Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I wasn't planning an avatar change but this was too good to pass up....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

Kinda like how Kansas just did a huge bunch of tax cuts for the wealthy last year, and this year they are in the red.

So what do they do? TAX THE POOR!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/04/21/vwelfap/

Someone beat into their heads trickle down economics aka Voodoo Economics aka FYGM doesnt loving work.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

keykey posted:

I really wish that were true.. Judging from my brother in law and friends, that's essentially the bay area mantra in art communities where life is apparently opposite land of somehow magically living there off of nothing but your art and government programs.. Mostly government programs. Also, every internet slogan we are the anonymous 99%'ers, bullshit bullshit is absolutely true. You see, It's not their fault for not taking initiative in their own life, but everyone else's especially corporations, maaaaan. I can't stand to be in the same room with him for that long. He tells people the VW XL1 was never brought to the states because big oil paid to have it not imported because it would dig into their profits, he's a huge proponent of both Huffington Post and Infowars. Sadly, I wish I were making this poo poo up.

On the one hand you have one guy saying stupid poo poo. On the other actual policy in this country is massively stacked in favor of those at the top. Despite it being an abject failure we continue to treat trickle down as economic gospel and insist that the only way to grow the economy is to cut taxes for the wealthy, and we're pretty much to the point where the super wealthy can ignore the law (DuPont heir dodging jail time after molesting a toddler, one of the Waltons killing a pedestrian and not even being charged, etc.)

Tide posted:

The argument against a flat tax is that it would be more punishing to poor folks because of the cost of basic necessities. My argument against that position is the cost of the basic necessities is tougher on the lower income than the higher income regardless of the tax taken.

They already have it bad so they won't care/notice if you turn the screws on them even more? Tell me more about how you aren't a cold hearted dick :allears:

My issue with flat tax is much like trickle down it relies on the generosity of the wealthy after the fact. In this case, businesses - freed from the bootheel of taxation! - will pass their savings along to the consumer, both offsetting the higher tax rate and increasing economic growth. The likelier scenario is they keep prices the same and pocket the difference.

And there's also the fact that every serious economist who has looked at the Fair Tax bill has come out and said that the rate would have to be almost double the projected 23% to truly be revenue neutral.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 4, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Tide posted:

That's not what I was referring to, dingleberry

Do tell?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress pizza chat

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

gently caress pizza chat

The shells go on the floor. :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Magnus Praeda posted:

The shells go on the floor. :colbert:

If you're an entitled cockbag who's never had to push a broom in the service industry before :colbert:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
An over the top militant feminist/misandrist I know just posted on Facebook asking for mechanic recommendations to get a lightbulb replaced. She is now apparently checking reviews and calling said mechanics to 'interview' them.

The jokes write themselves.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Would you be willing to replace the pizza with generic car parts so I can use it as an avatar?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Your avatar. Whole reason I was yelling ONE OF US

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Elmnt80 posted:

Would you be willing to replace the pizza with generic car parts so I can use it as an avatar?

Quoting this because holy poo poo this would own and i'm nowhere near good enough at Photoshop to do it myself.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Holy poo poo @ Mat_Drinks avatar.. GG dude that really is :perfect:

Thanks man! :):hf::)

Ether Frenzy posted:

I like the look, it's just unfortunately odd that two of them aren't hooked up to anything.

Looks like that Coupe didn't have the extended leather.

Comfort Access

Do you know to set up the M-Drive settings before you set off on tests, and then deploy the M button on the steering wheel once the car's limit gets up to 8300 on the tach after you've driven a few miles?

IS-F Exhaust, easily resolved with an aftermarket cat back so I don't mind. I understand it'll still be tips that aren't technically attached, but it doesn't bother me. It reminds me other weird poo poo the Japanese have put on their cars in the past :)

I like how the M3 extended leather makes the red interior look even weirder. I wish car companies still offered weird blue interiors too. The last one I saw was in the S2000?

