Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Don't worry, this isn't the lovely browser game.

Setting up thread so people can stop making GBS threads up the Heroes Charge thread :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZgSoy1nrDg

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/league-of-angels-fire-raiders/id930452496
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gtarcade.loa.ph

This game seems like a mash up of Pocket Knights, Heroes Charge, and a bunch of other F2P games. I'm only just getting into it, but a bunch of other goons are claiming it is really good.

Server: #11
Guild: GoonSquad

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

The guild is GoonSquad on server 11 and we have 3 slots currently.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Phew. I thought you were advertising a different game under the same name.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
The progression mechanics are easier and the actual fights need more strategy than "enemy has X unit, I gotta bring Y unit" compared to Heroes Charge. You have to think out your front and back lines (and how your angel affects them) in PvP.

Gems: I think unlocking 6 training slots (your units passively gain XP here) is the first thing to do, then save up for a 10x pull for 5k gems. There's a 30 day thing for $7 where you get 200 gems/day plus a few up front, I went for that because there's nothing good on steam now anyway.

Trial tower points: I would recommend not upgrading vienna sausage, but get lunaria and glacia to 2*, and keep them at your level, but once you hit level 40, just focus exclusively on the little mermaid you just unlocked. She is more versatile at healing because it's not restricted to a row, and her stat gain is better than lunaria.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Also don't ignore the werewolf dude for a while like I did. He fuckin' owns. He's crazy good. He stuns poo poo all the time and his active will murder things.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Phew. I thought you were advertising a different game under the same name.

Is that the lovely browser game I kept seeing advertisements for at one point?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

DontMindMe posted:

Is that the lovely browser game I kept seeing advertisements for at one point?

It absolutely is! Recently, the browser game had an ad which straight up ripped FFXIV's expansion's opening cutscene, but as far as I can tell this is a case of "same parent company, almost entirely unrelated except for name", because that game's a lovely browser MMO and this one is the crackbaby child of Heroes Charge and Pocket Knights.

Also, code for free poo poo c/o other thread: LOAMOBILE123

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Thanks for the thread!

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
So how this better/different from Heroes Charge?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Seems like this game has less stuff to do every day than Heroes Charge, but I actually prefer it that way - I don't feel like I'm missing out when I'm busy and can't play much. Also the developers seem to have actually written their own code, which is a plus.

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Applied as Loten

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Dropped from overflow guild, will apply as Largepotato tomorrow.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Daveski posted:

Seems like this game has less stuff to do every day than Heroes Charge, but I actually prefer it that way - I don't feel like I'm missing out when I'm busy and can't play much. Also the developers seem to have actually written their own code, which is a plus.

Yeah, the first thing I noticed was less overall 'Stuff'. There's still plenty to do, in fact in some ways I feel like there's more depth in some areas (see: combat comment above from Padijun).

I prefer it this way. A lot of the extra stuff in Heroes Charge felt like busywork I had to do to keep up. For example, the booty caves or whatever.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Niton posted:

It absolutely is! Recently, the browser game had an ad which straight up ripped FFXIV's expansion's opening cutscene, but as far as I can tell this is a case of "same parent company, almost entirely unrelated except for name", because that game's a lovely browser MMO and this one is the crackbaby child of Heroes Charge and Pocket Knights.

Also, code for free poo poo c/o other thread: LOAMOBILE123

I checked out the thread because I was wondering what triggered someone to make a thread about the lovely browser game, but reading about it makes it seem like this game is entirely my poo poo. Tried Hero's Charge but I felt like there's was way too much to keep up with.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
Applying to the main guild as superdracula

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone have any standout heroes? I'm pretty impressed with the Djinni from the Arena shop. Good healing, probably better than the Mermaid.

I just got the angel Nyssa to 2* and her buffs are just as good as Glacia's, but Glacia has that back row silence, so it's kind of a tossup as to who is more useful where. Nyssa has a really nice heal and a shield as a tradeoff.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Anyone have any standout heroes? I'm pretty impressed with the Djinni from the Arena shop. Good healing, probably better than the Mermaid.

I just got the angel Nyssa to 2* and her buffs are just as good as Glacia's, but Glacia has that back row silence, so it's kind of a tossup as to who is more useful where. Nyssa has a really nice heal and a shield as a tradeoff.

Werewolf dude owns bones. Stuns all the time, stun lasts forever, ult will kill a dude, his 3rd rune slot is Agi which I believe controls turn order, so you can make him come out as fast as Atalanta does.

Atalanta also owns.

I don't own a healer other than mermaid and haven't invested in one, but I probably should. I still get to ~30 in Angel Trial if I pay attention though. I'm gonna have Zweihander in 3 days from the arena shop but after fighting a ton of them I wonder if I should've invested in Night Sentinel. He has some massive opening round burst that would couple nicely with my Summoner to kill off a target instantly.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I rolled Lunar Priestess as my 10x summon 3*.

