Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Frankie all around was great.

Frankie: My one sister, as you know, is uh...deceased...while the other....is...retarded

Jeff: HEEEEEEEEEEEY :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Bless you, sir or madam. This is so drat funny I can't deal with it.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Paget's line about being the humble outsider who nailed it killed me. Rip in peace me.

Normally I could go either way about community returning or not, while I would certainly welcome a renewal I wouldn't exactly be in tears if it left forever, I'm pretty enthusiastic about some kind of continuation now, whether it's a new season or movie. Community morphing its slowly hemorrhaging cast into a strength was what swayed me.

swickles posted:

I think one of the best jokes was Dean and Jeff having their silent side conversation after Frankie hints she may be a lesbian.

Best gag this season imho was the extended cellphone prank between those japanese kids & the dean over jeff's false number. Its consequent tag was sensational too, in a different way.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
If they can't get at least Jeff, Annie, Abed, Britta then there is no reason to do a movie. Get back troy and it could be pretty good. Then get Pierce and it would be awesome.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

NakedWithCandy posted:

If they can't get at least Jeff, Annie, Abed, Britta then there is no reason to do a movie. Get back troy and it could be pretty good. Then get Pierce and it would be awesome.

Opening scene is Abed's tracker on Pierce suddenly moving.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

HD DAD posted:

Opening scene is Abed's tracker on Pierce suddenly moving.

Okay, the mental image of this and where it could lead made me chuckle.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
One of my favorite bits this season was Frankie's report on trying to call the IT lady.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

redstormpopcorn posted:

One of my favorite bits this season was Frankie's report on trying to call the IT lady.

Implying there was some eldritch horror involved in her body swapping with the IT lady was great.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWikGqr-OMw

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I love you.

I love how Community has not one, but two different club bangers to use in scenes, "All my Boys and All my Peeps" and "I'm as High as Hell, and You're About to Get Shot."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My favorite tag is probably still Portuguese Gremlins.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
c'mon everyone
yakuza tag
come
on

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Someone post the background black guy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mods change my name to Third Black Person tia

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

My favorite tag is probably still Portuguese Gremlins.

Heat will make them evil.
Salt will make them multiply.
They are attracted to love.
They hate Christmas.
Holy water returns them to good.
Rainbows will make them more evil than the first time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

c'mon everyone
yakuza tag
come
on

I think it would have been funnier if it ended right after the kid got yelled at but before he started texting the Dean again. The Yakuza bit was pretty lazy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rumblings from ~~~sources~~~ that Yahoo is already talking to Sony about more episodes.

On Dan Harmon's podcast he talked about watching the third "Human Centipede" and how Tom Six didn't really seem to have his heart in it and was just doing it for the fans ... kinda like Season 6 of Community.

So who knows? Maybe he's just being a baby because he had to work instead of playing Minecraft.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't think anyone should blame Harmon for not being as passionate about the show anymore. Even aside from losing core cast members and running the premise into the ground, I can see how having to say goodbye to something you care about multiple times can take its toll on that affection. Plus he has a shiny new show to invest his emotional energy in now. It won't exactly be shocking if he ultimately decides to stick around for paychecks and fan acclaim, but creatively it's time to go.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Great episode. Great tag. Great season.

I approach another season the same every year (except Season 4): The finale was great and it would be perfectly happy of that was the ending, but I also feel every episode of Community is a gift and I'm not going to deny it if offered to me.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
That was just okay to me. Watching Jeff deal with his abandonment/change issues has been done so many times, it's hard to care too much. Abed went through a really similar thing too, even down to the different version of reality he was imagining. Jeff/Annie could have used some build up across the season. The tag was amazing though.

I think a lot of this season was more interested in being creative than super funny and most of it didn't work for me. I still love the show and the characters though, and I wouldn't turn down more Community.

Did Alison Brie and Danny Pudi get regular roles on a new TV show?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

rapeface posted:

That was just okay to me. Watching Jeff deal with his abandonment/change issues has been done so many times, it's hard to care too much. Abed went through a really similar thing too, even down to the different version of reality he was imagining. Jeff/Annie could have used some build up across the season. The tag was amazing though.

I think a lot of this season was more interested in being creative than super funny and most of it didn't work for me. I still love the show and the characters though, and I wouldn't turn down more Community.

Did Alison Brie and Danny Pudi get regular roles on a new TV show?

Brie is working on a movie career, I assume.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Heat will make them evil.
Salt will make them multiply.
They are attracted to love.
They hate Christmas.
Holy water returns them to good.
Rainbows will make them more evil than the first time.

I wish Knee-High Mischiefs was a real movie.

