Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

Hi i went to the Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum and it had a shoujo exhibit here are pictures of everything

http://imgur.com/a/ntuLk

Just looked through these. That's really neat, thanks for sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandabear posted:

Here's a fluffy oneshot, Hanabatake no iberico. (Yep, iberico like the fancy Spanish pig.)

I like the clean, simple art of this recent shoujo, Yuugure Light. Only two chapters, but interesting enough so far - it has a jaded main protagonist, but not completely unlikeable, I feel.

I like both of these, thanks!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Goodness gracious, I'm not sure how much more of Tamen de Gushi I can handle.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Davincie posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Orange-Yane-no-Chiisana-Ie
crossposting my rec for those who don't read general chat, this is a really good romcom/dad with kid manga like usagi drop or my girl but without usagis drop bad latter half

The best thing about this manga is Luna and Ryou chan, so cute

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006

Nondevor posted:

I'd read it. But in terms of actual shoujo, I'd say ReRe Hello would fit the bill of sensible romantic leads. The guy starts off as somewhat demanding due to his rich kid status, but he quickly shapes up. It's pretty cute!

Nice, thanks for the rec! I had read the ChibiManga scanslations of this, but your mentioning of it lead me to Raffmanga/Mangalator where there is like 15+ chapters to catch up on : ) (their quality and the mouse-over formatting is eh though). I love the mains! Some of the side characters are kinda obnox coughSereia, Nanamicough, but at least they're intentionally written to be that way.

Nate RFB posted:

Goodness gracious, I'm not sure how much more of Tamen de Gushi I can handle.

They are too cute. Also, I am fascinated by the little Jenga hammer.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

pandabear posted:

Nice, thanks for the rec! I had read the ChibiManga scanslations of this, but your mentioning of it lead me to Raffmanga/Mangalator where there is like 15+ chapters to catch up on : ) (their quality and the mouse-over formatting is eh though).

Raffmanga owns, it's where I read a lot of shoujo that hasn't been picked up by translators or licensed yet. It's also nice for reading new series with only one of two chapters. The translations are of varying quality but I don't mind very much. The watermarks and image quality will probably put some people off though.

e: a Raffmanga-specific manga I absolutely adore is Kanna to Decchi. It's even better than ReRe Hello in having sensible, realistic main leads. The author also throws in a lot of interesting carpentry trivia.

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 29, 2015

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Smoking Crow posted:

Hi i went to the Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum and it had a shoujo exhibit here are pictures of everything

http://imgur.com/a/ntuLk

Thanks for posting this. I'll be in Columbus next weekend & will have to check this out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

After reading the new chapter of Kimi no Todoke all I can say is that I hope it ends before it ruins every good thing about the earlier stuff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
KnT is weird because while I normally hate it when romance series simply end once the couple get together, the only parts of it that were truly great was the lead up to it. The actual relationship has been boring as poo poo, to say nothing of the side characters I've grown to actively dislike.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've stopped reading it til it finishes largely for those reasons. I want to read the end but it's really feeling like things are dragging on past where it naturally should have ended and reading it at the release pace was kinda making me hate it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kimi ni Todoke's been running since... 2006... drat it's already old shoujo. This along with Skip Beat are gonna be the longest running shoujo manga I know of although at least Skip Beat at least makes up bullshit drama of the acting world to keep going while KnT somehow just exists.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Compendium posted:

Kimi ni Todoke's been running since... 2006... drat it's already old shoujo. This along with Skip Beat are gonna be the longest running shoujo manga I know of although at least Skip Beat at least makes up bullshit drama of the acting world to keep going while KnT somehow just exists.

I think Glass Mask is still running? :D

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
drat, you're right!

Glass Mask is actually fun since it's from the slightly old school shoujo era, I love its dramatics.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
New Kase-san. Kase is great, but I want to see the best friend route.

https://yuriproject.net/kase-san_ch11/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kase-san is really cool, and i like her tan

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Nate RFB posted:

KnT is weird because while I normally hate it when romance series simply end once the couple get together, the only parts of it that were truly great was the lead up to it. The actual relationship has been boring as poo poo, to say nothing of the side characters I've grown to actively dislike.