Comfort Access is on my list of "I'd prefer this" for sure.

M-Drive settings. On the manual I had them set a bit up, but not all the way. Thanks for the write up though, I'll save that for future test drives.

Pizza chat: Even bad pizza is still pizza so it's still one of the most enjoyable things a person can eat.

Quite A Tool posted:

My schedule is.... fluid haha. It's ultra weird coming from a 9-5 bank job. But as long as I don't start too early the next day I'm still down for a few beers. And yes all goons should come drink and be merry with us. I'll check my schedule for the next week or two and see where I'm at.

I'm looking to have a few this weekend, let me know if that works and we'll figure something out and blast it in this thread for anyone that wants to venture out here.

Dannywilson posted:

I wasn't planning an avatar change but this was too good to pass up....

[b]Really[/] good.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mat_Drinks posted:

I like how the M3 extended leather makes the red interior look even weirder. I wish car companies still offered weird blue interiors too. The last one I saw was in the S2000?

Yeah, I like the red interior in theory but as a... not 25-year-old any more, I think I'd have had a hard time actually going through with that, but I do like how it looks for some people's setups. I just definitely thought that the extended leather (I only looked at cars that had the black interiors) definitely benefited more from the extra stuff on the dash.

A estoril blue interior, however... that would be pretty nice and I think even as an alleged grown up I could and would sport that all day with a smug loving grin.

Great, now I'm inventing a need to put this in to replace my utterly pristine and totally fine wheel.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 4, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Any of you sim racing guys have any experience with RaceRoom? I'm tempted to try diving into it since it's apparently F2P, just wondering what it's like and if anyone else in AI plays it or if i'd be racing against (and getting my rear end handed to me by) pubbies :v:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

14 INCH SLIT posted:

gently caress pizza chat

Double-gently caress you. I wish there was a 5-guys anywhere near me :( Goddamnit I'm hungry all the time lately.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, I just found this in PYF and need to share it. However, I need to share it because for the first time since probably my days on Stile Project and Rotten, it got an audible oh god no no no out of me. I want to stress something. There is practically no blood here, the man lived, but it is one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen and that being said, you have been warned that this is pretty loving hosed.

:nws: http://imgur.com/3aIjTOF :nms:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Siochain posted:

Double-gently caress you. I wish there was a 5-guys anywhere near me :( Goddamnit I'm hungry all the time lately.

Um, do you have a range, a frying pan, and a grocery store that sells hamburger buns and ground beef? Because that's really all you need to make Five Guys.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Things I learned at my Condo AGM:

1. People in my building are loving idiots and don't understand simple accounting. Thanks low income part of town
2. Basically one guy is saving the entire board from being garbage.
3. Nobody actually wants to saving this condo from being garbage other than the board, they'd rather have the building look like poo poo than pay deal with a 13% condo fee increase.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That but a couple octaves higher.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mat_Drinks posted:

Pizza chat: Even bad pizza is still pizza so it's still one of the most enjoyable things a person can eat.

Eh, there's a giant asterisk next to that.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!

T1g4h posted:

^^^ :hfive:

Yeah, I really don't get Hawaiian Pizza. Pineapples do not belong on pizza, that's just wrong :colbert:

And yet, somewhere in the world, there was ONE PERSON who was the first to put a pondering finger to their lips and say "Yes, this is a good idea" (Also applies to non-stick accessories "This WILL look good"

I was too much of a shame-bot to pull out my cell to take a photo, but tonight there was a Lamborghini parked up at the road... It was only remarkable because it was parked in front of subsidized housing. In one of the residents spots.

Also - someone mentioned the Dickslit Apocalypse was coming?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

Also I pity people without 15 awesome pizza joints within a stones throw. That's the only thing Connecticut is good for.

I like the way you think. I moved to Virginia last year, and the only place I've found that's "good" by CT standards happens to be a 2 minute walk from my apartment. But I still miss CT pizza everytime I get something there.

