Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Stealing this from the Earwolf sub-reddit (don't judge me), but Adam Scott Aukerman were spotted at a U2 concert last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Now there must be a new U Talkin' U2 To Me? in the near future.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When I saw the title of today's I4H Ask the UCB episode I was half expecting it to be about this thread

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

When I saw the title of today's I4H Ask the UCB episode I was half expecting it to be about this thread

I usually adore those behind the UCB eps...but this one was excruciating,. It basically felt like a defense of music episodes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

I usually adore those behind the UCB eps...but this one was excruciating,. It basically felt like a defense of music episodes.

Without really acknowledging that there's a problem. He even said outright that comedy during a music event doesn't work, because the people are there to listen to music, not watch comedy. I wish he'd just acknowledge the reverse.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 2, 2015

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Without really acknowledging that there's a problem.

I enjoy they a bunch, think he's got good tastes but ya he seems to be trying be sheer force of will to ignore the vast majority who don't enjoy it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I stopped listening to Professor Blastoff, but if any of you guys ever listened to it, David Huntsberger would be at the top of the thread's poo poo list for his anti-comedic tendencies. I haven't checked back in in over a year so he may have changed/mellowed/became more funny though.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Is he the nerdy one or the jewy one because the jewy one is extremely funny.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
David Huntsberger is a legit stupid person and he is on the very show that demonstrates the limits of his knowledge of everything.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Professor Blastoff is my favorite podcast, but it's been in a horrible slump this year. There was a solid episode that Molly Ringwald guested on, but there's been all of one listenable episode among the ten that have followed, and there wasn't much of note preceding it either. Before this year, there were only two episodes I had ever not listened to in their entirety, and one was a solo David Huntsberger episode. I like David, but he's by far the weakest of the hosts and I couldn't ever hope to sell him to anyone unfamiliar or already against him. He's more or less taken over the show now that Tig and Kyle are famous-ish, it's actually really depressing for me how bad the show's gotten.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
David CAN be okay. It's unfair for someone like him to be placed next to two people who are naturally funny. Where can I get more Kyle Dunnigan if I don't listen to Blastoff anymore?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

David ruins everything.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
"You found yourself ball's deep inside of another play."

Matt Gourley as O. Henry finishing up this week's Spontaneanation was amazing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

"You found yourself ball's deep inside of another play."

Matt Gourley as O. Henry finishing up this week's Spontaneanation was amazing.

The whole episode was great, possibly the best yet...Though a lot of that was due to PFT and Gourley absolutely dying off-mic while Tallman was doing his Nick Nolte voice.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Nick Nolte bits were by far the best thing on Spontaneanation so far.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

The whole episode was great, possibly the best yet...Though a lot of that was due to PFT and Gourley absolutely dying off-mic while Tallman was doing his Nick Nolte voice.
Agreed, best ep yet. I'm a sucker for good Hamlet references.

Ross on Hollywood Handbook was also spectacular.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Is he the nerdy one or the jewy one because the jewy one is extremely funny.

I guess Kyle is the jewy one who's always talking about his mother and his diet issues. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything he's legit extremely funny and I used to love blastoff when it was him and tig talking over david and the guest nonstop and telling stories and doing bits and stuff but I stopped listening because it kind of stopped being that.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

latest HH had me LOL IRL

I would seriously listen to a hour long show that was nothing but Sean and Hayes ads.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfoCKWmmfnA

It's like if Tommy Wiseau was a musician.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

feedmyleg posted:

The Nick Nolte bits were by far the best thing on Spontaneanation so far.

With some beautiful D&D deep cuts

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Analytic Engine posted:

With some beautiful D&D deep cuts

No kidding. The obscurity of Tallman's references always gets a double-take out of me because he sounds like Dave Koechner combined with Hemingway but he casually drops all the nerdy stuff that I'm embarrassed to know about.

UP AND ADAM posted:

David CAN be okay. It's unfair for someone like him to be placed next to two people who are naturally funny. Where can I get more Kyle Dunnigan if I don't listen to Blastoff anymore?

