Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
gamera is better than godzilla

i can't find a cool gif of him spinning around while he flies but pretend i posted one here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I have never seen a Godzilla movie despite going to college with a dude who owned literally every Godzilla movie.

He did deign to show me a clip from Final Wars though where American Godzilla (1998) appears in Sydney, Australia and is immediately vaporized by another monster.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

holo is very good in the spice and wolf dub, i didn't like lawrence but his actor is good (he was okabe in the steins;gate dub) so i wouldn't be surprised if he grew into it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I have never seen a Godzilla movie despite going to college with a dude who owned literally every Godzilla movie.

He did deign to show me a clip from Final Wars though where American Godzilla (1998) appears in Sydney, Australia and is immediately vaporized by another monster.
final wars owns hard

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The curbstomp in question:
https://youtu.be/bIcExdpsEcQ

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

That "another monster" is Godzilla.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I last saw that clip in 2010, sorry for not remembering everything.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Endorph posted:

final wars owns hard

Yeah it's hella sick.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spice and Wolf dub is good but it is heresy to break up FukuJun and Koshimizu.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

ebert ruled

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i actually realized i know nothing about godzilla really so i'm going to watch all the godzilla movies in order starting with the 1954 one, right now.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the Bingo-maru is a cool name for a ship

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just read the plot synopsis of Final Wars and holy poo poo it sounds amazing. I need to own that movie.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Next ADTRW simulwatch confirmed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Final Wars is great.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hello chat thread.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

Hello chat thread.

[Godzilla noises]

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
hi orv

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Nah it's littleorv. orv is a different SA poster.

Hello btw

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I need a Godzilla roar ringtone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Almost.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My av is not nearly powerful enough to compare.

Someone should make me a powerful Gintama av

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

back from teh motherfuckin miku opera. it was epic. didnt expect it to be that experimental but i liked it. feel bad for the two girls cosplaying as miku with glowsticks i saw who had to sit through 90 minutes of noise music and miku getting the poo poo beaten out of her by a terrifying rabbit tho
heres a picture of the miku statue they had

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Paper Triangle posted:

i actually realized i know nothing about godzilla really so i'm going to watch all the godzilla movies in order starting with the 1954 one, right now.

Just to let you know, the original has a completely different tone than the rest

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

back from teh motherfuckin miku opera. it was epic. didnt expect it to be that experimental but i liked it. feel bad for the two girls cosplaying as miku with glowsticks i saw who had to sit through 90 minutes of noise music and miku getting the poo poo beaten out of her by a terrifying rabbit tho
heres a picture of the miku statue they had

miku looking good in her louis vuitton designer clothes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the miku hatsune opera is a tour de force. i could compare it with great works such as citizen kane and evangelion but that would do injustice to the opera. this is no mere work, this is an experience. an experience that, for those lucky few that witness it changes the very way they see life

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Smoking Crow posted:

Just to let you know, the original has a completely different tone than the rest

it's really cool so far. i like how it's mostly (seemingly) about small-town paranoia. at one point there's this guy on a train like "ugh we have to go back to the shelters again?" which kind of blew my mind. i also like how they had a paleontologist at their town hall meeting to address ships mysteriously blowing up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite godzilla movie is the one where godzilla is the angry ghost of all those wronged by the japanese army during ww2

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My favourite Godzilla movie is the new one since that is the only one I've seen.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

My av is not nearly powerful enough to compare.

Someone should make me a powerful Gintama av

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that isn't powerful at all

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's good but it's not nearly anime enough.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I would like to see the Miku opera

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This is still up for grabs

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

that isn't powerful at all

littleorv posted:

It's good but it's not nearly anime enough.

ugh, fine. Is this in danger of inducing epilepsy

e: Alternatively

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 4, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

gee, Gon and Killua are starting to get a bit gay there

I guess I now know why it's called "Hunter X Hunter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Alternative is petty good. I'm going to go and do some divination and see if I should commit to the change.

• Locked thread