Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wrong cop thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
They're both wrong when you think about it.

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45
So what the correct procedure when you encounter someone with earbuds in? Do you yell louder, tap them on the shoulder or walk in front of them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ZwvYqMRhQ

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Clearly it's to go for the ipod/phone with one of these

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

1st watch: wow that loving pig just wasted some dude for no reason.

2nd watch: lol that loving dude just committed suicide by cop. Well done, idiot.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Scruff McGruff posted:

Clearly it's to go for the ipod/phone with one of these

Are American police cars not equipped with brakes?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GlassElephant posted:

So what the correct procedure when you encounter someone with earbuds in? Do you yell louder, tap them on the shoulder or walk in front of them?

watching on my phone but was that idiots reaction to turning around and seeing a cop sticking a handgun in his face to shout nah foo and fondling his balls with both hands? nothing of value was lost

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

watching on my phone but was that idiots reaction to turning around and seeing a cop sticking a handgun in his face to shout nah foo and fondling his balls with both hands? nothing of value was lost

And he was standing with the guys at the truck when the cops rolled up. Apparently he was drunk underage, so I imagine that's why he tried to be cute and walk off.

Unfortunate chain of events for that guy.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

GlassElephant posted:

Why is your music so loud you can't hear someone yelling from right next to you. The Kids These Days.

Edit. Also it looks like he was just chatting with the other people standing there so I'd wager he could hear with them in just fine.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Untagged posted:

Why is your music so loud you can't hear someone yelling from right next to you. The Kids These Days.

Edit. Also it looks like he was just chatting with the other people standing there so I'd wager he could hear with them in just fine.

He heard just fine, he even told the cop "nah, fool" when he turned around to see a gun in his face.

Even if he didn't hear, was he blind too?

Nice troll attempt though, 5/5.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Should have shot him in the back tbh

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

He heard just fine, he even told the cop "nah, fool" when he turned around to see a gun in his face.

Even if he didn't hear, was he blind too?

Nice troll attempt though, 5/5.

I didn't notice this was from a while back. Also I'm in a meeting so no sound :ssh:.

#justiceforheadphones

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/31772096?mobile_direct=y

Sounds like possible suicide by cop based on his Facebook posts leading up to it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Whale Cancer posted:

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/31772096?mobile_direct=y

Sounds like possible suicide by cop based on his Facebook posts leading up to it.

Making that connection is retarded. If anything it's just more evidence that he was a 20 year old who makes bad decisions.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nm, read the article.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBgkAmJUn0

Another sov citizen gets owned.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

This never gets old.

... Until the sovereign citizen pulls an AK :(

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

nothing of value was lost

:hf:

Satisfies every time

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

To me it sounds like that's some guy in the background yelling at him "stop, fool" or "nah, fool" or something. I don't think the guy who gets shot ever says anything.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

at the date posted:

To me it sounds like that's some guy in the background yelling at him "stop, fool" or "nah, fool" or something. I don't think the guy who gets shot ever says anything.

It was him.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Untagged posted:

It was him.

haha welp, what an idiot

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holy poo poo that cop showed some serious self control you could tell he just wanted to waste the guy on the spot
gently caress i love sovereign citizens

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Post a story about getting dispatched to something that sounded like something bad, but turned out to be hilariously benign.

When I was in high school TV Production class, our assignment in october was to try and make a short film that was actually scary. The last scene involved the aftermath of my character having been hit by a car, so I was being filmed laying down by the side of the road covered in fake blood and surrounded by panicked actors.

A few minutes after we wrapped, a cop pulled up.

:cop: "Hey guys, what are y'all up to this morning?"
:downs: "We're just shooting a film for school."
:cop: "I see. *sees me still covered in fake blood* Were you filming something about a guy getting run over by a car?"
:downs: "Uh, yes sir, that was me."
:cop: "Well, you gave a pretty convincing performance. We've had about ten people who drove by you call 911."
:downs: "Oh man, I'm sorry... I mean, we're all finished, we were actually just about to leave."
:cop: "Sounds good, I'm just glad nobody's hurt. Maybe now I can finally get some breakfast."

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

A few years ago an officer screamed bloody murder into the radio about witnessing a dead body being dragged into the woods and the guy carrying a rifle. Queue EVERYONE hauling rear end to him. Helicopter, K-9, SWAT, the works.

Turned out it was a couple of film students making a movie and not bothering to let anyone know. The "dead body" was a punching bag thrown into a canvas tarp. The "rifle" was one of the kids carrying their camera + tripod.

