Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

OddObserver posted:

You can[1] still freely interface with another implementation of the same API that's not GNU-licensed.
Aforementioned android for example has its own libc, which is compatible enough to use some of the software that's normally used with GNU libc.
Edit: Open-source people care about this a great deal since APIs are often created by commercial vendors (think Microsoft, or Apple), and they want to prevent
the vendor from being able to 'lock in' a market via a legally-granted monopoly on the API. Linux is also basically an independent implementation of
UNIX APIs.

[1] Under Google's interpretation of the law, that is.

Hmm so yeah that is worse, but at the same time a lot of these same libraries are protectable under the interoperability section of the DMCA right? Or would ruling APIs copyrightable close that door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

GPL isn't the only such license in use, even if a lot of the open source world uses it. F.inst the MIT license is similar, in that it allows full freedom to modify and redistribute code and is compatible with GPL, but it also provides the ability for the users of MIT licensed code to incorporate it into proprietary works, without forcing the entire codebase to use the MIT license.

In more practical terms, the MIT implementation of the Kerberos authentication system is, unsurprisingly, under MIT license, and thus any bit of code that uses that, must include that license, but it need only apply to the bits that actually handle the Kerberos interactions. After you have done your Kerberos authentication, what you use that for can remain under your own lock and key if you wish. Their implementation is also compatible with a very similar Kerberos implementation called Heimdal which is under a BSD license. Only the bits that handle the Heimdal compatibility are under the BSD license, because it like the MIT license allows the work to be embedded in other work.

Which is all to say that licenses are a bit besides the point. If MIT had been able to copyright the API, the swedish guys who made Heimdal would not be able to make their own implementation in a manner that would let them be compatible. As it stands, both teams hold copyright on their own code, and the (almost) shared API, that is not under copyright, allows admins to decide if they prefer their server to used the MIT or the Heimdal code, while still being sure that user clients connecting using either library can still connect and be understood.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Condiv posted:

Hmm so yeah that is worse, but at the same time a lot of these same libraries are protectable under the interoperability section of the DMCA right? Or would ruling APIs copyrightable close that door?

You seem slightly confused, the API is the definition, the library is an implementation of that API. Currently you can have different implementations of the same API provide competing, but compatible, programs without violating any copyrights.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

If the ACA is gutted we're going to have a year and a half of most media outlets parroting the GOP's line of "LOOKING HOW loving TERRIBLE OBAMACARE IS" and that'll be used to bludgeon the Democrats.

The amount of damage the GOP did to Democrats over the ACA site's rollout will be a loving joke compared to the attack stuff they have lined up if/when the ACA is gutted. The GOP is better at this underhanded poo poo than the Dems are at countering it and both sides know this.

If this was true there wouldn't be quiet panic from Republicans getting reported repeatedly about what they're going to do if they actually win. It's people who have health insurance, that they presumably like having, in red states who will lose their insurance because of their republican elected officials. It's one thing to block people from getting insurance - most people denied medicare didn't realize they got screwed. It's another to actively take it away. These people will know they got screwed, and know they were better off with Obamacare than without. That is not good news for Republicans.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Except gutting Obamacare keeps the popular parts, and removes the unpopular part (subsidies for the poors).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sullat posted:

Except gutting Obamacare keeps the popular parts, and removes the unpopular part (subsidies for the poors).

Subsidies are for middle-class: poors are actually poo poo out of luck thanks to the medicare hole opened by the Supreme Court. And the people who are going to be furious are the people currently getting the subsidies, who certainly are not going to be cheering the fiscal restraint at taking things away from them. That's the issue for Republicans, there are a large number of people who will be very aware they are now significantly worse off, and it's going to be much easier to convince them it's the Republicans fault because (1) it is and (2) the reason it's the Republicans fault is pretty dang simple ('they could fix this in five minutes, but they refuse' vs. 'well [complicated bullshit] so really, it's all the Democrats fault').

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kalman posted:

B is part of the standard reason - transient copies are still copies.

The other reason is that incorporation of a work into your own work, even transformed, is a derivative of that work, so incorporation of the GPL library creates a derivative work of the GPL library, which is also an act of infringement.

The GPL only imposes restrictions on distribution of derived works, though, and the runtime transient copy happens on the end user's computer, from where the result is never distributed.

