Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/2/8715275/catlateral-damage-gameplay-overview-video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo that was great

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
"America 2: Do the Bartman" had me gasping for air. I can't believe they possibly had two classic bits in one episode. Dang.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

"America 2: Do the Bartman" had me gasping for air. I can't believe they possibly had two classic bits in one episode. Dang.

It's one of the best episodes in recent memory. It was amazing that none of the brothers could actually complete saying the phrase "America 2: Do the Bartman". They always broke down in laughter before completing it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I dare you, the person reading this right now, to say America 2: Do the Bartman out loud without laughing. It cannot be done.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

mbmbam season 2: boyz in the house has been 100% fire so far

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Oh wow, I somehow managed to miss this thread despite being a MBMBAM fan for years. The OP is really outdated, considering all the brothers are married now...

Basically, McElroy content is the highlight of my week and I actually look forward to Mondays because of this (I am no CyberGarfield - also the Skyrim Monster Factory made me laugh so hard I cried). They've been extra amazing recently.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Perfect revenge for Girls' Club. It's rare Griffin gets even with Justin.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Things I Bought at Sheetz just keeps getting better and better. happy Healthy Boy Wednesday.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBzVTCO3nM

Monster Factory returns again - still amazing

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Angryhead posted:

Holy poo poo this is so funny.

"Now who's the baby?"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

Things I Bought at Sheetz just keeps getting better and better. happy Healthy Boy Wednesday.

That was time for
Things I Bought At Sheetz
Woah woah woah
Things we bought together
Woah woah woah woah
That was time for
Woah woah woah
Things I...bought at Sheetz
Things I bought...
Aaaaaaaaaaat Sheetz

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I hope Justin keeps upping the ante in the ending theme.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Angryhead posted:

The reveal of what a baby PC looks like in 3rd person was just the best thing. Well, besides little Butch being "very sick".

I want a million of these.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Brental Floss takes a brave stand against wealthy celebrity transexuals, but you WON'T believe what happened next!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Brental Floss takes a brave stand against wealthy celebrity transexuals, but you WON'T believe what happened next!
They walked a razor's edge on that one but came out ok if you ask me. Travis had the better take. Much improved over the Simon Pegg thing at least.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

They walked a razor's edge on that one but came out ok if you ask me. Travis had the better take. Much improved over the Simon Pegg thing at least.
Yeah they're just harmless well-meaning white dudes, I was just doing a headline riff. I appreciated the social media tips (READ ARTICLES YOU SHARE?!) and Shia LaBeouf apologism (I wonder if Travis caught Nymphomaniac)

Uhh Yeah Dork is turning into a pretty chill listen and I like their coverage of brainless trending stuff because a lot of it is stuff I wouldn't have heard much of otherwise, glad to have more McElroy Media that's tolerable (as opposed to say, Bunker Buddies for me). I finally started checking up on those Polygon vids (not really a huge gamer) and they're hilarious too

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 5, 2015

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I thought Justin stealing all of the valuables on the train was incredible. I like The Adventure Zone a lot.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Kenny Logins posted:

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah they're just harmless well-meaning white dudes
I'm having trouble maintaining interest in Trends Like These because I think Brent and Travis together are the chiling combo of
  • Not smart enough to make me feel like I'm learning something
  • Not funny enough to make me feel entertained
Travis works great when he's trying to kick in a fresh dong joke over his more boisterous brothers, but I'm not sure I need to hear a stream of his opinions for 30+ minutes a week.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Sivart13 posted:

Travis works great when he's trying to kick in a fresh dong joke over his more boisterous brothers, but I'm not sure I need to hear a stream of his opinions for 30+ minutes a week.

For all the laughs in MBMBAM this week with Dunky and America 2: Do the Bartman, the part I laughed the hardest was when he kept escalating the "pop up" joke until finally saying "because it was erect!" and making either Justin or Griffin just yell drat IT TRAVIS at him.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Cael posted:

For all the laughs in MBMBAM this week with Dunky and America 2: Do the Bartman, the part I laughed the hardest was when he kept escalating the "pop up" joke until finally saying "because it was erect!" and making either Justin or Griffin just yell drat IT TRAVIS at him.