Also, it's a meatball grinder and I will not call it anything else. :colbert:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Phone posted:

Eh, there's a giant asterisk next to that.

THERE'S A GIANT ASTERISK NEXT TO YOUR FACE PHONE THE MIATA LOVER

jk we cool :)

Also hey 14 if you like gross out pictures there is, no poo poo, an Instagram for gross pics that physicians use to compare weird poo poo and how to treat it. ENJOY http://www.fastcompany.com/3041163/why-your-doctor-has-instagrams-and-youtubes-of-their-own -> Check out the Jackstone pic in that article lol

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tide posted:

Anyway, are you saying that Amazon doesn't pay tax, period, or they just don't pay sales tax to the state in which the product was ordered from? Both? Because if it's simply sales tax, why would they fight that? I am temporarily ignoring that me having to pay a sales tax on goods from Amazon would make it somewhere in the neighborhood as what I would pay locally (depending on what it is, of course)? Because they wouldn't be paying the sales tax, I would.

Generally speaking, if a business has some form of physical location in a state, they're required to charge sales tax to people ordering from within that state.

They had a couple of distribution centers in Texas, but never charged anyone in TX sales tax. The state came in and said "hey, pay up, you owe us $269 million", so they closed up shop and left instead of paying.

Making it even better: they came back to Texas, under the condition that the state not try to collect the back taxes, as long as they collected sales tax from TX residents in the future.

Reuters posted:

In exchange for Amazon's promise to collect future taxes, create at least 2,500 jobs and make at least $200 million in capital investments in the Lone Star state, Combs [Texas State Comptroller] is dropping the demand for back taxes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/27/net-us-amazon-tax-sales-idUSBRE83Q1D320120427

Geoj posted:

Was it one of the catastrophic "insurance in name only" plans that would pay for a trial size bottle of aspirin and three band-aids before you hit your annual limit plans that conservatives bitched about losing to great length when the ACA was passed?

If I remember right it had a $3000 deductible. I don't remember much else about it, except it was a PPO, and I had to sign a statement agreeing that it didn't meet the standards of the affordable care act, and that they had been granted an exemption because a plan that did meet the standards would cost too much for the employees.

And yeah, it had a pretty low annual limit (25k? 50k?).

:laffo:

That's how I feel trying to deliver in rush hour.

Mooseykins posted:

And my local one usually gets confused if you order a half and half pizza, and you end up with two pizzas.

Once ordered 4 pizzas, 3 were half and half. We went to pick them up and my mate came back with 7 pizzas. Somehow they couldn't work it out and just made us 7 (large) pizzas instead of 4. (And we only paid the price of 4.)

Easy answer: the cooks were stoned as poo poo. The kitchen tickets (or if it's a fancy store, the make screens) clearly show half and half. :colbert:

The only time that happens at the stores I've worked at is when everyone is high. We usually wind up just making another one for the other half and giving the customer both though, and charge the original quoted price. It would have gone in the garbage otherwise.

88h88 posted:

I actually had one for the first time in 3 or so years recently. I felt a longing for greasy pizza so we ended up in a Pizza Hut. I ordered a dirty cheese crust pepperoni monstrosity and when it came out I was actually disappointed. It wasn't the greasy mess I desired but a much more upmarket pizza which didn't have the distinctive taste of a greaseball Pizza Hut.

They've been trying to go "upmarket" for almost a year.

SUPER SECRET CORPORATE INFO: They're actively trying to attract a younger demographic; their typical customer, according to the presentation I had to sit through, is 55+, while Papa John's and Domino's attract a much younger crowd. They've changed the way they make pizzas, changed existing specialty pizzas, added tons of new ones, and added a lot of options, plus changed the dough recipes.

Mooseykins posted:

Unless it's stuffed crust, i don't even eat it. Pizza hut used to do great stuffed crust then changed it a while ago and then it was gross. Dominos seem to have stopped doing their cheese & bacon stuffed crust, which was loving awesome, but did make me burp like crazy for the 5+ hours after eating it.