GhostBoy posted:

In more practical terms, the MIT implementation of the Kerberos authentication system is, unsurprisingly, under MIT license, and thus any bit of code that uses that, must include that license, but it need only apply to the bits that actually handle the Kerberos interactions. After you have done your Kerberos authentication, what you use that for can remain under your own lock and key if you wish.

No, you can take MIT code, change it, and release the result under another license (including proprietary, or not releasing source at all). MIT/BSD's defining characteristic these days is really that it lacks the license reciprocity requirement found in GPL/MPL/Apache/etc.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 4, 2015

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

duz posted:

You seem slightly confused, the API is the definition, the library is an implementation of that API. Currently you can have different implementations of the same API provide competing, but compatible, programs without violating any copyrights.

Yes, I'm aware that APIs are currently not considered copyrightable. The question is would stuff like wine still be protected from copyright under the DMCA's interoperability exceptions if APIs were copyrightable .

Subjunctive posted:

The GPL only imposes restrictions on distribution of derived works, though, and the runtime transient copy happens on the end user's computer, from where the result is never distributed.

I had forgotten about this. Who is making the copy in this case, the user who uses the program or the writer of the program?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

evilweasel posted:

Subsidies are for middle-class: poors are actually poo poo out of luck thanks to the medicare hole opened by the Supreme Court. And the people who are going to be furious are the people currently getting the subsidies, who certainly are not going to be cheering the fiscal restraint at taking things away from them. That's the issue for Republicans, there are a large number of people who will be very aware they are now significantly worse off, and it's going to be much easier to convince them it's the Republicans fault because (1) it is and (2) the reason it's the Republicans fault is pretty dang simple ('they could fix this in five minutes, but they refuse' vs. 'well [complicated bullshit] so really, it's all the Democrats fault').

105% of the poverty line is still "poor" by most practical definitions, but I see your point. Especially with the Medicare issue.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Condiv posted:

Yes, I'm aware that APIs are currently not considered copyrightable. The question is would stuff like wine still be protected from copyright under the DMCA's interoperability exceptions if APIs were copyrightable .

I had forgotten about this. Who is making the copy in this case, the user who uses the program or the writer of the program?

User. Author is liable for indirect infringement though (inducement and/or contributory.)

And I think you misunderstand the DMCA exceptions - they aren't copyright exceptions, they're exceptions specifically to the DMCA anti-circumvention provisions.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

evilweasel posted:

If this was true there wouldn't be quiet panic from Republicans getting reported repeatedly about what they're going to do if they actually win. It's people who have health insurance, that they presumably like having, in red states who will lose their insurance because of their republican elected officials. It's one thing to block people from getting insurance - most people denied medicare didn't realize they got screwed. It's another to actively take it away. These people will know they got screwed, and know they were better off with Obamacare than without. That is not good news for Republicans.

You have far more faith in the masses than I do. FoxNews, Talk Radio and the rest of the right wing machine will hammer away at "OBAMACARE DID THIS TO YOU :bahgawd:" until the election while others give some truth is in the middle bullshit.

Though maybe we're all reading the tea leaves wrong and Roberts is going to side with the ACA again and wanted the case taken up so that it could be put to rest and the court not stuck hearing (more) ACA cases, but that's probably even less likely.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

You have far more faith in the masses than I do. FoxNews, Talk Radio and the rest of the right wing machine will hammer away at "OBAMACARE DID THIS TO YOU :bahgawd:" until the election while others give some truth is in the middle bullshit.

Though maybe we're all reading the tea leaves wrong and Roberts is going to side with the ACA again and wanted the case taken up so that it could be put to rest and the court not stuck hearing (more) ACA cases, but that's probably even less likely.

It's such a bad situation that the "Freedom Caucus" of the House, which is exactly as loony as it sounds (it contains several of the "suicide caucus" that tried to sink Boehner's re-election), think it would be bad enough they are willing to consider extending the subsidies past the 2016 election because they realize the backlash is going to be a problem: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-conservatives-entertain-obamacare-subsidy-fix

They are going to try to attach poison pills to the bill, but they realize that it's a problem.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Condiv posted:

The user.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Weren't there indications that Kennedy of all people was showing signs that he might not rule in favor of the plaintiffs on the grounds that it was coercion against states to force them to make an exchange in order to receive subsidies?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

evilweasel posted:

And, even better, push it into the 2016 election cycle in key battleground states. If there's one thing the Republicans want, its Hillary and the Democrats hammering them on supporting taking away insurance from several million people out of stupidity.

