Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Justin Godscock posted:

This is actually a lot more civil than when Fallout 3 was announced and everyone was bitching about "IT'S OBLIVION WITH GUNS AND YOU CAN'T KILL CHILDREN!".

gently caress the goons from 07-09 that Helldump purged.

idgi this is just skyrim with guns though????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Or that robot what thought he was Button Gwinnett.

There's a lot of cool stuff in Fallout 3.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I wonder how happy I will be skipping the first 2 months after release while the game is buggy as poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The list of things I hope don't come back: Giant Firebreathing Ants.

They're too scary.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

seen any robots? Hahahaahhahaha--todd shitler howard

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It already has that Fallout 3/NV/ Season 5 Game of Thrones feel with having 2 guys (who's models are certainly going to be used in 22XX) guarding the entrance to Vault 111 while a half dozen NPC's are running towards it for safety

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I hope they do something to differentiate guns and energy weapons more this time around. Would be nice to have some more scifi tech weapons like a shrink ray and such instead of it just being different colored bullets. Same goes for unarmed and melee I guess. Who am I kidding though, EXPLOSIVES 4 LIFE!

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Mordaedil posted:

I want to get excited, I was pretty excited, up until I slowly started to realize that adding voice-acting to the main character is not only going to put some severe restraints on modding, it will absolutely kill the level of roleplaying possible in a narrative.

At least for a game of this type, that seems to be a real killer.

Also what the gently caress happened to the dog. Did they forget to turn on the effects? He looks flatter than the COD dog.
Wait, what? Was this confirmed? It's not just trailer fluff? Is it in the leaked script or something? Because that's loving dumb if true.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Yes it's true, the game protagonist is voiced by Troy Baker regardless of sex, age, ethnicity, gender or eye color.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Fallout fans have the worst opinions.

I mean people keep saying that Fallout 1 was better than 2, what assholes!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I would absolutely love to see a FO game take place in China or Europe or something. Just handwave you character as the great-grandchild of a POW or something from the Great War or something, then basically play Metro 2033.

Speaking of which, Vault-Tec had vaults to house people in USA, did the other countries also have Vaults of their own, or did they all just become ghouls?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bholder posted:

Fallout fans have the worst opinions.

I mean people keep saying that Fallout 1 was better than 2, what assholes!

The secret behind Fallout is to ignore its fans as much as possible and enjoy the games.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tamayachi posted:

I would absolutely love to see a FO game take place in China or Europe or something. Just handwave you character as the great-grandchild of a POW or something from the Great War or something, then basically play Metro 2033.

Speaking of which, Vault-Tec had vaults to house people in USA, did the other countries also have Vaults of their own, or did they all just become ghouls?
No turns out that all the nukes that hit Europe and China were duds because of shoddy work and they have spent the last 200 years laughing and progressing

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

achillesforever6 posted:

No turns out that all the nukes that hit Europe and China were duds because of shoddy work and they have spent the last 200 years laughing and progressing

Ah, pulling the old "28 Days Later" card on us.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Gamebryo. Gambryo never changes.

Maybe they will add character animations this time though.

Also should I play New Vegas, I never got around to it and people tell me I should.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If I remember my Fallout 1 (or was it 2?) intro right, Europe was a Fallout Ruin before the Great War even kicked off.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I was really hoping the dog was the main character. Pretty disappointing that the vault dweller appeared at the end. :(

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Hopefully JSawyer will continue excellence in game doings by making a patch for F4, like he did for New Vegas.

Or failing that, embeds an Amiibo into my colon.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I couldn't find a good source image for this...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If the game lets me set my intelligence to 1 and spend the rest of the game listening to Troy Baker making retard noises for 80 hours I will buy this game and every last bit of stupid DLC for it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

El Grillo posted:

Gamebryo. Gambryo never changes.

Maybe they will add character animations this time though.

Also should I play New Vegas, I never got around to it and people tell me I should.

I mean, if you liked Fallout 3 at all it's basically that with better characters and story and tweaked gameplay.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

MisterBibs posted:

If I remember my Fallout 1 (or was it 2?) intro right, Europe was a Fallout Ruin before the Great War even kicked off.

I'm digging around on the Wiki and that makes sense, since the European Commonwealth basically invaded the middle east for their oil, until the oil wells all ran dry and they stopped fighting because there was nothing left to fight for. Tel Aviv got nuked, but I'm not seeing anything about the UK or the other countries.

Yet.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Tamayachi posted:

I'm digging around on the Wiki and that makes sense, since the European Commonwealth basically invaded the middle east for their oil, until the oil wells all ran dry and they stopped fighting because there was nothing left to fight for. Tel Aviv got nuked, but I'm not seeing anything about the UK or the other countries.

Yet.

Tenpenny implies it's even worse over there for reasons????

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Tamayachi posted:

Yet.

Tenpenny in Fallout 3 fled from the England to the United States somehow, which implies that however horrible things are in America, it is worse in Europe.

Maybe the villain of Fallout 4 will be the revived British Empire, led by their mad ghoul Queen, desperate to reclaim the rebellious American colonies.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 4, 2015

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
gently caress I want a Toronto DLC, they already mentioned its a community in The Pitt

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

CharlestonJew posted:

If the game lets me set my intelligence to 1 and spend the rest of the game listening to Troy Baker making retard noises for 80 hours I will buy this game and every last bit of stupid DLC for it

This. A hundred times this.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

I am sad they will never do this.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SunAndSpring posted:

I am sad they will never do this.

