Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

His and Her Circumstances is a top tier anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
There are many mangas that might interest you, though. On the yuri front, Collectors is great (though it's more short scenes of a relationship rather than progression or anything), and Girlfriends, of course (it's about 50/50 getting together/being together, as I recall). For straight romance, 3D Kanojo and 14-sai no koi come to mind (though the latter has a creepy side plot with a teacher & student). For yaoi, What Did You Eat Yesterday? is great, and I've been recommended Ichigenme wa Yaruki no Minpou, which seems to be what you're looking for, but I haven't read it yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think it's the only Anno directed thing I've never seen and I should fix that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I think it's the only Anno directed thing I've never seen and I should fix that.

Yes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yandere Kanoujo is pretty great manga wise.

Do not read 14-sai no Koi unless you like watching a creepy teacher grooming a 14 year old boy while the author pretends it's a romance.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh gently caress yeah, I haven't watched the newest Kinmoza yet. That means I get to watch the newest Kinmoza!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Do not read 14-sai no Koi unless you like watching a creepy teacher grooming a 14 year old boy while the author pretends it's a romance.

The main plot's super cute. I can totally get a reader not being able to overlook that side plot, though. It's bad.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
a good romance anime where the guy and the girl actually date is lovely complex.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The main plot's super cute. I can totally get a reader not being able to overlook that side plot, though. It's bad.

I've ignored similar stuff in other series I've otherwise liked but the author makes no attempt to dress it up at all, it's literally presented as a woman creeping on an emotionally unstable boy but we're supposed so see it as romantic for some reason.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just saw this episode myself :munch:. It's really weird considering it's in Durarara X2 and everyone else is relatively normal-looking.
I'm okay with it.

Dude's probably a nobody who never shows up again, but since they gave him that face I'll remember him forever.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Yandere Kanoujo is pretty great manga wise.

oh right ive been meaning to watch yandere kanoujo

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There are many mangas that might interest you, though. On the yuri front, Collectors is great (though it's more short scenes of a relationship rather than progression or anything), and Girlfriends, of course (it's about 50/50 getting together/being together, as I recall). For straight romance, 3D Kanojo and 14-sai no koi come to mind (though the latter has a creepy side plot with a teacher & student). For yaoi, What Did You Eat Yesterday? is great, and I've been recommended Ichigenme wa Yaruki no Minpou, which seems to be what you're looking for, but I haven't read it yet.

i will check this all out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ojojojo is pretty cute too, it's a 4-komo but one with actual plot progression. It used to get pretty regular updates but I haven't seen one in a while. :/

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I will once again experience the joys of a relationship, only this time vicariously through manga. :unsmith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the only way I ever get them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the philosophy debate in the ubw thread is still going

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If I weren't at work I'd go and post Saber's boobs in there or something

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I miss Richard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I miss Richard.
i too, crave dick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

i too, crave dick

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

the philosophy debate in the ubw thread is still going
Don't talk about me behind my back!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ideon sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

there's no bad show starring a dude with a ginger afro

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

i too, crave dick

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

everythingWasBees posted:

I will once again experience the joys of a relationship, only this time vicariously through manga. :unsmith:

Lmao

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I miss Richard.

When you watch sound euphonium just pretend he sits next to you and cheers whenever asuka is on screen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

President Obama will not stand for this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dude789 posted:

President Obama will not stand for this.
what is he going to godzilla, huh? nuke him? you stupid gently caress

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

Obama said knock you out

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

should i watch ideon, hyouka or sayonara zetubou sensei

Wait for the better subs for Ideon and watch the other two in the meantime, imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Welp better wrap it up. I wanted more free time to work on my needlepoint anyway.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

More like Godzooky. That kaiju is tiny.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Srice posted:

Wait for the better subs for Ideon and watch the other two in the meantime, imo.

will those subs finally be able to convey the nuances of a character saying to look to left and the cast looking to right

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

i will check this all out

You should do so immediately after watching Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō, also known as His and Her Circumstances, also known as Kare Kano.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a good couple show is i can't understand what my husband is saying

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

will those subs finally be able to convey the nuances of a character saying to look to left and the cast looking to right

God I hope so.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

If we nuke Japan again maybe we'll get super anime in 30 years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much more anime can anime possibly get

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sakurazuka posted:

How much more anime can anime possibly get
I dunno, let's find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a cute girl was trying to convince me to watch some incest drama romance show or something

idk what else to say about that

• Locked thread