Nate RFB posted:

Weren't there indications that Kennedy of all people was showing signs that he might not rule in favor of the plaintiffs on the grounds that it was coercion against states to force them to make an exchange in order to receive subsidies?

Yes. That seems to be one of the key points for those who think it will survive.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Medicaid, not Medicare.

And I'm pretty sure the GOP would offer an extension of the subsidies in exchange for stripping the mandate, thus putting the ball in Obama's court to veto.

In any case, it's not only red states that would lose the subsidies; a handful of blue states screwed up their marketplaces so bad they've reverted to healthcare.gov (while other Dem states at the time, like IL, used healthcare.gov instead of establishing a state marketplace). All in all, a little over 6 million people are now receiving subsidies from the federal marketplace and it's really hard to say how that would shake out politically, given their spread across 38 or so states.

eta: Yours is a variation on the 2014 claim by Dems that the GOP's refusal to expand Medicaid would slam-dunk the midterms for the Dems. (I myself thought so too at one time.)

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 4, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay so what do we got this month:
1. Marriage Equality
2. Obamacare vs. The Most Bullshit Semantic Argument I've Ever Heard
3. Should Prisoners Be Treated as People When it's Beneficial to the GOP's Hold Over Congress?
4. Are Death Threats Okay If They're On The Computer?

Am I missing anything?

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

evilweasel posted:

Well, surely (from a political point of view) it's almost entirely a question of whether the Republicans can actually get a bill through Congress?

If they do get something passed, I think the dynamic that you're referring to actually flips around and starts working in the Republicans' favor ('Obamacare got taken away because the Democrats screwed up writing it, then we tried to fix it but Obama won't let us').

e:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

4. Are Death Threats Okay If They're On The Computer?

We already got this, assuming you're referring to Elonis and there's not another case about threatening speech on the Internet

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Okay so what do we got this month:
1. Marriage Equality
2. Obamacare vs. The Most Bullshit Semantic Argument I've Ever Heard

If the Roberts court rules correctly, this will be the maybe the best Inside Job ever pulled.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bob Ojeda posted:

We already got this, assuming you're referring to Elonis and there's not another case about threatening speech on the Internet
Oh.

Wait, does that ruling mean that death threats over the internet are legal because there's no way to prove that I'm not simply using my wish to murder that person as an expression of how strongly I disagree with them? I don't get the ruling.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They decided not to answer whether or not that kind of speech is protected.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

All they said was the standard the wrong but didn't clarify at all what the appropriate one to use should be and reversed and punted back down.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

And I'm pretty sure the GOP would offer an extension of the subsidies in exchange for stripping the mandate, thus putting the ball in Obama's court to veto.

In any case, it's not only red states that would lose the subsidies; a handful of blue states screwed up their marketplaces so bad they've reverted to healthcare.gov (while other Dem states at the time, like IL, used healthcare.gov instead of establishing a state marketplace). All in all, a little over 6 million people are now receiving subsidies from the federal marketplace and it's really hard to say how that would shake out politically, given their spread across 38 or so states.

eta: Yours is a variation on the 2014 claim by Dems that the GOP's refusal to expand Medicaid would slam-dunk the midterms for the Dems. (I myself thought so too at one time.)

As to the first part, that's in my post, but I doubt (1) the poison pill gambit would work politically and (2) that you can actually round up enough Republican votes to pass it without Democratic votes.

As to the second, most rationales for a King decision that guts the subsidies would permit blue states that don't oppose exchanges, just were bad at them, to still get subsidies through declaring the federal exchange 'their' exchange or a partnership exchange. It's states that oppose exchanges in general that are boned.

As for the medicaid, there's a reason that I (and everyone else) draw the distinction about taking away an existing insurance vs. blocking getting insurance, because that proved to be decisive for the medicaid expansion. Most people didn't know they'd lost something. Hell, there was that guy recently railing about Obamacare because he was going blind who discovered he'd gotten hosed by his state declining to expand medicaid only like a week into his public ranting, and was quite surprised by it. The distinction here is important that the exchanges already exist, and people already have insurance.

