Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

beefnoodle posted:

Summer thunderstorm season is almost upon us.

How much? We have Pepco in my area and they are well known for being lovely in storms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Crain posted:

How much? We have Pepco in my area and they are well known for being lovely in storms.

http://amzn.to/1FuPDXf

Amazon's got them currently at $207. They are nice little units, and are really beneficial if you live somewhere like Pepco's service area or anyplace with a lot of above ground powerlines.

And while I'm here, just picked up these two beauties. Because gently caress you crabs.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Untagged posted:

http://amzn.to/1FuPDXf

Amazon's got them currently at $207. They are nice little units, and are really beneficial if you live somewhere like Pepco's service area or anyplace with a lot of above ground powerlines.

Yep, that's the price I paid. Thanks for covering for me ;)

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Geoj posted:

The ACA severely reeled in what you can buy with FSA. Pretty much everything that isn't a prescription was removed from the list, whereas previously you could pretty much buy anything over the counter that was vaguely health care related.

If you could get your doctor to somehow justify needing a bicycle you might be able to pull it off but I wouldn't bet on it.

If your FSA/HSA benefits expire at the end of the year speak with your physician about getting prescriptions for OTC products. All kinds of stuff in most pharmacies has what's referred to as NDC codes on it which is what we use to bill insurances. These products will likely be excluded from your prescription coverage but having an association with an NDC code will allow us to process them as a prescription and assign a prescription number to them which will allow your flex cards to pay for them.

Don't just check for medications. Things like Breathe-Right strips have NDC codes. Lots of first aid products do as well. If it doesn't have an NDC code and your pharmacist isn't busy ask them if they have time to tease it out from the barcode on the product. Hell, our computer system will find a lot of them by name. Don't leave money on the table!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

beefnoodle posted:

Summer thunderstorm season is almost upon us.
I have a CyberPower UPS (not this same model but a very similar one) that I got after my PC got fried during a power outage and it has saved me from so much worry in the past year and a half or so. The power's gone out at my house a few times since getting the thing but none of the electronics I have hooked up to it have been damaged as a result. One of the better $150 products I've bought in recent memory.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:snoop: :eyepop: :catdrugs:

Got a 10/15/20 year old cheddar tasting today. Goddamn.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just spent $345 to change my Alaska Airlines flight from Thursday, June 4 to Friday, June 5. All this because my mom's neurologist just happened to have an opening for an appointment open up and my sister pressured me to take Mom in while I'm still in the state. :mad:

I think I'll walk over to the local liquor store & buy some alcoholic stress relief. Pics may follow

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Android Bicyclist posted:

Just spent $345 to change my Alaska Airlines flight from Thursday, June 4 to Friday, June 5. All this because my mom's neurologist just happened to have an opening for an appointment open up and my sister pressured me to take Mom in while I'm still in the state. :mad:

I think I'll walk over to the local liquor store & buy some alcoholic stress relief. Pics may follow

Sounds like your sister owes you half of that at least. Or maybe a nice aged whiskey? or whisky or fuckit whatever just drink

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Casu Marzu posted:

I would have went for wine instead, but gently caress that, tell me about the cheese.
:allears:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

I would have went for wine instead, but gently caress that, tell me about the cheese.

Second. That cheese looks amazing.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Yeah that cheese looks so orange.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Ultimate Mango posted:

Second. That cheese looks amazing.

The 10 year old is super tangy and kinda crumbly and kinda punches you in the face. Pretty standard old, awesome cheddar.

15 year gets you into super huge salt crystal formation so it's crumbly around the crunchy salty bits. It's smoother, but definitely has that sharp cheddar tangyness still.

The 20 year old is a whole different beast. It's got the telltale salt crystals that all good, old cheddars have, but they were a lot smaller and the cheese wasn't too crumbly. In fact, when it warmed up a bit, I could pretty much spread it on a cracker. This is a fukkin cheese, man. It's got that great cheddar flavor, but the aftertaste is pure umami, like you stuck your finger in a jar of MSG and licked it. One bite was enough to coat my mouth in flavor for like 5 minutes. If this poo poo wasn't $200/lb, I would eat so much of it.

