Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah, I was kinda getting into Hunter X Hunter last night so Fate Zero is gonna have to wait. I'll give it a shot later though.

littleorv posted:

Also I'm going to add Hunter X Hunter to my backlog.
I've been watching it and I really like it so far. I'm over thirty episodes end, but it doesn't feel that long at all. Also it has good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRaZ7Y1yCw

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Bad Seafood posted:

I guess they didn't have the budget for a CGI dragon.
Nah the animals seem to depend on the person in question.

A CGI bat biting off Shiki's arm.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Bad Seafood posted:

Nero's fight was pretty boss in the manga. Probably in the original VN as well.

Dude gets shafted in the anime though (which exists), but then again so does everyone.

Everything was boss in the manga.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

prefuse what are your fan made dead apostles and servants
ill never tell

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

i woudln't really say he died like a chump, he got a cool fight scene.

like i said, tsukihime only has 3 fights total. and nrvnqsr honestly puts up more of a fight than roa, even though roa is the 'final boss.'

I was on the route with the secret catholic assassin senpai who shows up and unceremoniously kills him. At least I think so, it's been a really long time. I'm starting to doubt my version of events.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Tsukihime manga was loving rad as hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I was on the route with the secret catholic assassin senpai who shows up and unceremoniously kills him. At least I think so, it's been a really long time. I'm starting to doubt my version of events.
no that's definitely a thing that happens

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also my fan-made servant is balin of the two swords

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The Tsukihime manga was loving rad as hell
If they did a new anime that was just the manga I'd be satisfied.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What the gently caress is up wiith Blood Blockade Battlefront? Why are there two completely different romanizations of all hte nouns?It's not 1998 anymore, that poo poo should be nailed down by the time the first english release of the manga haooens

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I ain't gonna watch Saint Seiya anymore. I saw the episode where a disgusting eel man and a guy who uses doplhpin kung fu hold a nuclear powered oil tanker hostage and the Saints beat them but then they get away because their boss summoned a thousand pirate ghosts, and I just can't deal with that right now.

I might come back to it later, but I don't have the time or energy to get massively innto another huge anime franchsie,which is waht I'd do if I watched one more episode.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I ain't gonna watch Saint Seiya anymore. I saw the episode where a disgusting eel man and a guy who uses doplhpin kung fu hold a nuclear powered oil tanker hostage and the Saints beat them but then they get away because their boss summoned a thousand pirate ghosts, and I just can't deal with that right now.

I might come back to it later, but I don't have the time or energy to get massively innto another huge anime franchsie,which is waht I'd do if I watched one more episode.

Those guys don't last much longer. Saint Seiya maintains a pretty brisk pace up to the 12 Houses arc.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GorfZaplen posted:

Those guys don't last much longer. Saint Seiya maintains a pretty brisk pace up to the 12 Houses arc.

Yeah, it's like, every six episodes there's a new crazy bad guy and crazy poo poo and thhey trade gold cloth pieces fifty loving times, and it's like, either I watch all of this right now, or I just stop.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

should i watch ideon, hyouka or sayonara zetubou sensei

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I saw in the Splatoon thread that Japan is getting free Squid Girl costume dlc later this year. Hopefully Nintendo will share this wonderful gift with the rest of the world.

I may watch an episode or two of Chihayafuru, but it is getting late. However, I don't have work tomorrow.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dig that last dude's face.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Smoking Crow posted:

Ideon

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

That is one hell of a list to lay on us.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

Ideon

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

jesus christ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

he's more shark than man now

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I still accept him for who he is, a good family man and loyal employee.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

hello

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i finished Sabagebu tonight, it was great

dog poo poo road especially

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm watching ideon and it's really weird to me in 2015 since they translated kyoujin as giant god

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm watching ideon and it's really weird to me in 2015 since they translated kyoujin as giant god

yeah, Eotena would have worked better

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I hope they're very happy together.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought we were getting another season of Nyaruko-san at some point.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

is nisekoi good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

is nisekoi good
generic romcom, mildly interesting direction due to shinbo

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

is nisekoi good

I understand that the anime is a good adaptation of a mediocre manga. I have stayed away despite Shinbo.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

on a related note, any good romance shows where the couple is a couple during the show, besides my love story? It's always my favorite bits of shojo manga and id enjot the show to be a lot of that.
bonus points if yaoi or yuri.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

on a related note, any good romance shows where the couple is a couple during the show, besides my love story? It's always my favorite bits of shojo manga and id enjot the show to be a lot of that.

His and Her Circumstances (not y/y)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bad Seafood posted:

I just saw this episode myself :munch:. It's really weird considering it's in Durarara X2 and everyone else is relatively normal-looking.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

His and Her Circumstances (not y/y)

is it better to watch or read, since i guess those two versions are p different?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

is it better to watch or read, since i guess those two versions are p different?

watch, definitely. The anime has a Gainax ending like a motherfucker, but it's fun anyways. The manga goes on too long and gets boring. I never finished it.

You know, it's sad, I think that and MLS are the only anime I've watched that meet that requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess Golden Time but it's not really in a fun way and stuff kind of goes to poo poo afterwards.

• Locked thread