Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Where can I get potions of clearance? I can't seem to find any in the cities, and the only person that did stock them had a, uh, disagreement with Geralt so they're unable to supply me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
There's one for sale in the shop where you buy the items for the cheese-o-mancer quest and Gremist, the master alchemist, has five for sale.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Doing a second run through in Total Immersion Mode: no out-of-combat HUD, no subtitles, Death March forever. Turns out 140 hours of experience makes Death March pretty easy. Except for the first battle in the game, that one is still hilariously bitch hard. gently caress Ghouls.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Where can I get potions of clearance? I can't seem to find any in the cities, and the only person that did stock them had a, uh, disagreement with Geralt so they're unable to supply me.

additem('Clearance potion', 1)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Alright, where am I supposed to locate the DLCs on GOG.com? They are not appearing in my account when I click on Witcher 3. Everything else (goodies, preload, patches) are listed but no DLCs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Burns posted:

Alright, where am I supposed to locate the DLCs on GOG.com? They are not appearing in my account when I click on Witcher 3. Everything else (goodies, preload, patches) are listed but no DLCs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

You have to add them to your cart (they don't cost anything) and check them out first, for some christing reason I don't fathom.

E: http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program here

Burns
May 10, 2008

Burns posted:

That took care of it. Thanks.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So I've completed (or at least visited) all the '?' marks on Velen.

Word of advice: don't. Do it until you feel ready to move on, or spread that poo poo out within major quests, or jump between the three areas, but don't try to 100% each area. It get's boring after a while and the rewards aren't worth it.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Fat Samurai posted:

Word of advice: don't. Do it until you feel ready to move on, or spread that poo poo out within major quests, or jump between the three areas, but don't try to 100% each area. It get's boring after a while and the rewards aren't worth it.

Do, but only if some sort of building is visible on the map there, the ones in the middle of nowhere are just a monster guarding a treasure chest with nothing you care about.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The most interesting places are usually places that look interesting on the map, but doesn't have any "?" on them. Often there are hidden side quests or events that start there, like the All-god in a ruin somewhere along the coast of the lake in Velen.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sorry to ask again but for the new page: where I can find the Enhanced Cat and Bear treasure maps? I've searched all over Skellige and can't find them.

Fat Samurai posted:

So I've completed (or at least visited) all the '?' marks on Velen.

You have failed to heed the Way of the Panda.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arglebargle III posted:

Sorry to ask again but for the new page: where I can find the Enhanced Cat and Bear treasure maps? I've searched all over Skellige and can't find them.

The enhanced bear treasure map should be in the same chest you find the base set in. I think the maps for the enhanced cat stuff is spread out across the various blacksmiths in Velen. Just jump from town to town and check out their stock. Worst case scenario there's a full guide out there.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's an armorer in Kaer Trolde?! Where?!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

There's an armorer in Kaer Trolde?! Where?!

Shortly after the signpost at the keep. I think if you go directly forward and then as soon as you get into the main keep go hard right and outside.

For cat, try Blackbough(Smith) and Lindenvale. I think Lindenvale has Superior and Blackbough may have the original and enhanced?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

It might be that the Enhanced Bear maps can be bought in Velen or Novigrad. I seem to remember that I had the quest to find Enhanced Bear before I even got to Skellige, and only got the ones for the basic set afterwards once I got there. Also, there's a Blacksmith in Kaer Trolde (right next to the armourer) who often doesn't show up unless you do the quick save and reload thing while standing in front of him, he might be carrying them as well. No idea about the maps for Enhanced Cat, though. Alternatively, here's a list with the locations of the diagrams themselves, though finding them this way is a bit cumbersome: http://gameswiki.net/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-scavenger-hunt-quests-guide/5/

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Aurain posted:

Shortly after the signpost at the keep. I think if you go directly forward and then as soon as you get into the main keep go hard right and outside.

Dude is here only during the day. Also swordsmith was bugged for me for quite a while - he's used in a quest where you find something you're supposed to deliver to him and I couldn't talk to him. Then out of sudden I could, but only once. I've finished the quest and he doesn't want to talk.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

alex314 posted:

Dude is here only during the day. Also swordsmith was bugged for me for quite a while - he's used in a quest where you find something you're supposed to deliver to him and I couldn't talk to him. Then out of sudden I could, but only once. I've finished the quest and he doesn't want to talk.
You can't talk to him when he's sat down with his pipe (dont harsh his buzz man) and often when he's hammering you can't interact with him either. Best to meditate for an hour, try talking, repeat as neccesary.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Scandalous posted:

You can't talk to him when he's sat down with his pipe (dont harsh his buzz man) and often when he's hammering you can't interact with him either. Best to meditate for an hour, try talking, repeat as neccesary.

