Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Terper posted:

I figure it's probably about time to watch Madoka, sub or dub??
Try out the Magical Molly version.

If you're gonna jump, might as well do a flip.

Then watch the subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I wish I could play Karuta with Chihaya. Even though I would get wrecked.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I seem to have made a terrible decision.

Now to walk around in public wearing it for a couple days!
Bah! My Fourth Doctor cosplay looks more authentic!

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Grouchio posted:

Where is the boob ribbon?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cantaloupe looks more like Hestia than that does the fourth doctor.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dude789 posted:

Where is the boob ribbon?
Wasn't invented yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

shave your neck

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

oh no

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I cosplay

I always cosplay as Joe Yabuki from Ashita no Joe

No one knows what it is from

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

shave your neck
I'd bet I still look less goonish than you guys. If not, you all have my due respect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am handsome + buff

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like to cosplay but I havent done anything lately and the last costume I did that I was happy with was a danbo outfit that I dont have anymore. The head was real good, though it was just a cardboard box I carved up. Didnt get to put anything fancy like lights or anything in there so it wasjust cardboard with a little coin slot so that people could put change in and I'd start dancing. Couldnt see poo poo tho.

I prefer more bulky robot/armor/full coverage costumes than specially made clothes. The latter is more my fiancee's territory though I have to help her with sewing anyway so I've been learning how to do both armor crafting and sewing lol

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 5, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my friend and his wife cosplayed as ed and winry from fullmetal alchemist and got mistaken for a lesbian couple because my friend is very androgyous

that's my cosplay story, i hope you all enjoyed it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can respect cosplayers and people who make clothes, and if I had any artistic talent I would consider it.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

FirstAidKite posted:

I like to cosplay but I havent done anything lately and the last costume I did that I was happy with was a danbo outfit that I dont have anymore. The head was real good, though it was just a cardboard box I carved up. Didnt get to put anything fancy like lights or anything in there so it wasjust cardboard with a little coin slot so that people could put change in and I'd start dancing. Couldnt see poo poo tho.

I prefer more bulky robot/armor/full coverage costumes than specially made clothes. The latter is more my fiancee's territory though I have to help her with sewing anyway so I've been learning how to do both armor crafting and sewing lol

i'm slightly tempted to try and cosplay as the zeta gundam and from time to time just fall on the floor and wiggle around as a jet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it finally happened... the av combo dream

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I enjoy sewing but rarely have cause to. Device cases and the occasional costume are about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm cosplaying as Daru from Steins; Gate everyday.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

I can respect cosplayers and people who make clothes, and if I had any artistic talent I would consider it.

You should try anyway, because I don't have artistic talent and accept that and my costumes look janky but it's still fun to do and at least I know they arent great, versus others who strap a pringle can to a tent-fabric dress that is 3 sizes too small and covered in glowstick rings and claim to be samus aran and act like they should be getting paid to make outfits for others lol

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Grouchio posted:

Wasn't invented yet.

You can invent it then. Be the change you want to see.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

i'm slightly tempted to try and cosplay as the zeta gundam and from time to time just fall on the floor and wiggle around as a jet

There are really neat transformers costumes that transform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVQHQHrEtew

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dude789 posted:

You can invent it then. Be the change you want to see.
I would only use that to cosplay Peter O' Toole being strangled to death in Caligula. Which is a nigh impossibility.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

i am handsome + buff not fat

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

People come in here bragging about their alcoholism so I'm going to brag about my raging narcissism.

I am a cool and very handsome individual. I stay away from ponds because if I saw my reflection I would just stay and stare at myself until I turned to dust.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bad Seafood posted:

Busted for drugs I believe.

Fukumoto could've warned him about drugs, god dammit

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
that sounds like less of a "don't do drugs" and more of a "stick to weed, don't gently caress with crazy russian internet drugs and also don't drug-drive" given the last panel

e: which i should also note is bizarrely progressive for Japan

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That cosplay :stare:

What's the go-to manga reader program anymore? I used to use CDisplay back in the day when you had to download all your manga but I've gone through like 5 computers since then and generally don't download things anymore. Tonight I had to trawl livejournal for the last 5 chapters of something I was reading and felt like I went back in time like 10 years lol.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never download stuff any more and only use online readers which sucks because you end up having everything spread over like three official ones and a couple of scanlation sites.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
When I have to download chapters, I still use CDisplayEx.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well that's what I remember (the original one anyway, don't think I ever tried CDisplayEx) so guess I'll just stick with what I know. It's not like it has to do much after all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only four hours to go until no more work for two weeks.

Maybe I'll actually finish K-on now.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I always confuse kaiji and akagi

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Credit where credit is due, Crunchyroll knows where to place their ads. They backloaded the ads in Chihayafuru so they wouldn't happen until we saw Arata's text message in episode 9.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What's the difference between cosplay and fancy dress

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

What's the difference between cosplay and fancy dress

sometimes people cosplay characters that aren't dressed fancy at all.

edit for exampe:

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 5, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trying to decide if it's worth getting the first two Madoka movies on bluray since they're just the TV series with nicer backgrounds. :/

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Trying to decide if it's worth getting the first two Madoka movies on bluray since they're just the TV series with nicer backgrounds. :/

the movies are all on Netflix now.

I mean if you reside in the US that it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope!

Also I'm one of those weirdos who still likes to collect physical copies of stuff that deserves it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Despite Redline being Extremely My poo poo I never knew about Tailenders, which is similar but shorter form, until a few hours ago. Pretty cool little thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Check out Trava Fist Planet too, it was kind of a dry run for Redline.

• Locked thread