Her active heal is fantastic, but she doesn't have a passive trigger as second skill like most heroes have.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 13, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I just used Engvard's purple Nereida and she literally stunned every single turn of the gold trial. :eyepop: I want this hero.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Largepotato posted:

I rolled Lunar Priestess as my 10x summon 3*.

Her active heal is fantastic, but she doesn't have a passive trigger as second skill like most heroes have.

Her passive trigger is the purple level skill. "Bleesing" of moon. It seems like it'll be more useful when it's leveled up. I only have it at level 1 and it's not very noticeable yet. She's definitely a good hero to hang on to though. She does decent damage and her heal will absolutely help you win arena matches you have no business winning, progressing further in angel trials, and getting 3* on higher tiers of hero trials.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Today's login is bugged, it seems. It says X/10 times. To deal with that, just... restart the game ten times. Yep. Log in ten actual times. :v:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Pyrona is annoying to fight. Her polymorph and fireball are a killer combo. I didn't level her up but I may have to.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Pyrona has been essential for me so far. Blue Witch seems like a slightly stronger version but I don't have her so I can't say for sure.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Pyrona has been essential for me so far. Blue Witch seems like a slightly stronger version but I don't have her so I can't say for sure.

Blue Witch loses Pyrona's most important trait (Single-target burst damage) in exchange for higher autoattack damage and a small chance to confuse. I don't think that's really worth it, especially with the opportunity cost.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Applied to the guild as Drey.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Got you. One spot left. When it's full I'll purge people. Reminder that I'm purging >3 days offline when guild is full unless something is said about it prior. I don't wanna be super spergy over it, but slots are limited and people want in.

Unrelated to guild stuff: So I'm kinda scattered over my Angel progression, Nyssa and Lunaria are both ~43 with 2* and 10 pieces of each. I have Amora at 1* 5/20. I'm 51 approaching 55. I don't really want to invest much more in my purples, but leveling still goes at a pretty good pace (1 to 1.5 levels/day) at this point.

I'm thinking I'll just sit on these two until 55, bump Amora to 2* and then save everything until 70 where I pick up Athena. Anyone else have recommendations?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Applied to the main guild as DemonMage shockingly. Looks like VIP 4 is decent here for multi-blitz, any of the higher tiers worth caring about really? There's one higher one that's got "Mystic Divine" whatever that is, doesn't look like there's a VIP only shop (unless that's it I guess), which is nice compared to Heroes Charge and Pocket Knights.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I can't see much of a reason for higher VIPs unless you're a turbowhale. Conversely, VIP 4 is like $50.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Anyone know why I can't login right now? Keep getting a timeout error when selecting server. Played this morning.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Same here

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Also down for me.

Astral Hunter any good?

EDIT: Server is back up

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 14, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
well that was an easy way to make 400 gems

e: I got hecate from today's free pull, she's pretty tanky, her green skill is "heal two lowest" and her ultimate is a front row damage/stun. she's in the guild merc camp at level 42 if anyone's interested.

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 14, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Applied to goonsquad as Moldy.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Largepotato posted:

Dropped from overflow guild, will apply as Largepotato tomorrow.

Have applied now

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I will dump some inactives and accept you both as soon as my phone has some charge because apparently I didn't shove the charger in all the way.

Man, I love how easy the events are for the 'average', non-whale player. Aside from Recharge/Spend events, it's pretty easy to clear MOST of the events and get all the hero pieces from them.

e: Added both, guild is now full. We should get one slot today.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 14, 2015

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Applied to guild, whenever theres room.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cotato posted:

Applied to guild, whenever theres room.

I don't see you in the list, what's your name? I did purge apps about an hour ago, so check if you need to reapply.

So I made my werewolf dude my first purple, I think I'm going to max his runes out ASAP and pour all my xp into keeping him up to date. When I saw his bonus was to attack, it was like, 'yep let's make murder machine kill harder'. Having a hard time deciding between Summoner and Atalanta next. They're both very bursty; Atalanta gets more crit, summoner gets more raw magic damage.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

I don't see you in the list, what's your name? I did purge apps about an hour ago, so check if you need to reapply.

So I made my werewolf dude my first purple, I think I'm going to max his runes out ASAP and pour all my xp into keeping him up to date. When I saw his bonus was to attack, it was like, 'yep let's make murder machine kill harder'. Having a hard time deciding between Summoner and Atalanta next. They're both very bursty; Atalanta gets more crit, summoner gets more raw magic damage.

Haha poo poo I thought i picked a name but it apparently named be CarsonMalone. I have renamed myself Cotato though

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

I also applied. There looked like there was at least one more slot. My name is KamikazeRaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I also applied. There looked like there was at least one more slot. My name is KamikazeRaid

I purged all the 3+ day inactives and it's full after Cotato, but we're only around 20k away from the next guild level which will add a slot. Will be today most likely!

• Locked thread