His YouTube channel has the most distilled essence of Kyle outside of the podcast, but it's a bit scarce. His Christmas album (linked on his channel's banner) is also purely his work, it's just odd to listen to it out of season. Beyond that, his arc on Reno 911 is quite memorable and you can get a vague sense of his presence on the first season of Inside Amy Schumer because he wrote on it and shows up a few times.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfd8CQChELU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

UP AND ADAM posted:

David CAN be okay. It's unfair for someone like him to be placed next to two people who are naturally funny.

Isn't David a comedian? Right? So it's not unfair?

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
He's a really funny standup but I would say improv is not his strong suit. And he probably sees his role as keeping everything on topic and on track so that's not conducive to being funny when the other two hosts don't really care whether they're engaging the guest or just loving around.

SousaphoneColossus fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 4, 2015

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I was up at 4am with insomnia last night and for some reason found this to be the most hysterical thing in the world.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Lapskast is taken over by the Wild Horses again, for anyone who's unsubscribed.

For someone who only casually listens to CBB, is this a reference to the You Can't Teach A Horse To Punch guys?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Bucket Joneses posted:

For someone who only casually listens to CBB, is this a reference to the You Can't Teach A Horse To Punch guys?

No it's this group/troupe/team/content creators https://www.facebook.com/wildhorsesimprov

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Hooboy this week's Hollywood Handbook was another classic. loving with Intern Andy is always a delight.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I guess Kyle is the jewy one who's always talking about his mother and his diet issues. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything he's legit extremely funny and I used to love blastoff when it was him and tig talking over david and the guest nonstop and telling stories and doing bits and stuff but I stopped listening because it kind of stopped being that.

Things got serious after Tig nearly died, death is no joke.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

ElCondemn posted:

Things got serious after Tig nearly died, death is no joke.

It was dark days during and for some time after Tig's six months in hell, but I think most of their best episodes came out after they recovered from that unpleasant business. That's when all your Name That Punkys and Mother Meditations and Body Raps started going on, at least. But enough eulogizing Professor Blastoff, let's just enjoy some Sunshine and Smiles!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Did anyone else hear Seth Morris announced during this week's I4H, but it was only Roberts and Hill during the actual show?

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 5, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I just listened to the intro and neither the robot nor Besser's live announcement mentioned Morris.
Always good to hear from Eric the Unpaid Intern again. The only man who could lose half his wealth breaking up with his fiancée.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

I just listened to the intro and neither the robot nor Besser's live announcement mentioned Morris.
Always good to hear from Eric the Unpaid Intern again. The only man who could lose half his wealth breaking up with his fiancée.

Lol ya I'm obviously a crazy person. Listened again, my mind made it up

PS: the "how did he get wealthy?" story was obviously the one to get in to, not another awful man on the street segment

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
How he got wealthy is the easy part, as he seems to be smart in... whatever it is he does, and there's a lot of money slushing around in the tech sector. How he lost it is interesting. You could hear Ian Robert's confusion at the mention of an ex-fiancée.
You never get good stories from the man on the street stuff, but if they didn't do scenes from them there'd be no justification to ask Eric to go out there, and that really is the funniest stuff. He gave whatever was in his pocket to a homeless psychic who had a crumpled up ball of tin foil! What was the episode where he called in from a dog park and he almost got mauled?

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I heard seth morris being introduced too. after an exhaustive analysis I have concluded he just said "zach woods" in a very "seth morris" sounding way

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

HH fans might be interested in this:

http://dontgetmestarted.libsyn.com/sean-clements-the-mountain-goats

Sean was a guest on Will Hines podcast and there's some surprising stuff in there. (He used to have a drug problem)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Sean was a guest on Will Hines podcast and there's some surprising stuff in there. (He used to have a drug problem)
Sean and Hayes are the only comedians left where I know nothing about them at all beyond their ironic characters. The closest they've come to sincerity was when that Reality Show show where they talked about the things done to the one armed girl on The Bachelor being the most disgusting thing ever.

Dunno if I want to shatter that wall.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Sean also legitimately likes cats, he mentioned those feral kittens in one of the first RSS episodes and he seemed sincere there.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'd like to see Hayes's Jeopardy appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

This was a nice listen, thanks for posting it! It's disarming hearing everyone be so nakedly earnest but also really refreshing.