Papa John's stuffed crust is pretty sexual. I'm craving that poo poo pretty bad right now.

Papa John's doesn't do stuffed crust here. Pizza Hut has bacon and cheese stuffed crust (in the US at least), but to me it tastes more like chemical and less like bacon.

They haven't changed their normal stuffed crust in several years. :confused: It's actually made with mozzarella string cheese. What did change about a year ago was the dough recipe, but it's still made from a large hand tossed style, with the cheese rolled into the edges.

Tide posted:

That really only works in terms of the govt getting their "fair" share if people don't use cash. Transactions between individuals would happen with cash and go unreported.

You act as if anyone who receives tips actually reports every penny they get. :laffo:

Apparently Texas no longer allows you to pay taxes on what you actually paid for a private party vehicle, they go by book value now. Even if it's a pile of poo poo that barely runs that you paid $500 for.

Mooseykins posted:

Unless it's stuffed crust, i don't even eat it. Pizza hut used to do great stuffed crust then changed it a while ago and then it was gross. Dominos seem to have stopped doing their cheese & bacon stuffed crust, which was loving awesome, but did make me burp like crazy for the 5+ hours after eating it.

Papa John's stuffed crust is pretty sexual. I'm craving that poo poo pretty bad right now.

Papa John's doesn't do stuffed crust here. Pizza Hut has bacon and cheese stuffed crust (in the US at least), but to me it tastes more like chemical and less like bacon.

They haven't changed their normal stuffed crust in several years. :confused: It's actually made with mozzarella string cheese. What did change about a year ago was the dough recipe, but it's still made from a large hand tossed style, with the cheese rolled into the edges.

Tide posted:

That really only works in terms of the govt getting their "fair" share if people don't use cash. Transactions between individuals would happen with cash and go unreported.

You act as if anyone who receives tips actually reports every penny they get. :laffo:

Apparently Texas no longer allows you to pay taxes on what you actually paid for a private party vehicle, they go by book value now. Even if it's a pile of poo poo that barely runs that you paid $500 for.

Darchangel posted:

No poo poo! I'm 45 now, 46 in September. I know us 40+ are in the minority here...

Also, when you tithe, you're giving a percentage of your SALARY. When you're tipping, it's a percentage of the bill. Not even close to the same thing, you stupid gently caress.

I had you pegged closer to 40 when I met you. Mind blown.

My church just asks for whatever you can spare, and if you can't spare anything, no big deal. They don't say "hey we expect you to give us X percent!". But it's one o dem liberal churches that accepts the gays, atheists, pagans, etc (Unitarian Universalist).

Darchangel posted:

edit: If you're in Dallas, i Fratelli's has the most awesome pizza sauce I've ever encountered. Crust is good, too.

Angelo & Vito's is pretty good, but they're down to 2 locations. One of them is walking distance from home though. Brooklyn's is a spinoff from them, nicer restaurants and the same menu, but they don't make everything fresh.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Hey guys, I just found this in PYF and need to share it. However, I need to share it because for the first time since probably my days on Stile Project and Rotten, it got an audible oh god no no no out of me. I want to stress something. There is practically no blood here, the man lived, but it is one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen and that being said, you have been warned that this is pretty loving hosed.

That looks like it stung more than a bit. But I think I've been spending too much time in /r/WTF, that didn't even get a gasp out of me. :iiam:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

This is incredible. :aaaaa:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

some texas redneck posted:

That looks like it stung more than a bit. But I think I've been spending too much time in /r/WTF, that didn't even get a gasp out of me. :iiam:

I PREFER TO HAVE MY PENETRATING WOUNDS IN THAT AREA BE BY CHOICE

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I'm sitting here still thinking about which organs he punctured and wondering how many surgeries it took to patch that poor dude up.

Looks like he probably kept both of the "boys" though.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

14 INCH SLIT posted:

gently caress pizza chat

Yeah I just took a big poo poo too

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'm sitting here still thinking about which organs he punctured and wondering how many surgeries it took to patch that poor dude up.

