median talent levels, this is not surprising.
Yes in the most defensive league on earth

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Luca Toni rules

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vegetable posted:

Lmao Rafa wants to sign Sterling

Bale for Sterling + Cash.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Yes in the most defensive league on earth

actually

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/1024-goals--serie-a-was-the-highest-scoring-league-in-europe-this-season-090941358.html

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

I think he's referring to the league's fans tbf

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Parody Threads posted:

the hits just keep on coming

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Parody Threads posted:

lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
And some of those goals weren't even paid for by the mafia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Oh, so Serie A is the most offensive league then.

• Locked thread