Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

its ok to like a game without gobbling it's balls

i enjoy archeage but I know why ppl are saying it's terrible because it does have a lot of poo poo that's hugely retarded about it, as in, the game itself

may u find peace with ur self and all ur gaming days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

also learn to take a joke you blubbery sperg emperor

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

A Spider Covets posted:

its ok to like a game without gobbling it's balls

i enjoy archeage but I know why ppl are saying it's terrible because it does have a lot of poo poo that's hugely retarded about it, as in, the game itself

may u find peace with ur self and all ur gaming days

Yeah, no-one who went through that intro with the pirates attacking and poo poo should have any illusions about what kind of game is waiting here.

Here's what I remember, for the people without bad taste currently playing other games:

Archeage Intro, or at least one of them? Are there more? posted:

-First some dude invades your home and babbles nonsense.

-Then you're suddenly joining up with Captain Blackbird to fight other pirates or something, I dunno.

-Even if you'd made a mage during character creation, your character gets the shiniest plate armor

-If you made a woman, that armor has a giant hole in it so the enemy can kill you faster

-The dudes you signed up with are all cursed with helmets completely obstructing their view.

-One of them has shades instead, what the gently caress? Probably a mad scientist. Another bad sign.

-Your shining band of blind retards then gets their asses kicked by other pirates and you end up on some random coast.

-While trying to invade your ancient homeland of Idontgetafuckistan (which is luckily for you, right at that coast you washed up on), you go and try your hand at scouting and laying siege to some random castle.

-You scout so shittily you somehow miss an entire loving second army hiding inside the castle.

-Your half-drowned band of shiny, blind retards gets their asses kicked a second time. So hard in fact, even Captain Blackbird can't take this poo poo anymore and he dies in your arms.

-The drugs you took a day before suddenly start working and you get a bad trip.

-You wake up: It Was All Just A Dream.

Then the game starts and you're lucky if that confusing mess didn't make you forget the only good part: You learned some things about basic game control.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 28, 2015

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

Also, Archeage is a bad game.

Furthermore,

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Libluini posted:

Yeah, no-one who went through that intro with the pirates attacking and poo poo should have any illusions about what kind of game is waiting here.

Here's what I remember, for the people without bad taste currently playing other games:

Cat people just kept it simple, with your coming of age ceremonies getting interrupted by assholes, you getting all but exiled for killing an rear end in a top hat tribesman, then you setting off to figure out why those assholes are such assholes and to stop them from being assholes.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

Cat people just kept it simple, with your coming of age ceremonies getting interrupted by assholes, you getting all but exiled for killing an rear end in a top hat tribesman, then you setting off to figure out why those assholes are such assholes and to stop them from being assholes.

I'm playing as a cat mage! All that poo poo came before the coming of age ceremonies crap.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
When did they add that? During the "beta" weekends and launch, it was just a background lore dump, then you woke up in your tent.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

When did they add that? During the "beta" weekends and launch, it was just a background lore dump, then you woke up in your tent.

No idea. :shrug: I only learned of Archeage by occasionally reading this thread, many months after the game went life.

Now imagine a weird guy breaking into your bedroom, flapping his mouth like a dying fish, while a German voice is droning on about magic portals.

This is my experience. :allears:

Instead of a tent, it's now a tree your mage cat hangs out in, then she backflips off to the ground and the game starts proper.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Finally gonna have a non-chromebook computer, 2 years after my last compooter stopped working (rip, had that thing for 8 years). I' was following this game before release and super hyped for it. Excited to see if its as bad as some of you say because goddamn it sounded good! Looking forward to playin with ya all

It's good timing on my part because my schedule is finally mellowing out

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

sick af glider

too bad i no longer play :sigh:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Which guild does everyone belong to now? On Aranzeb, I'm guessing. Which side?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I patched my game yesterday. Looked at my character that atrophied 4 months ago. No land, no mail, no idea where I left my quests. Felt free to start fresh.

I processed 2000 mushrooms and 400 cultivated ginsing I had in my bank into stacks of medicinal powder and logged off. How do I get back into this lovely lovely game?

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

How do I get back into this lovely lovely game?

Post server, side, and most active guild please.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No kidding. I'd like to get into a Goon group, too, but nobody seems to even have the slightest idea what that'd be right now.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
there are no goons playing this game and neither should you. run. run away and never look back

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Anime-girl Hitler exists at least. We can enjoy that together as a group. :unsmith:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you know what's a better game than this and going f2p? wildstpfahahahaha, i'm pulling your leg, don't play that lovely game either

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you have a choice between Archeage and Wildstar kill yourself instead. No, really. :smith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

I patched my game yesterday. Looked at my character that atrophied 4 months ago. No land, no mail, no idea where I left my quests. Felt free to start fresh.

I processed 2000 mushrooms and 400 cultivated ginsing I had in my bank into stacks of medicinal powder and logged off. How do I get back into this lovely lovely game?

actual answer

you dont

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
After the launch we had more than a thousand members in the goon guild. Now there isn't a goon guild.

And not without good reason.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I quit like 5 or 6 months ago right after the main goon guild dissolved, and we were averaging single digits to maybe a dozen people online towards the end. I'd be amazed if there's more than 3 or 4 goons together in any one place right now. So anyone that hates themselves enough to play this game is going to be playing with pubbies.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its amazing how quick the guild fell apart

even among goon guilds I dont think I've ever seen one blow up that quick and with that much drama

im glad of it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

it was so great you're spending your time trolling crowfall forums chasing that high you got from the bfm pedophile fishing alliances clusterfuck

and I can understand chasing that high because that was some good poo poo

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
There was a couple days where part of the guild was trolling the fishing goons hard, that was actually fun.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Are more goons on Aranzeb playing on the Nuian or cat people side? I'm guessing Nuian.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

There was a couple days where part of the guild was trolling the fishing goons hard, that was actually fun.

man that owned really hard i remember that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

man that owned really hard i remember that

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Charles Bukowski posted:

I loved when Kimsemus was forced out of the guild and about a dozen of us also left, created a guild suspiciously similarly named after the original guild and started pirating fishermen as hard as possible. Then the guild imploded and everyone was invited back 2 days later.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

remember when kimsemus went and pvped in an open PvP zone against reds and then dabigredboat and other EVE SUPREME GENERAL SHITLORD players went and got him kicked from the EVE corp and from Star Citizen because :siren: FISHING PACTS :siren:

lol

I like that because of this "fishing pacts" is a meme across many games.

I don't know who that goon was that got so enraged over us killing pubbies he white noised the microphone in front of 50 people, but he's the real hero in all of this.

We did get blessed with terrible EVE goons like this though:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 5, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I still don't really understand what happened in the Great Goon Fishing incident. But I do know Kimsemus, that if you created a blood feud among Archeage goons over something as comical and trivial and Fishing Code of Conduct then you're a hero and I salute you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You seem to forget I was an EVE director

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Please post all of those screenshots in the star citizen thread I would except I can't post there for another month

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Boat is a 'goon hero'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who is gicer on SA I want to make fin of him in the EVE thread

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eonwe posted:

Boat is a 'goon hero'

He's the hero we deserve. :negative:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
...that is actually...pretty true

gently caress

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Excuse me, I think you seem to have forgotten your place pleb. You see I'm a fishing rock director.

Eonwe posted:

Who is gicer on SA I want to make fin of him in the EVE thread

Also this.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
best part about all of this is i get to buy kimsemus a beer when he finally gets his rear end out here. we'll make a toast to "fishing pacts" and then never speak of it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
i mine internet rocks really efficiently you'd better watch out for me fucker!!

• Locked thread