Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

weekly font posted:

Yep, PC. I'm not a huge basketball fan these days so an upgraded roster probably isn't something I'll even be aware of. But if the Career/Franchise is that much better I'll plunk the bux.

2K15 is probably the best basketball game ever made so good choice

You will get frustrated at the gameplay until you get a handle on it and you will be annoyed at certain non-game aspects of your MyCareer but when its good, its great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

weekly font posted:

Yep, PC. I'm not a huge basketball fan these days so an upgraded roster probably isn't something I'll even be aware of. But if the Career/Franchise is that much better I'll plunk the bux.

Steam says I've put 250+ hours into this game since I bought it less than 6 months ago, and I haven't ever touched multiplayer.

Also if you like general manager aspect of games I've recently discovered Basketball GM and Football GM

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Away all Goats posted:

Steam says I've put 250+ hours into this game since I bought it less than 6 months ago, and I haven't ever touched multiplayer.

Also if you like general manager aspect of games I've recently discovered Basketball GM and Football GM

that site also has a baseball and a college basketball thing too

really scratches the itch at work because you can just leave it up in the background while you do other stuff

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This game is really fun even though I'm horrible garbage at it. Only issues are it murders my computer but I've had new parts for a while but no motivation to put them in. Also the servers seem to constantly be down which is really annoying when trying to play MyCareer. I'll probably just restart it offline.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This game has made me loving despise doc rivers. 40 seconds left in a game against the spurs and im down by 6 and he can't have our dudes intentionally foul? What the gently caress man.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

This game has made me loving despise doc rivers. 40 seconds left in a game against the spurs and im down by 6 and he can't have our dudes intentionally foul? What the gently caress man.

Lol I was one assist away from my first double double and he pulled me out with 3 minutes to go in the 4th. :argh:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

JPrime posted:

Lol I was one assist away from my first double double and he pulled me out with 3 minutes to go in the 4th. :argh:

Vintage 2k.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Feature #656: Stop making doc rivers my coach after year 1
Feature #657: Who the gently caress is Jackson Ellis, can I punch him in the dick

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
My biggest regret was signing a contract with the Celtics

Good loving god when your point guards are isaiah thomas, phil pressey (2nd string?) and marcus smart sometimes it makes you want to cry

oh. starting center tyler zeller. gently caress i hate this game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
stolen form operation sports(2k16 news):

There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.

Some new shoes have been confirmed for Dwyane Wade and Klay Thompson. They are currently trying to get BrandBlack and Jamal Crawford's shoe in the game. Shoes are getting 3D scanned, so they should look a lot more realistic this year.

Reshot all of the crowd animations this year. A lot more exciting and pumped up animations to take the atmosphere to the next level as well.

Mike Wang: Biggest and most challenging year with gameplay yet. They're working on something big, it'll make the game look significantly better than any game before it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Metapod posted:

07-08 Celtics

loving :getin:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
So I've unlocked a couple of extra attribute upgrades, what exactly am I doing that does that? Is it a x amount of games played thing?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

So I've unlocked a couple of extra attribute upgrades, what exactly am I doing that does that? Is it a x amount of games played thing?

You're capped on the number of stats you can raise, which is loving dumb. So if you start on a new character and have a billion VC, you can't max everything right off the gate.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Tae posted:

You're capped on the number of stats you can raise, which is loving dumb. So if you start on a new character and have a billion VC, you can't max everything right off the gate.

yeah i know but as im playing games in my career, every so often it says 'attribute unlocked' and i can raise another one. what triggers that is what im asking?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

yeah i know but as im playing games in my career, every so often it says 'attribute unlocked' and i can raise another one. what triggers that is what im asking?

You get one for every 7 games you finish.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Tae posted:

You get one for every 7 games you finish.

Alright nice, that is the answer I was looking for. I googled it but i was either phrasing it wrong, or doomed to gamefaqs/similar hell or something.

E: holy crap i just got 3 badges out of one game :stare:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Next year im getting the PC version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsrwNQHqEQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I much prefer this. 2K is gonna have to step up after that FIFA announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucAH6zYOmag

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Out of curiosity, when you guys are doing the MyCareer stuff, what sort of settings do you run? I'm pretty much standard settings I think, maybe except for minutes. Pro difficulty because I'm not really that good, or at least, certainly wasn't to start. I do 6 minute quarters for a couple of reasons. First reason is that doing full length just took an awful lot of time per game, even if they were fun. Also, the scores of the games were ridiculous. I don't have it set to simulation mode because I don't honestly know what the difference is from regular.

