Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 2, 2015

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

How does it feel to be a
           QUITTER?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that was a Rip Haywire reference.

I still want a real Dick Tracy/Rip Haywire crossover, drat it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Note the default here is "Not ready yet." This whole thing is Mary and Adam browbeating this poor woman into giving in and marrying him.

I bet you Mary's going to convince her to sever, and then convince him not to kill himself and others. I'm expecting big things from this arc.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Right after she's done tightening up those rose nuts.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

"Let's do this!" (Takes off shoes and socks).

:what:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

God drat it Phantom writers I know whatsisname the young kid is gonna be terrible somehow but come the gently caress on this is all perfectly legal according to Guran's own rules. Nobody is plotting secret poison murder or anything or their dad would be off skull-punching. Kids need to stop with this White Man's Burden train of thought they're on.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (June 4, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (August 21-23, 1952)

I could've sworn I had a morning post, but it looks like it got eaten.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 3, 2015

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke is actually taking reader suggestions now?!?

Hey Brooke! Burn your thesaurus and pick up a book on drawing humans AND READ IT!

Let's see if it improves next week.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Geek Nerd & Sport Man

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Huh. It's a thing, but apparently not much of a thing due to the limited number of Google hits. Mastrophobia.

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

Yum. Mouse sandwich.

9 Chickweed Lane 6/3/2004

That's a pretty horribly disfigured rabbit, there, Brooke. Stick to cats.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

So now you're dissing your own species?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul De Sacexplores the truth behind the worlds.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 3-4, 1928)

Peanuts (June 11-12, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 11-12, 1927)

This should've been the clue that yesterday's post didn't go up as planned. A tragedy of this scale would've had comments.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is not innovative.

Working Daze shows off a character trait.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix plays with your expectations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix plays with your expectations.

I vaguely recall a Farside comic with this exact premise, although possibly it was a UFO full of palm trees instead of a cruise ship.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You know, I didn't remember until you mentioned it, but you're right.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Larryb posted:

Seriously, the early version of Charlie Brown is almost a completely different character than the modern interpretation of him, a few other characters like Lucy are different as well (albeit to a slightly lesser extent), and Snoopy looks and behaves like a regular dog. Why exactly did Schultz eventually decide to change all that?

Maybe it's Homer Syndrome all over again. Snoopy became popular, Snoopy became the focal point of the comic, the comic went from "charming slice of life about kids" to "Snoopy [DOES THINGS DOGS NORMALLY DON'T DO], looks at reader, makes dated pop-culture reference, Charlie Brown says 'Oh brother'"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes gets gritty.

Ripley's

Apparently the cat has hit 85 decibels, so Ripley's is behind on the times.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's fifteen miles Calvin, take your meds.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

greatn posted:

I've never understood why this particular type of question is considered so difficult. I mean, it's always this question on TV shows where maths is just so gosh darned hard, pops.

They drive towards each other at a combined speed of 90mph for 10 minutes. Past that, it's fractions and baby maths.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

Wait, I thought Smokey was noted for her purr, not her meow :catstare:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've never understood why this particular type of question is considered so difficult. I mean, it's always this question on TV shows where maths is just so gosh darned hard, pops.

They drive towards each other at a combined speed of 90mph for 10 minutes. Past that, it's fractions and baby maths.

Calvin's a kid who thinks bats are giant bugs. You don't have to be Isaac Newton to solve his equation.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

Ripley's always reminds me of those area man articles that the Onion does.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Calvin is like 6 years old, I think he'd be ahead of the curve if he could add/subtract multi-digit numbers and rote memorize his times tables.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

WHAT THE gently caress DO THESE WORDS MEAN, WHAT IS FRACTION

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pooch Café

At the end of the week, all the speech bubbles can be put together to form a pictogram.

Ballard Street

No, not the pulley store!

I guess everything has a cost.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

No, not the pulley store!

I guess everything has a cost.

They just couldn't compete with the big Pulleys 'N' Things that opened on Route 106.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Is this the last Ballard Street, or am I misreading it?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
It doesn't say "out of business," just "closed." Knowing the people of Ballard street, they're clearly just sold out.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

This joke isn't too bad, but it would have been better if Piraro had gotten the distance right (93 million miles, not 193).

EDIT: Also, if we take the 6th magnitude as the naked eye visibility limit, as is the convention, the most distant star one can see is actually about 15,000 light years away (V762 Cas), rather than a few hundred. Also, also, in a place that's reasonably free of light pollution, you can see the Andromeda Galaxy with the naked eye which is about 2.5 million light years away. I feel like he could have done some better research for this joke :colbert:.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 3, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Third Murderer posted:

It doesn't say "out of business," just "closed." Knowing the people of Ballard street, they're clearly just sold out.
Yeah, and there's clearly a pulley in the window. Why would you close down a pulley store without first selling all your pulleys to the captive market that is Ballard Street dogs?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

ShadeofBlue posted:

This joke isn't too bad, but it would have been better if Piraro had gotten the distance right (93 million miles, not 193).

EDIT: Also, if we take the 6th magnitude as the naked eye visibility limit, as is the convention, the most distant star one can see is actually about 15,000 light years away (V762 Cas), rather than a few hundred. Also, also, in a place that's reasonably free of light pollution, you can see the Andromeda Galaxy with the naked eye which is about 2.5 million light years away. I feel like he could have done some better research for this joke :colbert:.

And the fact that his weather symbols are completely hosed?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

EasyEW posted:

Calvin's a kid who thinks bats are giant bugs. You don't have to be Isaac Newton to solve his equation.

Calvin's smart, just, he doesn't apply it to school stuff because he doesn't like school. See all the strips about dinosaurs or the other things he does. His dad even asks him how he can know so much about dinosaurs and yet do so poorly in school, with the answer being something like, "They don't teach us about dinosaurs in school."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Dude, Phantom's a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Peanuts: Year Two (August 24, 1952)

• Locked thread