Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

nelson posted:

I thought Oliver was Mr. Happy at the end of the season.

I think some people here just want to be miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Drifter posted:

With only the crazy codependent chick in a relationship with a pretty emotionally abusive guy.

So... Two and a Half Men.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... Two and a Half Men.

but no attempt at humor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drifter posted:

but no attempt at humor.

So... Two and a Half Men

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's Two and a Half Mens all the way down

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly nothing good came out of season 3. Sara's still dead (for now anyway), he's lost his friendship in Diggle, he lost Roy, his sister is pretty much traumatized after being murdered, and he can no longer be the Arrow.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
And he only got laid once, right? Like, seriously, Oli, what the hell happened to your game?

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I'm pretty sure that they said now that we've seen how a light hearted comic-book show can do (flash), that Arrow would take a turn for the less grim-dark in S4

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Drifter posted:

With only the crazy codependent chick in a relationship with a pretty emotionally abusive guy.

Amell didn't get the part in 50 Shades though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jscolon2.0 posted:

Amell didn't get the part in 50 Shades though.

He turned it down publicly, when all the slippery pussy housewives were making 50 shades memes on his facebook page.

“Was on a flight yesterday evening back to LA with no movie, so I grabbed 50 Shades of Grey and burned through it, Ummm… I hope they get the movie made, and I’m sure someone will be excellent in it. That person will not be me.”

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 3, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
edit: ^^^ - :laugh:

Are you guys joking or was he actually in the running for that? That's pretty funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was in the Tumblr fan casting running. He never auditioned or anything.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Oh, a tumblr thing. okay.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Drifter posted:

Oh, a tumblr thing. okay.

theinternet.txt

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

They're making a Joker Harley Quinn show ?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

They're making a Joker Harley Quinn show ?

No, a movie.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Only just got around to finishing this season. It was... fine.

I think that on the whole it was underwhelming but with some bright spots. Convoluted though it is I like the Malcolm arc, but there was a feeling that maybe the writers just wanted to get through that last run of episodes.

Lance suddenly drinks again now? Way to just throw that in there randomly. I would've preferred it if he has the bottle but it's unopened. At least Laurel can give pretty much the same speech and it doesn't seem so lazy.

And poor Felicity. She's doing what she can with these lines, but they've just accentuated the worst parts of that character. I can't take any more big emotional speeches. In isolation it's fine, but half this season that's all she's done.

All in all though it feels like a bit of a reboot. There's a finality to some of that last episode, even with some lingering threads for when they come back.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

Given what they where paying for the part, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at him and he turned it down.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Am I the only person on this website that thinks that the Van Dyke is the stupidest part of the Green Arrow? Like I enjoy that he's quippy and liberal and fun in the comics, but the Van Dyke and the Robin Hood hat are literally the worst things in the world. I'm just so confused about how everyone in this thread can think the show can be redeemed solely by having Stephen Amell having the stupidest facial hair. The stubble he has is perfect as is.

That being said, I do hope, like Guggenheim sort of alluded to, that Season 4 is much more light-hearted and fun. I started rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 after the Season 3 finale and they were just so much better. The fight scenes were actually sometimes phenomenal, dynamic, and exciting, and the CW-romance stuff wasn't absolutely terrible. Just get charismatic characters that I want to watch. I never ever thought this show would reach a point where Laurel is great and Felicity should be written off, but here we are. I don't think the show is doomed like some people here, more like it was just a bump in the road. They'll overcome it, and I have high hopes for season 4. My only worry is that with the introduction of Legends of Tomorrow, somehow the budget is going to be even lessened to the point where the whole show takes place solely in the Arrow Cave because they can't afford anything else.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Laurel was great because she had a decent arc and basically none of it had anything to do with boyfriends, but with kicking the bad guys butts instead and entering into that whole world of superheroing.

Meanwhile, Felicity basically just cried a lot and bemoaned her relationship with two dudes

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sir Potato posted:

Am I the only person on this website that thinks that the Van Dyke is the stupidest part of the Green Arrow? Like I enjoy that he's quippy and liberal and fun in the comics, but the Van Dyke and the Robin Hood hat are literally the worst things in the world. I'm just so confused about how everyone in this thread can think the show can be redeemed solely by having Stephen Amell having the stupidest facial hair. The stubble he has is perfect as is.

I'm with you. People in this thread calling for that ridiculous facial hair in a reasonably-serious show baffles me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

mcswizzle posted:

I'm pretty sure that they said now that we've seen how a light hearted comic-book show can do (flash), that Arrow would take a turn for the less grim-dark in S4

I sure hope so, that would be awesome.

