Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

That's Coulson on the left of the promo, right? Do ... do people actually care about him? :smith: He's so bland.

I sure am looking forward to redoing my entire pull list at once when this comes around!

Yes. Read Mark Waid's SHIELD, it's great. Also he was great in the recent Secret Avengers volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Yes. Read Mark Waid's SHIELD, it's great. Also he was great in the recent Secret Avengers volume.

I found him inoffensively bland in the MCU and on Agents of SHIELD so I never bothered picking up the SHIELD comic. Wasn't super invested in him in Secret Avengers, either, honestly. I don't know what it is about the guy. It's cool that folks do actually like him though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I don't know what it is about the guy.

He was in the films.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

He was in the films.

So was Maria Hill. :smith: (In the least consequential role of all time, I know, I know.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

So was Maria Hill. :smith: (In the least consequential role of all time, I know, I know.)

She was pretty important in Winter Soldier.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Deadpool posted:

It really is. I was going to say it has nothing to do with the show, but thinking about it more, the comic is probably more what people thought the show was going to be: Coulson getting into adventures with various superheroes

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

howe_sam posted:

It really is. I was going to say it has nothing to do with the show, but thinking about it more, the comic is probably more what people thought the show was going to be: Coulson getting into adventures with various superheroes

That's pretty much how Waid was pitching the book in interviews "Agents of SHIELD: the unlimited budget version"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Look at all those Spider-People!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Codependent Poster posted:

Look at all those Spider-People!

Maybe this is how they are going to get the right to Fantastic Four back. Make a Fantastic Four book starring four Spider-people. I'd have to imagine it would sell better than a normal FF book would sell.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Maybe this is how they are going to get the right to Fantastic Four back. Make a Fantastic Four book starring four Spider-people. I'd have to imagine it would sell better than a normal FF book would sell.

I think you are very confused about what rights they do and don't have and how that works.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Senor Candle posted:

I think you are very confused about what rights they do and don't have and how that works.

That part was a joke, but I do think an all Spider-People Fantastic Four book would outside a Fantastic Four book with the classic characters.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Steve is still old? Awesome.

Is he still going to have the huge hole through the middle of his head that Iron Man gave him?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hmm.

Thing on the GOTG, Johnny on the Inhumans. Looks like the F4 characters will still be used but in other franchises.

X-23 graduates to Wolverine, Old Man Logan hangs around.

Is that Shadowland Daredevil?

I can't tell who that is standing between Thing and Inferno.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 5, 2015

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dacap posted:

Probably an Inhuman. Or that new Hulk Alonso was rabbiting on about? Did not expect to see a female Doctor Spectrum amongst Marvel's big announcements...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Citizen loving V?!?!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So down with Laura on every team like Logan. Chomping on Cigars, downing beers and being gruff to Cap/Scott/Whomevers in charge of the team.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

Citizen loving V?!?!

Thunderbolts relaunch was teased months ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dacap posted:

Maybe it's the new Dr. Doom!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dacap posted:

Hmm.

Thing on the GOTG, Johnny on the Inhumans. Looks like the F4 characters will still be used but in other franchises.

X-23 graduates to Wolverine, Old Man Logan hangs around.

Is that Shadowland Daredevil?

FINALLY, Laura's not calling herself X-23 any more. That'd be like Logan calling himself Weapon X.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

ImpAtom posted:

That's what I thought when I saw it. The shade of green seems right and he seems to be wearing a grey/metal mask.

E:

Yvonmukluk posted:

FINALLY, Laura's not calling herself X-23 any more. That'd be like Logan calling himself Weapon X.

Or Wade Wilson calling himself Deadpool :v:.

(It might be confusing having Logan and Wolverine around for a while but yeah I think it'd be a good thing for her to change names, although iirc isn't she supposed to already have an X-men name, Talon or something?)

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

It's been done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think people have adjusted well enough to there being two Hawkeyes they can manage two Wolverines.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I think people have adjusted well enough to there being two Hawkeyes they can manage two Wolverines.

Or Captain Americas, or Human Torches, or Ms./Captain Marvels

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

We've had like four goddamn Spidermen running around at one time or another.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Things I see: Two Mutants (Logan?), X-23. Hyperion. I think that is the Great Society version of Doctor Spectrum. Thing joined The Warbler's from Glee. Iron Man is kawai, Daredevil learned how to dress for the dark, Citizen V is a badass, Doctor Strange wants to axe you a question, and there are some Inhumans I don't recall

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ImpAtom posted:

Clearly after Secret Wars is done, Doom will de-age himself and decide that their is one knowledge he must master. Freestyle rapping!
He must go down the 8 Mile route.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

twistedmentat posted:

I adjusted to it so well I actually totally forgot about that despite getting caught up on Hawkeye last week :downs:. I think having Logan and X-23/Wolverine be fine.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 5, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Hrrm, I'm guessing Cumberbatch is going to be dual wielding spells and an axe in the movies. So they can have more dynamic fight scenes instead of Harry Potter magic hose duels.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I feel stupidly relieved to see some mutants in promo material. :shobon:

I'm also all about Dr Strange with an axe. I'm fuckin' into it. He looks really cool and I'm excited to hopefully see Marvel do more with the guy again pre-movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm down with an old-school T-Bolts book again. Citizen V Zorro-ing it up on fools. Though Dr Spectrum kinda makes Songbird redundant. :(

And Shadowland Daredevil is major alarm bells.

Really like Laura's Wolverine suit, though.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

DrProsek posted:

(It might be confusing having Logan and Wolverine around for a while but yeah I think it'd be a good thing for her to change names, although iirc isn't she supposed to already have an X-men name, Talon or something?)
Yeah, no idea why that never took off. The classic "but but but people would get CONFUSED" argument? Or did DC's Talon come into existence and they said gently caress it? Or maybe whoever wrote that didn't consult anyone else (I do believe it was from a 'future' issue so all bets are off - it may well have been the one where Emma Frost is codenamed Diamondheart which I thought was kinda cool, too) and nobody else noticed/cared.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I feel stupidly relieved to see some mutants in promo material. :shobon:
Haha, every event someone whips up the rumor that the X-Men are gonna be sequestered in a separate-but-totally-equal-guys MU, and every event I call it bullshit, and every event I'm still relieved it doesn't happen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Everything in that image is awesome, but to me the most awesome is that Hyperion is sticking around.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 5, 2015

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Marvel realized Talon was a stupid name.

I bet that new Doom is Kristoff. Down for Thing on Guardians. I wonder if CM Punk had a hand in that so he can be involved in Drax's book.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Deadpool posted:

Everything in that image is awesome, but to me the most awesome is that Hyperion is sticking around.

Too bad his beard didn't stick around too, that was a good look.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Deadpool posted:

Just give me a book where Hyperion and Thor are roommates

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's not Doom. It's Karnak.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really want the X-Men on a Separate but Equal Marvel because I really want the metaphor beaten home even more.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm guessing New Iron Man is going to be a really big deal since he's front and center on both promos.

Also I have a feeling Reed and Sue are going to be MIA because of something regarding Val and Franklin being missing or dead. I think there's a line about them sacrificing themselves after some major war of realities in Hickman's Fantastic Four years ago. I just re read the whole run before Secret Wars #1 and remember it sticking out.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
So uh, are they really pushing a racist Indian caricature in deer skins on their big roll-out promo? Because wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Semper Fudge posted:

So uh, are they really pushing a racist Indian caricature in deer skins on their big roll-out promo? Because wow.

Red Wolf is a Cheyenne warrior in the 1870s. His look is era appropriate.

• Locked thread