Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
We just need offensive tweets

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

armoredgorilla posted:

I'm not pissy though? I just think it should have been the finish. Match was still awesome.

Pissy was probably the wrong word to use I meant more along the lines of contentious. Personally I liked/it made sense to me that he would have to bust out a bunch of new killer moves to beat Superman John Cena clean like that, because Owens is a smart dude who knew what it would take

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I can picture Dixie thinking that Borash tweet as being the funniest thing ever.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

super macho dude posted:

I can picture Dixie thinking.

I can't

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SzDm-EbNg

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rowdy Roddy Piper posted:

AND HUMPING......Baby Jesus......and humping

I think Hot Rod has become his own bot.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

everyone always talks about Dave's love of '70s roller derby, but it's hilarious how many times he's used Green Acres in analogies having to do with wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can see now why those All Japan ladies couldn't resist Big Dave :swoon:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think Hot Rod has become his own bot.

He's like a less self-aware horse_ebooks.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Green acres was the poo poo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bigass Moth posted:

Green acres was the poo poo.

I heard it was the place to be.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Some times Lance has some gold.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing I picked up from Jericho's book is that Lance has a good deadpan sense of humour. Unfortunately, he also opinions like "Libraries bad", so it doesn't quite balance out.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Some times Lance has some gold.

That picture of Lance Storm looking mildly disappointed is perfect for every tweet he makes.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

One thing I picked up from Jericho's book is that Lance has a good deadpan sense of humour. Unfortunately, he also opinions like "Libraries bad", so it doesn't quite balance out.

What a book mark.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think Jericho said that Lance is an outstanding trainer because aside from the technical aspect he has a ton of charisma but just was never able to bring it out in the way that connects with a crowd.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pretty sure Lance has as much fun loving with wrestling fans as any other pro-wrestler does.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
My favourite unintentional twitter burn was some guy asking Lance if he had pros teaching at his school or if he did the teaching.

Of course Lance just deadpanned an answer about him being the pro.

ah, found it.

Expert, not pro. Still pretty amusing.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 4, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhenogvNrno

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On Lance Storm having a sense of humour. Counterpoint: He likes Corner Gas.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Lance Storm having a sense of humour. Counterpoint: He likes Corner Gas.

every old person in the prairies likes corner gas

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Corner Gas was filmed half an hour away from me :(

I also worked with Brent Butt's niece and she talked about Corner Gas a lot

it sux

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 5, 2015

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I am lost here.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

AkumaHokoru posted:

I am lost here.

Dixie's big defense for the poo poo ratings of TNA is that Dirtsheets and ratings sites etc. don't take into account the .3 and .7 addition that comes from DVR recordings which is proof that TNA is actually doing really really well and Dixie is an awesome promoter and everything is fine and why aren't they beating WWE yet WHY!??

The most recent email kerfuffle came from Dixie saying the DA execs were idiots for not taking into account the DVR boost either then CCing a Discovery exec.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Renaissance Spam posted:

Dixie's big defense for the poo poo ratings of TNA is that Dirtsheets and ratings sites etc. don't take into account the .3 and .7 addition that comes from DVR recordings which is proof that TNA is actually doing really really well and Dixie is an awesome promoter and everything is fine and why aren't they beating WWE yet WHY!??

The most recent email kerfuffle came from Dixie saying the DA execs were idiots for not taking into account the DVR boost either then CCing a Discovery exec.

It's not .3 and .7 it's +3 and +7, as in "people that recorded it on their DVR and watched it within 72 hours of broadcast or one week of broadcast". It's loving meaningless to a network, because no one watching on their DVR is watching the ads.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Also before it gets asked, no the +3 and +7 ratings don't matter because they don't matter to advertisers.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

AkumaHokoru posted:

I am lost here.

yeah, whats the abbreviated nonsense Dixie spouted?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know but it's a rad Queens of the Stone Age song.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was wise to back Rovert when he was still generally reviled, with each passing day he becomes more important in the Pro Wrestling scene.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Fsmhunk posted:

I was wise to back Rovert when he was still generally reviled, with each passing day he becomes more important in the Pro Wrestling scene.

he's become a big deal, fairly quick

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

is he still banned from the Board

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Memento posted:

It's not .3 and .7 it's +3 and +7, as in "people that recorded it on their DVR and watched it within 72 hours of broadcast or one week of broadcast". It's loving meaningless to a network, because no one watching on their DVR is watching the ads.

Thanks for the clarification, I was always a bit confused as to how it was .3 or .7; 72 hours to a week makes way more sense.

Dixie's still an idiot though for putting stock in that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

They should apologize if he is.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's been about a decade since anyone cared about the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Those ratings also don't take into account the Canadian broadcast on The Fight Network, a channel that may be even harder to obtain than Destination America