Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Transfer deadlines have to be completed by 5 pm on 1 September (oh god that's a lot of transfer chat to go still) and not 11 pm so expect fewer drunk people hovering around reported this year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33007503

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I loving love a bit of Jimmy "loving" Milner, get in.

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Transfer deadlines have to be completed by 5 pm on 1 September (oh god that's a lot of transfer chat to go still) and not 11 pm so expect fewer drunk people hovering around reported this year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33007503

That's weird, The Guardian are reporting it's 6pm: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/summer-transfer-window-deadline-premier-league

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

EvilHawk posted:

I loving love a bit of Jimmy "loving" Milner, get in.

That's weird, The Guardian are reporting it's 6pm: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/summer-transfer-window-deadline-premier-league

Maybe someone somewhere is getting confused about timezones or something

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
James Milner goes on a free because he's always dropped in favour of Samir "loving" Nasri

Good job!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

James Milner goes on a free because he's always dropped in favour of Samir "loving" Nasri

Good job!

City are dumb

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/liverpool-raheem-sterling-manchester-united

tasty

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hope not

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Some massive click bait right there

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'd lol and lmao powerfully and incessantly, but it'd never happen while he's under contract

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

hasnt there only been like one transfer ever between the two clubs? no way it happens

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TelekineticBear! posted:

hasnt there only been like one transfer ever between the two clubs? no way it happens

Both clubs are owned by Americans now, no reason why it wouldn't.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
football is about business and business only - jack warner, 2012

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Was it Heinze that Ferguson refused to allow to go Liverpool a while back?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shroud posted:

Yep.

Also no way that deal is happening. Sterling and his fuckwit of an agent are dumb enough to agree to it but Henry wouldn't go for it at all.

Honestly, United are doing us a favor by showing interest as competition will only drive his price up more.

Would be interesting to see what the Skrtel offer was. He's a decent enough player but is made to look better because he's better than some of the clowns we usually play at the back. Personally I wouldn't be hugely adverse to him leaving if a decent offer comes in.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people think Squirtle's really good, but he loses at least 1-3 games per season with some very dumb poo poo

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
Madrid has issued an official statement on their website saying that they are not in for veratti and that all the rumours are not true. They also made a statement about pogba. Makes you wonder about other rumoured targets such as de gea.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Shroud posted:

Ferguson did liverpool a favour?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yep.

Also no way that deal is happening. Sterling and his fuckwit of an agent are dumb enough to agree to it but Henry wouldn't go for it at all.

Honestly, United are doing us a favor by showing interest as competition will only drive his price up more.

Would be interesting to see what the Skrtel offer was. He's a decent enough player but is made to look better because he's better than some of the clowns we usually play at the back. Personally I wouldn't be hugely adverse to him leaving if a decent offer comes in.

Liverpool are in a poo poo situation. They have to sell him this window or he leaves on a free. Sterling is young enough that he can afford to spin his wheels at liverpool for a year to go somewhere they'd never sell him like Chelsea/City.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Everyone knows Raheem was a boyhood United fan right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'd like newcastle to sign charlie austin

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Liverpool are in a poo poo situation. They have to sell him this window or he leaves on a free. Sterling is young enough that he can afford to spin his wheels at liverpool for a year to go somewhere they'd never sell him like Chelsea/City.

He's got two years remaining on his contract.

Also I don't think we are in a bad spot at all. He's a good player, young, English and a lot of clubs not only are looking for that but need that to comply with homegrown rules. We are in a pretty strong position and I absolutely guarantee he'll go for far more than he's worth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

Also I don't think we are in a bad spot at all. He's a good player, young, English and a lot of clubs not only are looking for that but need that to comply with homegrown rules. We are in a pretty strong position and I absolutely guarantee he'll go for far more than he's worth.

He's talking about Skrtel

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Jose posted:

He's talking about Skrtel

Um...

serious gaylord posted:

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yep.

It's funny you think United are actually interested and that article isn't just click bait

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I might have misread that since Skrtel's contract only has a year left

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ayb posted:

It's funny you think United are actually interested and that article isn't just click bait

I actually think it's all bullshit too. United would know they had no chance of signing him while he's under contract but it wouldn't surprise me if the feigned interest to unsettle him further.

I will be very surprised if he ends up anywhere other than City.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If we don't resign Skrtel I'll be hopping mad, he's our only good defender.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Because of his age he can buy it out next year.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

Because of his age he can buy it out next year.

if he did that to go to united there would be riots

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

not not luvd posted:

if he did that to go to united there would be riots

He won't go to United.he's clearly agreed somewhere based on the poo poo he's doing to force a transfer and my money's on city.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Countdown until Arsenal sign Sterling for $1

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

He won't go to United.he's clearly agreed somewhere based on the poo poo he's doing to force a transfer and my money's on city.

oh of course

city have to buy because he;s english and decent

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm imagining the RAWK meltdowns that would happen if FSG sold Sterling to United and doing some lols

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm imagining the RAWK meltdowns that would happen if FSG sold Sterling to United and doing some lols

Would be pretty funny but it won't happen. There's no way Liverpool can't find another club to buy him this summer that isn't United.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

City now have 0 english outfield players in their senior squad, unless you want to count Micah Richards.

How many homegrown players do they have to sign now? They're going to sign Sterling for a mountain of cash and I've seen them linked with Alex Song lol.

8 out of their 25 man roster. So that's Hart, uh... Richards? Sinclair? Does Clichy count as homegrown? So in the very best case scenario they need at least 4 English players and then they still need to buy some players that aren't garbage.

E: Sinclair is gone lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'm not even kidding City will end up paying £40m for Jack Grealish or someone on the last day of the window, English clubs are going to ring them dry.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

blue footed boobie posted:

8 out of their 25 man roster. So that's Hart, uh... Richards? Sinclair? Does Clichy count as homegrown? So in the very best case scenario they need at least 4 English players and then they still need to buy some players that aren't garbage.

E: Sinclair is gone lol

Clichy is homegrown, yes.

Hart, Richard Wright, Clichy right now. Richards is gone.

Lopes, Denayer and/or Iheanacho will be coming into the squad and would count as home growns by virtue of being "not foreign" due to being under 21. Add Sterling and that's 7. It's too bad Sir Alex royally hosed up the Pogba situation, 3 more months in England and he would have been 8. :getin: So I guess that leaves one more.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i hope raheem goes to utd

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Parody Threads posted:

Clichy is homegrown, yes.

Hart, Richard Wright, Clichy right now. Richards is gone.

Lopes, Denayer and/or Iheanacho will be coming into the squad and would count as home growns by virtue of being "not foreign" due to being under 21. Add Sterling and that's 7. It's too bad Sir Alex royally hosed up the Pogba situation, 3 more months in England and he would have been 8. :getin: So I guess that leaves one more.

Richard Wright?! Lol when was the last time he actually played a game.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sterling's retarded agent was encouraging a United move. Regardless Henry is a pretty stubborn guy so it's never going to happen.

Why would Sterling even want that? He'd likely earn more at City and probably has the same chance of winning poo poo there without being absolutely hated by all Liverpool supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I struggle to like Sterling already, maybe it's for the best.

• Locked thread