Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Kreczor posted:

Tsu, keep Kreczor in the guild until I figure this out. I have a ticket with them already and will report back on what they're saying when I get a response. I have night sentinel and blazing soul as high level mercs which can help out for trials until they get maxed out on charges.

So far they've given me the same response as the thread which is to force close the game and restart it but that does nothing. Is anyone else in the same boat? :(

Other people seem to have lost their accounts too. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue as myself, you should post on their forum here: http://community.gtarcade.com/forum/2077/

Edit:

Yudo posted:

Great, thanks. I can be patient. This game is a nice addition to my commute repertoire; Heroes Rush didn't do anything for me, oddly, considering this is a clone.

Advice for a new player: should I be saving stones for a 10x pull, or is the consensus to get gear? I like that getting good heroes is a matter of time/waiting for a giveaway. The devs seem to understand that these sort of games need tons of freebees to keep nonwhales playing.

I would focus on unlocking all 6 training slots first, then maybe 2-3 10x gem pulls. Afterwards, start focusing on chests from Angel Trial.

Even without being a whale, you'll find yourself swimming in gems early on. I would recommend getting a monthly pass, it's relatively cheap and will get you VIP1. With the extra gems, I'd spend them on more angel chests, or stamina/gold pulls if needed. There's a lot of different things you can spend gems on, and I'd only argue that a bad purchase would be low tier exp potions if anything... I think.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I bit the bullet and threw 500 gems into the upgrade for the extra guild member slot. You're all set.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

I bit the bullet and threw 500 gems into the upgrade for the extra guild member slot. You're all set.

Thank you! Is there a research project we are focused on?

Kreczor posted:

I would focus on unlocking all 6 training slots first, then maybe 2-3 10x gem pulls. Afterwards, start focusing on chests from Angel Trial.

Even without being a whale, you'll find yourself swimming in gems early on. I would recommend getting a monthly pass, it's relatively cheap and will get you VIP1. With the extra gems, I'd spend them on more angel chests, or stamina/gold pulls if needed. There's a lot of different things you can spend gems on, and I'd only argue that a bad purchase would be low tier exp potions if anything... I think.

I bought the monthly pass and opened up training slot 4. Thanks for the advice.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

lol at how badly we're beating the rest of these chumps

Yudo posted:

Thank you! Is there a research project we are focused on?

more slots and better drill ground XP seem to be pretty popular

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

PRO-TIP: Abuse the gently caress out of your swole friend's mercs when looting hard opponents, and keep in mind that you can quit a losing fight and restart it, much like in the Angel Trial.

Also, what are you guys looking at for second and third string teams?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Also, what are you guys looking at for second and third string teams?

My first team is my main/arena team and then I just kind of throw whatever I have into the second and third string teams. Basically I'm hoping that no one gets past my first team, and if they do they lose enough key guys that they can't beat my second. My second string has some decent heroes on it though. Earthshaker, Soul Slinger, and Ice Queen all at 58-60ish, purple, and 3*. My plan is to put my Amora on the team once I get Athena leveled up enough to take over my angel role on the main squad, and hopefully that should be enough. I don't have a particularly deep roster so I'm betting on most people not being able to get past my main team. My guess is that it matches guilds based on the Guild BR and I'm far enough ahead that I think most people won't be able to get through the first line. If you have a pretty reliable roster I'd think that maybe swapping in a slightly weaker hero to put one of your starters in the second or third row might be a good idea.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
What is the best use of crystals early on?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

One last question:

Somehow I have both Galacia and and Lunaria. Should I be spending angel points buying shards to upgrade their star value?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Yudo posted:

One last question:

Somehow I have both Galacia and and Lunaria. Should I be spending angel points buying shards to upgrade their star value?

No, don't worry about angels until you can get Nyssa, then 3* her ASAP and leave it until you can get Athena. If you want, and have extra, get Lunaria to 2* and leave it, but I would wait for Nyssa.

vulturesrow posted:

What is the best use of crystals early on?

