Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I think it's RC2 that gives you a sphere frog after clearing it. RC3 gives you Noah which I haven't even bothered to level. I really just do it for the slot machine coins at this point. Slot machine is awesome imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm glad Raids gives some sort of rewards later. RC1 is just boring and I can see people just not raiding at all if they don't know what they can get later on because it's so dull.

E: Would SBB2 Priscilla be worth taking to Cardes trial? I'd also like to know which two friend leaders would be worth bringing to Cardes trial? I don't think I have the stats and imps to one squad it.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 2, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

In arena with a 6* zelnite for a leader I typically only have 1 person with full BB after the first round, most of the time the enemy has something similar, then I fill up everybody on round 2 and then use some BB on round 3 to win.

I have less than 10 losses so far but thats because I just have bigger dudes than my opponents, sometimes they'll fill their BB on their very first turn and if I don't get lucky somehow I can easily lose.

How do people get full BB after a single turn?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Fed my remaining imps to Kanon as well as one of those super imps, and bought another imp key for the week. Still have a lot of units to sell for points. :v:

Kanon's hit the 440 defense cap but still needs a handful of HP imps and maybe a dozen atk/rec ones to be capped out.

Agent355 posted:

In arena with a 6* zelnite for a leader I typically only have 1 person with full BB after the first round, most of the time the enemy has something similar, then I fill up everybody on round 2 and then use some BB on round 3 to win.

I have less than 10 losses so far but thats because I just have bigger dudes than my opponents, sometimes they'll fill their BB on their very first turn and if I don't get lucky somehow I can easily lose.

I get 4-5 SBB on round two with this team:
6* Len - Hallowed Skull + Sol Creator This guy alone is a 100 BC drop check on his normal attack
7* Colt - Blighted Seal + Heresy Orb, max imped
7* Claire - Malice Jewel + Ihsir's Guise, max imped
7* Selene - Lexida + Paskuan Weapon Enhancer
6* Elza - Legwand Gem + Sol Creator, Team Leader

I can get anywhere from 1-4 SBB on turn 2 with it when starting with empty BB gauges too in large part thanks to Len's BC generation being so insane. :getin:

e: If you have a leader like Feeva, Elza, or Uda their 50% BB fill rate is better than Zelnite's drop rate buff; especially if you can give +BC drop items to your team. Sol Creators are great but even stuff like Tech Gizmos can make a big difference. Make sure Zelnite's the first person on your team to act though. That way if he uses his BB he fills everyone else's gauge and can enable BB or SBB uses that weren't up otherwise.

Once you have a 7* Selene and Lexida put her on your arena team because she gets an Angel Idol buff as part of her extra skill, so if the other team nukes the hell out of you she could live with 1hp and maybe BB/SBB them the next turn for a win.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 2, 2015

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

What's your current arena team and their spheres?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Arena team is 6* zelnite lead, 6* kuhla, 7* colt, 6* Semira, 5* Ultor

Colt has 2 spheres, one of which is some good one, but every other sphere I have is some low level pile of garbage, I haven't really looked into finding good spheres, so they're probably something like the 10/15% to atk/def/hp/rec orbs that I got as level up rewards for the event. I could check exactly what they're wearing but I'm currently autobattling through story quests :downs:

Black Huntress
Oct 8, 2001

Is Friend Search not working for anyone else? Just kicked off a bunch of randoms to make room for goons and am now getting Unexpected Errors. If it is, I'd appreciate some adds:

I could use some help (read: someone's Selena to carry me) through the mech gods so I can get my first 7*. Right now I usually run Ultor or Rosetta, occasionally Ivris or Zergel.

On that note, should I 7* Tazer or Kira? Trending towards Tazer since I'm used to spark teams, but I just got Kira and am not sure what to do with him leading. (I think the only thing I have that directly synergizes is Luther.)

