Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
OMG it's already out for PS4 as well! Good job CDPR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Dang I don't see the patch on GOG Galaxy.

edit: wait nevermind there it is.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

One bad thing about buying the game from GOG: No cheevos.

There are cheevos, check your GOG client. They're just not as obnoxious as on Steam.

Slight spoilers in this image http://puu.sh/idqQk/86d377f442.jpg

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so i hope y'all realize when the revolution comes you're going to be made an example of first. enjoy your terrible nazi game while you can

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Are there patch notes? I can only find the preliminary fix list that was posted a week ago.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
filters on alchemy and crafting formulas? sweet! Wish there was a potions tab/button instead but I'll take it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Levantine posted:

Are there patch notes? I can only find the preliminary fix list that was posted a week ago.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they did anything about mutagen bonuses being removed every time you load a game. Fixing the XP glitch is great, and now that's the only quality of life thing that's really bothering me.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Pyromancer posted:

Do, but only if some sort of building is visible on the map there, the ones in the middle of nowhere are just a monster guarding a treasure chest with nothing you care about.

Going out to every "?" on the map is probably my favorite part of the game, even if 90% of the time it's a stupid chest with nothing worthwhile in it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Yeah, I'm wondering if they did anything about mutagen bonuses being removed every time you load a game. Fixing the XP glitch is great, and now that's the only quality of life thing that's really bothering me.

I did not even know that was a thing :v:

Good thing I use signs and slot only for intensity!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

WastedJoker posted:

My DLC appeared underneath the list of Extras rather than below the main patch files like the guy above ^^^^^^

But I can't access any files because it reports I'm not authorized :( Guess I need to get in touch with gog support.

I am concerned by the "not authorised."

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
A nice troll gave me a head of an elf. Is this item in any way useful ?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
First stop on PS4 for me: Check to see if those gwent cards are now sold by the brother of the innkeeper in White Orchard!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

admataY posted:

You could try soup, or perhaps stew

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

admataY posted:

Stews makes witchers. With uh......Elves head. Taste good?

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

It does not appear to have done so.

Edit: Checked a few times now, clearing all abilities and mutagens, re-adding them, saving and reloading. Still losing the base bonuses of each mutagen and retaining the additional bonuses granted by matching ability colours. I'm only using blue/signs. It's a shame, but I'm happy the XP fix is in. I wasn't expecting the patch today.

Scandalous fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 5, 2015

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Well, the patch seems to have fixed the loading screen crash for the PS4, so that's cool!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Greenplastic posted:

First stop on PS4 for me: Check to see if those gwent cards are now sold by the brother of the innkeeper in White Orchard!

They were there, even though it wasn't in the patch notes!

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Crappers posted:

Gotta give them credit for their confidence. I killed a level 30-something high griffin in front of a bandit wearing nothing but rags and he still attacked me when I was finished.

edit: actually I swear that oval office even shot me with an arrow mid battle. What an rear end in a top hat.

Witcher Universe:

Has more bandits than peasants (Not sure how this works out economically)

All wild animals attack you (Not sure how an animal that attacks things much stronger than it never died off)

Has nearly as many wolves and rabid dogs as herbivores (lol)

And there are literally like 3 people alive that think they can't gently caress you up

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Ventured to the CDPR forums to see if the changelogs are out, and I find this gem of a thread:

ihategog.com posted:

What have fix!! nothing

there are bug again of the lord undvik!! what fix!!! nothing LOL

---------- Updated at 03:53 PM ----------

they fix quest bug nope!!

I can't help but read this in a dramatic voice like something from Flashtub.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Well, loaded the game up post-patch and got nothing but a black screen when I hit continue. Hopefully verifying the game files will sort it.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
My two questions got buried without answer, so I guess I'll ask them again:
1) If the NPC who I can win the Geralt card from dies in a quest letting Djikstra kill him, is there no way to get that card for the rest of the game?
2) If I'm level 33 but I still don't have some of the lvl 1 potion recipes (golden oriole, etc...), can I still find them somewhere? I can only seem to find high-level recipes now.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Uhm, did they remove Ekimmara hides from the recipes?!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Greenplastic posted:

Uhm, did they remove Ekimmara hides from the recipes?!

Did they? I hope so, I have a Superior Hanged Man's Venom recipe that I can't make because I apparently exhausted the entire supply of hides in the game.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Badly Jester posted:

Ventured to the CDPR forums to see if the changelogs are out, and I find this gem of a thread:

I can't help but read this in a dramatic voice like something from Flashtub.

