Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea, I've played it. R3E has easily the best audio production out of any modern sim. Graphics are nice, and the cars all drive well. I typically play race sims as hot lap sims except PCARS. I dug R3E.

Awesome! I'll give it a shot then.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znSPAdmvpZE

Paging Holdbrooks to the chat thread, Holdbrooks to the chat thread. They made a game just for you :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

tl;dr: Don't get a 30 year mortgage unless you have the ability and will to pay well over the payment, month after month. 15 or 20 year mortgages are the only solution if you don't like giving your money to a bank.

Get a 30, pay it like a 15. The difference between interest rates is not enough to worry about. In case money gets tight one month, make the default payment. It simply allows for greater flexibility.

Thing is, you have to specify that the overage on the payment is going towards the principal.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I am not sure how posted the link to these gifs, but I need this for a avatar

I tried resizing it to fit the size restrictions, but it just is way too small to tell wtf is going on. Does anyone have the time/expertise to crop out the words and get it avatar sized for me?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I had no idea those options are available. My mind is all :aaaaa:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Restored an old photo from my future father-in-law's Army days. He titled it, "My loving Sergeant threw a track."

This is in Germany sometime during the Cold War. This is pretty much the same look I get on my face when waiting for AAA to come pick me up.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Negromancer posted:

I am not sure how posted the link to these gifs, but I need this for a avatar

I tried resizing it to fit the size restrictions, but it just is way too small to tell wtf is going on. Does anyone have the time/expertise to crop out the words and get it avatar sized for me?

quick and dirty, I'll keep playing with it.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 4, 2015

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Tide posted:

Get a 30, pay it like a 15. The difference between interest rates is not enough to worry about. In case money gets tight one month, make the default payment. It simply allows for greater flexibility.

Thing is, you have to specify that the overage on the payment is going towards the principal.

This definitely depends on your situation. Going from a 30 year to a 15 year dropped my interest rate by 1% and only increased my monthly payment by about $200. Doing the 30 year but paying it like a 15 would result in paying an extra ~$10,000 over the life of the loan compared with doing an actual 15 year at a lower rate.

Also, condolences to anyone dealing with a scummy lending institution that doesn't automatically put extra towards the principle.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
So 14" my back was killing me after doing a clutch slave cylinder in a 08 Shelby mustang. But after that picture my balls have made me forget I even have a back.

Pizza chat: I only eat ZA from one place around here. And living around Chicago makes it a tough thing to find a decent ZA place with millions of options.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

This is perfect, thanks man! Now I just have to find a good quote to put with it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Galler posted:

Also, condolences to anyone dealing with a scummy lending institution that doesn't automatically put extra towards the principle.

My bank tried to make mortgage payments count as a debit transaction. I'm going to make an appointment to cancel my account with them very soon.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Negromancer posted:

This is perfect, thanks man! Now I just have to find a good quote to put with it.

:tipshat:

I used ezgif.com to make those, as well as my avatar. Super easy to use, and it's got all the standard tools used to compress gifs into usable sizes.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 5, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

1500quidporsche posted:

My bank tried to make mortgage payments count as a debit transaction. I'm going to make an appointment to cancel my account with them very soon.

That sort of thing is going to be illegal soon. So I don't know Steve, thanks I guess...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MrChips posted:

That sort of thing is going to be illegal soon. So I don't know Steve, thanks I guess...

RBC backed down anyways from the massive amount of backlash, but still it shows how much contempt they have for their average customer.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

As much poo poo as Chase gets from the media, they've never once done anything that pissed me off with my accounts. Whether a car loan, credit card, or my mortgage, extra on a payment has automatically applied to the principle, and they've never charged me a fee that I didn't deserve for doing something dumb, and on a number of occasions have waived fees that they legally could have charged to help me out with things (mostly when I was much younger, but you just don't forget poo poo like that. Or at least I don't).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got back from having delicious pizza. That is all.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

T-Square posted:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got back from having delicious pizza. That is all.