Looks like he probably kept both of the "boys" though.

And all that area exposed to whatever was on that rod opening him up to massive infection.

Hope his tetanus shot was up to date :ohdear:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Would someone make me an Audi or VW Mad Max Avatar? Something silly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SFH1989 posted:

Was going to post exactly this. I don't know why any of the national chain places exist here. There's an awesome little pizza place just a five minute walk from my house or I can drive ten minutes to a Pepe's. If I really want to I can drive 45 minutes to New Haven and have what ever awesome pizza I want. I've never been to Sally's or Bar and I need to fix that. Modern Apizza is my current personal favorite for the New Haven area.

I went to the Dertiot Belle Isle GP this weekend and had great time despite the lovely weather.

Stadium Super Trucks is the most :black101: race series.

On the way to my friends apartment I saw Dodge finishing up an order for Holdbrooks.

I need to see Fury Road in the theater again while I have the chance.
Oh hey! I was there too and it was cool + good.

Michigoons UNITE

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

14 INCH SLIT posted:

OhGodFUCKNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dear LORD 14" description is utterly right and I want to sit in a corner and whimper.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

That said that is utterly amazing at the same time. Horrifying, but amazing.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm a bit behind in classes thanks to the whole hospital bit, so I was the last one who hadn't taken the 801 A+ exam. I was nervous, but blew through it in about 15 minutes, and passed with a good bit of headroom (passing score is 675, I scored 800). When I walked out of the test room, my instructor happened to be walking by. He stared, and said "you're already done?"

The 802 portion of A+ covers a lot more than I expected, and the practice tests have been giving me trouble. Never figured I'd have any issues with A+. But hopefully I'll get that knocked out on Tuesday. A handful of people in the class have failed it on the first (and second) attempt.

The class has moved on to MTA Networking Fundamentals (for all of 2 weeks, then Network+). I'm falling asleep watching the videos, and I'm pretty sure I can blow through that cert right now and likely pass it - one person in the class already has. The only parts that have been covered so far that I wasn't 100% down with are the OSI model (never cared enough to know it) and class A and B private IP ranges.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 4, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

1500quidporsche posted:

Things I learned at my Condo AGM:

1. People in my building are loving idiots and don't understand simple accounting. Thanks low income part of town
2. Basically one guy is saving the entire board from being garbage.
3. Nobody actually wants to saving this condo from being garbage other than the board, they'd rather have the building look like poo poo than pay deal with a 13% condo fee increase.

What 90% of people living in an HOA or condo's don't seem to get is that normally it's the loving crazy people that want to be on the board. If you don't get involved yourself, it will absolutely be run by crazy people. I've been fighting that battle for loving years now, got on the board, and am now president, and if I wasn't willing to put up with an absolutely amazing level of stupid/crazy, the lunatics absolutely would be running the asylum, at which point, god only knows what sort of stupid hosed up rules and financial stupidity we'd have to pay for.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

The Locator posted:

What 90% of people living in an HOA or condo's don't seem to get is that normally it's the loving crazy people that want to be on the board.

This is true of any board/committee situation that doesn't involve you getting paid mondo bux in a corporate environment. No one in their right mind would actively choose to be sitting in some room discussing bullshit rather than doing anything else. Sadly, yes - the result is that things like HOAs end up with the wild shitshow frizz-haired wierdos making rules.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Going camping on Friday and I'm so stoked for it. Just did a gear check on the tent, bag, and air mattress. all three are good. Now I just have to find the rest of my stuff. I'm going to bring SO MANY BEERS.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Deeters posted:

If you go into a pizza place and there isn't a fat, sweaty Italian cook yelling at someone, turn around because the pizza will be bad.

My local pizza of choice is run by just that. They have bocce courts out back. It's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Bocce is the poo poo. That and horseshoes are my yard games of choice. Cornhole is legit too.

• Locked thread