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=VibfbhN6

Thanks for help or advice!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Kira's a better leader than Tazer because he'll make you explode poo poo due to having a 60% crit buff on his BB and SBB which ensures frequent use of his leader skill's crit damage boost. You'll also be able to use him with other Kira and Colt leaders to ensure 1 turn obliteration of most things as well as never have to worry about if you'll get enough points clearing non-Terminus FH levels.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Arena team is 6* zelnite lead, 6* kuhla, 7* colt, 6* Semira, 5* Ultor

Colt has 2 spheres, one of which is some good one, but every other sphere I have is some low level pile of garbage, I haven't really looked into finding good spheres, so they're probably something like the 10/15% to atk/def/hp/rec orbs that I got as level up rewards for the event. I could check exactly what they're wearing but I'm currently autobattling through story quests :downs:

The better easier to craft spheres are the +BC drop rate ones, tech gizmo 2s are not too hard to make if you can't make sol creators (and are also required to make Sol Creators, so start investing), but you do need some honor mats, so check what those are and start putting those into your friend gift want list. You'll have to make the lower class of +BC items to make gizmos so it is a process that can take time, and you will want to run quests with Zelnite to start hoping for Riff feathers for sol creators, or alternatively run the top level of the Hostile Relics vortex when that's open since you get 1-2 from it each time.

I usually have 3-5 BBs available on after turn 1, but i also make use of an Eva leader for her on hit BB boost so the other team can help me out with that. All I usually need is my Feeva up to BB at the point i'm in, and she'll usually wipe the other team out with her use.

Black Huntress posted:

Is Friend Search not working for anyone else? Just kicked off a bunch of randoms to make room for goons and am now getting Unexpected Errors. If it is, I'd appreciate some adds:

I could use some help (read: someone's Selena to carry me) through the mech gods so I can get my first 7*. Right now I usually run Ultor or Rosetta, occasionally Ivris or Zergel.

On that note, should I 7* Tazer or Kira? Trending towards Tazer since I'm used to spark teams, but I just got Kira and am not sure what to do with him leading. (I think the only thing I have that directly synergizes is Luther.)

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=VibfbhN6

Thanks for help or advice!

My info is in the spreadsheet and I usually run a fairly well imped 7* Feeva as my lead.

Sloober fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 3, 2015

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There, got a Feeva, loving finally.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
So with my Bariura questing gems, I pulled the new fire dragon dude. Any good?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Sloober posted:

The better easier to craft spheres are the +BC drop rate ones, tech gizmo 2s are not too hard to make if you can't make sol creators (and are also required to make Sol Creators, so start investing), but you do need some honor mats, so check what those are and start putting those into your friend gift want list. You'll have to make the lower class of +BC items to make gizmos so it is a process that can take time, and you will want to run quests with Zelnite to start hoping for Riff feathers for sol creators, or alternatively run the top level of the Hostile Relics vortex when that's open since you get 1-2 from it each time.

I usually have 3-5 BBs available on after turn 1, but i also make use of an Eva leader for her on hit BB boost so the other team can help me out with that. All I usually need is my Feeva up to BB at the point i'm in, and she'll usually wipe the other team out with her use.

Feeva should be a much better arena leader than Eva unless your team's BC drop check total is terribly low, which should be pretty much impossible these days unless you're using units like Eze.

Any team with BC drop spheres on a couple units, and a 50% BB gauge leader, should be able to get 5 BB and possibly some SBB uses for round 2 regularly. If I drop Len for another unit I still have 5 BB uses but keeping Len, even with his STSBB unlocked unfortunately, is just better because if Claire or Colt fire their SBB it's pretty much over. Very few things would survive Claire's SBB and I don't think 7 star units can survive Colt's SBB because he'll almost certainly crit and with a blighted seal equipped he hits ungodly hard.

e: endlessly farming metal mimics due to half stam. Already got 5 of them and little over 100 stamina spent. Probably going to try to get close to a dozen because I have a lot of stuff I want to evolve over the next few days/weeks. Currently working up Ciara and anima-type Elimo to replace the guardian one. Going to work up a guardian Tree to replace my breaker one. Might replace Lord-type Oulu with an anima one as well.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 3, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Feeva should be a much better arena leader than Eva unless your team's BC drop check total is terribly low, which should be pretty much impossible these days unless you're using units like Eze.

Is there really any reason to use Eze? Like, I like his design and I almost chose him as my starter back when I very first picked up the game, but I can't think of a single thing he does that literally any other starter could do better.

EDIT: I really wish this game wouldn't crash every time someone calls the phone. I just lost a metal mimic to that bullshit :argh:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ughh Gumi is doing terrible things to my Brave Frontier App.
First off my Arena Picture is messed up and resetting it doesn't fix the image. I get downloads every time I soft reset despite nothing changing. And I can't get my one turn BB like I normally do
I don't get it.
http://imgur.com/a/kX4Mt

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Annointed posted:

Ughh Gumi is doing terrible things to my Brave Frontier App.
First off my Arena Picture is messed up and resetting it doesn't fix the image. I get downloads every time I soft reset despite nothing changing. And I can't get my one turn BB like I normally do
I don't get it.
http://imgur.com/a/kX4Mt

The arena picture has been messed up for me since before the achievement system got rolled out. Whenever it was that they started stocking the elemental stones in the BP shop was about the time that the Arena pictue borked for me. Neither flushing my cache nor reinstalling the game fresh have fixed it.