PostNouveau posted:

Rumblings from ~~~sources~~~ that Yahoo is already talking to Sony about more episodes.

On Dan Harmon's podcast he talked about watching the third "Human Centipede" and how Tom Six didn't really seem to have his heart in it and was just doing it for the fans ... kinda like Season 6 of Community.

So who knows? Maybe he's just being a baby because he had to work instead of playing Minecraft.

This season had enough I enjoyed that I'm glad it existed, but I think you can sort of tell that his heart's not totally in it anymore. I'd rather it stops now, aside from maybe a movie if they really have a good idea for it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sinteres posted:

Plus he has a shiny new show to invest his emotional energy in now.

What show is that? I thought his CBS and Fox deals fell through.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

What show is that? I thought his CBS and Fox deals fell through.

Rick and Morty?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah, I meant Rick and Morty. I'm guessing Harmon's having a lot more fun exploring that show's relatively new world(s) than he's had with Community in a while.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sinteres posted:

Yeah, I meant Rick and Morty. I'm guessing Harmon's having a lot more fun exploring that show's relatively new world(s) than he's had with Community in a while.

Forgot about R&M. Always considered it more Roiland's show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

I'm working my way through the Harmontown podcasts from before I started listening, and you can hear some things that probably went straight from Dan's brain into R&M. When he talks about how much he hates "Inception" or how bad/sad it is that humans have taken wolves and turned them into lapdogs, you get the idea that he's actually writing for the show, instead of just doing whatever a producer does.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Incorrect.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Stupid question that I am probably aware of the answer but not as this word but what do you guys mean by tag?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Holyshoot posted:

Stupid question that I am probably aware of the answer but not as this word but what do you guys mean by tag?

The little bit of the show that comes after the episode has finished, usually while some of the credits appear on the screen. It's often not directly related to the subject of the show. It's usually just a little fun joke, but they've gotten elaborate this year.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Just caught it this morning. Honestly would be satisfied if it ended here, which is the first Community finale I'd say that about.

Torgover fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 4, 2015

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

prefect posted:

The little bit of the show that comes after the episode has finished, usually while some of the credits appear on the screen. It's often not directly related to the subject of the show. It's usually just a little fun joke, but they've gotten elaborate this year.

Should also add an asterisk that a "tag" is also used in the writing\comedy world to represent an additional extra line or follow-up joke that makes the original one even funnier. This was recalled in Shirley's hyper-meta line about how "she can tag it, too." All the best stand-ups you know (Your Chappelles, C.K.s, etc) work with friends to help refine and tag jokes when they write new hours.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Good episode. Good season. Good show.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

prefect posted:

Ones in earlier seasons mostly revolved around Troy and Abed.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

smashpro1 posted:

Ones in earlier seasons mostly revolved around Troy and Abed.

They had to fit within a very short time, too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Made a top 10 episodes list as part of a thing with a friend so thought I'd post it here to see if anyone cared or wanted to make their own why not

god there are so many amazing episodes of this show

quote:

10. Regional Holiday Music (310)
09. Documentary Filmmaking: Redux (308)
08. Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design (209)
07. Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television (613)
06. Paradigms of Human Memory (221)
05. Modern Warfare (123)
04. Remedial Chaos Theory (303)
03. App Development and Condiments (508)
02. A Fistful of Paintballs/For a Few Paintballs More (223/224)
01. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (214)

e: swapped out polygraphy for doc: redux

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 5, 2015

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah there have been bucketloads of awesome episodes. I need to dig out my DVDs and watch it all again. I also need to get the ones I don't have (I only have season 1-3)

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah there have been bucketloads of awesome episodes. I need to dig out my DVDs and watch it all again. I also need to get the ones I don't have (I only have season 1-3)
Last Christmas I finally got S4 and 5 DVDs, and upon rewatch, 4 isn't as bad as I'd remembered it. It was still pretty mediocre, with only one real episode that I really enjoyed, the one where Brita puts together a Sophie B. Hawkins dance. Only the tag was lovely. Otherwise, it's... it's a gas leak year. I don't regret having it though.

I still haven't managed to watch the S4 finale without losing interest and not being able to follow the plot. It just has some supernatural power of uninteresting-ness. Like a Marvel film.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah season 4 is far from horrible and that episode you mentioned is pretty drat good. Body swap one ain't bad too. But the finale is by far the worst episode of Community that could ever possibly exist. literally everything about it is wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I watched the last two episodes a few days ago, and the wedding episode was really, really good. It was incredibly hard to watch at some points, but ultimately I decided that was a good thing. There was just a lot of really funny poo poo - Elroy complimenting white people, Annie & Frankie's heart to heart, the really stupid charades party. It was all really dumb but I loved it.

• Locked thread