Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
I'm guessing this is fake, but I so want to believe:

Source

Realtalk though, FLUDD should be a DLC weapon. Sub could be Mario's spin move that sprays ink in all directions and super could be the jetpack, which hovers you in the air leaving a trail of ink and splats below you.

I can dream...

Randumb Thots fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Every time i try going back to the stick controls, I get so confused because the sensitivity is poo poo, and I'm bad at aiming on a console controller period, especially that gargantuan piece of poo poo that is the gamepad. Why can't I just use the gamepad pro like a normal human being?

But I end up using the motion controls because I am more accurate. I just wish that the motion controls only moved the camera left or right and did not touch the vertical movement at all, let me adjust that with the R stick.

The reason for that is depending how I'm sitting, I hold the controller differently and place it in my lap, and when I get all excited I'm moving the controller all around and I have to spend 30 seconds cumulatively in each map trying to recenter the loving camera with the Y button so I'm not looking straight at the ground.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Randumb Thots posted:

I'm guessing this is fake, but I so want to believe:

Source

is he a boss fight or what

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Has that Mario render existed before? It's possible this is another Smash situation where something gets leaked for real.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Worst Girl posted:

Has that Mario render existed before? It's possible this is another Smash situation where something gets leaked for real.

People are getting way too good at fake leaks

What happened to the days where it was just a photo of a piece of paper saying "e3 lineup - new starfox"

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Worst Girl posted:

You can make fake renders that look "new," people have done it before. I believe there was a fake Smash leak to this effect.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

There should be a new mode where a third party of just Mario is tasked with cleaning up the stage while everyone else tries to play turf war.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Anime Curator posted:

is he a boss fight or what

No idea. You know as much as I do at this point.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Boggus posted:

Playing this game just makes me angry.

Always Smoke Weed Before Splatting

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

My team just won a game where we STARTED with 3 players vs 4 :stare:

Not surprised. I had a similar game we didn't win but it was close the entire time vs getting stomped as I expected at the begining.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Turned off motion controls as they seemed a bit wonky to me, but what are most people using here?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

w00tmonger posted:

Turned off motion controls as they seemed a bit wonky to me, but what are most people using here?

Motion controls

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Poultron posted:

You can make fake renders that look "new," people have done it before. I believe there was a fake Smash leak to this effect.

And here's a guy doing it in an LP thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692371&userid=180172&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post443973382

He later goes into the process he used to do it. He does it on the GameCube, but it would work similarly for the Wii (and probably the Wii U, if it ever gets emulated).

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

w00tmonger posted:

Poultron posted:

Motion controls

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

w00tmonger posted:

Play a few single player missions with motion controls - then go into matches with them - eventually you'll forget that you're even using them

Sabby23
Nov 10, 2010

Stay fresh!

w00tmonger posted:

Here's a poll a made a couple days ago, and yeah the answer was pretty much motion controls.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I'm using tilt controls!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Discovered a new way to counter Krakens: Stand on metal grid platforms. They can't follow you there. For they are squids. :v:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I think the game does need more "calls" though - the remaining directions on the D-Pad, A+B+L could all be tied to stuff to "say", and there's also a little room on the touch screen for a few more

How about tying the A button to the loving super weapon instead of the super loving useless "HARD click this stick that you are already using every millisecond to aim your character"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Krakens are incapable of doing a whole lot on un-inkable terrain, so feel free to abuse that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

noirstronaut posted:

i know, i retweeted it lol

if every state in america had an age of consent set at 18, but the federal law was 16, it would still make the aoc 16.

please do not retweet the pedoshit callouts I submit to goons.txt, you're a total loving grode

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cell phone quality because I"m not going to gently caress around with bad share options.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If I leave my zone, someone will come take it because my team can't defend. If I stay in my zone, we'll never get ahead because my team can't push without me. I hate Port Mackerel so much.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

DoctorWhat posted:

please do not retweet the pedoshit callouts I submit to goons.txt, you're a total loving grode

i'm a law abiding citizen

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

STOP BEING loving CREEPY.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Internet Kraken posted:

If I leave my zone, someone will come take it because my team can't defend. If I stay in my zone, we'll never get ahead because my team can't push without me. I hate Port Mackerel so much.

"Leave your zone"? Are you trying some strategy where you gently caress around in the same area instead of all painting all the time?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

"Leave your zone"? Are you trying some strategy where you gently caress around in the same area instead of all painting all the time?

I guess he's talking about Port Mackerel in Splat Zones

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

noirstronaut posted:

cinkizen

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Splatoon: Autoaim is for babbys

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Vince Videogames posted:

STOP BEING loving CREEPY.

if it's creepy to obey the law, then by golly call me a ghoul

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it is creepy to sexualize 14 year olds

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

if it's creepy to obey the law, then by golly call me a ghoul

:redass:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

DoctorWhat posted:

it is creepy to sexualize 14 year olds

then why would japan and nintendo make it ok by putting out video game splatoon ?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Freak posted:

Cell phone quality because I"m not going to gently caress around with bad share options.

CARLOOOOS

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I do notice there aren't any adult squids, aside from that one crazy guy who lives in the sewers. No doubt they're all doing boring adult poo poo like jobs and grocery shopping.

Do you think there are squids working on offshore oil rigs who spend their breaks spectating turf wars on Saltspray Rig and betting on which color wins? Are there loudspeakers at the mall that announce upcoming turf wars or splat zone matches so that customers can find cover?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sewer guy is a Cuttlefish, not a squid.

Also,
I'm thinking about making a Splatoon costume for NYCC. Obviously I need a weapon of some sort, what would you dudes recommend as the ideal Super Soaker for such an adventure?

The Splashzooka is pretty good, I think

e: For full showmanship, I should make myself a giant roller, of course.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 4, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mabels big day posted:

That being said, everything is bad compared to the aerosprays.
only in turf war, the inferior game mode

w00tmonger posted:

Motion controls. They are far better than any dual analog control scheme once you get used to them, they are the reason this game does not have autoaim.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Internet Kraken posted:

Carry harder is honestly the best/only advice for this situation. Here's some general Splat Zone advice though!

Find a safe route that exposes you to the least amount of enemy fire between the two points and also lets you approach from an atypical angle. Don't try to claim zones without scoring at least a kill, ideally two. Charge your special up and then use it to kill a group of enemies who're preventing your team from making forward progress. Only take the direct route between the two zones if most of the enemy team is dead. Once you have both zones leave them immediately and ink up your opponent's approaches. Never stand in a zone if you can avoid it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

noirstronaut posted:

then why would japan and nintendo make it ok by putting out video game splatoon ?

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nooo, noirstronaut is on a tainting spree!

• Locked thread