Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dookberg
Oct 14, 2003

Making out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Acne Rain posted:

Lich, Orglaborg, Betty, what's #4 again? LSP?

The comet, I'm supposin'? Or maybe Martin. :v:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dookberg posted:

Making out.

Making out is the root of all evil

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

Peppermint Butler's probably got some evil poo poo going on

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Cityinthesea posted:

Peppermint Butler's probably got some evil poo poo going on

#4 is Golb.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm really interested to see where this all goes. Especially Betty. I have a bad feeling they're setting up for her to become a new Ice King equivalent but with Magic Man's powers instead of ice poo poo. Ends one curse and starts another.

I wonder if, since the comet keeps coming and coming and seems to bring a Lich every time, there have been Lich equivalents in the past and perhaps Sweet P being alive fucks up the cycle.

They've also been focusing a lot on Mars. All of Mars's major players are dead now and the planet is defenseless I guess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really good episode after the first couple minutes. I'm not used to AT episodes feeling stretched out, of all things.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Acne Rain posted:

Das Boo posted:

The comet, I'm supposin'? Or maybe Martin. :v:

Don't forget that Lich/Sweet Pea, Martin and Ladybird/Gunter/Orgalorg all appeared in Finn's prophetic Cosmic Owl dream in 'Hoots'.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are some p. spoilery synopses for the rest of the season on wiki if anyone cares.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Did someone mention evil?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm wondering if the truth of Jake's parentage is going to play into the finale at all.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bown posted:

There are some p. spoilery synopses for the rest of the season on wiki if anyone cares.

Oh man, a Moynihan finale? This is gonna be off the chain.

Also the next episodes for season 7 are an eight-parter? What???

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Any word on when S7 starts?

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

nerdbot posted:

I wonder if, since the comet keeps coming and coming and seems to bring a Lich every time, there have been Lich equivalents in the past and perhaps Sweet P being alive fucks up the cycle.

I also wonder how the fact that Finn was a comet in one of his past lives fits in to this.

Clearly, the show writers are building up to the big reveal of the series: the real evil is Man.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
Did Liam Lynch do a voice in last night's episode?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Am I the only one that thought that episode was really bad? Even past the gigantic exposition dump two thirds of the way in, the animation seemed really off point. It looked rushed as heck.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

AT in the past season or so seems to be explaining the pasts of like all the odd little side characters and every magical element like Ice King's crown or Jake's transformation powers. I still enjoy it a lot, but I dunno if they're explaining too much in what started as a goofy D&D for kids.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Koramei posted:

Am I the only one that thought that episode was really bad? Even past the gigantic exposition dump two thirds of the way in, the animation seemed really off point. It looked rushed as heck.

The exposition dump was off-point, I imagine it's hard to gracefully convey that much information in such a set amount of time. I don't recall the animation looking rushed, but then the animation quality was definitely not my focus.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Last two episodes were rad.

I couldn't think of any other way for them to get that much info out without an exposition dump. It could have been better but I still liked it.

Evil smiling Gunter in the mirror is the stuff of nightmares.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Good episode. Almost deliberately slow and uneventful for the first half(Ice King eating the cheesecake very slowly seemed to be purposefully frustrating) and then BOOM there's the comet and Orgalorg's evil green brains hanging out. That montage of Gunter through history just made it for me.

Is it me or did the female elder have tits for eyes? This show has certainly gone to some places.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Castle Radium posted:

Is it me or did the female elder have tits for eyes? This show has certainly gone to some places.

Such a dirty mind. Have you been making out?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Did anyone else notice that the land of Ooo is inside the crater on earth when what their face teleported to space?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So did Orgalorg just dump Ooo with a bunch of Thetans?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Glyphs, norse runes, japanese letters,

OR SOMETHING

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

If anyone at Adventure Time is reading this, tell Graham that I got his Robotech reference :p

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Also Alien/Prometheus reference

high six
Feb 6, 2010
I can't wait for some goons to analyze the episode from tonight. It seemed like the most pointless, not enjoyable episode I've seen yet. This week is really disappointing for me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JazzFlight posted:

AT in the past season or so seems to be explaining the pasts of like all the odd little side characters and every magical element like Ice King's crown or Jake's transformation powers. I still enjoy it a lot, but I dunno if they're explaining too much in what started as a goofy D&D for kids.