King before Obamacare started would have created the medicaid situation. It's very different now that people have their insurance.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bob Ojeda posted:

Well, surely (from a political point of view) it's almost entirely a question of whether the Republicans can actually get a bill through Congress?

If they do get something passed, I think the dynamic that you're referring to actually flips around and starts working in the Republicans' favor ('Obamacare got taken away because the Democrats screwed up writing it, then we tried to fix it but Obama won't let us').

I don't believe the poison pill ploy would work politically if they could pass it. I also just don't see Republicans able to pass it. They have more of a majority in the House than in the debt ceiling follies so it's possible, but I don't see it clearing the House anyway, and I don't see it getting out of the Senate. You can't run on repeal, repeal repeal for six years, vote 40 times to repeal it, then try to cast yourself as the guys trying to save it. It just doesn't work politically.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

evilweasel posted:

I don't believe the poison pill ploy would work politically if they could pass it. I also just don't see Republicans able to pass it. They have more of a majority in the House than in the debt ceiling follies so it's possible, but I don't see it clearing the House anyway, and I don't see it getting out of the Senate. You can't run on repeal, repeal repeal for six years, vote 40 times to repeal it, then try to cast yourself as the guys trying to save it. It just doesn't work politically.

I can see it working if they can pass it. If they can get across the message is that they thought Obamacare was a bad law, which is why they tried to repeal it, and now the Supreme Court has proven them right so they're trying to pass a health care reform package that actually works, I think they could live with that. It doesn't really make sense if you look at the underlying policy, but as narratives go, I think you could do a lot worse. I mean, it's not like it has to be particularly good policy, since whatever they pass isn't going to become law anyway. It's not going to be great for them but as long as they have something they can point to and say "This is our solution", it's pretty survivable. Even just an extension would help, as long as they get to say "Your insurance got taken away because Obamacare was a poorly-written law." Which they will.

Of course that does still leave the question of whether they could actually get anything passed, which is a much bigger stumbling block.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yes. That seems to be one of the key points for those who think it will survive.

If it survives what's the next avenue of attack the GOP will use to try and get the ACA destroyed? I'd say that sooner or later they'd give up but groups like ALEC exist solely to ensure that the fight never ends no matter how slowly they have to chip away.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

If it survives what's the next avenue of attack the GOP will use to try and get the ACA destroyed? I'd say that sooner or later they'd give up but groups like ALEC exist solely to ensure that the fight never ends no matter how slowly they have to chip away.

If it survives King I can't really see any more attacks on it because they've offered the Supreme Court the chance to kill it entirely, the chance to kill it partially, and haven't won either. It's not like anyone believes the vote here is turning on the legal merits of the argument so you'd need some reason why the politics changed for Roberts - and the politics get worse for him the longer it's in place.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm pessimistic that they will find a way. Remember that few people thought this case would actually be granted cert.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm pessimistic that they will find a way. Remember that few people thought this case would actually be granted cert.

I generally think that Roberts is too cognizant of the danger King poses to both the long-term health of the court and to his party to actually go along with it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Sorry for the double post.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 4, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean, maybe they'll go for this. But if they don't, why would they suddenly go for round three? What's going to change? All I can see is one of the liberals croaking when Jeb Bush gets elected, but if he gets elected it's getting gutted without the Supreme Court.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I would be okay with the "1 person, 1 vote" case going against all citizens if we have a positive gay marriage ruling and a positive subsidies ruling.

I try to balance out the world.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

evilweasel posted:

I mean, maybe they'll go for this. But if they don't, why would they suddenly go for round three? What's going to change? All I can see is one of the liberals croaking when Jeb Bush gets elected, but if he gets elected it's getting gutted without the Supreme Court.

You think that its going to be politically possible to take away millions of people insurance legislatively? Like, I've always rather assumed that the reason Boehner and Mitch have let this whole thing go on as long as it has is that they knew Obama more or less would stop it before it got far enough to become politically damaging.