Troll voice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Turds in magma posted:

My two questions got buried without answer, so I guess I'll ask them again:
1) If the NPC who I can win the Geralt card from dies in a quest letting Djikstra kill him, is there no way to get that card for the rest of the game?
2) If I'm level 33 but I still don't have some of the lvl 1 potion recipes (golden oriole, etc...), can I still find them somewhere? I can only seem to find high-level recipes now.

The other story NPC who can end up in a similar situation leaves a card behind where you can grab it and the quest log tells you this. I would make an alternate save and go ahead and read the quest log.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Menu UIs on the PS4 are a lot more readable now: Current versus old. It's also a lot easier to read the number of materials you need in crafting recipes now. No more squinting at the television.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Cephalocidal posted:

Troll voice.

What have fix!! nothing

there are bug again of the lord undvik!! what fix!!! nothing LOL

they fix quest bug nope!!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Let me tell you guys, fighting nithral with 1 hit of life in me and relying on quen is a hell of a thing.

loving dogs managing to somehow hit me when I'm staggering them.

Death march man. Death march.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Vanderdeath posted:

I'd love to put Elfrican-American on applications.

I identify as an elf-kin and I'm tired of all the cultural appropriation going on ITT. knock it off.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Swedish Horror posted:

I love how smug Geralt looks when somebody says "We can take on a witcher!"

It's such a great feeling. You just got finished cutting the head off an archgriffen or lifting a 1000 year curse off an island, and then some drunk rear end in a top hat thinks he's going to be the one to do you in.

Then again, you did once get destroyed by a kid with a pitchfork.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aishan posted:

Menu UIs on the PS4 are a lot more readable now: Current versus old. It's also a lot easier to read the number of materials you need in crafting recipes now. No more squinting at the television.

Selfish of me, but I never had an issue with the old ones and much prefer it. The new stuff is bloated.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

So you can't make mutagens any more if you already have one of that type. Or brew up multiple batches of White Gull/other alchemical precursors. On the plus side, Moon Dust is fixed now.

e:

quote:

Geralt no longer interacts with candles placed near chests and other openable objects.

ALL HAIL

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is there no Griffin crossbow?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Witcher Universe:

Has more bandits than peasants (Not sure how this works out economically)

All wild animals attack you (Not sure how an animal that attacks things much stronger than it never died off)

Has nearly as many wolves and rabid dogs as herbivores (lol)

And there are literally like 3 people alive that think they can't gently caress you up

Like most games I just pretend the actual number of people I am murdering roaming around is cut down by at least 50%

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Does anyone know if the patch fixes Hattori being stuck walking back after the ambush? It really sucks since he's apparently the only master swordsmith.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Why is is patching from 1.02 to 1.05?

I have 1.04 instaled already.

Edit: Patch failed.

ffs.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 5, 2015

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Spoilered a few things that might surprise new players, don't read them if you give a poo poo.

quote:

