Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Singleplayer was kind of a letdown. Would also be nice if there were other online game modes. Game's good for what it's got though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Dizz posted:

Singleplayer was kind of a letdown. Would also be nice if there were other online game modes. Game's good for what it's got though.

You gotta be squiddin me

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ya'll should try running gear with recon and ninja jump. It's so much fun jumping on your ally's corpse and splatting two dudes in the back.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

w00tmonger posted:

Trying to find one stocked somewhere locally. I take it only Nintendo's adapter will basically work? There doesn't seem to be one that's wiiu specific so it's a bit hard to find anyone carrying it

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031102&p_id=9468&seq=1&format=2

$13.15

I've been using mine since launch and it's great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd like to have equipment with stuff like ninja jump and recon but it never shows up in my stores.

Those big perks like that only show up as main perks right? Sub perks are always stuff like ink saver, damage up, etc?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

Trying to find one stocked somewhere locally. I take it only Nintendo's adapter will basically work? There doesn't seem to be one that's wiiu specific so it's a bit hard to find anyone carrying it
I'm pretty sure I have some off brand thing that's worked fine for year with both my Wii & U. Never really heard any complaints about them from anyone.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

mabels big day posted:

I'd like to have equipment with stuff like ninja jump and recon but it never shows up in my stores.

Those big perks like that only show up as main perks right? Sub perks are always stuff like ink saver, damage up, etc?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are exclusively big perks.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

This is what Im going to to, but in the meantime Im guying to buy a 5 port switch and move my router right beside my god drat wiiu

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

noirstronaut posted:

age of consent in japan is 13 so i'm wondering if Nintendo planned them to be sexed

Your a pedophile

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

This is what Im going to to, but in the meantime Im guying to buy a 5 port switch and move my router right beside my god drat wiiu

It's annoying but wireless is poo poo and you should never use it anyway. This is more for anyone else reading this: WIRELESS BAD

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LethalGeek posted:

It's annoying but wireless is poo poo and you should never use it anyway. This is more for anyone else reading this: WIRELESS BAD

Yeah, the reason your internet seems fine for general browsing and downloads through it is because it's not maintaining a constant up-to-the-millisecond conversation with the server to grab and send all the stuff going on in a game. Your downloads are probably experiencing the occasional brief hiccup and quietly telling the server "I'm up to Packet 2504, send 2505 and keep going".

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dizz posted:

Singleplayer was kind of a letdown.

Spotted the Squid who hasn't killed the final boss.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Sam Faust posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are exclusively big perks.

More to the point: you'll only find it on tops.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ComradeCosmobot posted:

More to the point: you'll only find it on tops.

My :krad: green hoodie has Recon :smuggo:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It took me a day but I'm basically completely down with the gyro controls now.

Which is the opposite of what I expected.

I hope this clicks for me because I just can't get used to the gyros. I do pretty well with the sticks but I wonder if I could be doing better once I figure out the motion controls :|

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

corn in the bible posted:

Your a pedophile

he is an ironic pedophile for comedy :geno:

Fortunately it is very easy to exact goon justice on him with a roller something like five times in a row lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Infinitum posted:

Spotted the Squid who hasn't killed the final boss.

I already beat all the stages and found all those dumb scrolls. Game wasn't hard at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

noirstronaut posted:

age of consent in japan is 13 so i'm wondering if Nintendo planned them to be sexed

No it's not no it's not no it's noooooooooooot people please stop loving saying this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dizz posted:

I already beat all the stages and found all those dumb scrolls. Game wasn't hard at all.

sorry you did not enjoy splatoon :(

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Noirstronaut just so you know your barely veiled statements of attraction to the 13-year-old characters in this game got submitted to @goons_txt

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Also the single player is kind of a letdown because it was made purely to throw a bone to the kind of weirdo who would buy a competitive multiplayer shooter for the single player. It is a glorified extended tutorial for the multiplayer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

since the subject is brought up you guys are all idiots for responding to noirstronaut at all.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sade posted:

Also the single player is kind of a letdown because it was made purely to throw a bone to the kind of weirdo who would buy a competitive multiplayer shooter for the single player. It is a glorified extended tutorial for the multiplayer.