Edit: All three cheeses came from Hook's who have been making baller rear end cheese for a long time. I have 4 different cheese of theirs in the fridge right now. :dong:

They always have 12-15yo cheese for sale, but every so often they'll release something special in the 17-20 year range. Owns so hard.

Casu Marzu has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Jun 4, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Casu Marzu posted:

Soooo, did they just not offer a "canned" option or did you decline it?

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Casu Marzu posted:

Sup cheese buddy.

Got some local cheeses paired with craft beer.
From left to right: Plymouth Artisan Red, White, and Blue. Champlain Valley Triple Cream and a five year cheddar I forgot the name of.

The Red, White, and Blue was by far my favorite, perfect balance of salty, peppery, and creamy with a nice sharp finish. Went excellent with the oatmeal stout. The Triple Cream was very smooth and spread almost like warm butter. The cheddar was good, but nothing special.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

-CHA posted:

Sup cheese buddy.

Got some local cheeses paired with craft beer.
From left to right: Plymouth Artisan Red, White, and Blue. Champlain Valley Triple Cream and a five year cheddar I forgot the name of.

The Red, White, and Blue was by far my favorite, perfect balance of salty, peppery, and creamy with a nice sharp finish. Went excellent with the oatmeal stout. The Triple Cream was very smooth and spread almost like warm butter. The cheddar was good, but nothing special.

:hfive: gently caress yeah, cheese.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I live pretty close to Hook's Cheese (just a short drive from Mineral Point) but there's no way I'd drop 200 bones on a block of cheddar... but there's a gently caress ton of great cheese making in the region. The only limburger producer in America is a short drive from Mineral Point, over in Monroe :science:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I bought 80 billion of these.

It's beer yeast, specifically a vial of the yeast used to make Heady Topper. I also bought some wild yeast for my first sour

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Totally TWISTED posted:

Sounds like your sister owes you half of that at least. Or maybe a nice aged whiskey? or whisky or fuckit whatever just drink

I would ask for compensation, but then my sister would throw it back in my face by mentioning she's been taking care of Mom for the last 5 years without my lazy rear end helping in any significant way.
Drama involving sick family members can be the worst sometimes. :smith:

Related content: I am a cheap drunk.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Android Bicyclist posted:

Related content: I am a cheap drunk.

You are a cheap drunk. I can't quite make out the label, but it looks like it's full of weasel-words - "Vodka-type spirit drink!"

I guess you just spent a fortune to change a ticket - you're excused. :ussr:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Teach posted:

You are a cheap drunk. I can't quite make out the label, but it looks like it's full of weasel-words - "Vodka-type spirit drink!"

I guess you just spent a fortune to change a ticket - you're excused. :ussr:

If you've never tried popov...don't. That bottle right there probably cost 2-3 dollars and that should tell you all you need to know. I still would drink it, though.

On a related alcohol note, I decided to get a small departing gift for my postdoc advisor - a bottle of good (I think) Vieille Prune. I hate the stuff but he likes it so..

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 07:12 on Jun 4, 2015

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Sometimes I'll pick up a little bottle of Karkov, just to relive my dorm days. Same basic quality, I reckon.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

good ol' pukeov vodka.

this was truly the stuff of nightmares though, made worse by having to do PT at 5:30AM the morning after.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Tres Burritos posted:

Yeah that cheese looks so orange.

I find it weird that Wisconsin dyes their cheese.

Cheddar is NOT naturally that color!

(Ok, I know SOME cheese can be naturally CLOSE to that color, depending on breed of cow and what they eat and where they eat it...but that's not the case here.)