This is excellent news.

I had pizza for lunch, it was also delicious.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Mooseykins posted:

This is excellent news.

I had pizza for lunch, it was also delicious.

I had pizza for supper.

It was, frankly, incredible.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I, too, had pizza tonight.

Red Baron Mexican Style, aww yee. Red Baron is the best frozen poo poo-pizza, haters vacate.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

Red Baron Mexican Style, aww yee. Red Baron is the best frozen poo poo-pizza, haters vacate.

I thought this said haters vaccinate and thought that was clever.

Pizza chat : I've got leftover Costco pizza in the fridge. It's my go to for cheap pizza. :shrug:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
gently caress yeah Costco pizza. Sometimes you just need to hit up the food court after the gym for a shame free slice.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

mariooncrack posted:

I thought this said haters vaccinate and thought that was clever.

Pizza chat : I've got leftover Costco pizza in the fridge. It's my go to for cheap pizza. :shrug:

Costco makes a drat fine pizza for cheap but I never want to drive all the way out to Costco just for pizza. I will say, $1.50 for a hotdog and a soda makes a fine lunch while I'm shopping therebuying way more poo poo than I'll ever eat/use, though.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I paid for the registration on and dumped $60 worth of gas into my big blue turd of an avalanche to bring it to 3/4s of a tank. I also got an early birthday present of paid insurance until October 28th. A had a single scare tonight during the test run where I sucked up some bad gas and it stalled out on me, but after dumping a thing of royal purple's fuel additive junk and $40 of the previously mentioned $60 in gas into the tank, it smoothed out and idled completely smooth. The flat spot in the lovely tires even smoothed out so now they just need some air and for me to swap the rears to the front, a thorough cleaning, A/C compressor and to fix the driver's power window and I'll have a 90% functional automobile.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to see fury road for the fifth time tonight

Help

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Help

Help what? Help me remember the lines? Help me install spikes and superchargers on the Civic?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

Honestly I think I'd rather have Red Baron than Little Skeezers.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Watched Mad Max for the second time, in the rain, outdoors, in Cuba. Still worth it. Enraptured every second.

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...

SFH1989 posted:

Was going to post exactly this. I don't know why any of the national chain places exist here. There's an awesome little pizza place just a five minute walk from my house or I can drive ten minutes to a Pepe's. If I really want to I can drive 45 minutes to New Haven and have what ever awesome pizza I want. I've never been to Sally's or Bar and I need to fix that. Modern Apizza is my current personal favorite for the New Haven area.

Once a month, my friend from Long Island and I would meet up after work on Saturday to drive from the city up to New Haven for Sally's. MUCH better than Pepe's, and the best pizz in the tri-state (I'm from Central Jersey, he's from Long Island). Not sure how you are with seafood, but we would get a medium clam pie (white with motz) and a medium eggplant parm pie.

Now I want a Sally's pizza...and I'm 10 hours away in Eastern NC with crap all around me with only one good Italian deli near by.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'd rather have the super cheap $4 store brand freezer stuff than Little Ceasars.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
More pizza chat and I'm making curried loving lentils for dinner. Ughhhjhhhh

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Help

I'm going to see it for the 3rd time soon, hope to make it 4 before it's out of theaters. I have no help to offer you :getin:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Siochain posted:

I had pizza for supper.

It was, frankly, incredible.

Terrible Robot posted:

Glad to hear!

I was dying for pizza following last night's chat. Went to my old shop to see my mate. He phoned me about 2 minutes before i turned up (He text me at 8:30 to come help him and i dragged my rear end out of bed at like 1:30pm..) and was like "Lunch???"

Had to be pizza. There was no other option.

Then i went to hang out with my Snap-on dealer mate. Gave me a bunch of diag machines to sell for him.