Kreczor posted:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
be the opposite of this guy:

the way he's set up, someone with a team of purples in the low-mid 50s could walk all over him because rounds 1 and 2 would just be free rage, then his good team could be burnt down with a bunch of damage skills

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Huh. Didn't realize Angel Trial ended at 50 until I cleared it today. I guess tomorrow I get to Crush through 25. I also learned there are 15 chests in there, so if you want the 20 chest event reward you need to spend 250 diamonds.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
I bought the monthly pass this morning but haven't gotten poo poo yet. Does it take a day to process? My VIP is still 0, seems odd.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
It should be immediate.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The Hall in guild has a claim button for rewards for us hitting 10/20/40k contrib. Make sure to claim it!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Check your mail

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Check your mail

it shows up under quests, however the quests button doesn't always get the highlight pip immediately

Tsurupettan posted:

The Hall in guild has a claim button for rewards for us hitting 10/20/40k contrib. Make sure to claim it!

we hit the 40k bonus :woop:

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 4, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The fact that you don't have to reset your defenders for the islands makes that a way better feature than the Booty Cave in Heroes' Charge.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tying the daily pull to a 5 AM reset is the best because I am a literal child who is bad at time.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

Tying the daily pull to a 5 AM reset is the best because I am a literal child who is bad at time.

the old way, best case scenario, you sperg out and alarm clock it, but you'll still eventually forget and/or sleep through it. tying it to a set time just makes sense. the amount of QOL upgrades this game has over HC is staggering. best of all, it's not straight ripped code from another game

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So I decided I really wanted to get to VIP7 for the Athena stones early and I dropped $100 to see how close that would get me. Not close sadly. I only jumped from VIP4 to VIP5. However doing that unlocked, at least for the moment, Mystic Divine which is supposed to unlock at VIP8. So basically mystic divine is a third card draw. It costs 999 diamonds and draws from a pool of 4 heroes. 1 of the heroes changes weekly and the other 3 change daily. I don't know if you get to pick from the 4 or get to select one of them I haven't tried it yet because I want to wait for a hero I don't have. I'll report back if I am able to try it before it gets fixed.

Anyway as for Nereida's stats that were asked about before. So both Rose Knight and Nereida are level 66 for me now. RK's physical defense is 1882 and magic defense is 1456. Nereida's physical defense is 1796 and magic defense 1793. I keep her in the front line and use her to tank Pyrona's fireball most of the time because of this. However her other defensive stats suck. RK's dodge is 872.6, parry is 480.4 and resilience is 310. Nereida's dodge is 42, parry is 34.8 and she has no resilience. So she really isn't a very good tank. Looking at her equipment for later tiers she only gains 162 dodge, 90 parry and 45 resilience from equipment alone. So she really isn't a tank but her stun is amazing.

edit: Oh and I'm dropping a luxury feast at 12 server.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Envgard posted:

So I decided I really wanted to get to VIP7 for the Athena stones early and I dropped $100 to see how close that would get me. Not close sadly. I only jumped from VIP4 to VIP5. However doing that unlocked, at least for the moment, Mystic Divine which is supposed to unlock at VIP8. So basically mystic divine is a third card draw. It costs 999 diamonds and draws from a pool of 4 heroes. 1 of the heroes changes weekly and the other 3 change daily. I don't know if you get to pick from the 4 or get to select one of them I haven't tried it yet because I want to wait for a hero I don't have. I'll report back if I am able to try it before it gets fixed.

I did it a few times when Dark Paladin was up. You get a few soul stones for one of those four heroes, with the greatest chance for the weekly hero, or items that sell for a lot of gold (mithril bars, rubies, etc). It's all random. Not worth it in my opinion unless you've hoarded like, thousands and thousands of gems (I had, from arena), and there's a character you really want.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I did it a few times when Dark Paladin was up. You get a few soul stones for one of those four heroes, with the greatest chance for the weekly hero, or items that sell for a lot of gold (mithril bars, rubies, etc). It's all random. Not worth it in my opinion unless you've hoarded like, thousands and thousands of gems (I had, from arena), and there's a character you really want.

Well that is quite disappointing. I guess I am just gonna spend all these gems on luxury feasts. I want Dark Paladin myself and at least this is a slower but surer way to get him.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

We now have a free slot, and we should have another tomorrow. There's a ton of people in wait list but I'm not sure who is a goon or not, if any. Post if you're waiting for an invite!

After this next free slot, let's switch over to something else. Basically add them as we need them or to keep a 1 slot buffer.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Tsurupettan posted:

We now have a free slot, and we should have another tomorrow. There's a ton of people in wait list but I'm not sure who is a goon or not, if any. Post if you're waiting for an invite!

After this next free slot, let's switch over to something else. Basically add them as we need them or to keep a 1 slot buffer.

Once I get a little more charge on my phone I'll be applying as FraudEcon.

Edit: or not, I need to get to 22 first.

