Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I feel like if monsters had some ranged banding and squirrel 0 hp healers could move units from one zone to another, they would be in better places. But as of right now, Nilf and North are top dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Booya posted:

If you go over your max you start losing health really fast. If you get close to the max you get really annoying screen effects and Geralt looks like a sith lord

I already know the answer is probably 'no', but is there a way to make Geralt look like this all the time? There's something really hilarious to me about entering a cutscene with super high toxicity and Geralt's puttin all the smooth moves on the ladies while he looks like a corpse with varicose veins.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the closest to that is dosing up before you enter a sexy times cutscene. As far as I can tell the toxicity timer pauses when you're in a conversation.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Regarding the pesta I don't seem to remember a dialog option where you could question Annabelle's story. Did I miss it?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Thunderbro posted:

I killed that dude it was like a level 48 Archgriffin. The loot is generic bullshit.

The one on the island in the north of Skellige?

I'm still curious to see what the sparklies are. Means there's a quest letter or something.

Edit: Wonder if the fact that the level range in this game is so high means the DLC expansions may be post game. Though I guess it pretty must has to be post game or during the 6 months between TW2 and TW3 at this point.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Baron Bifford posted:

Regarding the pesta I don't seem to remember a dialog option where you could question Annabelle's story. Did I miss it?

If you examined the various ghost stories with the lamp, then you should have a prompt to ask her about a monster in the tower. You can start questioning her story and distrusting her from there.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So one of the frustrations I had with the ending was that The ending illustrations didn't say what happened with Dandelion and Priscilla, Triss, the Lodge, Zoltan, and many of the other characters. Which was a bit surprising.

Yet I was listening to a podcast where the person was saying that in his playthrough those illustrations for those characters were actually there.

So did I just get this weird glitch where I was supposed to see ending illustrations for these characters but didn't?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

If you examined the various ghost stories with the lamp, then you should have a prompt to ask her about a monster in the tower. You can start questioning her story and distrusting her from there.

Speaking of which, is there a list of places in the open world with ghost lamp things? I found one far to the south near a chest guarded by a level 20+ elemental but nothing else.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Yeah, the only issue I had is that the quest text seems to conflict with what Geralt actually says. As I mentioned before he was fully aware that Annabelle was a Pesta, but Dandelion's writing made it seem as if he'd been tricked - even though I never took anything of hers from the island, and warned Graham of such. It doesn't seem to make any difference in the long run though.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

m.hache posted:

Yep. Things going wonky through the client?

Sorry for replying so late, I went to sleep.
I'm having the same problem and I'm also playing through Galaxy and also using GTX 970. Saw a thread on the witcher 3 forums about an update to the Galaxy client that hosed something up so it's probably that. Hope they release a patch or fix.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

This witcher contact where I have to guide a sheep to a nest might be the worst thing in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Conversely, guiding a goat to a pen is probably the best thing I've done so far. Those strawberries are probably the hardest boss I've fought.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Foxhound posted:

Sorry for replying so late, I went to sleep.
I'm having the same problem and I'm also playing through Galaxy and also using GTX 970. Saw a thread on the witcher 3 forums about an update to the Galaxy client that hosed something up so it's probably that. Hope they release a patch or fix.

After I got the new DLC (via Galaxy) my game kept crashing before it would even pop up. I found a forum post that says to delete 5 files from \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

These 5:

quote:

dxgi.dll
d3d11.dll
xinput1_3wrapper.dll
dinput8.dll
xinput1_3.dll

After I Deleted them the game plays fine again. And I deleted the whole drat game and re-downloaded it just in case it was a mod or something loving it all up.

*Edit*
I don't have a GTX 970. Mine is a GTX 660 Ti.

Turk fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 4, 2015

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Are the books worth reading? Wild Hunt is the first Witcher game I've played and I'm curious about the book series now.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

slev posted:

This witcher contact where I have to guide a sheep to a nest might be the worst thing in the game.

Really? Use Axii and it'll just follow you.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
just killed a man in the sewers for magic the gathering cards

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

and in the game

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Pretty big bug I found in the quest Payback, if you choose to help Ciri and the mummer steal the horses they need from the greedy merchant, the ledge you have to climb up to get inside the stables is, as far as I've found, broken and can't be climbed. Which really loving sucks because the only other way to end that quest is a huge bummer and really sad and mean and I didn't want to do it just to continue on in the story. :(

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sankis posted:

Speaking of which, is there a list of places in the open world with ghost lamp things? I found one far to the south near a chest guarded by a level 20+ elemental but nothing else.

I haven't gone back to double check, but I swear I saw the green glow by a noon/nightwraith in south Velen by that town that's burning and filled with wraiths. I was too low to fight it so I didn't get to check it out before running away.

There's also an old lady yellow exclamation by a bridge on the horse racing course near the Baron's fortress. She starts a short quest with an awesome end. :3

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Regarding some stuff in Freya's garden:

Is the sign of Freya written in blood and the dismembered arm part of any quest?

Also when you fight the wearwolf and defeat him, is the text option to kill him actually supposed to end the quest? I thought he couldn't actually die unless you lift the curse

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Pretty big bug I found in the quest Payback, if you choose to help Ciri and the mummer steal the horses they need from the greedy merchant, the ledge you have to climb up to get inside the stables is, as far as I've found, broken and can't be climbed. Which really loving sucks because the only other way to end that quest is a huge bummer and really sad and mean and I didn't want to do it just to continue on in the story. :(

What does the other choices on that quest do? I just went along with the heist to be supportive, but I was still feeling like encourage casual theft was not the best decision.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Slashrat posted:

What does the other choices on that quest do? I just went along with the heist to be supportive, but I was still feeling like encourage casual theft was not the best decision.

