Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mabels big day posted:

ive been using the rapid blaster. compared to the other smg types its really slow but its fun as hell to use. it comes with ink mines which i love using. I just hate that the range is so lovely and you lose in any close quarters encounter.

The custom blaster is good. I would recommend that if you like the blaster type. Also, all the A rank Japanese people who use it do the squid->jump->shoot->repeat thing so I suggest doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. gently caress off.

The truth hurts. You are using a tiny baby squirt gun.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Evil Eagle posted:

They're all squirt guns.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Please don't post in my threads anymore.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lemming posted:

The custom blaster is good. I would recommend that if you like the blaster type. Also, all the A rank Japanese people who use it do the squid->jump->shoot->repeat thing so I suggest doing that.

i tried it but i've realized there's no reason to not use fast shooting splattershot type weapons, other than maybe the krackon roller. it's a shame, i hope they fix this game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mabels big day posted:

i tried it but i've realized there's no reason to not use fast shooting splattershot type weapons, other than maybe the krackon roller. it's a shame, i hope they fix this game.

I disagree very much. Some guns are more general but almost every gun is amazing in certain game type + map combo. Maybe not rapid blaster, I think that one is kinda poop.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lemming posted:

I disagree very much. Some guns are more general but almost every gun is amazing in certain game type + map combo. Maybe not rapid blaster, I think that one is kinda poop.

yeah some of the splattershots are better than other splattershots on some maps.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mabels big day posted:

yeah some of the splattershots are better than other splattershots on some maps.

I don't understand, the blaster is good, the chargers are good, the rollers are good, and all the various splatter shots are good in different situations, and that's all the guns.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Bubblers go home

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Yes. This game is exactly identical to TF2, except it's 60 dollars instead of free. SincX, thank you for being the first and only person that sees through Nintendo's lies and can actually smell the rotten feces that lies beneath.

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wish I was home playing Splatoon instead of having my soul slowly sucked out of my body by faceless Jewish board executives who live in a different country ,

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

The bubbler is a crutch. Use a cooler weapon.

splatty jr kicks rear end mayne

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

wish I was home playing Splatoon instead of having my soul slowly sucked out of my body by faceless Jewish board executives who live in a different country ,

i could do degenerate morning splatting but i'm going to take a dump then go to the gym instead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mabels big day posted:

the ppl who murked me w/ the blaster did stuff like use it in narrow passages or shoot from above to maxamize that aoe blast

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

splatty jr kicks rear end mayne

Durr its a crutch, what are you trying to do, win? Me, I'm just here to have fun. I speeled my own name out on the wall with ink.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god...Splatoon will be getting free Squid Girl costume DLC as part of the August update. Can this game get any more win?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i haven't been able to play splatoon in 4 days. i havent been able to play the epic new map and gamemode and im dying cus of it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oh my god...Splatoon will be getting free Squid Girl costume DLC as part of the August update. Can this game get any more win?

I want Squidward's shirt for DLC.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

wat really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

wat really

http://mobile.siliconera.com/all/2015-06-03-splatoon-will-get-fresh-with-a-squid-girl-costume-this-august#1 prolly Japan only though.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im going to kill them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've fallen in love with the default jet squelcher for splatzones. It carried me to 13.5 so hawt points last night.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Squid pun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon Miiverse is for normies now. I'm over it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

die squid girl

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Splatoon Miiverse is for normies now. I'm over it

same,

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It may be for normies but I saw a picture someone drew of sundowner from revengeance saying he was in touch with his inner squid and it made me laugh.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My brother is visiting and I was showing him what Miiverse is and we scrolled past some Squidwards and Spongebobs before seeing a drawing where one Squidkid was shooting another with ink, and the gun was clearly an erect penis.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Tender Bender posted:

My brother is visiting and I was showing him what Miiverse is and we scrolled past some Squidwards and Spongebobs before seeing a drawing where one Squidkid was shooting another with ink, and the gun was clearly an erect penis.

+Yeah ...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish individual performance made your rank climb faster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I lost a game in B- rank and the rage is real.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

It may be for normies but I saw a picture someone drew of sundowner from revengeance saying he was in touch with his inner squid and it made me laugh.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bought the game, played for an hour, am already bored of everything except wandering around and being jealous of miiverse artists' technical skills

guess I'm broken after all!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Controls surprisingly well though, I'll give it that, so score another one for the gamepad I guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't touched the single player

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Bought the game, played for an hour, am already bored of everything except wandering around and being jealous of miiverse artists' technical skills

Unlock more weapons and ranked mode before you give it up. You might not be broken.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

I still haven't touched the single player

It's very cool. Check it out.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

I don't want to call you a retard for not enjoying the game if its because you're depressed and you don't enjoy anything anymore, but hell, you're a retard.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

yeah same. probably doesn't help that every other game drops out to connection problems and the fact skills from clothes seem to not actually do anything. nintendo hype should be illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

StabMasterArson posted:

skills from clothes seem to not actually do anything

wtf, why is this a bad thing. this lets you wear whatever you want and not have to worry about min maxing crap

• Locked thread