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 4, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I really need to stop spending Crystals to open chest in Angel trial until I get another 10 pack or 2 of summons. Only have one summon like that done........gotta get more.
Getting closer and closer to more heroes.
1 from Nightblade
9 from Djinni(finally back to getting wins but I am not moving any more up in rank which is good)
15 from Elder Dwarf
16 from King of Bones
6 from Valkyrie

Elder Dwarf and Djinni I'm most excited about. Still a couple days from Djinni at least as I'm only pulling in 180 a day plus whatever my rank gives me.....so maybe 250 a day so 4 days? That'd be nice to finally have him.

edit: Also Plundering is fun. I'm glad there seems to be one person I can actually plunder out of all the other guilds so at least I get some extra points each day

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Once I get a little more charge on my phone I'll be applying as FraudEcon.

Edit: or not, I need to get to 22 first.

I grabbed Sunshine but the next member expand upgrade is a quarter done already.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Going to put up a babby feast alongside Engvard's, not as good but I feel like getting Blood Baroness to 3*.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What do feasts do, anyway?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Aside from getting more bodies in the guild, what upgrades do you guys think are nice?

I kinda like the 'cheaper feasts' thing. It's fairly cheap, and while it's only 3%, that adds up quick. The training group exp boost is super cheap and seems okay. I think the boost is, by default, 10x the value of the slot it's on? Basically ten hours worth.

I think the wharf and camp upgrades are 'okay'. They seem expensive for the small increases. Same with 'output boost'. Gold Boost under Training Ground is probably the absolute worst upgrade.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Schubalts posted:

What do feasts do, anyway?

When you host a feast, you get a stamina refill and a chest full of stuff. When you attend a feast you just get the extra stamina.

Regular feast can host 4 people. I forget how much stamina you can get from it. The person hosting gets a chest with 60k gold, 20 of the blue xp potions, and 1-5 blood baroness soul stones. Costs 300 gems (less if we research it)

Luxury feast can host 6 people. The person hosting can get up to 120 stamina, I think attendees can get up to 90. Host gets a chest with 150k gold, 20 blue xp potions, and 1-5 dark paladin soul stones. Costs 1500 gems (less after research).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I didn't notice it until just now, but if you're willing to babysit the game every 3 hours, it's better returns to use the Small building on the islands.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Aside from getting more bodies in the guild, what upgrades do you guys think are nice?

I kinda like the 'cheaper feasts' thing. It's fairly cheap, and while it's only 3%, that adds up quick. The training group exp boost is super cheap and seems okay. I think the boost is, by default, 10x the value of the slot it's on? Basically ten hours worth.

I think the wharf and camp upgrades are 'okay'. They seem expensive for the small increases. Same with 'output boost'. Gold Boost under Training Ground is probably the absolute worst upgrade.

I think more members, wharf upgrades, and cheap feasts should be the priority, in that order.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I am super loving salty about healer heavy teams today. Can't clear the 49th floor of the tower due to shields or beat this 20k team jerk with just a mermaid/Djinni/dark paladin.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Man, I am super loving salty about healer heavy teams today. Can't clear the 49th floor of the tower due to shields or beat this 20k team jerk with just a mermaid/Djinni/dark paladin.

I handle things like this by placing CC heroes specific locations and restarting until it works out in my favor. Like, Berserker Claw is invaluable here. If you get his toss out once or twice in a row (which isn't too rare) he can shut down/kill a healer.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tsurupettan posted:

I handle things like this by placing CC heroes specific locations and restarting until it works out in my favor. Like, Berserker Claw is invaluable here. If you get his toss out once or twice in a row (which isn't too rare) he can shut down/kill a healer.

He's part of my stock team. I ended up taking them out by switching Nyssa for Amora and just giving Pyrona and Grimbow a ton or stolen rage. Basically, eat poo poo, healers, I'm turning your heals into explosions.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
what

I don't know why I was able to unlock this 8th slot at vip 4, but I'll take it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

padijun posted:

I don't know why I was able to unlock this 8th slot at vip 4, but I'll take it

They added more training slots with the patch.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
So it was one buyable, one vip?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Other people seem to have lost their accounts too. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue as myself, you should post on their forum here: http://community.gtarcade.com/forum/2077/

Looks like they've acknowledged this issue, so if anyone who also lost their data, please read the following post: http://community.gtarcade.com/post/70314/
code:
Dear players, 

We would first like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the most recent update, 
and would like to thank those who reported the bug.

Sharing the same concern as our players, League of Angels - Fire Raiders developers are
rushing to develop a TOOL that either helps players LOCATE their previous server or GET BACK ALL LOST DATA. 

The tool will be available around 2 days and in the mean time, we will COMPENSATE 
all players who encountered issue with the patch. Take a look at what this tool potentially looks like. 

Please tell your friends who play LOA - Fire Raiders who've encountered the same problem. 
Thank you for your patience. 

LOA - Fire Riaders Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

If other people aside from Kreczor have been hit with this, please post in thread and say as such so I don't clear space out.

• Locked thread