Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ewar Woowar posted:

Richard Wright?! Lol when was the last time he actually played a game.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sterling's retarded agent was encouraging a United move. Regardless Henry is a pretty stubborn guy so it's never going to happen.

Why would Sterling even want that? He'd likely earn more at City and probably has the same chance of winning poo poo there without being absolutely hated by all Liverpool supporters.

Why would this matter, exactly?

Also the answer to City's home grown problems is signing Begovic or Forster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Yes. Sterling has acted like a guy who cares what Liverpool fans think of him.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Hoops posted:

I struggle to like Sterling already, maybe it's for the best.
Hes working really hard to become massively unlikeable. Sterling doesn't give 2 shits what Liverpool supporters think of him and why would he.

Also, actually excited about Milner.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

pik_d posted:

Why would this matter, exactly?

I'm pretty sure most people don't like being despised. He would be the first direct transfer between the clubs since forever and I'm pretty sure even mutual supporters would think he was a cock for doing that.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm pretty sure most people don't like being despised. He would be the first direct transfer between the clubs since forever and I'm pretty sure even mutual supporters would think he was a cock for doing that.

footballers don't live in the same world as you or I, they most probably have no idea what normal people think of them.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

cheese posted:

actually excited about Milner.

Lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

opus111 posted:

footballers don't live in the same world as you or I, they most probably have no idea what normal people think of them.

They go on twitter though

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

opus111 posted:

True, but they'd be well aware that you don't move to United from Liverpool and vice versa.

With no Stevie and Carragher around any more there's no scousers to threaten him with violence unfortunately. I mean Flanagan is still around but he's not very intimidating.

There is a small part of me that would be interested in seeing Sterling playing for United at Anfield next season. I can't even imagine the amount of abuse he would get. Also Henderson would chop him so loving hard.

Ewar Woowar fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 5, 2015

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

There is a small part of me that would be interested in seeing Sterling playing for you United at Anfield next season. I can't even imagine the amount of abuse he would get. Also Henderson would chop him so loving hard.

Sterling at Anfield in a United uniform would be such a hilarious spectacle, I'm honestly okay with it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Playing left wingback

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Why are brits racist xeneophobes? Who cares what team or country he plays for? Everyone should have the right to play for whatever team they so desire.

Maybe this should be a law or something.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

PerpetualSelf posted:

Why are brits racist xeneophobes? Who cares what team or country he plays for? Everyone should have the right to play for whatever team they so desire.

Maybe this should be a law or something.

There are some terrible posters on this forum but I think you might be the worst

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

pik_d posted:

Also the answer to City's home grown problems is signing Begovic or Forster

Neither of them would come to sit on City's bench when they could be first choice for almost every other Prem club. Better off chucking a tenner at Steve Harper and hoping Hart doesn't get injured.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ewar Woowar posted:

I actually think it's all bullshit too. United would know they had no chance of signing him while he's under contract but it wouldn't surprise me if the feigned interest to unsettle him further.

Lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Joopjan posted:

Madrid has issued an official statement on their website saying that they are not in for veratti and that all the rumours are not true. They also made a statement about pogba. Makes you wonder about other rumoured targets such as de gea.

De Gea was saying goodbye to his teammates in training the other day. He's definitely going to RM this summer.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

beedeebee posted:

De Gea was saying goodbye to his teammates in training the other day. He's definitely going to RM this summer.

I reckon he saw Cristiano's boat pics

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Raheem Sterling laughed in the faces of Liverpool fans after the Stoke game. He doesn't give a poo poo what they think of him.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

PerpetualSelf posted:

Why are brits racist xeneophobes?

Lots of new Polish immigrants.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Arquebus posted:

Apparently Bernie Ibini's headed to Club Brugge since the Chinese club that loaned him out ran out of foreign player slots. He's young and runs really fast and flits between winning games on his own and being loving terrible.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/06/03/ibini-agrees-dream-deal-club-brugge

Is this cause they are all heading to Canada?

nm sorry misread

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Kwagga posted:

I reckon he saw Cristiano's boat pics

phwoar

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ewar Woowar posted:

There are some terrible posters on this forum but I think you might be the worst

quick do me next.

Also agreed, gently caress off noted terrible poster perpetual self.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

quick do me next.

Also agreed, gently caress off noted terrible poster perpetual self.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Danny Ings is set to be announced either today or tomorrow, get those bold tags ready

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
James Milner and Danny Ings. The fight for the Europa league places is really heating up.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
More like Danny Hnnnnghs

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
So Casemiro was loaned out to Porto from Real Madrid this season.

There was an agreed price for Porto to pay if they wanted to buy him, which they did when the season ended.

However Real Madrid also had a buy-back clause inserted and they've now bought him back.

What in the gently caress?

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2015/06/official-announcement-casemiro

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

James Milner and Danny Ings. The fight for the Europa league places is really heating up.

Don't forget Origi

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

Liverpool will struggle to compete financially so long as they remain in that skip of a stadium. Spurs will have a new one before they do which will make pushing past them for players that much harder.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

good post please do another one you garbage cock

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Danny Ings is a bad player.

And so

he will

fit right in

AT AFC LIVERPOOL

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Cleverly is having a medical at Everton

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Cleverly is having a medical at Everton

Blow to Villa, this, but Martinez has loved Cleverly ever since he went to Wigan on loan so it makes sense.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

vyelkin posted:

Blow to Villa, this, but Martinez has loved Cleverly ever since he went to Wigan on loan so it makes sense.

Cleverly is a garbage player, was garbage in the cup final, was garbage for Villa, was garbage for Manchester United, and will be garbage for Everton, before slipping out of the top flight and killing himself after playing three seasons for leeds or other terrible team.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Cleverly is under-rated imo. He plays good neat passing football.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Cleverly will probably do alright at Everton, they need someone who keeps things ticking over but isn't loving mental like Barry.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

cleverley was loving trash for us before Sherwood came and clearly just benefitted from picking up scraps, glad we didnt put him on crazy wages

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes a bottler that needs to be coddled to be any good. Lads got 0 confidence so he constantly needs to be bigged up. Hence why he was alright when Sherwood turned up.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
He's good at passing backwards all game I'll give him that

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Cleverly is under-rated imo. He plays good neat passing football.

He's a poor man's Joe Allen, and Allen is a scouse man's Leon Britton.

Strawman fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
loving all the Milner love in this thread

• Locked thread