Patch 1.05 has just gone LIVE for PC and should be available for download everywhere now. Please find the complete list of changes below:
Fixes a possible exploit by preventing certain drowners from respawning infinitely.
Improves the distribution of experience points gained by completing quests with recommended levels lower than the player character level.
Merchants now offer more weapon types.
Rebalances the prices of maps that can be purchased from merchants.
Clarifies a number of crafting diagrams.
Fixes an exploit whereby players could buy sea shells and sell the pearls inside them at a higher price.
Increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game.
Increases the variety of items available in shops.
Shops now only offer weapons with levels matching or exceeding the player character level.
Slightly reduces the amount of coin dropped from chests and monsters.
Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
Fixes an issue where runestones could not be upgraded to greater runestones.
Reduces the spawn time of selected groups of NPCs.
Geralt no longer interacts with candles placed near chests and other openable objects.
Improves the smoothness of camera movement.
Fixes a number of issues related to horseback riding.
Fixes an issue where the player could not deflect arrows/bolts at longer distances.
Introduces a number of fixes in in-game communities.
Introduces a number of fixes related to combat.
Vitality begins to drop if Toxicity exceeds 80%, as originally intended.
Fixes an issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
Improves Geralt's movement, especially when he swims.
Fixes an issue whereby Geralt could be attached to a sinking boat while aiming his crossbow.
Fixes a number of issues related to Vitality regeneration.
Fixes an issue whereby certain actions could be randomly blocked during gameplay.
Fixes a rare issue whereby Geralt could not mount Roach after fast travelling between points.
Fixes a number of minor tooltip and wording bugs.
Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.
Introduces a number of additional fixes to alt + tabbing.
Fixes an issue where The Witcher 3 process did not close properly if the user did not have XAUDIO installed.
Introduces a number of general stability and performance improvements.
Fixes an issue where in certain situations the game could crash while a save was being loaded.
Adds some missing translations in localized versions.
Ciri can no longer unlock fast travel points.
Improves the behavior of sails when viewed from longer distances.
Improves performance in selected scenes and cutscenes.
Fixes an issue where clouds and fog could flicker on some hardware configurations.
Fixes an issue where Geralt could pass through walls in the fish market in Novigrad.
Removes repeated sound cues on entry into GUI panels a second time.
Adds a collision near Kaer Gelen that could cause the player to be blocked inside the building.
Improves the scale of selected elements of the GUI and HUD.
Introduces a number of bug fixes and user experience improvements in the GUI panels.
Introduces a number of small changes in the UI for gwent.
Improves the alignment of the HUD for the 21:9, 4:3 and 5:4 screen ratios.
Disables "Input device changed" messages and adds options to disable on-screen combat feedback and floating tags above NPCs.
Adds an information prompt and Journal entries related to new DLC packages.
Fixes an issue where some formulae were not displayed in the Alchemy panel when the player possessed level 1 of said formulae.
Introduces a number of fixes in key bindings.
Introduces new filters for the Alchemy and Crafting panels.
Fixes a number of minor issues where music tracks were not triggered in their designated locations.
Fixes an issue where some players could not interact with an object during the Pyres of Novigrad quest.
Fixes an issue where some players could not make Geralt run after the Wandering in the Dark quest.
Fixes an issue where players could not talk to Octo after the Lord of Undvik quest.
Reduces the number of Wild Hunt minions spawned during the Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixes an issue where Keira could sometimes fall beneath the terrain during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
Fixes an issue where certain actions were blocked during the Blindingly Obvious quest.
Fixes an issue where the player could not activate a portal during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
Fixes an issue where the player could get trapped in the ruins of Tuirseach Castle.
Geralt can now always play gwent with Madame Serenity.
Fixes an issue where Vernon Roche would not appear at the Hanged Man's Tree during the Eye for an Eye quest.
Fixes an issue where the player could not talk or otherwise interact with certain NPCs.
Fixes an issue where the sirens in the Lord of Undvik quest could be invincible.
Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions after the Carnal Sins quest.
Fixes an issue where some players experienced an infinite loading screen during the King's Gambit quest.
Fixes an issue where the player could experience a progression break after choosing a certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in the Count Reuven's Treasure quest.
Fixes an issue where Simun did not spawn properly during the Unpaid Debt quest.
Fixes an issue in the Contract: The Oxenfurt Drunk quest where the katakan was not hostile after being lured.
Fixes an issue in the Contract: Shrieker quest where the shrieker was not hostile in certain situations.
Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions in the Master of the Arena quest.
Fixes an issue where wolves were not visible in the Contract: Mysterious Tracks quest.
Fixes an issue where the player could not fast travel under certain rare circumstances.
Fixes an issue where the player could not interact with Hattori during the Swords and Dumplings quest.
The player can no longer take on the Apiarian Phantom contract multiple times.
Fixes an issue where some players could not progress during the Broken Flowers quest.
Fixes an issue whereby the "Novigrad, Closed City" entry might have remained in the Journal indefinitely.
Fixes an issue in the Return to Crookback Bog quest where monsters were spawned inside a building.
Players can no longer prematurely obtain a key from a halfling, thus blocking the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest.
Fixes an issue in the Greedy God quest where the player could kill a monster twice.
Adds fail-safes for players being unable to obtain gwent cards after Dijkstra or Lambert can no longer be found in the game.
Fixes an issue whereby Triss could get stuck on a set of stairs after a scene during the Now or Never quest.
Fixes an issue where Ermion could not leave Lugos' area during the Sunstone quest.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

Like most games I just pretend the actual number of people I am murdering roaming around is cut down by at least 50%

To be fair, most bandits are in a war torn region, and many of them are deserters.

I've noticed less bandits in Skellige so far, though to be fair, many Skellige citizens are just pirates that are nice on land.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Were there ever any more uses for Keira Metz's Ghost Lantern? I found a "Place of Haunting" in southern Velen where i could see a ghost digging and i found some of my witcher gear there, but nothing else and the marker never greyed out. Had that thing the entire game and nothing ever happened with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Dongattack posted:

Were there ever any more uses for Keira Metz's Ghost Lantern? I found a "Place of Haunting" in southern Velen where i could see a ghost digging and i found some of my witcher gear there, but nothing else and the marker never greyed out. Had that thing the entire game and nothing ever happened with it.

There's also a quest in Kaer Morhen, at the 'Bastion' to the West of the main keep that makes use of it.