:aaaaa:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Whip Slagcheek posted:

A few years ago an officer screamed bloody murder into the radio about witnessing a dead body being dragged into the woods and the guy carrying a rifle. Queue EVERYONE hauling rear end to him. Helicopter, K-9, SWAT, the works.

Turned out it was a couple of film students making a movie and not bothering to let anyone know. The "dead body" was a punching bag thrown into a canvas tarp. The "rifle" was one of the kids carrying their camera + tripod.

:aaaaa:

those 12 hour beats sure get to people dont theh

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Turned out it was a couple of film students making a movie and not bothering to let anyone know.

Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission .

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Rolled up on a dude in the Army that people thought was about to shoot himself or someone else with "a rifle"

Turns out he was just carrying a stick and knocking over garden gnomes and jerking off on them. Master Sergeant said "Imma give you 15 seconds to finish and then we drive you home".

He finished. On the gnome. We drove him home. He offered to shake hands. We didn't.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Vahakyla posted:

Rolled up on a dude in the Army that people thought was about to shoot himself or someone else with "a rifle"

Turns out he was just carrying a stick and knocking over garden gnomes and jerking off on them. Master Sergeant said "Imma give you 15 seconds to finish and then we drive you home".

He finished. On the gnome. We drove him home. He offered to shake hands. We didn't.

:dogbutton:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vahakyla posted:

Stupid sexy gnomes.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

So that's where the drunk thread comes from...

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
it would be rude not to let him finish though. Good call master sergeant.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

We drove him home. He offered to shake hands. We didn't.

I never shake hands with people at work. Ever. I just tell them I'm coming down with a cold.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Doppelganger posted:

Post a story about getting dispatched to something that sounded like something bad, but turned out to be hilariously benign.

We responded to a reported large fight between teens. They were using bats, brooms, trash cans ,and were shouting at each other.

Since this sounded like a possible gang fight with weapons, we sent multiple units.

It wasn't a gang fight, it was a bunch of teens LARP-ing. :v:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Not mine but a colleagues.

Call comes in that a man is on a rooftop with an RPG, caller says he was in the army for 8 years and knows his poo poo.

Normal police are taken off the street because our batons can't reliably deflect anti-tank weapons and super special police arrive to deal with him.

Guns are pointed at suspect, RPG found to be a piece of steel scaffolding he was stealing. 'Soldier' turned out to be a frontiersman.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Dispatch says an armed robbery in progress at McDonald's and it turns out to be a customer complaining that his order was wrong :rolleyes:

Apparently when they hosed up his sausage biscuit he started yelling so they hit the silent "hold up" button (which they know they're not supposed to do). The alarm company calls dispatch and says the "armed robbery" alarm went off. This happens all the time. It's 99.9999999% bullshit because someone accidentally hits the button.

following protocol our dispatch calls Mickey D's but instead of asking what's going on she says "is the man with the gun still there?" Employee doesn't correct her, she just says "he went to his car but he's trying to get back into the store, we locked him out"

Cue 30 loving deputies pointing long arms at this dude who got a little rowdy over his breakfast sandwich :cop:

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
For once I want to respond to a call reporting 50-100 people fighting and actually find 50-100 people fighting.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So what then? "Is this a private fight or can I join?"

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Dispatch says an armed robbery in progress at McDonald's and it turns out to be a customer complaining that his order was wrong :rolleyes:

Apparently when they hosed up his sausage biscuit he started yelling so they hit the silent "hold up" button (which they know they're not supposed to do). The alarm company calls dispatch and says the "armed robbery" alarm went off. This happens all the time. It's 99.9999999% bullshit because someone accidentally hits the button.

following protocol our dispatch calls Mickey D's but instead of asking what's going on she says "is the man with the gun still there?" Employee doesn't correct her, she just says "he went to his car but he's trying to get back into the store, we locked him out"

Cue 30 loving deputies pointing long arms at this dude who got a little rowdy over his breakfast sandwich :cop:

Has anyone ever responded to an actual burglar alarm and found a burglar? I bet we get 50-100 alarm calls a year and its always been either accidental activations or some other thing.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

A few times, yeah. We probably get 50-100 alarm calls a month though. All the examples I can recall were businesses broken into overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

deratomicdog posted:

For once I want to respond to a call reporting 50-100 people fighting and actually find 50-100 people fighting.

Come and work in London. This is a semi-regular occurrence in most drinking districts.

• Locked thread