Wub-wub!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know people generally don't like the Enclave as villains, but I always loved them. And 3 and NV made them a little more nuanced than 2 did.

The thing I'm most excited for as its Boston, that means Harvard will be a location.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

In today's world they'd probably catch a lot of poo poo for making the mentially handicapped look really stupid and worthless. Then we could listen to the wails of dispair from all the SJWs as well as NMA for the next 18 months.

For everyone who wants to joke about canceling their pre-order as the list of things that will/won't be included come out, well good news for you! Now you'll actually have something to cancel. Also loving how the game as pulled a 180 from green/brown blob to vibrant techicolour and people are still bitching about how it looks. That lead paint held up well to the scorching heat of an atomic blast.

This is probably the 1 thing I am looking forward to hearing more about at E3, in particualr the setting. It only looks like things have been laying abandonded for a few decades in the trailer instead of two centuries. Then again, creative license I guess.

E:

twistedmentat posted:

I know people generally don't like the Enclave as villains, but I always loved them. And 3 and NV made them a little more nuanced than 2 did.
I always chose the options that wouldn't result in destroying ZAX. The wasteland would feel too empty without a psychotic, genocidal AI running around.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 4, 2015

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

QuoProQuid posted:

Tenpenny in Fallout 3 fled from the England to the United States somehow, which implies that however horrible things are in America, it is worse in Europe.

But it also implies that however horrible things are in Europe, they still possess enough technological know-how to traverse oceans. The way I see it there's two possibilities: Britain got it's own culture's post-apocalypse, which is a totalitarian fascist state ala Nineteen Eighty Four, V for Vendetta, Judge Dredd, and pretty much every single other work future fiction to ever come out of Britain, meaning that modern society survived there in a warped form, letting things like ocean-going vessels remain in operation. Or, Europe has reverted to a pre-industrial level of technology, and Tenpenny crossed the ocean on an old-fashioned galleon.

Then again, remember it's Tenpenny who fled, so things might not be bad in Europe at all. He's the sort of man who'd rather reign in hell than serve in heaven.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I always chose the options that wouldn't result in destroying ZAX. The wasteland would feel too empty without a [spoiler]psychotic, genocidal AI[/spoilers] running around.

I loved the little Eyebots with their patriotic music playing. But I love reminders of the old world in Fallout Games. I'd not be opposed to time travel fuckery that enabled you to go back to pre war America and see how crazy 50s futurism would be.

I saw a code for pre order for GMG, can you activate games you buy from there on steam?

Its not hard to cross an ocean without flying or even modern ships. It was traversed by sailing ships for centuries before steam powered ships arrived. Plus, the UK was always a maratime nation. I always felt that the British Navy somehow survived the war fairly intact so its built it own culture that rules the waves.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 4, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

twistedmentat posted:

I saw a code for pre order for GMG, can you activate games you buy from there on steam?

They require Steam, so yes.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I can't wait to see every decent game design decision from New Vegas reverted back to its Fallout 3 poo poo show version by Bethesda.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I preferred 3's setting to New Vegas. Everything in the Capital Wasteland felt like it was in a state of flux, with people huddled into poisoned, bombed-out towns and rotting, mirelurk-infested aircraft carriers because those places only might kill you when what's outside definitely will. New Vegas by comparison just felt a little bit too settled and safe. Nonchalantly wandering off into the hills to shoot varmints should be a death sentence, not a training mission.

I know that some level of normality should have resumed ~200 years after the bombs, but that doesn't mean it makes for a better game.

Ah yes, the endangered and besieged people of Fallout 3 and your heroic quests to save them, including: finding a historical document to donate to the local museum, finding soda pop for a soda pop collector, finding a violin for the old lady, drinking radioactive water for several minutes because that's the only way to get a significant enough dose of radiation for the scientist lady to study radiation sickness.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

2house2fly posted:

Ah yes, the endangered and besieged people of Fallout 3 and your heroic quests to save them, including: finding a historical document to donate to the local museum, finding soda pop for a soda pop collector, finding a violin for the old lady, drinking radioactive water for several minutes because that's the only way to get a significant enough dose of radiation for the scientist lady to study radiation sickness.
A quest more sprawling and epic than murdering every legionary in your path, i'm sure

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
This game is going to be pretty good, unlike this thread and everyone who posts in it.

Yes, including me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

2house2fly posted:

Moira is really cool haha, I love her.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

2house2fly posted:

I agree. New Vega had far more epic quests, like getting a hooker out of the Gomorrah, helping Contreras with some errands, getting the Boomer dude to hook up with his redhead girlfriend at the Crimson Caravan, and grabbing some monster eggs for a lunatic sex-fiend underneath Westside. Those quests really made a huge difference on the Mojave that will be felt for generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Moira was probably one of the best NPCs in Fallout 3, so sadistic yet so naive. It was kind of endearing when you asked he why she was trying to do what she does and she gave you the whole speal about everyone else trying to put a broken glass back together while she was the only one trying to make the best of the situation they were in.

Also, as for Tenpennyand how he got to the US, we saw a rocket augmented USS Constitution in the trailer though god only knows why it exists. Maybe he used one of those to get across. There's also zeppelins in this game, ala Fallout: Tactics (and breifly mentioned in FO3) so it should be interesting to see how that plays out. The BOS will likely be making another appearance.

• Locked thread