The only other option is to refuse to help them and that triggers a fistfight between you and the guy that wanted to steal the horses. Makes you look like a huge dick and I'm legitimately thinking of hanging things up until this is fixed because I feel like an rear end.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
It's rainin', it's pourin'! Emperor Emyhr is snorin'! He bumped his head when he went to bed and wet himself come mornin'!

edit: Oh yeah, also, King's do the fighting. Peasants do the dying.

Damo fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 4, 2015

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
so did they change Triss's VA from the witcher 2? i swear she didn't sound this bad in the last game :confused:

also is the new patch out yet, would like to continue playing this game but worried about hitting the XP bug

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of the patch, am I going to have to start my game over when I install it? I recall there was a pop up at the very beginning of the game that said something about saves being incompatible with other versions or something or other, but I was in the middle of hitting A to navigate a menu when it popped up and so I accidentally skipped the prompt before I could read it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Antoine Silvere posted:

so did they change Triss's VA from the witcher 2? i swear she didn't sound this bad in the last game :confused:

also is the new patch out yet, would like to continue playing this game but worried about hitting the XP bug

The new patch probably won't be out until next week. It's a holiday in Poland plus the brand new graphics drivers rolled out as well, so it looks like they're holding off. Or holding off for other reasons, I don't know.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Turk posted:

After I got the new DLC (via Galaxy) my game kept crashing before it would even pop up. I found a forum post that says to delete 5 files from \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

These 5:

After I Deleted them the game plays fine again. And I deleted the whole drat game and re-downloaded it just in case it was a mod or something loving it all up.

*Edit*
I don't have a GTX 970. Mine is a GTX 660 Ti.

Thanks I'll try it when I get home from work.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I did that quest recently and that issue wasn't there for me. Maybe try a fast travel to another map such as Skellige and back to see if that resets and fixes it for you.
I get a bug where all the water and weather effects disappear but a reload like that fixes it up.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
What's the proper oil for fighting the Wild Hunt?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Check your bestiary. The tab an enemy is under is the same as the oil you want to use against them. Plus, it'll show weaknesses. If they aren't in the bestiary, they don't have a weakness to exploit. I would assume they just count as regular human (well, elf to be precise) enemies except for the fact that you need your silver sword instead of your steel one to fight them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The correct oil to use against the hunt would be your own tears of panic fear but unfortunately you can't apply those to your blades in this game.

edit: The hunt is really not all that bad from what I've seen so far. Granted I'm not extremely far into the game but so far avoiding them and the few times I've had to fight them have been extremely underwhelming given that every character in the game either reacts with "gasp! i thought they didn't exist!" or "gasp! how could you have faced them and lived???". It's like Lord Voldemort syndrome. They get talked up so goddamn much that the actual guys are fairly unimpressive.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

About the quests in Freya's Garden: is it possible to redeem that dude who saved Ciri? I talked to the Jarl on the isle and all he said was something about repaying with blood.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

anatomi posted:

About the quests in Freya's Garden: is it possible to redeem that dude who saved Ciri? I talked to the Jarl on the isle and all he said was something about repaying with blood.

You'll get some pay-off eventually.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

CJacobs posted:

The correct oil to use against the hunt would be your own tears of panic fear but unfortunately you can't apply those to your blades in this game.

edit: The hunt is really not all that bad from what I've seen so far. Granted I'm not extremely far into the game but so far avoiding them and the few times I've had to fight them have been extremely underwhelming given that every character in the game either reacts with "gasp! i thought they didn't exist!" or "gasp! how could you have faced them and lived???". It's like Lord Voldemort syndrome. They get talked up so goddamn much that the actual guys are fairly unimpressive.

According to Witcher 2 the wild hunt mostly ran around as spectral projections and were invincible/came back every time if they were repelled. When in the flesh they're just swole elves in fancy armor, why don't they always use projections? :iiam:

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

According to Witcher 2 the wild hunt mostly ran around as spectral projections and were invincible/came back every time if they were repelled. When in the flesh they're just swole elves in fancy armor, why don't they always use projections? :iiam:

Maybe they need to be their corporeal swole selves to nab Ciri?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CJacobs posted:

But you play as a master swordsman or one of the most powerful magic users in the world, and you mostly hang out with ancient and powerful sorceresses. Most people are freaked out by dragons and vampires but Geralt can deal with that too.

I like playing as Ciri. She takes getting used to but once you realize you can chain teleport-attack-attack-teleport to infinity and beyond you can tear enemies apart without taking a hit.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

slev posted:

lol gently caress that was annoying.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

But you play as a master swordsman or one of the most powerful magic users in the world, and you mostly hang out with ancient and powerful sorceresses. Most people are freaked out by dragons and vampires but Geralt can deal with that too.

I like playing as Ciri. She takes getting used to but once you realize you can chain teleport-attack-attack-teleport to infinity and beyond you can tear enemies apart without taking a hit.

More like hold and release the signs button, attack someone while they're staggered to refill your energy and repeat until everything is dead.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

theblackw0lf posted:

So one of the frustrations I had with the ending was that The ending illustrations didn't say what happened with Dandelion and Priscilla, Triss, the Lodge, Zoltan, and many of the other characters. Which was a bit surprising.

Yet I was listening to a podcast where the person was saying that in his playthrough those illustrations for those characters were actually there.

So did I just get this weird glitch where I was supposed to see ending illustrations for these characters but didn't?

yes I am pretty sure there is a glitch that does not display flashback sequences? Wasn't there one for Letho's sidequest? I remember the screen doing a fadeout but then snapping back to the dialogue, with no sequence. it has happened to me a couple times throughout the game so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

More like hold and release the signs button, attack someone while they're staggered to refill your energy and repeat until everything is dead.

:stare: Still haven't finished act 1 but I assumed her sign menu was going to get some new stuff eventually.