I've been doing pretty well for my team. I have a garbage tier team (celtics are so loving bad god i hate them in this game) but we are actually doing really well. i can't tell if that means i should up the difficulty or if I'm basically the young lebron cavs or whatever.

I have a pretty decent teammate grade but am still leading the league in scoring. I guess in some ways it feels a bit too easy, though I still spend most of my time in the game cursing the dumbfucks on my team and also my coach for the worst uses of timeouts ever.

E: also, does the % interest from other teams in you basically indicate your likelihood of being traded to that team if you ask?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I'm playing HoF 12 minute quarters and the game is boringly easy. I am leading the league in basically everything (every counting stat, PER, W/S, GSc, whatever other advanced stats they've implemented) with 50/15/15/6/6 stat lines. I really hope they implement benching your stars if you have a huge lead in NBA2k16. In the last games, you could just intentionally foul and your coach will bench you for the rest of the game for being a clown or whatever, but now I just do whatever on the court for 40 minutes. Apparently, you also can't skip games to get the interesting matchups (beating the Magic 147-97 is only interesting the first time) b/c that fucks up the cutscene progressions. With those two factors, it makes it pretty unlikely I'll even finish my second season before NBA2k16 comes out (nbd b/c apparently there isn't even a special cutscene when you win other than the generic Obama picture)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Uh, what game are you playing because there's clearly a Sim Game button option.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Apparently if you sim games, and a cutscene will normally pop after that game (so like 1/2 of them), the game will just stop giving you cutscenes after that. So no shoe deal, sponsorships, etc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I sim through every non-max game and I still see cutscenes after like every other game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Apparently if you sim games, and a cutscene will normally pop after that game (so like 1/2 of them), the game will just stop giving you cutscenes after that. So no shoe deal, sponsorships, etc.

Yeah this isn't true on PS4. I have skipped entire months and still get cutscenes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's not true on PC either.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Lockback posted:

Yeah this isn't true on PS4. I have skipped entire months and still get cutscenes.

Nothing like simming through a week, getting interrupted for non-skippable team meetings, and oh apparently I missed practice and am being docked minutes. :argh:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

JPrime posted:

Nothing like simming through a week, getting interrupted for non-skippable team meetings, and oh apparently I missed practice and am being docked minutes. :argh:

Oh, they can dock my minutes, if they want to dock themselves some wins :smugdog:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

Oh, they can dock my minutes, if they want to dock themselves some wins :smugdog:

They don't care. They'll still blame you for everything wrong.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just requested a trade for the first time, and my GM wiped his hand right after I shook it. Thread title.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpsXorHcPUw

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Gonna be real upset if I can't name myself Jesus Shuttlesworth in Story Mode.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JoeRules posted:

Gonna be real upset if I can't name myself Jesus Shuttlesworth in Story Mode.

your name is frequency vibrations

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Btw, its already been officially clarified that its just a nickname. You can still name, create, etc your dude like always

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Btw, its already been officially clarified that its just a nickname. You can still name, create, etc your dude like always

I demand a backstory on the frequency vibration nickname

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
Instead of hiring Spike loving Lee* to create the story mode, can you instead hire someone who can make playing a passing-PG fun? thanks...

But seriously, sometimes it's impossible to not get double digit turnovers in this game just because my guy will just choose the exact wrong type of pass needed for the situation. Teammate with open lane to the rim with a defender sorta between us? 50/50 shot at doing an underhand slow-pitch softball pass into the defenders back or trying a bounce pass into the defenders legs. just pass it around the guy for fucks sake :negative:

*this is actually pretty dope, though I kinda hope "the murder of Jackson Ellis" is a plot point in this game. he's the worst

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don't give a poop about spike lee and feel like he's a horrible way for 2K to waste money but whatever. I don't care about my career mode at all and I'm sure the game will be excellent as always. I can't even imagine how ridiculous it's going to look on the PS4 a few years in. My teams may be garbage but at least 2K brings me yearly basketball joy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
My basketball man game is getting weird.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anyone know if people have made classic draft classes for the Xbone version of 2k15 yet? I want to start doing franchise mode again and adding classic draft classes is always more fun than randomly generated ones.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone know if people have made classic draft classes for the Xbone version of 2k15 yet? I want to start doing franchise mode again and adding classic draft classes is always more fun than randomly generated ones.

your best bet would be go check operationsports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I want a NBA Y2k apocalypse draft roster so I can do that experiment myself. Screw adjusting 80 players using a PS4 controller.

• Locked thread