Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i love how computer tech is moving towards keeping people increasingly still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Condiv posted:

i love how computer tech is moving towards keeping people increasingly still
If you could navigate with your eyeballs / type with the power of your mind, don't act like you wouldn't

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Condiv posted:

i love how
he wont love you back

he will just break your heart

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

FMguru posted:

he wont love you back

he will just break your heart

how loves everyone equally

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

is Google photos decent if you want to organize your photos yourself or is it just for idiots who poo poo out a bajillion photos and want an algorithm to make it seem like their life is a Facebook commercial

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my young multi-ethnic friends and I keep taking photos on our road trips and we need an algorithm to sort them.

*actually has 5000 photos of the dog sleeping*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Management posted:

my young multi-ethnic friends and I keep taking photos on our road trips and we need an algorithm to sort them.

*actually has 5000 photos of the dog sleeping*

ugh don't doxx me bro

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

The Management posted:

check out our latest tech demo. does it make sense in a product? how the gently caress should we know, we don't think about these things, we just poo poo it out there because it's cool, I guess. yeah, we didn't think about power usage, or what contexts it makes sense to use it, or how the user would know that there are invisible loving buttons or levers that they need to grasp. that's not what we do. we made a chip, somebody put it in a phone and we can add it to the specs checklist

it actually dovetails quite nicely with the AR stuff other people are doing

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

DuckConference posted:

is Google photos decent if you want to organize your photos yourself or is it just for idiots who poo poo out a bajillion photos and want an algorithm to make it seem like their life is a Facebook commercial

no it is the opposite of this

much like itunes made you stop gaf about categorizing your music it does about the same for pictures. its not perfect but the search works p. well w/o any setup

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
And I and plenty of others here assure you it isn't working... here are the facts to prove that...
Here are the simple FACTS about this problem...

1: It has nothing to do with "Outdated Browers", that is a FACT already established by the simple FACT it occurs on the latest Browsers as well as the old ones...

2: As has been proven by others here and myself "Google Functions" are working perfectly on FireFox and for other browsers if you switch your "User Agent" to "FireFox"... FACT

3: This problem is specific to Google themselves after the events of the past 48 hours when their image search was hacked... FACT

4: Coincidentally Google themselves that very same day had changed their search function to comply with new EU privacy laws... FACT
http://www.thepncvoice.com/authorship-will-shown-google/34825

All the above FACTS points the problem to being either the Hack itself has caused more damage than Google are willing to admit to, or the "fix" they put in place to stop the hack has resulted in the breaking of all Google search functions for all browsers except FireFox.

There is also the possibility that this combined with the new search functions Google has had to implement has contributed or is the cause of the problems...

The simple overall fact is... It's got nothing to do with our browsers it's down to whatever has happened at Googles end and whether it was the hack , the changes they had to make to the search functions or a combination of both and they are obviously struggling to fix it...

The answer Google is looking for of course lies in the FACT that the FIREFOX USER AGENT WORKS, so looking there at what that User Agent does than none of the others do will in fact show Google what they need to change to fix this problem out...

Updating all other browsers other than FireFox does not solve this problem as has been proven by plenty of folk, so asking people what browsers or OS they use is pointless and will not help solve this. Google have obviously changed something in their code/ system in the past 48 hours and it is this change/ fix that has broken the system... :-/

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lol i had to google a weird phrase from that to figure out from whence it came and that whole thread is hilarious

googles in the right here because lol @ ppl still using safari 5 and opera 12

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LastInLine posted:

no it is the opposite of this

much like itunes made you stop gaf about categorizing your music it does about the same for pictures. its not perfect but the search works p. well w/o any setup

hmm pretty close but theres a substantial difference: itunes is deeply infected with a virulent strain of fail, fail aids, and epic losery. whereas google photos is boosted in power to frankly insane lvls by powerful cum and surging muscles.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
hm, I don't use anything google related anymore except YouTube.

browser: opera
search: shitshitgo
phone: iphone
e-mail: fastmail

my needs are suited so hard I can barely breathe

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

LastInLine posted:

lol i had to google a weird phrase from that to figure out from whence it came and that whole thread is hilarious

googles in the right here because lol @ ppl still using safari 5 and opera 12

Please have a good read of the posts here & don't dismiss the angry/vulgar comments left by many- there is no quick fix other than to upgrade your OS. This is an Apple scam, they have clearly paid Google handsomely to get people upgrading to Maverick or nearby.

Up to you, but just to suggest you don't comply & join the peoples revolution- cope with it, find another browser, but don't upgrade your Mac until you are ready & feel it a decision made by you for the right reasons, not just to have access to what you had before- its no less than bullying, almost blackmail, & it shouldn't be allowed.

Good luck :)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i love when people dont know what they're talking about so whatever the issue is quickly devolves into ~CONSPIRACY~

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Granbar posted:

fail,
loser,
junk,
sewer tier.

respectively.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
mods namechange to Outdated Browers please

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Granbar posted:

opera is just a chrome skin, moron

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah if you insist on using ancient versions of OS X you will need to move to firefox or even poo poo like tenfourfox if you want to continue to use something resembling the modern web

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the moonshot factory heads are rolling lol

http://recode.net/2015/06/03/google-glass-business-chief-departs/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nelson Bighetti

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

fail,
loser,
junk,
sewer tier.

respectively.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

opera is just a chrome skin, moron

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao

http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/02/google-tests-study-kit-apps-to-collect-health-data-before-wider-launch-of-baseline-study-this-year/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

tim needs to destroy google

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ban cremnob

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob for mod.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

we need a more entertaining anti google shaggar, this one is boring as heck

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm the person that wants to willingly give health and biometric data to an advertising company

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i'm the person that wants to willingly give health and biometric data to an advertising company

"it looks like your blood sugar's a bit low. how about a snickers(tm)?"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

also google has a not-stupid-looking driverless car and is one of the largest defense contractors in the states (from companies they own) :ssh:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

"it looks like your blood sugar's a bit low. how about a KitKat(tm)?"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

:agreed::toot:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
@arstechnica: MT @RonAmadeo #AndroidM preview—Shrug is entered as <string name="regrettable_lack_of_easter_egg">¯\\_(ツ)_/¯</string> http://t.co/KNZEluZMSr

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Google is 100% going to sell out to Big Candy again, so here are some possible names for Android M.

Android M&M™
Android Milky Way™
Android Mars™
Android Mounds™
Android Mr. Goodbar™

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Android Milk Duds™

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug