Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Don't be an rear end. I was referring to things like:

Tryzzub posted:

hello burger thread, i am also a big fan of burging and i made some for my wife and i tonight:

Four burgs, Two People.

iajanus posted:

Late night McDelivery is always delicious

Two burgs, one eater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Wow it's sad watching people pretend to cook for their 'family' here :(

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
its true all the burgers were actually for me :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

When you burg at home then of course you make 2 for a person, it feels like a waste of work otherwise. It's kind of a thing. You end up eating 1.5 though or you eat both and feel like you could die.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

rj54x posted:

Many of the burgers in this thread are indeed awesome, but what's up with all the people having two full-size burgers AND fries as a serving for a single person?

Burg in moderation, goons.

- man vs food
- do you even lift
- i am a fat bastard
- etc.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Tryzzub up there has 4 burgers for himself and his wife along with a big bowl of chips

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"What thread would be the best to point out excessive eating? Hmm, I know, the burger thread, loving genius."

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nooner posted:

drat, that sounds really good. How much miso paste?

I maybe did a tablespoon in a little more than a pound of meat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ultimate Mango posted:

I maybe did a tablespoon in a little more than a pound of meat.

That sounds awesome.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Norns posted:

That sounds awesome.

I'm gonna do it again tonight, too.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Palpek posted:

"What thread would be the best to point out excessive eating? Hmm, I know, the burger thread, loving genius."

Actually he is absolutely correct, you need to step back and cool off.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

maybe it makes more sense to have a separate thread for furgers

The Burger Thread has always been a Big Tent Thread. I vote "yes" to furgers, and since I'm the only guy who can change the thread title I win.

e:

Ultimate Mango posted:

I can see adding some minced sardine to a beef burger for some extra umami flavor. I did miso paste with my last beef burgers and they were extra super beefy.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read about furgers: a judicious addition of very flavorful fish (anchovies might be an even better choice) to add savoriness and saltiness. Though I suspect a blend of raw tuna and raw beef seared rare would also be pretty great.

bartolimu fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 3, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh, nice, ilu

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not okay with this.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i got a tip for home-made furgers: crushed cheez-its and egg as a binder. really makes the fish and the beef meld into a wonderful savory experience.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

fyodor posted:

i got a tip for home-made furgers: crushed cheez-its and egg as a binder. really makes the fish and the beef meld into a wonderful savory experience.

That sounds like a good idea but keeping in mind two things:

A) Use a small amount of crackers
B) I would probably use saltines, or for a more authentic experience, oyster crackers

E: I just feel like cheez-its might skew the flavor profile of the furg a little too much

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fetus Tree posted:

That sounds like a good idea but keeping in mind two things:

A) Use a small amount of crackers
B) I would probably use saltines, or for a more authentic experience, oyster crackers

E: I just feel like cheez-its might skew the flavor profile of the furg a little too much

:eyepop:

wish i was home to try this right now!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
how would you guys season your furger to get it to restaurant quality? I usually do a ponzu glaze with some extra lime and a bit of Tony Chachere when i grill fish and a worchestershire/diced onion and garlic mix marinade for burgers.

Just combine it all do you think? Or maybe like just go for a straight lime and cilantro combo for a "latin" kick that cant go wrong?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I feel like salmon would be a good pairing. I'm not sure how I'd do it per se though. Grind the beef and the salmon together and form the patty like that? You wouldn't want to pick too too mild of a fish like trout or something

Tho god, I love trout

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i eat two burgers at a time to maintain my dad-bod

rastagast
May 23, 2015

Double lamb burg with salad, tomato relish and chips with mozzerella.
Thought you'd all appreciate :D

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

rastagast posted:

Quoting so I can actually see the image.

Edit: I approve.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

rastagast posted:

please don't threadshit in the Burger/Furger thread. Thank you

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nooner posted:

please don't threadshit in the Burger/Furger thread. Thank you

I don;'t know, if we can allow furgers maybe lurgers are ok too

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You've destroyed something I love with this furger poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Norns posted:

you dont always get what you want but sometimes you get what you need -kesha

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

you need to pull your head out of the sand

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
remeber that episode of spongebob squarepants where he tries to convince squidward to eat the crabbypatty and it turns out squidward actually LOVES them? Yeah that is going to be Norns and Furgers once he finally gives them a chance

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The only thing that touches my meat patties is ground bacon.

Fish belongs in tacos and sushi.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
When your name is on the marquee, you either get the glory or you get the hits. - Meat Loaf

Sorry Norns, thats just how the world works

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

There's no loving way in hell I'm ever putting fish in my grinder with beef.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

Is that like a religious thing or?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

You can buy fish paste that you can mix into a patty with beef if you're that weird about the sanctity of your tools.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

proof of concept posted:

You can buy fish paste that you can mix into a patty with beef if you're that weird about the sanctity of your tools.

I dont think that is how they do it in the restaurant, if anything I'd advise just cutting it into real thin strips and then dicing if you are afraid of grinding it for whatever reason

edit: or you could using one of those graters made for soft cheeses? idk just spitballing here

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I dont think that is how they do it in the restaurant, if anything I'd advise just cutting it into real thin strips and then dicing if you are afraid of grinding it for whatever reason

Will It Blend? Has that guy ever done a fish? I bet he blends his fish because his meat grinder is only for manly steer beef.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
one method i've used is a bit unconventional but surprisingly effective. If you have a work bench with a vice, simply mount a standard metal window screen underneath, and use metal sheets to block the other parts of the vice. place a bowl underneath the screen and compress the fillet. as it's squeezed, it will go the only direction available, and be forced through the screen. This method may be a bit messy, but i will never have to sully my meatgrinder which i use to grind the the finest fatback North Carolina can provide.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nooner posted:

edit: or you could using one of those graters made for soft cheeses? idk just spitballing here

Ignoring the obvious troll posts below you, this would depend on which type of grater you mean. At first I thought you meant the ones with the little handle that you spin around, but then I remembered the metal kind that you kinda set down on a counter top. If you meant the former latter then yes, i think that would work fine, just make sure you clean it well after , you don't need any gross stuff building up in your kitchen.

E: i hosed up

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 3, 2015

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

proof of concept posted:

Will It Blend? Has that guy ever done a fish? I bet he blends his fish because his meat grinder is only for manly steer beef.

:rolleyes:
way to steal a famous joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Fetus Tree posted:

Ignoring the obvious troll posts below you, this would depend on which type of grater you mean. At first I thought you meant the ones with the little handle that you spin around, but then I remembered the metal kind that you kinda set down on a counter top. If you meant the former latter then yes, i think that would work fine, just make sure you clean it well after , you don't need any gross stuff building up in your kitchen.

E: i hosed up

Ive got this thing

which i dont know if any of the attachments would work, maybe 3rd from the left if you're i na bind, thats the one I use for cutting sashimi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

They made a similar joke about multi-bladed razors

BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

Moral: don't take your cues for future progress from a sketch comedy show you big dummy.

• Locked thread