And within the past two or three days, the game's been jittering on normal stages, locking up for a second or two whenever someone uses a BB/SBB. It's not gamebreaking, but it makes it really goddamn hard to properly time sparks.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So basically Arena is hosed and not worth bothering right now? Shame. It was like gambling but more pretty and less likely to require counsiling. At least I can easily autobattle the final stages.

Do you guys recommend the Mega Metal Parades? The five keys seems expensive but the chance for five crystal units a run is very tempting.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Annointed posted:

So basically Arena is hosed and not worth bothering right now? Shame. It was like gambling but more pretty and less likely to require counsiling. At least I can easily autobattle the final stages.

Do you guys recommend the Mega Metal Parades? The five keys seems expensive but the chance for five crystal units a run is very tempting.

It's not hosed, just has graphical glitches. Don't know why your team started sucking all of a sudden. :shrug:

Mega Metal Parades are a pretty even cut of Gods and Crystals, give you 7000 EXP for 60 EN (compared to 3000/40 EN or 1000/15 EN), and with the half-energy vortex there's no reason not to save up those five keys.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Annointed posted:

Arena's fine but I'm not sure how good your team is. I don't normally see those units in the arena. If their drop check isn't great (I know Kuda's is 30, which is really good) then it's just some bad luck you're having. My team seems to be working correctly.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

KataraniSword posted:

Is there really any reason to use Eze? Like, I like his design and I almost chose him as my starter back when I very first picked up the game, but I can't think of a single thing he does that literally any other starter could do better.

EDIT: I really wish this game wouldn't crash every time someone calls the phone. I just lost a metal mimic to that bullshit :argh:

Me too! gently caress that lazy design.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

KataraniSword posted:

Ever thought about not having friends/family/outside interaction?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I play BF on my PC so that's never even an issue. Neither is lag either.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
While job hunting, I came across a posting from Gumi Asia (I'm from Singapore, same as where Gumi Asia is). They're hiring a Unity3D programmer for iOS development.

Here's to more understaffing in their current games as they shift resources to their new project. :v:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Man this vortex stuff is great; It's still early in the day and I've already gotten a half dozen miracle totems and regular totems and evolved like 6 guys i had waiting for it. I should have farmed up some extra metal mimics though, i did exceed my original goal by a couple but they always crop up as a requirement when i least expect it since i never look at the wiki for that.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Autobattle just got patched so it remembers the setting, and is also much faster now thanks to it being just like JP auto and using attacks and BB much closer together.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dizz posted:

Ever thought about not having friends/family/outside interaction?

As much as I, being a goon, would love that, there's no avoiding spammy telemarketing firms that literally just bulk dial every combination of numbers until they hit a phone. Sure, I can ignore/decline the call, but as soon as the thing starts ringing, the damage is already done. :negative:

Sloober posted:

Man this vortex stuff is great; It's still early in the day and I've already gotten a half dozen miracle totems and regular totems and evolved like 6 guys i had waiting for it. I should have farmed up some extra metal mimics though, i did exceed my original goal by a couple but they always crop up as a requirement when i least expect it since i never look at the wiki for that.

It's actually a pretty safe bet that an evolution from 5* to 6* will require at least one elemental pot (or bulb, if it's a global-exclusive unit) and one metal mimic. The only exceptions are super-old units which take Idols and Dragon Mimics.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 4, 2015

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

For some reason my available quests in raid battles are all empty, as such I cannot choose a quest to start. Anyone run into the same issue?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Weissritter posted:

For some reason my available quests in raid battles are all empty, as such I cannot choose a quest to start. Anyone run into the same issue?

I haven't been able to get into raids at all, and it pretty ironically started at just about the time I pulled a Grandt. So no, you aren't alone there.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
Looks like we're getting the 7* evolutions for Sefia, Kikuri, Ronel, Elimo, and Lava on June 8th along with a new EX trial. Kinda surprised, I was expecting just Sefia and Kikuri.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Don't forget to farm your Autobots today while we're at 1/2 energy for the new 7*'s.

Also, 7* Elimo is just really damned good huh?