Halloween Jack posted:

I just finished Season 2. Does Laurel die this season? Please say yes.

By the end of Season 3 Laurel and Digg will be the only characters you don't want to beat to death with your bare hands. Enjoy!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Don't think I saw it mentioned here yet, but Lexi Alexander (who directed Punisher: War Zone) said on twitter that she's going to be directing an Arrow episode next season. Eagerly awaiting Oliver hanging upside down from a spinning chandelier firing nonstop arrows at people.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Am I the only person on this website that thinks that the Van Dyke is the stupidest part of the Green Arrow?

:catstare:

I mean he actually HAD the beard in the very first episode when they found him on the island, and I thought he looked alright.

But still :dogbutton:

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

Chokes McGee posted:

:catstare:

I mean he actually HAD the beard in the very first episode when they found him on the island, and I thought he looked alright.

But still :dogbutton:

This does not look good. Sorry. I don't know, I don't care whether or not Arrow is a "reasonably-serious show" or not. The facial hair is dumb and honestly just makes him look like Cary Elwes. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it just over-emphasizes the Robin Hood aspect to unnecessary levels.

Edit: How long has dogbutton been a smilie? Because that's a great smilie.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Sir Potato posted:

This does not look good. Sorry. I don't know, I don't care whether or not Arrow is a "reasonably-serious show" or not. The facial hair is dumb and honestly just makes him look like Cary Elwes. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it just over-emphasizes the Robin Hood aspect to unnecessary levels.

Edit: How long has dogbutton been a smilie? Because that's a great smilie.

He would definitely look better in a fedora and a Dali moustache.

And a pet ocelot for good measure.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Frankly everybody looks better with a Dali mustache and a pet ocelot. It's a scientific fact...:science:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Soothing Vapors posted:

I sure hope so, that would be awesome.

By the end of Season 3 Laurel and Digg will be the only characters you don't want to beat to death with your bare hands. Enjoy!

Uh, Thea :colbert:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
They should just do a quick throw-away reference where Olli comes back from vacation w/ Whineypants McNumberPuncher where he's all tanned up and sporting the most classic of Ollie-beards whereupon the rest of the characters take one look at it and be all "hell naw" and he shaves it off in the first act.

Much like how they did the boxing glove arrow gag.

They really need to just stop with all the fake hair and beards and flashback within a flashback poo poo as of next season. Just. Stop.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
I'm actually quite curious how they're going to bring Ollie back to the island for the fifth season and not make it seem shoehorned in.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fair

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sir Potato posted:

I'm actually quite curious how they're going to bring Ollie back to the island for the fifth season and not make it seem shoehorned in.

Doesn't he have to go to Russia now or something to be the leader of the russian gangs, or did that already happen?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I certainly don't want to harm Thea but she was smack dab right in the epicenter of a ton of plot/characterization clusterfucks this season.

A statement that I'm about to say with my own actual words: I still don't actually dislike Felicity and am rooting for her to be great again.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sir Potato posted:

In 2011 Oliver Queen was send to prison by an ARGUS court for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Lian Yu underground. Today, still wanted by various government agencies he survives as a bow wielding vigilante. If Star City has a problem, if no one else can help, and if he can pull himself away from relationship drama, maybe you can be saved by... The Arrow.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Duke Chin posted:

They really need to just stop with all the fake hair and beards and flashback within a flashback poo poo as of next season. Just. Stop.

If they keep up the flashbacks much longer it's literally going to be repeats of season 1.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They're not stopping until end of season 5, so I guess we should stop whining.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Scyantific posted:

They're not stopping until end of season 5, so I guess we should stop whining.

OR...and hear me out here...we don't stop 'til they stop.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's absolutely our right and duty to complain about the quality of the flashbacks, but it's pointless to demand that the show outright stop the flashbacks before season five is over. They're part of the show. They're going to happen. The most we can hope for is for them to recover from the cringeworthy state they've degraded into this year.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
There was a time they could've stopped doing the flashbacks and that was this last season. Once the fight of Slade ended, they could've just had Ollie go back to the island and just be stuck there, but they didn't. While season 3 flashbacks didn't grab me as much as 2, I didn't particularly mind them. There's no going back, though. There's gonna be more flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

BrianWilly posted:

It's absolutely our right and duty to complain about the quality of the flashbacks, but it's pointless to demand that the show outright stop the flashbacks before season five is over.

:colbert: I disagree, I want to see flashbacks in season six, too. That'd cut their filming schedule in half, too, since they can just reuse footage from season one!

• Locked thread