I realized halfway through the singleplayer that I was getting better at splatting up curves and walls. :D

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sade posted:

Noirstronaut just so you know your barely veiled statements of attraction to the 13-year-old characters in this game got submitted to @goons_txt

Link?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I tried switching to gyro controls and I just couldn't get into it as well as stick, even after like an hour or so of Turf War. I think the stick just suits my play style better, whether I'm using the Custom Jr in Turf War or the NZap in Splat Zone.

Also, I noticed someone earlier mention that this game isn't very "vertical" but i have to disagree. I think people just generally haven't realized all the crazy paths you can take on these stages. I do think Turf War is a bit more "grounded" if you will, but that's just inherent to the objective of that mode. Splat Zone rules because you don't have to worry about inking ground vs wall, you can just worry about creating effective paths for you and your team. Like, there have been so many times where I'm trading blows with an enemy and then I swim behind a wall and then up and over it and cap them, while they are still aiming at ground level like this is their daddy's shooter.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

So I think we won this match.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Son of Isaac posted:

So I think we won this match.

Disconnects loving suck

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Squid challenges done. Doing all the limited ink runs first made it a lot more fun.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Disconnects loving suck

Alll four of them were still playing, believe it or not.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The 100-0 victory is the dream every squid hopes to achieve some day

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

3/4 through awesome match:

"You do not currently have an internet connection".

No.. No I'm pretty sure I do, Nintendo :|

Oh well, I guess it was time to head back to work anyway.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Thing I learned: you can TP back to your base. Idk why i never even considered doing this before until i started running around with Recon. Deffo a good "oh poo poo" button for future reference. I just used it for targetted ink strikes with Recon during splatzones.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Wow the last boss is a goddamn nightmare with a roller. There's so much poo poo and you can juuuust barely deal with any of it

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Help Im Alive posted:

The 100-0 victory is the dream every squid hopes to achieve some day

I think coming back from a huge deficit is way more impressive. I've had plenty of 100-0 Splat Zone games where the enemy team is just scrubcore. But man, last night my team came back from something like 75 on our side and 1 left for the enemy, drat near had a heart attack. I absolutely have to smoke weed when I play this game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chill Penguin posted:

I think coming back from a huge deficit is way more impressive. I've had plenty of 100-0 Splat Zone games where the enemy team is just scrubcore. But man, last night my team came back from something like 75 on our side and 1 left for the enemy, drat near had a heart attack. I absolutely have to smoke weed when I play this game.

Yeah I had a match that looked like a write-off earlier this afternoon, but god drat did they all suddenly rally and push the other team's poo poo in :allears:.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

I meant 100-0 in Turf War!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Those big comebacks are by design, I'm pretty drat sure. When the enemy team has you painted back to spawn, you have a lot of ground to cover to get back up, which charges special meters. A whole team with specials locked and loaded can take back pretty much the whole map in 30 seconds' time, and I'm pretty sure that's by design too.

vvv Yeah I don't see any reason every splatzone map shouldn't have two zones. For Rig in particular everybody totally ignores the south half of the map. The south platform would be a perfect zone location!

Sade fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 4, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Seriously though, Every splatzone map with 2 zones is like 100% better in every way. Please ninty, put a 2nd zone in Saltspray rig, it will be much better and chaotic and good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Seriously though, Every splatzone map with 2 zones is like 100% better in every way. Please ninty, put a 2nd zone in Saltspray rig, it will be much better and chaotic and good.

Seriously, it's already designed for it with the high/low areas. Slapping that single zone where it is is even worse because you have to storm Normandy to even approach it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously, it's already designed for it with the high/low areas. Slapping that single zone where it is is even worse because you have to storm Normandy to even approach it.

Use the lower area to approach from behind while charging your special. Usually you can take out 1-2 people holding the high ground from behind and roll that into reclaiming the zone. If you regain the zone immediately go cover the enemies high ground approach and wait for them there, usually you can take them out while they're trying to ink it up to get to where you already are. It's probably my favorite splat zone map.

• Locked thread