Also, VT cheese 4 lyfe, gently caress a badger.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Jun 4, 2015

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Vier posted:

+

Now if EE will hurry up and transfer my number over from Virgin Mobile :(

I ended up getting a second hand iphone 5 to replace my 4s that I dropped in coffee. Hadn't heard of Spigen cases but I definitely went and picked one up after seeing your post. Thanks!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

KabukiJoe posted:

I ended up getting a second hand iphone 5 to replace my 4s that I dropped in coffee. Hadn't heard of Spigen cases but I definitely went and picked one up after seeing your post. Thanks!

Spigen cases are great for the money. I've had mine on my iPhone 6 since launch and it's been excellent so far.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If your handle of vodka costs over 9 dollars you are doing it wrong

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

SaltLick posted:

If your handle of vodka costs over 9 dollars you are doing it wrong

this is worth the $30 for a handle

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Murphy Brownback posted:

On a related alcohol note, I decided to get a small departing gift for my postdoc advisor - a bottle of good (I think) Vieille Prune. I hate the stuff but he likes it so..

How can you hate that nectar of the gods? I mean dislike ok I'll accept that, but really hating it?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

I find it weird that Wisconsin dyes their cheese.

Cheddar is NOT naturally that color!

(Ok, I know SOME cheese can be naturally CLOSE to that color, depending on breed of cow and what they eat and where they eat it...but that's not the case here.)

Also, VT cheese 4 lyfe, gently caress a badger.

:rolleyes:

CaseFace McGee posted:

I live pretty close to Hook's Cheese (just a short drive from Mineral Point) but there's no way I'd drop 200 bones on a block of cheddar... but there's a gently caress ton of great cheese making in the region. The only limburger producer in America is a short drive from Mineral Point, over in Monroe :science:

gently caress yeah there's a lot of great cheese in Wisconsin.

This was definitely the most expensive meal I've had in months. Probably wasn't worth it but whatever.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Yay! Cheese chat! :dance:

I had two really good ones from Tulip Tree Creamery and a 12 month cheddar from Aldi.

Trillium: A triple cream, mold ripened cheese inspired by the French classics — Camembert and Brie. It has a soft creamy texture, with rich smooth flavors and gentle lactic tones. It ages three to eight weeks, ripening gracefully from the outside to the center.

Nettle: a fresh cheese, similar in texture to Chevre, made with cows milk. Very mild and velvety texture and covered with mint, sage & nettle leaves on the ouside for a super fresh finish. Perfect for a picnic!

djfooboo has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Jun 4, 2015

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

How can you hate that nectar of the gods? I mean dislike ok I'll accept that, but really hating it?

I confess I only had it once, and I think I was mentally predisposed to not liking it because I hate anything to do with prunes in non-alcohol form. My palate was a little screwed up at the time after eating a shitload of cheese fondue as well. Maybe I'll give it another shot some time.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

drat those cheeses look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etm-qfx3Gok

content:

these were on sale and came with movie bucks to see the new one

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Juwel Rio 400. for fish!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

drat those cheeses look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etm-qfx3Gok

content:

these were on sale and came with movie bucks to see the new one

Is The Lost World worth revisiting? I remember it being terrible when it came out.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Two Kings posted:

Is The Lost World worth revisiting? I remember it being terrible when it came out.

It has some dumb aspects (mainly Jeff Goldblum) but I still like it enough to enjoy it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Two Kings posted:

I remember it fondly because my mother was too scared by it and had to leave the theater when we went to see it (during that weird gymnastics part with the raptors). It has it's good parts but overall it's nothing compared to the first...and yet, it's MUCH better than the third, so it has that going for it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Vier posted:

Juwel Rio 400. for fish!

Ooooh, what you putting in it?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I didn't realize cheese enthusiasts existed until today. Are you cheese people as insufferable as craft beer people?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I didn't realize cheese enthusiasts existed

Were you born yesterday, or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I didn't realize cheese enthusiasts existed until today. Are you cheese people as insufferable as craft beer people?

They are somewhere in between the wine snobs and the beer ones, in my opinion.