Or do you think that they've leaned so far in that even if they know what damage it will do, that they would have to do it anyway or risk an open revolt in the party that would be more dangerous to them than just telling them the game is up?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You think that its going to be politically possible to take away millions of people insurance legislatively? Like, I've always rather assumed that the reason Boehner and Mitch have let this whole thing go on as long as it has is that they knew Obama more or less would stop it before it got far enough to become politically damaging.

Or do you think that they've leaned so far in that even if they know what damage it will do, that they would have to do it anyway or risk an open revolt in the party that would be more dangerous to them than just telling them the game is up?

They've promised their paymasters and the gribbly pack of slobs that make up their base that they'll rip up the New Deal just as soon as they get control of the White House again. They're going to have to at least try their best to hurt some people and do some damage in order to satisfy that constituency.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

They've promised their paymasters and the gribbly pack of slobs that make up their base that they'll rip up the New Deal just as soon as they get control of the White House again. They're going to have to at least try their best to hurt some people and do some damage in order to satisfy that constituency.

My question was if EW thinks that they've lost control of the situation to the point that they'd commit what be tantamount to political suicide. (They've proven again and again that there's no way they could agree on a replacement and would completely tear themselves apart trying to do it.)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

evilweasel posted:

As to the first part, that's in my post, but I doubt (1) the poison pill gambit would work politically and (2) that you can actually round up enough Republican votes to pass it without Democratic votes.

As to the second, most rationales for a King decision that guts the subsidies would permit blue states that don't oppose exchanges, just were bad at them, to still get subsidies through declaring the federal exchange 'their' exchange or a partnership exchange. It's states that oppose exchanges in general that are boned.

As for the medicaid, there's a reason that I (and everyone else) draw the distinction about taking away an existing insurance vs. blocking getting insurance, because that proved to be decisive for the medicaid expansion. Most people didn't know they'd lost something. Hell, there was that guy recently railing about Obamacare because he was going blind who discovered he'd gotten hosed by his state declining to expand medicaid only like a week into his public ranting, and was quite surprised by it. The distinction here is important that the exchanges already exist, and people already have insurance.

King before Obamacare started would have created the medicaid situation. It's very different now that people have their insurance.

You've got a point about what people have (subsidies) vs. what they never had (expanded Medicaid), but I don't think compliance will mean merely branding a state page pointing to healthcare.gov as fulfilling the requirement if King prevails. And that isn't even getting to the formerly blue states like IL that lost the governor's election in 2014, or states whose legislatures flipped from blue to red, like NV and MN. Plus, the money that the feds gave the states to start the exchanges has dried up now; it would take a (new) act of Congress to fund any transition, which I'm pretty sure would be DOA.

Given that a record number of middle-class people are saying that even with subsidies they can't afford to actually use their insurance coverage, I'm not sure it's gonna have that much of a political impact if SCOTUS decides in favor of King. (Even Congressional Dems are now acklowledging the plight of the underinsured due to stratospheric out-of-pocket costs.)

On top of all that are the 30-50 percent increases that many insurers have been proposing for 2016; it's gonna be hard for Dems to rally the troops on behalf of Romneycare whether Burwell prevails or not.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

OddObserver posted:

Edit: Open-source people care about this a great deal since APIs are often created by commercial vendors (think Microsoft, or Apple), and they want to prevent
the vendor from being able to 'lock in' a market via a legally-granted monopoly on the API. Linux is also basically an independent implementation of
UNIX APIs.
Ironically the reverse is probably true as well since if APIs are ruled uncopyrightable, it would render the GPL linking provisions largely unenforceable. (Not that it matters that much given the number of potential loopholes in those provisions.)

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 4, 2015

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

OneEightHundred posted:

Ironically the reverse is probably true as well since if APIs are ruled uncopyrightable, it would render the GPL linking provisions largely unenforceable. (Not that it matters that much given the number of potential loopholes in those provisions.)

The library binary is still copyrighted and can only be linked against with an appropriate license.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

hobbesmaster posted:

The library binary is still copyrighted and can only be linked against with an appropriate license.
Sure, but you can distribute the library binary anyway. What they want to prevent is distributing a non-GPL program that links to it, on the grounds that it's a derivative work. If APIs aren't copyrightable, then the program isn't a derivative work any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Then you'd need to answer whether ABIs are copyright able which is almost certainly yes.