Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

WTF is happening to my EVE? I downloaded a patch and now it's all borked. First it took about 10 mins to have the client being loaded but once in I didn't see my ship, than changing hull fixed it after cpl of minutes of "downloading poo poo" then I undocked from Jita and there are no more planets, moons nor frigging monuments, I was scared by the end of the world coming so I docked back and voilą

Is CCP being concordokken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

froody guy posted:

WTF is happening to my EVE? I downloaded a patch and now it's all borked. First it took about 10 mins to have the client being loaded but once in I didn't see my ship, than changing hull fixed it after cpl of minutes of "downloading poo poo" then I undocked from Jita and there are no more planets, moons nor frigging monuments, I was scared by the end of the world coming so I docked back and voilą

Turn on "Download all resource files" option in your launcher options?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

froody guy posted:

Repairing your installation will probably fix one of your problems.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Kirs posted:

Turn on "Download all resource files" option in your launcher options?

I normally launch from the bin dir, only use the launcher in case of updates so I never noticed it, guessed it was the default behaviour

Now I did that and my cpu is running as if it was under prime95 with 2Gb of stuff to go which means about 2 hrs on my lovely connection!!! :ohdear: Mother of goons this is some serious CantCodeProperly kind of things!

edit: multithread optimization at its best, core1's melting. And that's just for the launcher.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 4, 2015

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

froody guy posted:

I had similar texture issues and the repair tool in the launcher did not fix it for me. What did fix it is running the "rescache" application in the ccp/eve folder. Its scanned and deleted bad files then when I launched the game it re-downloaded good ones.

Edit: the repair tool probably runs that application too but I couldn't get the repair tool to work because of some certificate error or something.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 4, 2015

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'm a filthy J4G who made a goonfleet account way too soon a while back. Will I run into issues with it if I decide to join Karmafleet?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Macnult posted:

I'm a filthy J4G who made a goonfleet account way too soon a while back. Will I run into issues with it if I decide to join Karmafleet?

Well now that you ousted yourself you might

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Macnult posted:

not really, whats your eve name?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

Terricz.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Macnult posted:

Terricz.

Looking forward to flying with you :grin:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Macnult posted:

Reverand maynard posted:

Macnult posted:

Terricz.

Trap sprung.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

Looking forward to flying with you :grin:

Quick edit wasn't quick enough.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I have freed myself from the shackles of the Imperium and can now shoot FCON with Groon. :getin:

tyler fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 4, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Goongrats

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Saying goodbye to the SRP was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

i got paid 130 million isk plus 14 million isk in insurance to welp a sabre two nights ago

:unsmith:

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

ya but groon are actually hilarious as gently caress flew with them awhile back and ruined christmas

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Nietzschean posted:

This is the majority of what I used it for, but it seems a waste to pay a recurring fee for that functionality. There has to be a better way.

pirate that poo poo:filez:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Repairingdeleting your installation will probably fix one of your problems.

Better.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

The joke is that using the repair tool may result in deleting the installation.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

What would be better is if utilizing hull repairers while actually in combat deleted your installation.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Kiryen posted:

What would be better is if utilizing hull repairers while actually in combat deleted your installation.

Can I delete someone else's install with remote hull rep?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

supersnowman posted:

Can I delete someone else's install with remote hull rep?

you can but only with the 28 day train for T2

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I would like to meet the goon that has cornered the market on T2 remote hull reps.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Meanwhile why are there no Capital local hull repair units?

Would it be unbalanced?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 5, 2015

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Zephyrine posted:

Meanwhile why are there no Capital local hull repair units?

Would it be unbalanced?

I want these to exist just so our dumb ratters can start losing carriers fitted with them.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Can someone give me a free trial thing? I tried to join Goonfleet when I first joined SA/EVE and got rejected (rightfully so since I don't really post like most of you neckbeards) so I literally never left the tutorial academy thing because I didn't wanna waste time with this if I wasn't in a quality alliance/guild/corp/ whatever the gently caress they're called here. Anyways, I constantly get emails begging me to return to Eve and purchase stuff (imagine paying for a game you've never properly played...) and with this in mind I probably still can't join Goonfleet which remains dumb as hell but whatever it's your rules not mine.

Excluding that bit of backstory I'd like to actually just try out eve even if it's only 2 weeks of hell because the idea of piloting a space ship and living out my space piracy fantasies is appealing. Does anyone have one of those nifty trials?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Voyager I posted:

I want these to exist just so our dumb ratters can start losing carriers fitted with them.

I only found out that they didn't exist when I was making a hull tanked Carrier to sacrifice for Vile rat day.

Maybe if I team up with another Carrier and we remote rep?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

I only found out that they didn't exist when I was making a hull tanked Carrier to sacrifice for Vile rat day.

Maybe if I team up with another Carrier and we remote rep?

The Archon actually has a remote hull rep bonus :ullerrm: But they're stupidly cap intensive.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I don't understand why they're so awful. Like they don't have to be on par with armor and shield reps but they shouldn't be so bad.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Man, shame about the Burn Jita / Burn Amarr being cancelled this year. :nsamad:

8bitlawd posted:

Does anyone have one of those nifty trials?
Sure thing.

Dominionix
Feb 27, 2007

Because you touch yourself at night...

8bitlawd posted:

Can someone give me a free trial thing?

If you're referring to a buddy invite, sure, here you go.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Klyith posted:

Man, shame about the Burn Jita / Burn Amarr being cancelled this year. :nsamad:

:godwinning: gently caress FCON :godwinning:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I want to fly a hull repped brutix now

edit: oh wait god drat they are useless. I think they're for like repairing hull damage after a fight? I mean they make sense kinda in a post mobile depot world but not really in the 10 years before.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Zakrello posted:

:godwinning: gently caress FCON :godwinning:

Story time.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FCON does not gank.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

I want to fly a hull repped brutix now

edit: oh wait god drat they are useless. I think they're for like repairing hull damage after a fight? I mean they make sense kinda in a post mobile depot world but not really in the 10 years before.

Hull reppers never made sense tbh

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah if you are roaming around in a stratios or something, I can see keeping a hull repper in your cargo since you cant dock in hostile space.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Nietzschean posted:

FCON does not gank.

Burn FCON?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Burn FCON?