"Sell this for me." *hands me a practically new Verdict diag machine* :v:

Gotta be a few grand there. He has two for me to sell. My other mate has a Solus for me to sell. :v:

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 5, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

IOwnCalculus posted:

Professional Red Baron havers do a little swirl of EVOO over the top before putting it in the oven, it's seriously almost as good as any of the delivery brands.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ether Frenzy posted:

Professional Red Baron havers do a little swirl of EVOO over the top before putting it in the oven, it's seriously almost as good as any of the delivery brands.

Protip right here.

Also I have been silent about the hate that Little Caesars has received up until now, but I have to say I really like them. Sure they're not very good when judged against large chains or local places, but it's $5 for a decently sized pie with all the basic toppings (and a good meatlovers for like a dollar more, come on). Plus I have a soft spot for LC because without them I literally would have starved in tech school. My roommate and I were told by our neighbor that a local Caesars just tossed all the unsold pizzas in the dumpster at the end of the night, without removing them from their boxes. So, at 11:15 we rolled up behind the shopping center that it was located in, found their dumpster and opened it up.

It was full of unspeakable riches.

Two stacks of pizza boxes, each nearly 4 feet high, and still piping hot from the oven. We stuffed my Celica's hatch full of booty (leaving the bottom layer of pizzas in the dumpster, because even starving 19 year olds have some standards), and ate like kings for nearly a month on the harvest. A few months later Little Caesars corporate instituted a change in policy, and now they take the pizzas out of the boxes and throw them in the bags with the rest of the trash.

Being desperately poor really sucked most of the time, but it had it's moments...:unsmith:

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 5, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You ate them over the course of a month? I toss that poo poo out after two days.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

You ate them over the course of a month? I toss that poo poo out after two days.

We threw most of them in the freezer when we got home, they reheated pretty well all things considered. Also like I said, we were kinda hungry.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

SFH1989 posted:

On the way to my friends apartment I saw Dodge finishing up an order for Holdbrooks.

I need to see Fury Road in the theater again while I have the chance.

I talked to a guy driving one of these a few weeks ago in town. This pissed me off I wait forever for mine special order and they saw how cool it was and decided to make 1000 more for a special edition for 2015. At least it is only the 1500's but there is 3 on the lot of one of the dealers her and at least one driving around :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terrible Robot posted:

We threw most of them in the freezer when we got home, they reheated pretty well all things considered. Also like I said, we were kinda hungry.

You could have gone back every week!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

You could have gone back every week!

But why would I waste gas/$ driving out there when I have a freezer full of pizza? :colbert:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Random fuckup: We're having a big Volvo club meet this weekend with some out of state visitors and I fully washed my car inside and out, got all done wiping away the last of the water drops, put it away in the garage only to realize I completely forgot to wash my engine bay. God dammit.

The Locator posted:

As much poo poo as Chase gets from the media, they've never once done anything that pissed me off with my accounts.

Everyone I know hates US Bank but I"ve been with them since I was 15 and got my first job, and they've always treated me right.

I had my first and last experience with Chase though, with the mortgage I'm refinancing. They hold my current mortgage so I called them first, figuring customer retention, easy paperwork, whatever. I inquired about a 15 year and I have great credit, he told me 4%. Then he actually said to me "wait that seems really high" and I said "yeah it does to me too". So he told me he'd look into it and I called 3 other banks. 2 of them offered me 3.25% on the spot and one offered me 3.125%. I went back to one of the banks (where I hold a credit card) with the 3.125 and they matched it.

Then I called Chase back and told them that 3 other banks offered 3.25 or better, and asked if they wanted to try and match it. I said "I called you first, here's your chance to keep me as a customer". "We can do 3.825% if you buy the points" he said. I asked him why his rate was so high and he didn't even answer. That kind of sticking to their numbers felt really wrong to me for some reason, like the car dealership that won't budge on an overpriced car. Arrogance, like they're calling a bluff.

Anyway, gently caress them if they don't want my $300+ a month in interest. I'll give it to someone who actually worked for my business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Help

Just to confirm, you are asking help so you can see it even more times, right?

• Locked thread