I definitely think this over-explanation has hurt Adventure Time.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.
Somvi and Seo are really not a good boarding pair for the Finnale week, I'm thinking. They get A LOT of episodes, but they're always so dull. Their episodes are certainly the low points of this week by a long shot. To me, at least.

I still love Martin, but man this episode was rough.

MojoKingBee fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 5, 2015

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I really love how much of an rear end Martin is, he screws over everyone he meets and STILL comes out on top. We got see a bad guy win this episode. Will he wind up on earth a third time?

I have to say, they're setting up A LOT of possible red herrings.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I liked this episode. This week has been good to me so far

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Glyphs, norse runes, japanese letters,

OR SOMETHING

That hand looks familiar. I can't tell if that's because it reminds me of Commander Keen 4 or if it's been on the show before.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Talk about a mixed bag. The first two episodes were really good, but these last two have been stinkers. The Orgalorg thing was cool, but way too much faux-artsy stuff and worldbuilding in one episode, only to reiterate to everyone that if you couldn't figure it out after bitchslapping Marceline's dad and loving with the Cosmic Owl, that yes, there's a lot more to Gunther than what he appears. Couldn't we have gotten that as a revelation in this week's finale, which looks like it's going to include Gunther's true nature as part of the plot, the same way Prismo was revealed to be just some guy's dream in the Escape from the Citadel episode without dominating a good ten minutes while wasting potential for better developing the plot arc?

Especially an episode focused on Martin, still a nobody who is just your average AT style rear end in a top hat, on an alien planet we'll probably never see again, or at the very least probably won't be important in the same way that other locations/people are important. Freakin Xergiok had more presence than him in this episode.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Looks like there's a Lumpy Space Prisoner.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shitenshi posted:

Talk about a mixed bag. The first two episodes were really good, but these last two have been stinkers. The Orgalorg thing was cool, but way too much faux-artsy stuff and worldbuilding in one episode, only to reiterate to everyone that if you couldn't figure it out after bitchslapping Marceline's dad and loving with the Cosmic Owl, that yes, there's a lot more to Gunther than what he appears. Couldn't we have gotten that as a revelation in this week's finale, which looks like it's going to include Gunther's true nature as part of the plot, the same way Prismo was revealed to be just some guy's dream in the Escape from the Citadel episode without dominating a good ten minutes while wasting potential for better developing the plot arc?

Especially an episode focused on Martin, still a nobody who is just your average AT style rear end in a top hat, on an alien planet we'll probably never see again, or at the very least probably won't be important in the same way that other locations/people are important. Freakin Xergiok had more presence than him in this episode.

I liked this episode. I think people get a little tied up in wondering how things tie into the "bigger continuity", and that's only natural considering how involved Finn's dad has been in this season and all the comet stuff. I want to know more about Martin's past too, but it was a fun episode on its own and I love Steven Root. And hey, we learned he cares incredibly slightly about Finn, so that's something.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I liked the episode, but man... Martin is a loving piece of poo poo.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Martin is the best.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

high six posted:

I can't wait for some goons to analyze the episode from tonight. It seemed like the most pointless, not enjoyable episode I've seen yet. This week is really disappointing for me.

I didn't think it was amazing but I didn't really hate it. I think the main problem with the episode is that it was a very basic and sort of bland deconstruction of a typical tropes. Martin is pretty much put into a situation that where most characters would redeem themselves and have some sort of epiphany but he's just a piece of poo poo so none of it does anything to him. I mean he's teamed up with an adorable good creature that reminds him of his estranged so. The creature is rebelling against some evil dicks whom defeating would also benefit Martin but no, first excuse Martin can get to run off he takes and steals a bunch of gold while running away with their major good source for a second time. There's like a brief moment where he tries to distract the guards but he just sort of gives up on that. It's just seems like a basic "you expect cliche to happen and it doesn't" and that is just sort of meh.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Jack Gladney posted:

That hand looks familiar. I can't tell if that's because it reminds me of Commander Keen 4 or if it's been on the show before.

It kinda reminds me of that gauntlet Finn had once that he had to coax into shooting a beam.

That image of the projection shooting out of Ooo's crater is odd. Maybe the ice kingdom is at the edge of the crater? I recall when Jake enhanced the projected map from the enchiridion it zoomed in on an island on the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I actually really liked this episode. Martin loving starved an oppressed race by running off with their only source of food. drat.

I am confident that Ooo isn't actually in that crater. It's more likely that whatever Gunter did to send that projection came out of the crater rather than it coming directly from him.

• Locked thread