I absolutely loved KnT when I read through it all during jury duty for a week. But I also stopped reading around the point where Sawako starting crying saying Shoutarou 'lied' to her when it was snowing and then they made up and out and all was good. I think that was a pretty natural stopping point for me, and I am happy to leave my memories of KnT there. Was pretty satisfying.

In other news, I finished reading all 64 chapters of that Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie manga. That was great! Although from the Usagi Drop references I wasn't expecting that many titties in my single parent manga.

Anyway, any more good stuff with that kind of theme/problems? Sad or happy is good either way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Razzled posted:

Anyway, any more good stuff with that kind of theme/problems? Sad or happy is good either way.

Ohana Holoholo is pretty good, it's about a single mum with a young son sharing and apartment with her ex-girlfriend after her husband dies. Also her husband's gay ex-lover lives in the same building. :v: Despite the description it's mostly fun and any drama is very natural.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Razzled posted:

In other news, I finished reading all 64 chapters of that Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie manga. That was great! Although from the Usagi Drop references I wasn't expecting that many titties in my single parent manga.
I read through that yesterday based on the ADTRW recommendation and it was really good!

Also: Kase-san is great. So goofy. I love how the artist always draws little variations of that plant on Yamada's head. Sometimes it's larger! Glad to see it finally updated.

Seconding Sakurazuka's recommendation for Ohana Holoholo, it's really good as long as you can get past the weird start and the art style. (The art's not bad, just kinda strange.)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Mizutama Honey Boy - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mizutama-Honey-Boy/Vol-001-Ch-003-Read-Online?id=230977

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'm glad that this one didn't involve her being stronger than the boys but still needing one to protect her, because this is cute when it's not that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couple more Akatsuki no Yona chapters :hellyeah:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Did the author forget how bows work or something? :psyduck: It's backwards!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tamen De Gushi would be so much better if it wasn't a page and a half's worth of content per "chapter" :(

What's there is fantastic but mannnnnnnn

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Terper posted:

Did the author forget how bows work or something? :psyduck: It's backwards!
I don't know how realistic it is but isn't that a thing that bows do after being fired if they're tightly strung? It happens in movies sometimes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I don't know how realistic it is but isn't that a thing that bows do after being fired if they're tightly strung? It happens in movies sometimes.

Yeah, and I do think that's what she meant to convey, but it just looks weird here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sometimes artists make minor errors/things that look weird, especially when they're on a tight schedule

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's the done thing in eastern (or at least Japanese) archery. You hold the bow loosely enough that the bow pivots in your hand after firing. I think it's so the string doesn't hit your arm? At any rate, you can see it in a number of mangas/animes.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's the done thing in eastern (or at least Japanese) archery. You hold the bow loosely enough that the bow pivots in your hand after firing. I think it's so the string doesn't hit your arm? At any rate, you can see it in a number of mangas/animes.

Yup, you can kind of see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egiXLXwhvzs;t=12m10s

You can't really see it happen (stupid camera cuts!) but you see the end result when it's "backwards" after the recoil.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Razzled posted:

Yup, you can kind of see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egiXLXwhvzs;t=12m10s

You can't really see it happen (stupid camera cuts!) but you see the end result when it's "backwards" after the recoil.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm glad that this one didn't involve her being stronger than the boys but still needing one to protect her, because this is cute when it's not that.

Sengoku is quite dreamy and has the best faces, to boot.

Not to be confused with the best faces to boot, because that is rude.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Considering you see flipped bows repeatedly in Japanese media, even if it's overstated and not entirely practical, it's a deliberate Thing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

well gently caress me then

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

3am Dangerous Zone updated with apparently the last chapter? I haven't had chance to read it yet.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Seems that way, yeah.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 3, 2015

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What a lame ending :geno:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
New Stretch.

Ran can be scary when she wants to.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Delicious Meat!

After all, if someone says "meat," you think of Shibata-san

edit: whoops, that's last chapter, the new one is here.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 4, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, what a bummer. I thought there was a new chapter, but it's just the one that's been out for three months already.

edit: oh, you just linked to the wrong one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You know what would be really great? If he turned out to be an actually good guy and they lived happily ever after and the series ended. That'd be swell. And at this point, the unexpected outcome considering literally every other non-MLS! romance series out there.

I'm sure something will gently caress it up though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Just as well, I hadn't seen the second-to-latest one anyways. =3