Travis works best as the "dumb" brother on MBMBaM, the one who tries a bit too hard for the joke, because he has two people there to call him out on it. The podcasts that he does by himself never work as well for me because he doesn't have someone reigning him in.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

myron cope posted:

I thought Justin stealing all of the valuables on the train was incredible. I like The Adventure Zone a lot.

Yeah that bait and switch was absolutely phenomenal. Griffin's reading of how Travis jumped off the train, rolled his ankle, and just kind of passed out from the pain because he was at 1HP was hilarious. Them smashing the train into the garden as a final gently caress you was perfect. Pretty loving excited about their next adventure and potentially having even more dumb spells/abilities to inevitably screw things up with.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

myron cope posted:

"Yea just toss the powerful artifact in your Jansport"

Justin plays D&D the right way.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I hope they do Saint's Row 2/3/4 for a future episode of Monster Factory, those game's character creators are ripe with potential.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

VDay posted:

Yeah that bait and switch was absolutely phenomenal. Griffin's reading of how Travis jumped off the train, rolled his ankle, and just kind of passed out from the pain because he was at 1HP was hilarious. Them smashing the train into the garden as a final gently caress you was perfect. Pretty loving excited about their next adventure and potentially having even more dumb spells/abilities to inevitably screw things up with.

I haven't bothered going back but I swear an engineers hand survived the second monster death, making all that unnecessary

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Rejoice! There's now a playlist of every video Justin and Griffin have done together for polygon: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfH4HJ9AAqVTawGv6LUkEf_hBTcvOLhKi

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
Looks like there's been a lot of demand for Justin 'n' Griffon Polygon vids. https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/606809198375149569

Edit: gently caress you Flavivirus.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

shameful lack of the best piece of polygon content to date and possibly ever

Justin and Griffin on the show floor at E3 2014

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/13/5807846/join-us-for-a-video-tour-of-the-e3-2014-show-floor

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

GNU Order posted:

shameful lack of the best piece of polygon content to date and possibly ever

Justin and Griffin on the show floor at E3 2014

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/13/5807846/join-us-for-a-video-tour-of-the-e3-2014-show-floor
Some great bits, I'll admit I was surprised. Loved the Farcry 4 corpse-looker takedown.

Hope they do one this year.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Justin & Griffin are very good at reporting from the show floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzmI-EgOhTg

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

"I'm Two-Penis Mark!"

The Duke fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 6, 2015

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I have so many questions! How did you do it?! Why did you do it?! ama plz.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Flavivirus posted:

Rejoice! There's now a playlist of every video Justin and Griffin have done together for polygon: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfH4HJ9AAqVTawGv6LUkEf_hBTcvOLhKi

I highly recommend the second half of that Rust video.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I highly recommend the second half of that Rust video.
To clarify, the first Rust video after about 8 minutes is great. The revisited Rust video was kind of a wash.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Episode 182 has an amazing bit when the question of "why doesn't the penis gain fat" comes up. Justin yells to her wife, Sydney and then comes back with "She says Jesus. I'm not sure she's a good doctor any more."
16:15 in, if anybody wants to hear it (again). The discussion before that is great too, of course.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Angryhead posted:

Episode 182 has an amazing bit when the question of "why doesn't the penis gain fat" comes up. Justin yells to her wife, Sydney and then comes back with "She says Jesus. I'm not sure she's a good doctor any more."
16:15 in, if anybody wants to hear it (again). The discussion before that is great too, of course.
I think the way I took it was that she would have said "Jesus" in an exasperated, I'm-not-answering-that fashion, and he took it as an answer at plain face value, and it was indeed great either way.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Garfield the Deals Warlock seems more like a depreciation prestidigitator if he can just up and gently caress up your car.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

This question from the person who ordered two pizzas for themselves at work is making me very upset

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FutonForensic posted:

This question from the person who ordered two pizzas for themselves at work is making me very upset

Yea my favorite questions they get are the ones where they turn on the question asker.

"DANCE FOR MY SCRAPS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Kenny Logins posted:

Garfield the Deals Warlock seems more like a depreciation prestidigitator if he can just up and gently caress up your car.

The next Adventure Zone is one between arcs where they level up and buy poo poo right? Griffin has a perfect crossover character here.

• Locked thread