Yeah, you have to catch him as he's sitting down.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The experience bug is still getting me but I realized I don't mind so much, at least right now. Several side quests have given me bupkiss but I did the math and if they had, I'd have outleveled some of the ones i'm doing. As it is, I'm slowly poking through level 17 in Novigrad. At the very least, the bug keeps the sidequests challenging. I figure worst case, I can just Cheat Engine a bunch of exp at the end game to wear all my gear I wont have the levels for.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

OK, I need another ekimmara hide. The ones I know I killed are the one with Lambert, the one in the Dragonslayer's Grotto next to the Griffin gear, and the one in the Byway Murders contract. Anyone know of any others I can find? I really want superior hanged man's venom.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 5, 2015

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Wiseblood posted:

OK, I need another ekimmara hide. The ones I know I killed are the one with Lambert, the one in the Dragonslayer's Grotto next to the Griffin gear, and the one in the Byway Murders contract. Anyone know of any others I can find?

No, 6 are needed for oils, 3 available in game

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Wiseblood posted:

OK, I need another ekimmara hide. The ones I know I killed are the one with Lambert, the one in the Dragonslayer's Grotto next to the Griffin gear, and the one in the Byway Murders contract. Anyone know of any others I can find?

I fought one in (novigrad sidquest spoiler)Triss' quest, Now or Never during the escape through the sewer I think.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
There's one on the top floor the keep where you find one of the top-tier Feline sword upgrades. To the north-west of the Druids grove on Ard Skellige.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I finally got the hang of Gwent enough to win some games but I'd just like to say gently caress you to monster cards.

so tired of their card going down and suddenly sprouting 4 more :argh;

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

One way of dealing with monster decks is to try and bait them into blowing their swarms in the first round, then conceding. Makes it a bit easier to manage.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The solution is always to use more spies.

(Biting frost and scorch are good too)

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, if you know they're going to get up to 80 in the first round anyway, it doesn't matter how many spies you drop on them, it's like a gift.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Did i miss the download for the DLC? i can't find them anymore on GOG, anyone know if they were moved somewhere else?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Fizzil posted:

Did i miss the download for the DLC? i can't find them anymore on GOG, anyone know if they were moved somewhere else?

There is six DLC beneath the huge preload files?
No idea how Galaxy does it, gently caress that software.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I've only had 4 dlc so far but I'm also getting "Not authorised" in GOG Galaxy....

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Argh what's the .ini file change I need to make to get more responsive movement out of my controller?

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
For those having difficulty finding DLC in GOG Galaxy, it's under More -> Backup & Extras:

For all the problems most people have with GOG Galaxy, my only issue is that it uses a remote server for playtime records, which is extremely stupid and prone to not working. I can deal with manual DLC installs, though I'd like if it would go the Steam route and just handle that all for me. It's a beta for a reason though, for sure.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

sauer kraut posted:

There is six DLC beneath the huge preload files?
No idea how Galaxy does it, gently caress that software.

In the US at least they have removed all direct DLC links and you have to use the client. Pretty annoying.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010
Patch is out on PC! :woop:

Pyres of Novigrad is fixed! :woop:

For some reason the GOG downloader isn't showing the patch notes but it works.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Holy shitballs it's happening.

:siren: Patch day

^\/ it should fix itself soon for you guys

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 5, 2015

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

My DLC appeared underneath the list of Extras rather than below the main patch files like the guy above ^^^^^^

But I can't access any files because it reports I'm not authorized :( Guess I need to get in touch with gog support.

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

WastedJoker posted:

My DLC appeared underneath the list of Extras rather than below the main patch files like the guy above ^^^^^^

But I can't access any files because it reports I'm not authorized :( Guess I need to get in touch with gog support.

You have to "buy" the DLC first. On the main page for the witcher 3 in your library, right side under additional content (where the expansion pass is).

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Does this mean that the XP bug is fixed and I can finally start playing? I was told to wait until the patch, is that this patch?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

WastedJoker posted:

Try selecting the Free DLC program thing on the Activity page and "purchasing" it through their store. That's what did the trick for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urit
Oct 22, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Does this mean that the XP bug is fixed and I can finally start playing? I was told to wait until the patch, is that this patch?

Yes.