Edit: While I'm here. I don't like Kira on my Arena team (he's a lovely AI). Who should I replace him with?
Units & Teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iiriGa-Dyw6XW8PPw19iY42zXF8KXacP5pA0fymC_Dg/edit?usp=sharing

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 5, 2015

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sometimes I remember I have this game installed and use whatever imps invariably got thrown in my box on this. I'm basically just playing Deemo Frontier at this point.

I'm going to have the swolest Deemo in the world.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

Sometimes I remember I have this game installed and use whatever imps invariably got thrown in my box on this. I'm basically just playing Deemo Frontier at this point.

I'm going to have the swolest Deemo in the world.

If we only got wings of piano 6*

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fatigued posted:

Looks like we're getting the 7* evolutions for Sefia, Kikuri, Ronel, Elimo, and Lava on June 8th along with a new EX trial. Kinda surprised, I was expecting just Sefia and Kikuri.

This is mildly distressing because now I need two Legend Stones instead of just one. :saddowns:

Does the achievement shop ever have sales or do I just need to man up and deal with burning through 16k points in a single swoop?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

This is mildly distressing because now I need two Legend Stones instead of just one. :saddowns:

Does the achievement shop ever have sales or do I just need to man up and deal with burning through 16k points in a single swoop?

Man up :saddowns:

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
I've been getting back into BF over the last few weeks after a fairly healthy amount of time off - I managed to pull a Feeva using free gems that helped spurn the decision to come back, and now I'm burning through all the older content I had a bitch of a time doing before (trials, GGC, etc.).

I had a list of my units in the last thread, and will post them in this thread too because I'm a spergy goonygoon who wants an easily accessable and linkable list of all his anime nomouth people and that one site everyone's using is stupid. Edit: Site is no longer stupid: http://dewey.zapto.org/units/249/

I would like some advice, if anyone would be willing - Now that I've plowed through most of the GGC (save the new Seifa/Kikuri levels), where would be some good places to put my new spheres? I threw Lafdranya on Feeva, Lexidia on Selena, Dandelga on Darvanshel, Drevas on Rowgen, and the Batootha on my frogged Deemo because lol, but if there are any better arrangements of spheres/units anyone could point me toward I would be glad for any advice at all. As mentioned above I've been away from BF for quite a while and have just been getting back into it over the last few weeks, so I'm a bit behind on all the latest information.

Also, did they actually unfuck Tridon recently? He was nerfed very shortly after I fed him his last imp (which helped in my decision to put the game down for a while), and it'd be cool if he was of good use again.

Correnth fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 16, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

Don't forget to farm your Autobots today while we're at 1/2 energy for the new 7*'s.

Also, 7* Elimo is just really damned good huh?

Edit: While I'm here. I don't like Kira on my Arena team (he's a lovely AI). Who should I replace him with?
Units & Teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iiriGa-Dyw6XW8PPw19iY42zXF8KXacP5pA0fymC_Dg/edit?usp=sharing

I dumped a few dozen imps in to Kanon thinking Elimo was still at least a month away and that Kanon and Darvanshell's replacement wouldn't be here so soon. :negative:

Elimo's BB is heal + status removal + 50% dmg reduction. SBB is Heal + damage reduction + 140% defense. UBB is 3 turns of 75% dmg reductio, regen, BB regen, and status block.

I currently have a lvl 100 guardian type and I'm working on an anima type to take over for her because it's not like I have any other use for all my metal keys and with nearly 180 stamina I can get a lot of XP out of the current 1/2 stam vortex.

Also have anima (and guardian :v:) Kikuri and anima ronel sitting at lvl 100. Will probably 7* ronel and still up in the air on whether I'll upgrade either Kikuri.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Who is the best canidate for recieving the 2 sphere frogs I have. Colt is already got one.

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=nYMMDD0C

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

Who is the best canidate for recieving the 2 sphere frogs I have. Colt is already got one.

Not sure that link is working, for me at least.

Finished this today:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^ Gimme :argh:

Agent355 posted:

Link doesn't work. Maybe we have to be signed in but I don't use the site.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I've got Ronel and Kikuri ready to evolve on Monday. Not too long after I'll have Sefia and Lava ready too. Sphere frogs for all. I regret tossing away my Elimo from way back in the day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Link doesn't work. Maybe we have to be signed in but I don't use the site.

The site got completely hosed from the time since he posted that link. :argh: It didn't used to have a sign-in.

• Locked thread